snowpage

Hi ladies I’m trying to gauge which dr/ clinic has been most effective for IVF pregnancy and live birth rate in Jahore Barhu.
I believe the dr is important but equally if not more is the quality of their labs and embryologist to culture and grow embryos into a blastocysts.

**TMC Clinic vs IVF Bridge** - please comment below if you were successful with a pregnancy or live birth with either of these clinic. TIA.

I also did my IVF with Dr Tan of IVF bridge and I am now 11 weeks pregnant with twins (put in 2). Not been an easy journey though, lots of spotting, bleeding and so on. Hoping for the best.

Anyone here intending to consult Dr Tan again once the border opens up?

I also did my IVF with Dr Tan of IVF bridge and I am now 11 weeks pregnant with twins (put in 2). Not been an easy journey though, lots of spotting, bleeding and so on. Hoping for the best.

Anyone here intending to consult Dr Tan again once the border opens up?
Oh take care !! Hope you see a Singapore gynae now. I stop going to Dr tan the moment my hcg went up .. the jam just too pack. My Gf is going back after the border open up .. congratulations for your twins !! I hope mine was twin, but now one healthy girl feutus. Take care! Your tri 1 ending!

I stopped seeing Dr Tan after my 1st trimester and switched to Dr Claudia Chi at NUH. She's super good! But she went into the private sector liao. I tot of going back to Dr Tan to try for #4 after this saga. I have a few frozen eggs with them.

Hi Ladies, my hubby and I are also thinking of going to JB to try for IVF as we have failed 3 fresh cycles in Singapore. May I know if it is very tedious to travel to and fro to JB for the whole treatment?

For my husband and me, yes. Plan ur journey in advance.. we stay in the east. So we'll leave the house at about 6-615am, reach woodlands checkpoint at abt 7am. Cross the border and reach clinic at abt 745am. Q up and hope to be 1st in the q. If we are lucky to be the 1st few in the q and the dr has no procedures on, we will usually leave the place at abt 9-930am. Traffic to sgp is usually clear at that timing. But of cos, we also encountered unfortunate times... thru apps and if traffic is bad, we'll leave by tuas. But one big round to the clinic.. then everything will drag lor.. kena before, rch sgp at abt 1+pm. Btw I was seeing dr tan. Btw we had a few egg retrievals and 3 transfers in total. In our last egg transfer and blood test day, we stayed at a nearby hotel so that we wont rush things into it. I conceive a pair of twins, a chubby boy and a beautiful girl.. they are 8mo now.

I travelled by train as it was the fastest way for me...used to reach clinic by 9, i usually take the 8.30 train from woodlands. No jam or queue or anything for those going by train. Travel time from woodlands to jb sentral is 5 mins. Clinic is less than 10 mins drive away from there.

Train tickets are hard to get so i got mine one month in advance and bought for an entire month. The tickets for weekends are usually sold out within minutes. It is not that expensive ($7/pax two-ways).

Lucky for us, the train worked perfectly well so never had issues with jam or anything. But you need to plan in advance.

I stayed in a hotel on the egg transfer day & endo scratch day to make it easier. For egg retrieval, I didn't stay over.

In total we only had to go there like 4 appointments for egg retrieval, then 6X for FET. 1X for my blood test to confirm pregnancy. Thereafter, lockdown kicked in so I just continued seeing a gynae in Sg.

Last edited:
Any comments abt the embryologists?
I have no idea who their embryologist is. My case I had 28 eggs though only 8 fertilized. Out of the 8, 7 turned into blastocyst (Day 5, 6 and 7). I know they dont give up on embryos right after day-5 and allow it to grow further if they feel it will make it thru.

And my transfer were 2 Day-6 blastocysts, both implanted.

I "feel" that their embryologist quite pro. Tbh, I can feel the latest trf was gonna be successful, cos Dr Tan took a long time on the transfer.. it was the most uncomfortable transfer I ever had (i had done 8 transfers, incl 3 at dr tan clinic). While at the procedure, he kept encouraging me and told me it's going to be over soon. Btw I had done PGS.

I "feel" that their embryologist quite pro. Tbh, I can feel the latest trf was gonna be successful, cos Dr Tan took a long time on the transfer.. it was the most uncomfortable transfer I ever had (i had done 8 transfers, incl 3 at dr tan clinic). While at the procedure, he kept encouraging me and told me it's going to be over soon. Btw I had done PGS.
How come u feel 'uncomfy' but the trf is going to be successful? I only did 1 et so far, no feeling at all.

How much u paid for your whole ivf? And how much is the pgs?

During the transfer u will be awake.the procedure took longer than the prev transfers I had. Can somehow feel that dr tan is finding the best "place" to inject the fertilised eggs in.. PGS was RM9.5k. Excluding PGS, per retrieval plus transfer is abt sgd6k. They are quite generous wid the medication and wont charge extra for higher dosage, unlike sgp.

Yup, once they quote you a pricing, it is quite standard, no extras all the way till the HCG blood test
The IVF fee itself includes all meds, egg retrieval, all anaesthetia, consultations, FET, embryo storage for the 1st year (up to 5, additional for more), endo scratch, ICSI if needed..PGS is separate for upto 5 embryos...Mine was slightly more than the above quoted though

Thanks for the information. Can i also check as the injections need to be kept in the fridge, it is in time to bring them home from jb?
Does PGS help in getting a success in the treatment?

Thanks! Can i ask typically what drugs he uses? Gonal-f? Puregon? Menopur? Also, do you ladies have long or short protocol? Any supplements he encourages u to take?

For injections, I used ice bags.

Drugs, it may differ case to case i think..and mine was long protocol, like close to 3 months (retrieval to transfer) never took any supplements, TCM or acupuncture...IVF itself requires one to take so many jabs, meds and so on, so I opted to not add anything else..

Are you like a spammer, spamming the same thing everywhere? What is the purpose of all your posts??

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you like a spammer, spamming the same thing everywhere? What is the purpose of all your posts??
Apologies, hope you don't misunderstand.
Just that I had very bad experience with PGS. Spent so much money, but still achieved nothing. Just wanted to warn fellow patients ttcing about the limitations of PGS, before they commit to spend so much money and effort. I have now deleted these posts, in case you are offended. In any case, I think that patients should be well-informed about the limitations of a new medical techology, before jumping into it.

Last edited:
I stopped seeing Dr Tan after my 1st trimester and switched to Dr Claudia Chi at NUH. She's super good! But she went into the private sector liao. I tot of going back to Dr Tan to try for #4 after this saga. I have a few frozen eggs with them.

Hi Kayen! would you mind sharing abit more abt your experience with Dr Claudia Chi, esp during the delivery process? I'm considering her as a gynae but don't seem to find much reviews about her online. Thank you!

hi.. i went to check out IVF BRIDGE at JB and was told they only do frozen transfer...no fresh at all..is that right? did 3 fresh and 2 frozen in SG, all unsuccesful.. now exploring JB for IVF

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, can choose. I had only 3 that made it to PGS, 1 boy, 1 girl, and the third unknown. So we opted to put in 1 B and 1 G. And yup, both made it.
Hi @Kayen C, congrats for having twins :) it pays off everything after you have been thru so many failures.
May i know what is your AMH level? Your twins are good quality embryos? For the failed cycles you did, which clinic/ hospital you have been? My AMH is 1.23 ng, quite a low number.

I failed my 1st IVF with Alpha (Dr. Tan Heng Hao) back in June 2021, as I only able to produced two 5CC blastocysts. Then I went for acupuncture, moxibustion and at the 5th month doing acupuncture, moxibustion I was able to conceive naturally.
But sadly, i lost my daughter at week 32 gestation due to no heartbeat. I almost fell into depression during maternity.

Due to the poor quality 5CC embryos I had previously with Alpha, Dr. Tan HH suggested to re-do new cycle. He told us the chance is less than 10% even if we transfer both. Somehow, I find he's not confident when I asked him what can he do for me if I am to re-start new cycle. We felt very disappointed on him, so we will be giving up the two 5CC blastocysts and start new cycle with other doctor.

After some research, we plan to start new cycle with Bridge IVF (Dr. Tan Jui Seng). At our first visit with Dr. Tan JS, we explained to him I had a stillbirth and we showed him all the reports i had. Dr. Tan JS explained to us, I will need to be on aspirin for my next pregnancy. We find he's very confident and experience. Also, dr. Tan JS told us the previous protocol (maximum dosage) doesn't suit me at all so that is why I produced all poor quality embryos. He said he will reduce the dosage and it should help me producing good quality embryo for my new cycle. So far, we are very comfortable with Dr. Tan JS. I am hopeful now with the support and treatment under Dr. Tan JS. I will be starting new cycle this Dec. Now, i am taking COQ10, Tru Niagen, Vitamin D and DHEA. I will continue acupuncture and moxibustion as well. I hope I have better result.

thank you for the reply... the nurse told me the process takes 2.5 mths..seems rather long but is it the right info?

Hi @hoping4achild have you decided if you will continue with Bridge? Which clinic/ hospital you been in SG? I find Dr. Tan JS is very professional. He's a very good and experience doctor. It's not easy to find a good doctor. Personally, I am very disappointed with Alpha. And, I find Dr. Tan JS is very encouraging and he gave me confident so I will proceed with Bridge.

Last edited:
Hi @Kayen C, congrats for having twins :) it pays off everything after you have been thru so many failures.
May i know what is your AMH level? Your twins are good quality embryos? For the failed cycles you did, which clinic/ hospital you have been? My AMH is 1.23 ng, quite a low number.

I failed my 1st IVF with Alpha (Dr. Tan Heng Hao) back in June 2021, as I only able to produced two 5CC blastocysts. Then I went for acupuncture, moxibustion and at the 5th month doing acupuncture, moxibustion I was able to conceive naturally.
But sadly, i lost my daughter at week 32 gestation due to no heartbeat. I almost fell into depression during maternity.

Due to the poor quality 5CC embryos I had previously with Alpha, Dr. Tan HH suggested to re-do new cycle. He told us the chance is less than 10% even if we transfer both. Somehow, I find he's not confident when I asked him what can he do for me if I am to re-start new cycle. We felt very disappointed on him, so we will be giving up the two 5CC blastocysts and start new cycle with other doctor.

After some research, we plan to start new cycle with Bridge IVF (Dr. Tan Jui Seng). At our first visit with Dr. Tan JS, we explained to him I had a stillbirth and we showed him all the reports i had. Dr. Tan JS explained to us, I will need to be on aspirin for my next pregnancy. We find he's very confident and experience. Also, dr. Tan JS told us the previous protocol (maximum dosage) doesn't suit me at all so that is why I produced all poor quality embryos. He said he will reduce the dosage and it should help me producing good quality embryo for my new cycle. So far, we are very comfortable with Dr. Tan JS. I am hopeful now with the support and treatment under Dr. Tan JS. I will be starting new cycle this Dec. Now, i am taking COQ10, Tru Niagen, Vitamin D and DHEA. I will continue acupuncture and moxibustion as well. I hope I have better result.
So sorry for the loss of your daughter. It must be very depressing. My twins were from donor's egg, cos my egg quality was very bad. They have an elder sister, 4 year apart, and she was also conceived thru IVF (Singapore, Dr Roland Chiang, 1st try).

We so much wanted a sibling for my firstborn, and we knew its unlikley we can rely on my eggs. So we took up Dr Tan JS' suggestion and went thru the donor programme. The result was great - 3 very good quality blastocysts. Selected the best 2, a B and G. And both made it.

Its a stigma to use donor's egg, I know. But we find it perfectly ok. I mean, mebbe a small part of me still feel sad, that they dun resemble me at all, but again, I had them inside me for 10 mths. The bonding is still there la.

If really very low/no chance to conceive with own eggs, mebbe can consider the donor prog. We were very lucky that the donor's egg and my husband's sperms managed to created 2 beautiful children.

So sorry for the loss of your daughter. It must be very depressing. My twins were from donor's egg, cos my egg quality was very bad. They have an elder sister, 4 year apart, and she was also conceived thru IVF (Singapore, Dr Roland Chiang, 1st try).

We so much wanted a sibling for my firstborn, and we knew its unlikley we can rely on my eggs. So we took up Dr Tan JS' suggestion and went thru the donor programme. The result was great - 3 very good quality blastocysts. Selected the best 2, a B and G. And both made it.

Its a stigma to use donor's egg, I know. But we find it perfectly ok. I mean, mebbe a small part of me still feel sad, that they dun resemble me at all, but again, I had them inside me for 10 mths. The bonding is still there la.

If really very low/no chance to conceive with own eggs, mebbe can consider the donor prog. We were very lucky that the donor's egg and my husband's sperms managed to created 2 beautiful children.

@Kayen C, it really lucky that the blastocysts grade are good. Don't be sad. I know you have tried everything and now you have your miracle babies.

May I know how much is the egg donor cost?

Last edited:
@Kayen C, it really lucky that the blastocysts grade are good. Don't be sad. I know you have tried everything and now you have your miracle babies.

May I know how much is the egg donor cost?
Ya, we were lucky. We paid RM20k for the donation prog in late 2018. I recall the clinic and donor will take 50-50. Dr Tan's wife, Ms Lee, was very helpful and professional, and more importantly, extremely patient with us. In case you are interested to know on our logistics arrangement, we will leave our place in the east at 7am. Send firstborn to childcare, and then head straight to wlds checkpoint. The traffic was relatively low during that period. We will reach at about 8am, and we were usually the first or second in the queue. Its a FCFS policy at IVF Bridge. I read elsewhr that commented that Dr Tan will see Singapore patients first, but I do not think so la. Also, some commented that the counter staff and Dr Tan's attitude not very good. I beg to differ la. :)

Ya, we were lucky. We paid RM20k for the donation prog in late 2018. I recall the clinic and donor will take 50-50. Dr Tan's wife, Ms Lee, was very helpful and professional, and more importantly, extremely patient with us. In case you are interested to know on our logistics arrangement, we will leave our place in the east at 7am. Send firstborn to childcare, and then head straight to wlds checkpoint. The traffic was relatively low during that period. We will reach at about 8am, and we were usually the first or second in the queue. Its a FCFS policy at IVF Bridge. I read elsewhr that commented that Dr Tan will see Singapore patients first, but I do not think so la. Also, some commented that the counter staff and Dr Tan's attitude not very good. I beg to differ la. :)
Btw, my twins came out full term at 38 weeks. Boy 2.9kg, girl 2.4kg. Very good weight for twins. After my 1st trimester, I switched to a Singapore gynae.

Back