IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

I m waiting for my menses to report before I start on my ivf. What should I be eating now? Before ER, after ER to before ET, after ET.

I know the ladies here eat avocado and egg whites. I am confused when is the best time to eat it.

Hi, i guess there is no harm to start having those in ur diet now and throughout ur ivf process.

So during ER you are not given HL? when does the HL starts?

I requested for 5 days HL after my ER cos I extracted 70 follicles and was in discomfort. Otherwise I think they won't give cos the nurses kept asking me how many days of HL I wanted. I think the most they will give the day of ER and the day after. Some people I know went back to work 1-2 days after ER. But I didn't do ET after the ER. I froze my embryos and did FET.

The 2 weeks HL is given after ET.

It's fine to eat soft boiled eggs during stim stage but not after ET. Eat things good for pregnancy after ET, so no raw and semi cooked.
U can also eat avocado with toasted bread or in smoothies.

I requested for 5 days HL after my ER cos I extracted 70 follicles and was in discomfort. Otherwise I think they won't give cos the nurses kept asking me how many days of HL I wanted. I think the most they will give the day of ER and the day after. Some people I know went back to work 1-2 days after ER. But I didn't do ET after the ER. I froze my embryos and did FET.

The 2 weeks HL is given after ET.
kkh gives HL 19 days from ER for fresh cycle.

kkh gives HL 19 days from ER for fresh cycle.
Ok great to know. which means that i will be on HL after ER.

Cos i did not inform my boss i am going for IVF, wont know what reason of excuse for me to give to go back after ER and den go for ET.

Cos i did not inform my boss i am going for IVF, wont know what reason of excuse for me to give to go back after ER and den go for ET.

But the HL chit might have wordings to say that it is from fertility center?

I told my boss I'm going surgery, not serious type but no further details shared. Not sure if this helps.

I am very open to my manager about my ivf treatment which I kinda regretted. She will openly ask/talk about it in my open office. Kinda insensitive I feel. And what if it's not successful?

I told my boss the truth coz the jab made me unwell someday and need to take mc, he understand and never tell anyone :)

I am very open to my manager about my ivf treatment which I kinda regretted. She will openly ask/talk about it in my open office. Kinda insensitive I feel. And what if it's not successful?

Maybe can tell her that you would like to keep it a secret/ low key? I told my manager about it cos I rather be honest about it and I told her that I would prefer no one else in the department knows about it other than a few closer colleagues I have lunch with cos they need to cover me as well. Before I left, she also asked me what "excuse" I would like to tell the rest of my department.

I told my boss and few close colleagues about it. The rest thought I went for some procedure arising from female medical condition (which is true in a sense). I was just thinking what if not successful, need to continue to take more HL this year. Will boss and colleagues still be understanding..

I told my boss and few close colleagues about it. The rest thought I went for some procedure arising from female medical condition (which is true in a sense). I was just thinking what if not successful, need to continue to take more HL this year. Will boss and colleagues still be understanding..

Yeah I was thinking about the same thing too. But I think if I have to do another FET, I might do one week HL, and one week work from home.

I am keeping mum even for my colleagues is cos.. situation is quite tense and demoralizing in the office. My boss just decided to not confirm my other colleague (there is only me and her in the dept) and my boss has a reputation of not having sympathy or empathy. So i just told her i am going for some procedure. and I did told a few close colleague that i am considering IVF but decided not to proceed cos of their negativity e.g. aiyah, the work here so not stable, you sure you still want kids bla bla bla bla... so decided to shuddup about it.

I am just telling them i have female problem (Which is true, PCOS) and going for checks. Thereafter i will just say that i need to go for a procedure (which is also true) and have HL.

My boss still expects me to be working and all and she keeps conveniently/deliberately forget about it. i preempt her 2 weeks ago that i am going for possible med appt but because need to wait for AF right, i told her cant confirm. Den when KKH told me abt my appt yesterday, i told her on Monday, she say please inform 3 days in advance. and i reminded her that i have med appt this 2 weeks. today, i have to remind her again that i have appt next Monday and i also have to remind her i am likely to be on HL in March. she ask me to go for an event in March and i already told her 2 weeks ago that chances i cant is high. she ask me today and i told her cant, she ask me to inform another colleague that i cant. I inform that colleague, just now she text me ask me, why i go and say cannot. i have to AGAIN remind her to say i am going for HL and surgery date is dependent on how i respond to the treatment(which is also true!). Den she ask, why i go and tell people i cannot go. I told her is she ask me to go and tell, plus i told her i prefer not to tell my condition in details to everyone so i just say i cant. wah lao eh. if i have a BFP, i am staying till my ML. Otherwise, i am looking for another job. crazy psycho woman.

I am keeping mum even for my colleagues is cos.. situation is quite tense and demoralizing in the office. My boss just decided to not confirm my other colleague (there is only me and her in the dept) and my boss has a reputation of not having sympathy or empathy. So i just told her i am going for some procedure. and I did told a few close colleague that i am considering IVF but decided not to proceed cos of their negativity e.g. aiyah, the work here so not stable, you sure you still want kids bla bla bla bla... so decided to shuddup about it.

I am just telling them i have female problem (Which is true, PCOS) and going for checks. Thereafter i will just say that i need to go for a procedure (which is also true) and have HL.

My boss still expects me to be working and all and she keeps conveniently/deliberately forget about it. i preempt her 2 weeks ago that i am going for possible med appt but because need to wait for AF right, i told her cant confirm. Den when KKH told me abt my appt yesterday, i told her on Monday, she say please inform 3 days in advance. and i reminded her that i have med appt this 2 weeks. today, i have to remind her again that i have appt next Monday and i also have to remind her i am likely to be on HL in March. she ask me to go for an event in March and i already told her 2 weeks ago that chances i cant is high. she ask me today and i told her cant, she ask me to inform another colleague that i cant. I inform that colleague, just now she text me ask me, why i go and say cannot. i have to AGAIN remind her to say i am going for HL and surgery date is dependent on how i respond to the treatment(which is also true!). Den she ask, why i go and tell people i cannot go. I told her is she ask me to go and tell, plus i told her i prefer not to tell my condition in details to everyone so i just say i cant. wah lao eh. if i have a BFP, i am staying till my ML. Otherwise, i am looking for another job. crazy psycho woman.

Usually female boss are just crazy, like my ex lady boss, like to find fault and sometimes act forgetful. They like to act smart also. She ever asked me whether I can forfeited 3 days of my annual leave. I am Glad I am no longer working there.

My lady boss is quite relaxed but not the bosses higher up. but I still don't wanna tell her about ivf cause to them, work comes first. So I rather say surgery, cannot avoid timing. Else work come first, no way can take time to do ivf liao.
Last year I almost had to forfeit half my annual leave cause of work.

My boss still expects me to be working and all and she keeps conveniently/deliberately forget about it. i preempt her 2 weeks ago that i am going for possible med appt but because need to wait for AF right, i told her cant confirm. Den when KKH told me abt my appt yesterday, i told her on Monday, she say please inform 3 days in advance. and i reminded her that i have med appt this 2 weeks. today, i have to remind her again that i have appt next Monday and i also have to remind her i am likely to be on HL in March. she ask me to go for an event in March and i already told her 2 weeks ago that chances i cant is high. she ask me today and i told her cant, she ask me to inform another colleague that i cant. I inform that colleague, just now she text me ask me, why i go and say cannot. i have to AGAIN remind her to say i am going for HL and surgery date is dependent on how i respond to the treatment(which is also true!). Den she ask, why i go and tell people i cannot go. I told her is she ask me to go and tell, plus i told her i prefer not to tell my condition in details to everyone so i just say i cant. wah lao eh. if i have a BFP, i am staying till my ML. Otherwise, i am looking for another job. crazy psycho

Ya usually females are the unsympathetic one. I had a friend whose boss had kids but didn't understand why my fren had to resort to IVF and looked down on as it is she said IVF is 'artificial'!
But most importantly, don't be stressed up by such office matter and don't let it hinder ur IVF outcome.

I want to be upfront to my company so they can make arrangement during my absence and be understanding and not give me more workload. But 有讲,没讲,没什么分别. (Got say, no say, also no difference)

Usually female boss are just crazy, like my ex lady boss, like to find fault and sometimes act forgetful. They like to act smart also. She ever asked me whether I can forfeited 3 days of my annual leave. I am Glad I am no longer working there.

I am glad u managed to escape!!! My this one. I dont even wanna call her my boss. She...hopeless la. Dunno what she doing, everyday try to smoke her way through.

My lady boss is quite relaxed but not the bosses higher up. but I still don't wanna tell her about ivf cause to them, work comes first. So I rather say surgery, cannot avoid timing. Else work come first, no way can take time to do ivf liao.
Last year I almost had to forfeit half my annual leave cause of work.

Oh dear hope u dont too stressed up k!! Jiayou!!

@kk82 ya man.. we must stay positive and think positive!

Quick question... for those who self inject, is Orgalutran really more painful than gonal f? The nurse keep saying for Orgalutran must push it in harder. Like damn scary.

Sat and sun i got 2 jabs!!! So means have to jab both side.

Wah how many more jabs. Cos my next appt is mon, i will have more jabs?

Next Mon they will scan see do u still need more jab and by the way the trigger jab is worse coz it will make u nausea n unwell, better take a day off. When is your ET?

So now i need to take gonal f for 6 days and 3 shots of orgalutran. When my review on monday, i should know my ER right. And before ER there will be the trigger shots. Between my appt on monday to trigger shots, i need to continue to jab myself?

So now i need to take gonal f for 6 days and 3 shots of orgalutran. When my review on monday, i should know my ER right. And before ER there will be the trigger shots. Between my appt on monday to trigger shots, i need to continue to jab myself?

Yes, jab till trigger jab and that's the last jab.

Keep sniffing and sneezed twice :((( anyone knows if I can take anti histamine medicine during 2ww?

hi everyone..good luck and may we get bfp! currently starting my first cycle of ivf as i failed my iui last august...not going to give up...:) tomorrow will be my 2 jabs and on friday will be my scanning to see if i can proceed to do my er..looking forward to it!
All the best and baby dust to all..

Any coffee drinker? How do you cope up without coffee? Im struggeling to avoid coffee and tea..
I didn't avoid coffee or tea le . Still have my daily cup hahaha . I try not to have more than one cup daily only. And weekends I try not to take

I didn't avoid coffee or tea le . Still have my daily cup hahaha . I try not to have more than one cup daily only. And weekends I try not to take
Haha.. i guess i just drink a cup later, every morning my office aunty always brew the coffee, and my desk is near pantry.. then i have to endure the smell of it

Back