IVF at NUH with Prof PC Wong

i did twice IVF with Prof Wong (but failed) as private patient (I chose him as my doc). Private rates mean consultation n medicine fees pay private rate but u can still claim the govt subsidy for ART procedures (IUI or IVF).. as long as it’s in a govt hospital. Whether u want to switch or not, it’s really up to u.. maybe u think switching docs or hospitals will be different.. if u can wait for the lab to reopen end of the year why not. Before u even begin IVF at NUH u have to make an appt to see Prof for him to review your case. Then he will advise from there.. hope this gives u a better idea.

Hi LostAngel,

Thank you so much. This really helps. Is there any upfront or deposit for private? May I know how much roughly you fork out cash? How is Prof Wong by the way? How young are you?

*Sorry for so many questions :)

Hi LostAngel,

Thank you so much. This really helps. Is there any upfront or deposit for private? May I know how much roughly you fork out cash? How is Prof Wong by the way? How young are you?

The upfront cash u have to fork out is the private consultation fees, the initial AMH blood test n sperm test, medicine from e pharmacy (folate pills). If u start IVF then all e ultrasound monitoring, injections n procedures is covered by govt subsidy n medisave (subjected that u didn’t use finish them all at KKH). U have to pay by cash the baby insurance before embryo transfer.. the progesterone inserts from the pharmacy..

I paid abt $1000 cash for my first IVF for these misc stuff. 2nd IVF abt $3000. This is because the govt subsidy is not enough to cover cos my injections is max dosage but still failed. Some ppl don’t even need to top up in cash for e injections cos the subsidy enough to cover. My body so stubborn, I inject so much I still barely get any eggs. I’m 39 this year n left with my last round of IVF with govt subsidy.. and I donno what to do already haizzzzz.

Hi LostAngel,

Forgot to answer u how is Prof Wong. Not considering that I haven’t got any success with him haha.. he is quite good I find. He is very punctual n his waiting times are quite short thou he has a lot of patients. he is very efficient n skilled n so are his two nurse assistants. He will review your case with u n propose to u what he feels is best for your situation.

Back