IVF doctor recommendation for private hospital

yhyeung

Hello all, i am new to Singapore and hope to do IVF Treatment. I would like to go to private hospital, as I m at 40, time is important.

Can anyone suggest some good doctors?

Thanks so much!!

wannarelax

At 37, I did 1 round of IVF with Dr Cheng, failed fresh cycle, then succeeded in FET, with twins.
At 42, I did 1 round of IVF with KKH, failed fresh cycle, FET resulted in chemical pregnancy but then miscarriaged within 1 month.
In my experience, KKH has long waiting times, need to queue for scan then queue for consultation again, queue for a long time for medicine...and most importantly is very discouraging to women above 40.
At 44 I came back to Dr Cheng, did 1 round of IVF, FET (single embryo), now 10 weeks pregnant.

Both times when I was successful, I also went for acupuncture at Raffles Hospital TCM with Dr Zhao.

Dr LC Cheng at Thomson Medical https://www.thomsonmedical.com/doctor/dr-cheng-li-chang/

Last edited:

yhyeung

At 37, I did 1 round of IVF with Dr Cheng, failed fresh cycle, then succeeded in FET, with twins.
At 42, I did 1 round of IVF with KKH, failed fresh cycle, FET resulted in clinical pregnancy but then miscarriaged within 1 month.
In my experience, KKH has long waiting times, need to queue for scan then queue for consultation again, queue for a long time for medicine...and most importantly is very discouraging to women above 40.
At 44 I came back to Dr Cheng, did 1 round of IVF, FET (single embryo), now 10 weeks pregnant.

Both times when I was successful, I also went for acupuncture at Raffles Hospital TCM with Dr Zhao.

Dr LC Cheng at Thomson Medical https://www.thomsonmedical.com/doctor/dr-cheng-li-chang/
Really thanks a lot for your kind help! as we are not familiar with Singapore IVF, your advice are so important!!

Ms Soh

At 42, I did 1 round of IVF with KKH, failed fresh cycle, FET resulted in chemical pregnancy but then miscarriaged within 1 month.

Hihi.. I’m with the both of them. Is dr LC Cheng really good in ivf ? Dont see that a lot of ladies with him.. I’m still in the midst of discussion with him . Thanks

wannarelax

I only have experience with Dr LC Cheng apart from KKH. It did take us a failed cycle for him to learn more about how my body reacts to the medication, type of transfer cycle etc. He is a low key kind of guy I think. Maybe you go with your instincts, do some cycles with one of them first.

daylesford

Hihi.. I’m with the both of them. Is dr LC Cheng really good in ivf ? Dont see that a lot of ladies with him.. I’m still in the midst of discussion with him . Thanks
I second@wanarelax. I succeeded twice with Dr LC Cheng via FET.
Age 34, Preggie with No1. via 1st FET under Dr Cheng.
Age 39, Failed 2nd IVF due to poor quality embryos.
Age 40, Preggie with No2 via FET again under Dr Cheng after he had readjusted my stimulation protocol.
He is a candid and meticulous IVF dr.