IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

Hi ladies..juz 2 enquire.if 1st time do IUI n unsuccessful,so when we opt for Ivf next..does it count as in 2nd..i mean the rate for ivf..or still a 1st time ..thks

Hi @syrian!! thanks for the info! A bit sad la I didn't go to him earlier.. When u did acu, u went alone or w husband? The herbs he brew is in a liquid form alrdy? Ok for Muslims to drink?
Ur husband go acu also?

The problem is I only have time during sat evenings and Sundays, wh I guess wld be peak period.. But Insya'Allah I try to go..

Btw actually im going for my 2nd round of IUI.. So are u going again for another cycle?

@andreanie I assume u mean the actual procedure on de day rite?

In the morning, husband provide sperm to the hosp for washing. Then abt 2-3 hrs later the wife proceed to hosp for iui. The actual procedure takes less than 10min. The nurse let u rest a while then u can go home. To me its a bit similar to HSG but less painful. Insya'Allah may your journey be eased. :)

@andreanie I assume u mean the actual procedure on de day rite?

In the morning, husband provide sperm to the hosp for washing. Then abt 2-3 hrs later the wife proceed to hosp for iui. The actual procedure takes less than 10min. The nurse let u rest a while then u can go home. To me its a bit similar to HSG but less painful. Insya'Allah may your journey be eased. :)

Errr not me asking that babe lol! I did iui before before my Ivf hehe..

But this time I'm given tamoxifen pills to eat instead of Clomid. Anyone taken tamoxifen?

@andreani hahaha!! Oops!! Oh ya eh.. U said u went for iui!! My 1st iui my menses came before BT..and did a preg test wh waa negative. So that was a disappointment.

I was not prescribed tamoxifen.

Btw the ensure that u drink Is Ensure Powder eh like in the link? I went to guardian, shop n save and sinseh, all them sell Ensure Life. Not sure if it's de same thing and dun want to buy wrong thing.

@andreani hahaha!! Oops!! Oh ya eh.. U said u went for iui!! My 1st iui my menses came before BT..and did a preg test wh waa negative. So that was a disappointment.

I was not prescribed tamoxifen.

Btw the ensure that u drink Is Ensure Powder eh like in the link? I went to guardian, shop n save and sinseh, all them sell Ensure Life. Not sure if it's de same thing and dun want to buy wrong thing.

Here's a pic dear! :) Ada 3 flavors u can choose.
ImageUploadedByForum1398953872.801677.jpg

U do iui kat mana? Nuh too?

Hi kin-etic,
I went acu alone. Hb went once 2x only wif me. Coz the problematic one is me. Dr que's herbs already brewed so its in liquid form & available in small pkts. So u can juz pour hot water over the pkt to heat it up b4 drinking.

His herbs mainly frm plant source. I told him tat im muslim & so wil nt take anything tats frm animal origin. Hes ok wif it & wil substitute wif something else. His obats comes in 5 day supply. To consume 2x a day so theres 10 pkts. So far acu for repeated vistit abt $43 den if plus herbs, its abt 100 -110. He wil update how often he needs to see u based on ur condition. For me its 3x a wk..

Actually ingat nk start my next fresh next mth but am going for hysteroscopy this mon. So doc said have to wait for 1-2 cycles after tat. High chance i wil do in aug. Dun wanna clash wif raya..so i stil have some more months to prep the body..take care dear..

Hi syrian..must we make appt to see Dr Que.And if u dont mind,can i hv the address.If 1st time gi..trus do acu ke?N hw much 4 1st visit

@syrian thanks for your reply.. im thinking of my bringing my husband too so that the Dr can chk his health too.

all the best for your procedure on monday.. and good u got time to prep ur body.. i kinda prep too late .. already half way to the process alrdy.

wow... the thread is moving sOoOo fast... :D

@deardyan Enjoy yr 2ww and rest well k.
To @shakey , @andreanie , @kin-etic , may all your procedures going smoothly . Ameen :)

@jannah jann , my 1st HSG at NUH experience was a painful one. I cried sebab too painful!
Luckily hubby was around at that time. And no my both tubes are not blocked.

@bubbli26 sorry to hear that sis. InsyaAllah next cycle will be an easy one for u.
@babydusty which stage u are right now sis?
@hayleyscott Thank you for the tips!

salam semue…. i did mine today n it was horrible… sakit nah….. lucky hubby was around to bring me home. anyway my result will b send to my gynea. so i below tau lagi e results…

Hi ladyhawkeye,
Dr que does not accept appmt. Juz need to cal to chk if hes ard. Hes away for hols frm 1-4th may.
His add: Blk 86, Marine Parade Central #01-670 s(440086). The centre named Tang Shan Medical but wooden signage is in chinese characters. Its directly opposite ntuc finest & beside a spa.Contact no 63485983.

He wil chk ur pulse during 1st consultation & ask abt ur history. U can bring along ur BT results to show him. Bring hb as well if possible. Den he wil advise u wat to avoid eating & how often u need to see him wkly. Yup he wil acu on the spot & prescribe herbs if u ok wif it. Juz tell him tat to avoid any animal origins. I tak ingat how much 1st consultatn. But repeat consultation + acu + herb brewing + herbs, total ard 100-110.

Kin-etic, thanks dear for the wishes..nvmlah since u dah halfway thro. But no harm trying him. Who noes he can help.I find tat hes gd & really noe wat hes doing. Hes a bit quiet to some ladies. Juz ask him any questions & he wil answer u.
But juz be prepared tat his clinic is packed on wkends. Waiting time might be long..

@jannah jann salam to u.. Sorry to hear abt ur HSG.. Have a good recovery k? Lucky ur husband ard..

@syrian does the BT result show any other info other than -ve/+ve? I didn't go for mine since my AF came.. So got no BT result

Kin-etic, i mean BT results for other tests lah. Nt hcg. Mayb amh, fsh etc. For me, i didnt bring mine. Stakat tell him abt my history of endo & laps. Wats my ivf results for both rounds.

Salam Sisters, just got back from my scan today. Not so good news. I have to do coasting in this cycle, meaning do ER and then FET at the next one.. Reason being, I am at a very high risk of OHSS. I have a total of 25 follicles in each ovary. Prof Wong said if I were to continue, chances of pregnancy will be low oso..

My follicles also still growing slowly.

Right side: 20mm, 15mm and a lot of 13.5mm
Left side: 15mm, a lot of 13.5mm, 11mm
Lining: 9mm

Feeling quite upset.. But I have to accept it.. Praying the FET will be a success. Insha Allah.
Has anyone done FET before? Hows the procedure like?

Salam Sisters, just got back from my scan today. Not so good news. I have to do coasting in this cycle, meaning do ER and then FET at the next one.. Reason being, I am at a very high risk of OHSS. I have a total of 25 follicles in each ovary. Prof Wong said if I were to continue, chances of pregnancy will be low oso..

Feeling quite upset.. But I have to accept it.. Praying the FET will be a success. Insha Allah.

Hugs!!! Nvmd dear, just do ER and FET, on a positive more u hv loads of embies to freeze. My friend did FET too cos she had OHSS and had to stop midway. But she's now happy with her bundle of joy, the result of the FET. And another just gave birth to her second set of twins via FET.
FET are very much similar to ET.
Hope u rest well for now.

Hugs!!! Nvmd dear, just do ER and FET, on a positive more u hv loads of embies to freeze. My friend did FET too cos she had OHSS and had to stop midway. But she's now happy with her bundle of joy, the result of the FET. And another just gave birth to her second set of twins via FET.
FET are very much similar to ET.
Hope u rest well for now.

Thank you all of you dearies! That gives me renewed hope. Insha Allah! Im no longer upset. Thinking postively now. :)

My ER is scheduled for this Thursday. Praying hard that they get a good few eggs this time. My FET should be arnd Aug. Insha Allah!

May Allah reward all of us and our loved ones thru these hardships! Amin!

@syrian I went to Dr que yday and I agree with u abt him. :) I told him I know there's nothing much he can do since my iui is due any day now. despite of that I think the consultation went quite good. :)

Thanks to all the advice to the sisters here!

*hoping for a BFP soon*

Hi kin-etic, great tat u enjoyed the consultation. Did u take his herbs? Praying for a bfp for u! Take care dear..think positive k..

Salam everyone...

hope everyone has been in good health lately!
My Blood test is in 2 days! It's this friday. So seram!! Hahahaha Tapi excited nak tau. Lol
So far my 2ww is very smooth and pretty uneventful except for cramps and twinges. Sekejap ada diarrhea and sekejap i ada constipation hahaha badan i pun confuse.
I had no implantation bleeding so far but lotsa vaginal discharge. Tak tau if its because of all the progesterone.
I have been having really long vivid dreams past few days ni pun tak tau if its because of the progesterone. Hahahahah
But i'm still feeling positive! And for the whole 2ww, instead of being all grumpy ngan my husband, surprisingly i tak carik pasal langsung ngan dia. mcm makin manja lagi ada. hahahha ada satu kali ni, entah kenapa, i stared at him while he was sleeping, pas tu senyum sendiri.
Pleaase keep me in your prayers. I'm hoping for a positive!

@shakey so sorry to hear u had to stop halfway but they said it's better for your body. Cos kalau u transfer when your body is in that condition, conception susah nak happen. At least u rest your body for a cycle, and do FET, your body is in tip top condition! Insha Allah dear. U waited so long for this, another cycle will fly by very fast.

wow... the thread is moving sOoOo fast... :D

@deardyan Enjoy yr 2ww and rest well k.
To @shakey , @andreanie , @kin-etic , may all your procedures going smoothly . Ameen :)

@jannah jann , my 1st HSG at NUH experience was a painful one. I cried sebab too painful!
Luckily hubby was around at that time. And no my both tubes are not blocked.

@bubbli26 sorry to hear that sis. InsyaAllah next cycle will be an easy one for u.
@babydusty which stage u are right now sis?
@hayleyscott Thank you for the tips!

Thanks dear..Hope urs will be smooth sailing too..;-)

Salam everyone...

hope everyone has been in good health lately!
My Blood test is in 2 days! It's this friday. So seram!! Hahahaha Tapi excited nak tau. Lol
So far my 2ww is very smooth and pretty uneventful except for cramps and twinges. Sekejap ada diarrhea and sekejap i ada constipation hahaha badan i pun confuse.
I had no implantation bleeding so far but lotsa vaginal discharge. Tak tau if its because of all the progesterone.
I have been having really long vivid dreams past few days ni pun tak tau if its because of the progesterone. Hahahahah
But i'm still feeling positive! And for the whole 2ww, instead of being all grumpy ngan my husband, surprisingly i tak carik pasal langsung ngan dia. mcm makin manja lagi ada. hahahha ada satu kali ni, entah kenapa, i stared at him while he was sleeping, pas tu senyum sendiri.
Pleaase keep me in your prayers. I'm hoping for a positive!

@shakey so sorry to hear u had to stop halfway but they said it's better for your body. Cos kalau u transfer when your body is in that condition, conception susah nak happen. At least u rest your body for a cycle, and do FET, your body is in tip top condition! Insha Allah dear. U waited so long for this, another cycle will fly by very fast.

Deardyan...Good to hear u r feeling very positive..Insya-allah we will hear good news from you....During 2ww memang mcm mcm ragam...But as long as nothing major then its fine...Just relax and rest well...Wtg for ur good news..;-)

Shakey not to worry..Follow the dr protocol...Hving OHSS after ER then during 2ww which will continue till 1st tri is no joke..can be dangerous for ur body too..They r sistas who succeed in FET....Look at the positive side ya...Wish u all the best...;-)

Hi ladies, wah suddenly this thread is so active..great to noe tat most of u are cycling. Me still waiting for a right time to do so..

Kin-etic & Bubbli, its me! I yg seeing dr que now for tcm. So far i think hes gd. V selesa wif him. The best is can communicate well as hes a sgporean. Oh yar he will be away frm 1st may til 4th may for hols. He be back on 5th onwards. His acu points nt tat many. So far for me, there 3-4 on tummy, 2 on each leg & 2 on 1 ear. So its nt tat many. Its for 20-30min i think coz i always fall asleep during acu hehe..waiting time not tat bad. Depends on wat time u go. If wkdays u go abt 3pm, slalu takd org. B4 lunch sometime juz 1 or 2 pple ahead of u. But so far i go, the waiting time not so long. Yg buat leceh is the waiting time for the obat to be brewed. Takes abt 2hrs. So usually i go jln2 at parkway to waste time..but sometime he goes for house visit for acu so better call in to ask 1st if hes ard.

Hi Syrian....Ah..it's u..Sorry i ni pelupa sikit..memory very de bad at times...hahaha...How r u dear?

Hello ladies,

I'm back from the hospital and did my Blood test today.
It's Day 13 of my transfer today and it's POSITIVE!!!!!

Alhamdulillah we're pregnant. Our beta is 508 for today and to be honest, we actually play cheat a bit.
I started POAS on Wednesday which D11P3DT. I used a cheapie initially and it was a clear positive.
Then i had one expired Clearblue Digital, tried on that it came out as pregnant. I wasn't convinced through cos 1 test is expired and one is a cheapie.

So yesterday, D12P3DT, i tried again. One on normal Clearblue HPT and the + sign came up almost immediately!
I tried on another Clearblue DIgital and it states Pregnant 2- 3.
i was so happy because i have never ever seen the word pregnant on the DIgital HPT before and never a + sign or a double line.

But i was still wary and want the blood test to be a confirmation.
So when the nurse called me earlier, i was surprised that i cried when she told me i'm pregnant. I was so overwhelmed by the news.
So happy it finally happened for us after close to 3 years and also because i removed both tubes and would never be able to conceive naturally.

So, miracle do happen! Those in your 2ww, please just keep positive thoughts in your head. That's what i did.
Each time i think i'm gonna fail this cycle, i'll do a turn around and think it will definitely happen instead.

I didn't really do a lot of bedrest. Instead, i went out for dinner dates with family & close friends and kept myself happy all the time.
I think it really helps mentally instead of wallowing in self-pity alone at home.

Yesterday, i had a new symptom. I felt really hungry but once i've eaten a bit, i feel really full and bloated. had to unbutton my pants cos it was really uneasy.
I also kept having that feeling of wanting to go to the toilet every 45min, like really high tide... about to burst!
but when i do get to the toilet, it's just really little pee. my friends said it's because my uterus is expanding to make way that's why i'm feeling all full down there.

Anywaaaay... SPREADING BABY DUST TO ALL OF YOU!
I'm sure you guys will graduate very very soon! Please keep positive thoughts. Don't read too much into every symptoms.
You can find out about it but don't let it consume you.

good luck everybody!

Congrats deardyan... Somehow knew urs will be a good result..

Have a smooth pregnancy ahead..;-)

Thanks for sharing with us... ;-)

@deardyan

Alhamdullilah.. Congratulations to you! I can imagine your happiness.. :) though I dun understand half of the process u referring to.. But tompang semangkuk for ur baby dust.

Insya'Allah my 2ww starts after my iui procedure tmrw morning.

May all of us have a chance soon. Take care and all the best to u!

@deardyan syukur alhamdullilah... alls well for you. congratulations!

as for me my frozen embryo did not make it to thaw. In the ward all changed getting ready for procedure, receive a call fm embryologist saying my embryo were dying when they thaw it in the morning. Still recovering from all that is happening emotionally. when its time for me to do my fresh again, shall need alots of advise from you. we change books okie.

Alhamdullilah & congrats deardyan! grabbing ur bbdusts. U under which gynae? Enjoy ur pregnancy & have a smooth & healthy one!

Babydusty, sorry to hear tat. Hope u remain strong k. Keep trying k babe. Jgn lose hope. We are all here together. So when u nk start ur next fresh?

Bubbli, its oklah to forget. Me pun ingat2 lupa. So many new sistas here. Takkan nk ingat all cases kan? Im still hanging ard. Most prob starting my next fresh in aug lah. Next mth dah puasa. Jul raya, dun wanna rush. U bila nk start ur fet?

@deardyan

Alhamdullilah.. Congratulations to you! I can imagine your happiness.. :) though I dun understand half of the process u referring to.. But tompang semangkuk for ur baby dust.

Insya'Allah my 2ww starts after my iui procedure tmrw morning.

May all of us have a chance soon. Take care and all the best to u!

Insha Allah, Allah will grant you that soon. believe in his miracle k dear!
Good luck for your IUI!

@deardyan syukur alhamdullilah... alls well for you. congratulations!

as for me my frozen embryo did not make it to thaw. In the ward all changed getting ready for procedure, receive a call fm embryologist saying my embryo were dying when they thaw it in the morning. Still recovering from all that is happening emotionally. when its time for me to do my fresh again, shall need alots of advise from you. we change books okie.

Hey babe! So sorry to hear that! Tapi takpe, hopefully your next fresh cycle will yield a positive result and feel free to ask me. After all the help u have given me, i would gladly help you!! Allah will grant you a child soon. Sabar k dear :)

Salam to All.

Firstly, thanks for all of your encouragement. I admit. I am an inpatient person. When Prof Wong suggested to stop halfway, I was trying to be stubborn to proceed despite it. Luckily my husband was there to make the best decision for me. I teared after that cos I felt i failed again.. But then I agreed and understand so I turned myself around to be positive. My ER this time was painful so it is really good that I take a break before ET so my body can carry the eggs well.

ER was last Thursday and I admitted with a very bloated stomach. My blood pressure was high cos of the pain but i kind of like it cos to me, it means I have a lot of eggs maturing. Prof Wong did the ER and they extracted a total of 10 embryos.

Out of 10, 4 immature.
They did ICSI to 6 - 1 did not fertilize.
The balance 5, 4 were graded good and 1 was satisfactory.
Today's latest update is all 5 are graded good - 3 are 8-cells and 2 are 9-cells.
They have freezed them yesterday - Day 3.
So Alhamdulillah! This is a great start for me. Now waiting for my next appointment to set the FET cycle.
Most likely its gonna happen in August. Insha Allah.

@deardyan Congrats sis!! Allah has rewarded you for all that you have gone through and you are inspiring me to stay positive. *scraping the baby dust*
Anyway, this "Beta" thingy. What is it about?

@babydusty I am sorry to hear that. Its ok to be upset but do pick yourself up once you are ready k. You will get thru this and we will all have success stories to share. I pray for all my sisters. Insha Allah.. Do you mind me asking, how long were the embryos frozen and how many of them?

@syrian Good luck to you!! Stay stress-free if possible for the next few months ya..

@kin-etic Good luck to you!! Do update us ok...

Alhamdulillah @shakey glad to hear about your embryo. Please rest well okie!
Takmo stress2. Insha Allah the frozen embryos would be waiting for you and they'll be snow babies soon!

Beta is the HCG level sis

Salam everyone. Have been away from this thread to take my mind off ivf and ttc but what a nice lovely read to see @deardyan having a BFP =))

Anyway, just updating my case here. I ingatkan nak start in june cycle, tapi dah half a month my may period belum start. So nampaknya I have to delay my ivf cycle again tapi I think the next possible month would be in August after puasa and raya. I'll be seeing some of you sisters then ya. May we all attain a peace of mind during Ramadhan to take a step back for a while. Mari lah kita enjoy bake kuih-kuih raya dulu. Hehe.

Back