IVF at NUH with Prof PC Wong

Angel0811,

Yes, if Prof is on leave, the other doctors will do the procedure, mostly time it’s Dr Stephen Chew or Dr Shakina Rauff. You even can choose which one you want and tell to CHR nurses team in advance. They also can give you Prof’s schedule leave days for the next 6 months.
I was lucky and my ER and ET were done by Prof.
But during eggs stimulation he was absent couple times and the scan was done by both docs mentioned above.
22.09-15.10 Prof is on leave, but I don’t want delay my FET, so first scan of lining doing Prof, ET some of the other docs, I’m fine with that.

Hi All

I just had my 1st IVF with Prof and got negative. Does Prof actually share the possible reasons & actions for the next consultation?

Also, I find my body weaken after this process as in I feel giddy easily and suddenly have car sick. Anyone have similar experience?

I also just did my first IVF with Prof and got negative. He did all my scans but he was on leave during my OR and ET and Dr Anu covered for him. During my review he did look at my whole cycle treatments and offered any explanations that he could. But he won’t have definite answers for u as to why failed in the end. IVF is a game of trial and error. Then he will advise on the next cycle.

I don’t feel any difference after my IVF. Only my next period came a few days later than usual but I read that’s normal.

During my review he did look at my whole cycle treatments and offered any explanations that he could. But he won’t have definite answers for u as to why failed in the end. IVF is a game of trial and error.
you transferred D5 or D3? Any frozen left?
Actually in my case he also offered any explanation, said my D5 blast were very good embryos. Send me for hysteroscopy befor next FET, Dr Anu removed 3 polyps plus a lot of micro polyps. During the second review he said probably they were the cause of failure.

Actually in my case he also offered any explanation, said my D5 blast were very good embryos. Send me for hysteroscopy befor next FET, Dr Anu removed 3 polyps plus a lot of micro polyps. During the second review he said probably they were the cause of failure.

Mine D5 also very good but end up negative too. I have 1 good quality freezing for next transfer.

Did doctor share why need to do hysteroscopy?

Good luck for next transfer! when will that be? :)

Thanks, my next appointment with prof is mid September. Thinking to do in November or December. As I feel my body is weaker now after 1 try, wann rest a few months first and try again.

Most important, my boss not very supportive, I don’t think I can take so many days off work.

Hi everyone,

I am Prof's patient and heard my bb hb today at 6w5d.

I had my retrieval end Sept, and did a d3 fresh transfer.

Like many other ivf-ers, i followed a strict diet during D1 of cycle. I was also on acupuncture and TCM powder concurrently.

Just sharing what I did in addition to the stim jabs/post retrieval jabs and progestrone suppositories:

During stim:
daily 6 egg white, 2 portion of fish, 1 avocado
alternate days red bean soup
wore socks to sleep
5 acupuncture session
2 pkts of TCM powder daily

the day before transfer:
1 acupuncture session

transfer day:
1 acupuncture session after transfer

post transfer:
alternate days Chicken Essence and Red Date Longan Water
wore socks to sleep
2 pkts of TCM powder daily

I hope all of you will get your bfp! The journey is emotional and painful for ivf-ers, so i hope you get lotsa support and love :)

Hey Planstock ,

Can share with TCm you visited for tcm powder and acupuncture ? You had tcm powder concurrently with the jabs?

On top of 6 egg whites , 2 portion of fish and 1 avocado , did you eat anything else ?

Thanks, my next appointment with prof is mid September. Thinking to do in November or December. As I feel my body is weaker now after 1 try, wann rest a few months first and try again.

Most important, my boss not very supportive, I don’t think I can take so many days off work.
Hi Bevelyn! hows the progression? Did you do any FET? :)

Hi, can anyone tell me how is the process of ivf in nuh? How often do i have to go for follicle tracking while preparing for ivf ?
Thank you.

Hi, can anyone tell me how is the process of ivf in nuh? How often do i have to go for follicle tracking while preparing for ivf ?
Thank you.
I went for scan on day 1,6,9,12,14, they also take blood every time to check estradiol level. ER was on day 16 of stimulation.

Hi girl, my experience with Dr Roland & Virtus had been great! In fact the best cycles as I did 2 egg retrieval that results in 4 blastocysts on mild IVF.

I will be doing my frozen transfer in Jun, and I’m feeling pretty confident with my chances..

Hope this year will be raining baby dust! Good luck to all!

Hi, may i know if you have suceeded?

Hi babe

Yes, I’m currently 9 + 4 weeks pregnant from my first frozen transfer with Dr Roland.. I did mini IVF, 2 retrieval with 4 x day 5 blast. I transferred 1 embryo.

Good luck to you.
Happy H&H journey to conceiving your little bundle! :) .

Do u mind sharing how much did you spend in total? And what was the diagnosis for pursuing IVF? Thanks! :)

Hi babe

Yes, I’m currently 9 + 4 weeks pregnant from my first frozen transfer with Dr Roland.. I did mini IVF, 2 retrieval with 4 x day 5 blast. I transferred 1 embryo.

Good luck to you.
I read your story, very happy for you:) it seems you will go for second baby in 2-3 years time.
Can you also share what was your stimulation dosage with NUH and Virtus?

Happy H&H journey to conceiving your little bundle! :) .

Do u mind sharing how much did you spend in total? And what was the diagnosis for pursuing IVF? Thanks! :)
Thanks.. the visit & scans are going on well & doc Roland is happy so I’m counting my blessing in baby steps. :)

Since I’m on mini IVF so med cost is lower compared to NUH where I’m on high dosage. Since I did back to back, my 2nd retrieval is 10% discount. I didn’t really keep track but roughly 2 STIM cycle, 2 retrieval, 1 frozen cycle transfer is abt 25K ~ 28K including some additional test & injection(Lupron for 3 months menopause before transfer)

I have low egg & hubby sperm not ideal. Doc Roland didn’t see my Low egg as an issue as he focus on quality. But he did treat my hubby for Soerm DNA fragmentation for 3 months before starting STIM.

While I believe all docs are good & will do the best for patients, but for me, I only trust Dr Roland. :)

Thanks.. the visit & scans are going on well & doc Roland is happy so I’m counting my blessing in baby steps. :)

Since I’m on mini IVF so med cost is lower compared to NUH where I’m on high dosage. Since I did back to back, my 2nd retrieval is 10% discount. I didn’t really keep track but roughly 2 STIM cycle, 2 retrieval, 1 frozen cycle transfer is abt 25K ~ 28K including some additional test & injection(Lupron for 3 months menopause before transfer)

I have low egg & hubby sperm not ideal. Doc Roland didn’t see my Low egg as an issue as he focus on quality. But he did treat my hubby for Soerm DNA fragmentation for 3 months before starting STIM.

While I believe all docs are good & will do the best for patients, but for me, I only trust Dr Roland. :)
that's very informative! :) We also did a DNA frag test and it came to 10% (post varicocelectomy). Was your DH'S DNA frag around the same??

I did my ivf with NUH, and when I got my BFP i thought I will be going overseas, so I bought the progesterone meds enough to last me through week 12. but plans changed and I continued my visits in Singapore. As the pregnancy got more stable, Prof reduced my meds, and hence now I am left with excess progynova, estofem and proluton. All purchased from pharmacy and brand new in box. Expiry only in 2020-21. Anybody who need the meds, please pm me.

that's very informative! :) We also did a DNA frag test and it came to 10% (post varicocelectomy). Was your DH'S DNA frag around the same??
I can’t quite remember.. but first time is borderline normal and after 3 months treatment, the result improve to reaching good or excellent.. with Dr Roland, we didn’t keep track of the result, we just follow his instruction & advice...

I also just did my first IVF with Prof and got negative. He did all my scans but he was on leave during my OR and ET and Dr Anu covered for him. During my review he did look at my whole cycle treatments and offered any explanations that he could. But he won’t have definite answers for u as to why failed in the end. IVF is a game of trial and error. Then he will advise on the next cycle.

I don’t feel any difference after my IVF. Only my next period came a few days later than usual but I read that’s normal.
sorry to hear about that. I had my first ivf 3-4 years ago, same case like you, saw Prof for all scans but he was on leave for my ET. It is VERY important for Prof to do your ET or FET. It makes so much difference. so hence I have always checked for Prof's schedule when planning the dates. I delivering my #2 this month.

Wish you luck.

Did you do any uterus health check (sonogram) prior to the procedures?

ah, now I'm starting to get paranoid hahaha I also scanned a few times with nothing inside but still cant get BFP :(
don’t worry too much, most likely I got polyps from my fresh stim, they grow because of high estrogen level.
btw, how is going your third IUI?

Dr Roland is more well versed with male fertility issues. Like SF Loh is more well versed with female fertility issues.

sorry to hear about that. I had my first ivf 3-4 years ago, same case like you, saw Prof for all scans but he was on leave for my ET. It is VERY important for Prof to do your ET or FET. It makes so much difference. so hence I have always checked for Prof's schedule when planning the dates. I delivering my #2 this month.

Wish you luck.
Haha. Yeah this time I made sure to wait for Prof to come back from leave to start another cycle. Not exactly sure if Prof will make a difference, but maybe a change of doctor will bring me a change of luck.

Hi babe

Good luck to you.
Dear hellokittygirl! Rem me? We spoke earlier in April. Congrats to your pregnancy :) Just to share, I went to see Dr Roland too in mid May after our discussion. I’ll be 13 weeks tomorrow :) Dr Roland is very efficient and gives good advice. Really worth the investment to see him, and Virtus lab and services are just superb! All the very best to your pregnancy journey! Like to ask if you have thought of which gynae to go to for delivery? I’m also considering.... Happy to hear any views and suggestions from others in this forum too, thanks and babydust to everyone! :)

Dear hellokittygirl! Rem me? We spoke earlier in April. Congrats to your pregnancy :) Just to share, I went to see Dr Roland too in mid May after our discussion. I’ll be 13 weeks tomorrow :) Dr Roland is very efficient and gives good advice. Really worth the investment to see him, and Virtus lab and services are just superb! All the very best to your pregnancy journey! Like to ask if you have thought of which gynae to go to for delivery? I’m also considering.... Happy to hear any views and suggestions from others in this forum too, thanks and babydust to everyone! :)
Hi babystar168! So glad to hear from you! And congrats to your pregnancy! It’s happy that we can share the joy together!

I’m currently 12 weeks, so just 1 week behind you.. and I know you also share the same gratitude towards Dr Roland & Virtus! Some of my friends who had failed several times are also switching Dr Roland so I hope they will also be in the same journey as us.

I’m also doing my research of gynaecologist... prefer pro-natural & delivery in Mount e Novena.. a lot of mothers are recommending Dr Wendy Teo so I might consider her.. since I plan to see dr Roland till week 20(max) so I’m also not sure when it’s the right time to consult the new gynae..

Wishing all baby dust!

Hi babystar168! So glad to hear from you! And congrats to your pregnancy! It’s happy that we can share the joy together!

I’m currently 12 weeks, so just 1 week behind you.. and I know you also share the same gratitude towards Dr Roland & Virtus! Some of my friends who had failed several times are also switching Dr Roland so I hope they will also be in the same journey as us.

I’m also doing my research of gynaecologist... prefer pro-natural & delivery in Mount e Novena.. a lot of mothers are recommending Dr Wendy Teo so I might consider her.. since I plan to see dr Roland till week 20(max) so I’m also not sure when it’s the right time to consult the new gynae..

Wishing all baby dust!
Great to hear from you again, hellokittygirl! Yes it’s wonderful to share the same joy and journey :) As I’m looking for gynae good in high risk pregnancies for those above 35 years old, I’m considering a few like Dr Ann Tan, Dr Chee Jing Jye, Dr Kowa. I’m looking at either ME Orchard or ME Novena. I went to the ME Orchard ward tour last week, and the service level is impressive! Arranging to visit ME Novena sometime next week. I’ll see Dr Roland next Thur, and will seek his opinion and advice on the choice of gynae. All the very best to everyone, and keep well, stay positive and happy! :)

Hi all,

Im currently with KKH but wants to change to NUH.

Can someone tell me how should I go about in changing hospital?
Do I still need to go to poly for referral letter?
Do I have to get all my reports from KKH?
Do I have to go through all the checks again even though I've done it in KKH?
Do I have to make appt/call in to NUH to make appt?

Thanks!

Hi all,

Thanks!

Nuh going to lab close for 6 month, dun think u able to do over there.

Attachments

• D4B7C4D5-3DD5-4100-9673-722DB79241CC.png
    D4B7C4D5-3DD5-4100-9673-722DB79241CC.png
    853.1 KB · Views: 334

Ah ok.. November shld be good then.. I dont wanna rush also because I want to be mentally prepare after the 1st failed cycle..

Hi all,

Thanks!
Hey SRA,
I was planning to do the same but the closure of NUH lab made me not want to proceed with the switch. Anyways, if you have a specific doctor in mind at NUH then just call them up & make an appointment, you will be paying private rates for the consultation. However, if you choose to go on the subsidised route and be assigned any available doctors then you will need to get a poly referral once again.

Do get all your lab results and investigations from KKH so that you won't need to repeat them at NUH. The nurse can print them for you FOC. Hope this helps!

Hey SRA,
I was planning to do the same but the closure of NUH lab made me not want to proceed with the switch. Anyways, if you have a specific doctor in mind at NUH then just call them up & make an appointment, you will be paying private rates for the consultation. However, if you choose to go on the subsidised route and be assigned any available doctors then you will need to get a poly referral once again.

Do get all your lab results and investigations from KKH so that you won't need to repeat them at NUH. The nurse can print them for you FOC. Hope this helps!

Hi Luxee,

Can I ask when you say private rates meaning, 100% cash and no gov grant?

So what do you think? Switch or stay? Because my appt will be this coming 16th and I have to make a decision whether to try again or stop.. Of course, I wanna try again but because of my pass history, OHSS, everything is like phobia. Are you with KKH now?

Hi Luxee,

So what do you think? Switch or stay? Because my appt will be this coming 16th and I have to make a decision whether to try again or stop.. Of course, I wanna try again but because of my pass history, OHSS, everything is like phobia. Are you with KKH now?
Yes for private the consultation charges has no subsidy but the plus point is you get to choose the doctor. If I were you and not rushing to start the IVF cycle, I'd give NUH a go. There must be a reason behind why you decided to switch so I'd go ahead with it.
Yes, I'm with KKH and had 2 failed FETs. Thought I'd have better luck at NUH but the lab closure is too long for me to wait.

Hi Luxee,

i did twice IVF with Prof Wong (but failed) as private patient (I chose him as my doc). Private rates mean consultation n medicine fees pay private rate but u can still claim the govt subsidy for ART procedures (IUI or IVF).. as long as it’s in a govt hospital. Whether u want to switch or not, it’s really up to u.. maybe u think switching docs or hospitals will be different.. if u can wait for the lab to reopen end of the year why not. Before u even begin IVF at NUH u have to make an appt to see Prof for him to review your case. Then he will advise from there.. hope this gives u a better idea.

Reactions: SRA

Back