IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

Hi everyone! I'm due for frozen embryo transfer next Tuesday 7 March. Does anyone have a ready list of foods that are good for getting embryos to "stick"? I remember vaguely egg white, brazil nuts... And is it red bean or green bean soup? I did my fresh way back in early 2014 so my memory is very hazy now.

Hi everyone! I'm due for frozen embryo transfer next Tuesday 7 March. Does anyone have a ready list of foods that are good for getting embryos to "stick"? I remember vaguely egg white, brazil nuts... And is it red bean or green bean soup? I did my fresh way back in early 2014 so my memory is very hazy now.

Red beans for lining

U won't see thh before ER. If your ER /ET happens when he is away, another dr will cover.
There's no fixed timing as depends on individual reaction to prescription medication. Usually will b similar to your own cycle, a few days before ovulation.

Thanks for being so helpful :)
In this case I know what to expect already.

Thanks! I don't know why I thought it was green beans instead haha! :p

I heard you can take raspberry tea leaves but do not take it after ET. Can get it from iherbs.

Though I am still waiting for my AF to come, but I am trying hard to follow the IVF diet.

You can take avocado too, I heard it is rich with folic acid.

Oh ya, chicken essence and longan red date tea can be consumed during the stimulation period too.

I heard you can take raspberry tea leaves but do not take it after ET. Can get it from iherbs.

Though I am still waiting for my AF to come, but I am trying hard to follow the IVF diet.

Oh ya, chicken essence and longan red date tea can be consumed during the stimulation period too.

Hello!
Finally I am just going to start my stimulation tonight (YAY).
My TCM is pretty insistent I prepare my own chicken essence instead of drinking from the bottle.
It is actually simple and extra yummy.
I use the chicken, shred it and combine with avocado sprinkle of salt and pepper to eat with a wrap.

Also taking raspberry leave tea, Longan-wolfberry-red date drinks and walnuts.

Really hope this new fresh cycle makes a difference :) Good luck to all!

Hello!
My TCM is pretty insistent I prepare my own chicken essence instead of drinking from the bottle.
I use the chicken, shred it and combine with avocado sprinkle of salt and pepper to eat with a wrap.

All the best to you. Why cannot take essence from Bottle? Cos it's processed? When u cook ur own chicken, is it black chicken or normal one? and what do u add? Actually when we take chicken or blue berries, just wondering if it has to be organic to avoid pesticide on the berries.

Why can't we take the raspberry leave tea post ET?

All the best to you. Why cannot take essence from Bottle? Cos it's processed? When u cook ur own chicken, is it black chicken or normal one? and what do u add? Actually when we take chicken or blue berries, just wondering if it has to be organic to avoid pesticide on the berries.

I think there is probably no right or wrong to chicken essence. I would think fresh food is always better but of course time, costs, convenience all plays a part. I have galfrens who only take the bottled ones and it works for them. After all, all these are supplements- ultimately, it is a combination of factors that determines the success.
I like homemade chicken essence because it tastes extra yummy and I enjoy cooking as a destress tool.
Below is the link I googled. I buy Kampong chicken (normal) and use half a chicken each time.
http://jewelpie.com/homemade-chicken-essence-to-relief-tiredness/
Add nothing! Just water on the outer bowl.
I don't take organic fruits just find it too expensive for me

Hi ladies, I have been looking at your posts actively and would like to ask you all based on your experiences.

I was offered a new job lately. But I'm planning for ivf. Understand that Dr will be giving 2 weeks HL during TWW, can I know if It is advisable to go back to work during the tww? Will I need to be on bed rest? I have read that some of you ladies have medication inserted and need to lie on bed. If I'm going to work, how do I apply the medication? :(

Hi ladies, I have been looking at your posts actively and would like to ask you all based on your experiences.

I was offered a new job lately. But I'm planning for ivf. Understand that Dr will be giving 2 weeks HL during TWW, can I know if It is advisable to go back to work during the tww? Will I need to be on bed rest? I have read that some of you ladies have medication inserted and need to lie on bed. If I'm going to work, how do I apply the medication? :(

Not necessary to bed rest. I work at home and rest. Progesterone is vaginal insert so just do it in toilet but it is advised to sit down for at least 15 mins.

Not necessary to bed rest. I work at home and rest. Progesterone is vaginal insert so just do it in toilet but it is advised to sit down for at least 15 mins.

Oh!! Thanks so much imkfanatic! I'm so worried since I might need to go to work still. Not sure if I'm able to cope

Oh!! Thanks so much imkfanatic! I'm so worried since I might need to go to work still. Not sure if I'm able to cope
However

I feel staying taking HL to rest will be better. As you have to totally focus on yourself and take care of yourself. No stress and eat well. Before IVF, u need to go through few type of scans and review by going to hospital before to be fit in the citeria to get government grant. I went through review for around 1.5yrs as deciding and confirming our issue,

i think you can accept the job first.

Last edited:
However

I feel staying taking HL to rest will be better. As you have to totally focus on yourself and take care of yourself. No stress and eat well. Before IVF, u need to go through few type of scans and review by going to hospital before to be fit in the citeria to get government grant

Hi Fel C,

Thanks so much for the advice. I was thinking about it too. But currently, the job is stressful and the new job has lesser responsibilities. However, that's what they promise, I'm not sure too. So now I'm troubled :(

Hi Fel C,

Thanks so much for the advice. I was thinking about it too. But currently, the job is stressful and the new job has lesser responsibilities. However, that's what they promise, I'm not sure too. So now I'm troubled :(
How long is your probation? i think you can accept the job first. previously i also want to wait until after IVF and change job but i regret doing it as the checking already took 1 yr for me before confirming. By the way i am subsidy patient, i am not so sure about the duration for checkup and scans for private patient. for subsidy. we have to be queue for every appointment and sometime there is no slot. You may want to book appointment for you and your hb to do checkup first. You may take your time to slot for appointment if you are not urgent.

For PCOS, do try to limit your soy intake. If can, eat the avocado by itself or spread it like butter on your bread.

Stay positive and may you get good results on Monday.
Thanks babe. i guess i have to either blend it with water or abit of milk.

Fingers crossed!

How long is your probation? i think you can accept the job first. previously i also want to wait until after IVF and change job but i regret doing it as the checking already took 1 yr for me before confirming. By the way i am subsidy patient, i am not so sure about the duration for checkup and scans for private patient. for subsidy. we have to be queue for every appointment and sometime there is no slot. You may want to book appointment for you and your hb to do checkup first. You may take your time to slot for appointment if you are not urgent.

Probation should be 6 months. So I think should be able to pass the probation by then. However I'm just worried about taking leave or mc going for checkup. And the 2ww..

Thanks so much. I feel better after reading your advice

Probation should be 6 months. So I think should be able to pass the probation by then. However I'm just worried about taking leave or mc going for checkup. And the 2ww..

Thanks so much. I feel better after reading your advice
I understand what you are going through. i started a new job a few years ago. I took almost a year in that job before I decided to re-start ivf. by a certain duration, when you hv a good idea of the workload and your boss / colleagues character, then you can inform them on the expectations for ivf. meantime, asFel C suggested, get the check up, registration and tests done and even book the slot first. slot can be postponed easily but cannot bring forward.
a short protocol cycle follows your menses cycle. for approx. 2 weeks from menses, you will take 3 or 4 mc for scanning and collection of medication. if you work near hospital, half day also works. approx. CD13 to CD20, when dr judge follicles and lining growth is optimum, ER will be arranged and you start 19days (incl weekend) HL. No HL for hubby, although he needs to be present for ER and ET. ET will be 2 to 6 days after ER. the HL will be sufficient until blood test.

I understand what you are going through. i started a new job a few years ago. I took almost a year in that job before I decided to re-start ivf. by a certain duration, when you hv a good idea of the workload and your boss / colleagues character, then you can inform them on the expectations for ivf. meantime, asFel C suggested, get the check up, registration and tests done and even book the slot first. slot can be postponed easily but cannot bring forward.
a short protocol cycle follows your menses cycle. for approx. 2 weeks from menses, you will take 3 or 4 mc for scanning and collection of medication. if you work near hospital, half day also works. approx. CD13 to CD20, when dr judge follicles and lining growth is optimum, ER will be arranged and you start 19days (incl weekend) HL. No HL for hubby, although he needs to be present for ER and ET. ET will be 2 to 6 days after ER. the HL will be sufficient until blood test.

Hi MicNg, thanks for providing the timeline. It's really helpful for me.

Thanks also to all the ladies replying my post. Really appreciate it. :) been really troubled over job switching.

Baby dust to all of us!

Oh I didnt knw have to lie down for at least 15mins.. I wasnt told at all... Normal i will just line down like few mins only..

Hello!

Hi, jia you and hope to hear good news from you soon!

twitch like that, and then feel hungry also. is it normal?
It shld be normal.... At least u do have some sensation... Haizzz.... Worried that I'll be disappointed again. Mine is total 0 sensations except tender breast but that could be due to the progestrone gel.

It shld be normal.... At least u do have some sensation... Haizzz.... Worried that I'll be disappointed again. Mine is total 0 sensations except tender breast but that could be due to the progestrone gel.
I also have no symptom. I just saw my doctor and asked him if shld have any signs after two days of transfer he said not so soon.

i dont know how to insert when the time needed:( will they teach u?
Normally it is once in the morning then 8-12hrs later. So for me, if days that I worked, I'll insert around 6.30am then next one at 6.30pm. On weekends the tendency to wake up later it wil be between 8.00am to 9.30am then same timing for night. Yup2, they will teach you if u are unsure.

I also have no symptom. I just saw my doctor and asked him if shld have any signs after two days of transfer he said not so soon.
How many days are u? Today is my 4dp5dt....... Still no symptoms. My previous cycle no symptoms at all and end up with BFN.

How many days are u? Today is my 4dp5dt....... Still no symptoms. My previous cycle no symptoms at all and end up with BFN.
Today is my 2nd day after ET. I tried not read too much on the signs based on past experience. Lately feel hungry easily but not much appetite and indigestation at times. Feel more worried about ohss. Been eating egg whites think i wanna puke at e sight of eggs haaa.

Today is my 2nd day after ET. I tried not read too much on the signs based on past experience. Lately feel hungry easily but not much appetite and indigestation at times. Feel more worried about ohss. Been eating egg whites think i wanna puke at e sight of eggs haaa.

Hi I just did my ET today ... hahaha anything to specially eat or to avoid ?? I know about cold and raw food .. hubby say no Chilli .. anything I should eat more of ?

Hi I just did my ET today ... hahaha anything to specially eat or to avoid ?? I know about cold and raw food .. hubby say no Chilli .. anything I should eat more of ?
Hi
Not really expert on this. Think i read that eating 2 almonds a day, some egg white is good. I think basically have a good nutrious meal during this time is good.

Back