IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

Attachments

• lumiglow.jpg
    lumiglow.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 265
Hi salam ladies,

Is this thread still active in 2020? As im going for IVF soon so hoping that we can share our
journey with other muslim sisters too.

Hi salam ladies,

Is this thread still active in 2020? As im going for IVF soon so hoping that we can share our
journey with other muslim sisters too.
Salam. I am scheduled for my BCCC session at KKH in 2 weeks' time. Could possibly join the June ivf cycle. Have you started yours?

Salam. I am scheduled for my BCCC session at KKH in 2 weeks' time. Could possibly join the June ivf cycle. Have you started yours?

Salam,

Im with NUH, supposed to start my IVF march but due to covid situation NUH stopped all ivf procedure. I am still waiting for my turn, as they have resume IVF but only for women aged 35 aboved with low AMH. I am currently 29 years old. So i think its going to be a few months wait. Is this your first IVF cycle sis?

Salam,

Im with NUH, supposed to start my IVF march but due to covid situation NUH stopped all ivf procedure. I am still waiting for my turn, as they have resume IVF but only for women aged 35 aboved with low AMH. I am currently 29 years old. So i think its going to be a few months wait. Is this your first IVF cycle sis?
Hopefully your wait won't be a long one sis. :) Yes, this will be my first IVF cycle. I had my 1st appt at KKH in 2017 due to dysfunctional uterine bleeding. Went through treatments until late last year and finally in Feb I was told that I could proceed with IVF. Natural conception seems unlikely for me as my right tube is blocked and the left one is not in excellent condition either. The nurse who called informed that I may join either the June or July cycle pending my next menses. I'm turning 36 this year, TTC for 4 years now. As the date draws nearer I'm getting more and more nervous.

Hopefully your wait won't be a long one sis. :) Yes, this will be my first IVF cycle. I had my 1st appt at KKH in 2017 due to dysfunctional uterine bleeding. Went through treatments until late last year and finally in Feb I was told that I could proceed with IVF. Natural conception seems unlikely for me as my right tube is blocked and the left one is not in excellent condition either. The nurse who called informed that I may join either the June or July cycle pending my next menses. I'm turning 36 this year, TTC for 4 years now. As the date draws nearer I'm getting more and more nervous.

salam,

I wish you all the best sis, insyallah everything will go smoothly. Do update and share once you have started your IVF journey so we can support each other ya!

salam,

I wish you all the best sis, insyallah everything will go smoothly. Do update and share once you have started your IVF journey so we can support each other ya!
Thanks dear and all the best to you too. Will update every step of the way insyaaAllah. May Allah ease our efforts.

salam all,

idk if this thread is still ongoing but i’ve been reading and im soooo motivated and pump reading all thos motivations, perseverance and the BFP’s of course.

i’ve been ttc for 2 years and 28 yrs old this year. had one miscarriage early stages, konon bunting pelamin tapi tk realize then kau, gi theme park main roller coaster bagai balik malam bleeding.

i have a stressful work life and demanding boss - so that surely affects my ability and mindset to BD with husband as i am always tired.

since i am wfh now, its the best time to kick start everything again. unfortunately, im PCOS. i am currently under Dr Aziz care, which he prescribed me clomid which I am on my 3rd day and just looking to see if im ovulating using ovulation strip, and if yes its BD all the way.

i am being positive all the way to see where my fate will takes me but i have also made plans and secure a IVF appt with Prof Wong at NUH for IVF.

I sounds crazy and very spot on, but, i know my body could do so much better but just need a little knock!

salam all,

idk if this thread is still ongoing but i’ve been reading and im soooo motivated and pump reading all thos motivations, perseverance and the BFP’s of course.

i’ve been ttc for 2 years and 28 yrs old this year. had one miscarriage early stages, konon bunting pelamin tapi tk realize then kau, gi theme park main roller coaster bagai balik malam bleeding.

i have a stressful work life and demanding boss - so that surely affects my ability and mindset to BD with husband as i am always tired.

since i am wfh now, its the best time to kick start everything again. unfortunately, im PCOS. i am currently under Dr Aziz care, which he prescribed me clomid which I am on my 3rd day and just looking to see if im ovulating using ovulation strip, and if yes its BD all the way.

i am being positive all the way to see where my fate will takes me but i have also made plans and secure a IVF appt with Prof Wong at NUH for IVF.

I sounds crazy and very spot on, but, i know my body could do so much better but just need a little knock!

Salam Sis

Insyallah, may this year be our year to BFP. When is your appoinment with Prof Wong? As im also with NUH but with Doc Shakinah. I wish you all the best for your journey

Salam Sis

Insyallah, may this year be our year to BFP. When is your appoinment with Prof Wong? As im also with NUH but with Doc Shakinah. I wish you all the best for your journey
amin amin amin!!!! the same to you too!

for now, 1st august just follow up with Dr Aziz on my clomid cycle.

my appt with prof wong is on 2nd september. lama you! hahahah

how is your journey so far?

salam all,

Salam all,
I'm currently in my two week wait. Did my ET this morning. Been a rollercoaster of a month, now praying hard that my embaby will stick. All the best to the both of you. May Allah bless all of us with zuriat of our own, ameeen...

Salam all,
I'm currently in my two week wait. Did my ET this morning. Been a rollercoaster of a month, now praying hard that my embaby will stick. All the best to the both of you. May Allah bless all of us with zuriat of our own, ameeen...

Salam sis,

Can share what you did during stims like what food to eat or avoid? Baby dust to you sis. May allah bless us of Baby soooon!!

Salam sis,

Can share what you did during stims like what food to eat or avoid? Baby dust to you sis. May allah bless us of Baby soooon!!
Salam,
Personally I did not follow any strict diet. Just made sure that I took my daily portion of veg and fruits with my daily meals and I did not take any red meat. Based on what I managed to read up here, what I did follow was taking 2 brazil nuts and 1-2 hard boiled eggs daily and made sure that I stayed hydrated. I was concerned that I might get OHSS coz I have PCOS, so I made sure to drink 100 plus as well. It definitely helped coz i did feel slightly bloated at times. So I would definitely advise you to stock up on 100 plus. :)

Salam all,
wishing nothing but the best! one more week wait! how is it so far?

Salam all! So happy to stumble across this cos i'm keen to know fellow sisters who are gg thru IUI/IVF. Was wondering if there is any existing muslimah support grp on whatsapp?
Salam dear.. I've not come across of such whatsapp grp so far. Just been studiously stalking the different threads here.

wishing nothing but the best! one more week wait! how is it so far?
I'm 3dp5dt today. Trying verrry hard not to spot symptoms. Overall though, been feeling crampy since ET and a bit lethargic today. Did read it might just be the progesterone.. Promised myself not to do any hpt, coz I'm a serial overthinker. Hehe.. Just praying and hoping for the best.

salam guys, idk if i am overthinking. i am on cd12 and on clomid and suddenly i still feel cramps, bad cramping at my womb area. and not only that my womb area feels heavy. is this normal or im just overthinking?

salam guys, idk if i am overthinking. i am on cd12 and on clomid and suddenly i still feel cramps, bad cramping at my womb area. and not only that my womb area feels heavy. is this normal or im just overthinking?
Salam sis,
CD12. Perhaps you're ovulating? I personally get cramps around ovulation period. You could check and get busy BD'ing. :)

Salam sis,
CD12. Perhaps you're ovulating? I personally get cramps around ovulation period. You could check and get busy BD'ing. :)
i never have this kind of cramps before even during ovulation. maybe the clomid is working, alhamdulillah. hahahaha will need to get busy!

As salaam alaikum ladies. Eidul Adha Mubarak :)

I had my FET done at KKH last week and am on Crinone progesterone gel inserts. My blood test is next Wed but today I started bleeding. It’s been about 10 days after FET.
Not sure if I should still continue with progesterone inserts. Can’t call the clinic coz it’s public holiday today.

A little bit sad if this means FET didn’t work. Still hopeful but am preparing for the worst...

May Allah bless us with what’s best for us, and for us to always be pleased with what He has written for us.

I had my FET done at KKH last week and am on Crinone progesterone gel inserts. My blood test is next Wed but today I started bleeding. It’s been about 10 days after FET.
Not sure if I should still continue with progesterone inserts. Can’t call the clinic coz it’s public holiday today.

A little bit sad if this means FET didn’t work. Still hopeful but am preparing for the worst...

May Allah bless us with what’s best for us, and for us to always be pleased with what He has written for us.
Salam sis. Eid Mubarak to you too. Please call them early morning tomorrow and continue your Crinone inserts. Please do not lose hope, coz I've heard of BFPs with bleeding which is why you must not stop the inserts. May Allah ease your affairs dear. I'll pray the best for you.

Salam sis. Eid Mubarak to you too. Please call them early morning tomorrow and continue your Crinone inserts. Please do not lose hope, coz I've heard of BFPs with bleeding which is why you must not stop the inserts. May Allah ease your affairs dear. I'll pray the best for you.
Ameen. JazzakAllahu khayran
Insha’Allah will call them tomorrow.

praying nothing but the best for you sis! tomorrow i also my review with Dr Aziz! so excited to see how is the progression so far!

Salam dear.. I've not come across of such whatsapp grp so far. Just been studiously stalking the different threads here.
Salam! Noted thanks. Just wondering if anyone is keen to start a telegram/whatsapp muslimah chat for TTC pls do DM me. I do religiously stalk threads too but gets a little hard to keep up some times :)

Assalamualaikum sisters. An update from me. I had my ER done on 20th july, ET on 25th July and my 2ww ended today. I went for my Beta this morning and alhamdulillah the nurse called to tell me that I am pregnant. I will be heading back to KKH later for some additional medication. A long journey it has been from my first appt at KKH in Sep 2017 and alhamdulillah the beginning of a new phase. It is early days I know, I seek your prayers that I will go through this pregnancy with ease and I pray that all of you will get that BFP you're all waiting for insyaaAllah. Babydust to all!

Assalamualaikum sisters. An update from me. I had my ER done on 20th july, ET on 25th July and my 2ww ended today. I went for my Beta this morning and alhamdulillah the nurse called to tell me that I am pregnant. I will be heading back to KKH later for some additional medication. A long journey it has been from my first appt at KKH in Sep 2017 and alhamdulillah the beginning of a new phase. It is early days I know, I seek your prayers that I will go through this pregnancy with ease and I pray that all of you will get that BFP you're all waiting for insyaaAllah. Babydust to all!

Congrats sis!!!!

Congratulations!! May I know which doctor are u with at KKH?

Thank you @Niki Kitty & @Luxee! @Luxee, I'm a subsidised patient, but my case has been handled by Dr Liu Shuling ever since I was referred to Clinic D in 2018. Diff docs sometimes attended to me during appts but for important decisions and procedures ie; laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, ER & ET was done by her. Even my stims dosage was finalised by her. Two attending docs mentioned during stims review that I might have to go on frozen cycle for transfer but Dr Liu okayed my fresh transfer. I would personally recommend her.

congratulations sister! ❤️❤️

Congrats sis!

I am very new here but trying to find ways and knowledge on conceiving. It has been close to 2-3 years ttc but each time, only to disappoint when little miss flow came by.

Assalamualaikum sisters! Today is my first day of stimulations. Both husband and myself are very excited to be on this journey.

We have been married for 8 years, 2 ectopic pregnancies (both fallopian tubes removed) that is why we need to go through the IVF process.

All the pre-checks seems ok (doc said I could have conceived naturally without a problem) but I am missing one of the most important reproduction organ.. haha..

Good luck to everybody, Insya'Allah urusan kami semua dipermudahkan. Amin!

amin amin amin!!!! the same to you too!

for now, 1st august just follow up with Dr Aziz on my clomid cycle.

my appt with prof wong is on 2nd september. lama you! hahahah

how is your journey so far?
Hi sis, I was reading all the threads, and saw that I’ll be on clomid cycle. How was your journey? I had the lowest dose in 2019 but it didn’t work, and the highest clomid dose some time this year in Feb, pun Tak work.

share with me your experience so I can also learn if it works out for u!

All da best sis!

Assalamualaikum sisters! Today is my first day of stimulations. Both husband and myself are very excited to be on this journey.

We have been married for 8 years, 2 ectopic pregnancies (both fallopian tubes removed) that is why we need to go through the IVF process.

All the pre-checks seems ok (doc said I could have conceived naturally without a problem) but I am missing one of the most important reproduction organ.. haha..

Good luck to everybody, Insya'Allah urusan kami semua dipermudahkan. Amin!
May Allah ease both your journey. I am not sure what is stimulations journey but hoping good news coming into your way, InsyaAllah!

May Allah ease both your journey. I am not sure what is stimulations journey but hoping good news coming into your way, InsyaAllah!

Amin! Stimulation is when you self administer injections of hormones to your body. To "grow" your eggs so the Doctor can retrieve them. :)

salam all,

I gave up on checking the ovulation kits. It’s too expensive! How did u keep up? I am 30 this year but trying to conceive about the same time as you, 2 years. Reading ur thread after chancing across this forum made me feel another wave of energy coming in since I read this thread, I made the effort to.. let’s do the deed man, cmon! Haha I took clomid under dr Loke.

how is dr Aziz? I was thinking of changing doctor even, as there is no result..

Amin! Stimulation is when you self administer injections of hormones to your body. To "grow" your eggs so the Doctor can retrieve them. :)
Ah I see I see! How Long must u perform the injection? Look at the bright side!!! I have a friend, she did IVF and had been trying for 5 years... alhamdulillah she gave birth to twin boys 1 month ago... hope that gives u semangat!

Ah I see I see! How Long must u perform the injection? Look at the bright side!!! I have a friend, she did IVF and had been trying for 5 years... alhamdulillah she gave birth to twin boys 1 month ago... hope that gives u semangat!

I need to do the jabs till next Monday. After which, I will go back to KKH to check on my follicles.

Wah! Twins! Ehehheh..

I gave up on checking the ovulation kits. It’s too expensive! How did u keep up? I am 30 this year but trying to conceive about the same time as you, 2 years. Reading ur thread after chancing across this forum made me feel another wave of energy coming in since I read this thread, I made the effort to.. let’s do the deed man, cmon! Haha I took clomid under dr Loke.

how is dr Aziz? I was thinking of changing doctor even, as there is no result..

Oh i just buy ovulation kits from online, buy in a bulk - wayyy cheaper and works like clearblue!

I am already on the day of my period but tkde period lagi but tknk check, so just wait till 3 days past and check. I also mcm 50/50, cause it gets tiring sebab sikit je, eh pregnant ke? not good for mental health.

Dr Aziz, good! chop chop and all the other kakak kat sana friendly. I also dk if i should go for IVF since i’m WFH, so tk sangat pakai HL.

Abit conflicted.

Congrats sis!
Thanks dear. All the best to all of you in your TTC journey. Heartaches, heartbreaks, mood swings, emotional turmoils are just part and parcel of this journey that Allah has chosen for us. Just bear in mind that if it is meant for us, it will happen eventually insyaaAllah and if we are put in this position then surely we are strong enough to go through it.. Redha and tawakkal is very important. ❤️❤️❤️

I almost wanted to give up. While the wait, i was not thinking about any symptoms and carry out with my daily routine sampai, i missed my period for 4 days. Went to check and alhamdulillah its a positive. I have never gotten a positive in the past 2 years and the feeling is very shocking. Alhamdulillah eventhough its in the early stages, i still wanna share with my perjuangan sisters.

Will be heading for a scan in the next two weeks! For those who are still in their TTC journey, insyaallah semua di permudahkan. Amin.

Attachments

• D17896A1-7652-415B-AA54-AD1114B98AB2.jpeg
    D17896A1-7652-415B-AA54-AD1114B98AB2.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 199
I almost wanted to give up. While the wait, i was not thinking about any symptoms and carry out with my daily routine sampai, i missed my period for 4 days. Went to check and alhamdulillah its a positive. I have never gotten a positive in the past 2 years and the feeling is very shocking. Alhamdulillah eventhough its in the early stages, i still wanna share with my perjuangan sisters.

Will be heading for a scan in the next two weeks! For those who are still in their TTC journey, insyaallah semua di permudahkan. Amin.

Congrats sister

Congrats sis!!! So happy for ur BFP! May Allah ease ur pregnancy journey!

Congrats!!

Back