IVF at NUH with Prof PC Wong

ingodwetrust

Hi mummies/ mummies-to-be,

I'm in the midst of my IVF journey with Prof Wong at NUH. Currently on Gonal F and Centroid jabs for evenings and mornings. Tentative egg collection next Wed. Anyone on a similar journey?

I'm going to see Prof Wong next week to review blood test and HSG results and also to go for the counselling... hope I can start my ivf round soon... how long did you have to wait after counselling to start your jabs?

Hi ladies

I just got pregnant on my 3rd IVF (2nd transfer) with Prof Wong..

I saw him since Jan'16 & there is no waiting time during my entire course of treatment.. Prof Wong & team, Nurse Sharon & Alice and all the wonderful ladies at CHR are very professional & extremely warm... A man of few words but he will answer any questions you will have so do prepare yourselves on your appt.. One thing which really make a huge difference is Prof Wong will see to you for every step of the treatment, which is different from KKH..

You are in good hands.. all the best ladies & good luck to your cycle! :)

Hi mummies/ mummies-to-be,

I'm in the midst of my IVF journey with Prof Wong at NUH. Currently on Gonal F and Centroid jabs for evenings and mornings. Tentative egg collection next Wed. Anyone on a similar journey?

Hi, my most recent long protocol is superfact, menopur & gonal f in the evening.. during one of my earlier short protocol, I did centroid, pergoveris in the morning & gonal f in the evening..

All the best to your OR next wed!!

I'm going to see Prof Wong next week to review blood test and HSG results and also to go for the counselling... hope I can start my ivf round soon... how long did you have to wait after counselling to start your jabs?
Hi wanbaby234, this is not my first try so there was no counselling for me. Usually Prof will check for your menses cycle and decide based on the availability of slots too. There is a fixed number which they do per month.

Hi, my most recent long protocol is superfact, menopur & gonal f in the evening.. during one of my earlier short protocol, I did centroid, pergoveris in the morning & gonal f in the evening..

All the best to your OR next wed!!
Hi hellokittygirl, hey Hi-5 to you. This will be my third too and also my second fresh. The last round of injections was some time ago. I had to dig out some of my journal notes to keep track of my development. Congratulations and stay healthy!

Hi ladies

I just got pregnant on my 3rd IVF (2nd transfer) with Prof Wong..

I saw him since Jan'16 & there is no waiting time during my entire course of treatment.. Prof Wong & team, Nurse Sharon & Alice and all the wonderful ladies at CHR are very professional & extremely warm... A man of few words but he will answer any questions you will have so do prepare yourselves on your appt.. One thing which really make a huge difference is Prof Wong will see to you for every step of the treatment, which is different from KKH..

You are in good hands.. all the best ladies & good luck to your cycle! :)

Thank you and good luck to you too! I'm very impressed with NUH esp Prof Wong, so far... I'm surprised as I thought private will be better but Prof's expertise is on par with a private ivf doctor

Hi wanbaby234, this is not my first try so there was no counselling for me. Usually Prof will check for your menses cycle and decide based on the availability of slots too. There is a fixed number which they do per month.

Thanks for the reply. So where did you do your first cycle??

Good luck with your current cycle

Thank you and good luck to you too! I'm very impressed with NUH esp Prof Wong, so far... I'm surprised as I thought private will be better but Prof's expertise is on par with a private ivf doctor

I did my 4th blood test this morning & shocked to know my hcg beta drop to 24.. Was told this is a chemical miscarriage & stop all support... Will be seeing Prof Wong next week after a final blood test to ensure my hcg drop to zero..

Its definitely a new milestone despite this didnt went well.. I still believe in Prof but we decided to switch to private for round 4..

Good luck to all the ladies.. Im praying for all of you to get your BFP & a healthy pregnancy journey..

He's very experienced and I would say dedicated too. Had his own private practice and invited to be at NUH.

I did my 4th blood test this morning & shocked to know my hcg beta drop to 24.. Was told this is a chemical miscarriage & stop all support... Will be seeing Prof Wong next week after a final blood test to ensure my hcg drop to zero..

Its definitely a new milestone despite this didnt went well.. I still believe in Prof but we decided to switch to private for round 4..

Good luck to all the ladies.. Im praying for all of you to get your BFP & a healthy pregnancy journey..[/Q

Hey so sorry to learn about it. But yes rest well and try again! All the best!

May I know how ivf cost with pc Wong on a private basis ?
Would u be able to share :)
Sure thing :)
The entire IVF cycle costs between $12k-$14k. This cost includes the monitoring (i.e: ultrasound scans and blood tests), the two surgical procedures (OR and ET) and the medication. The medication is the biggest chunk of the costs, so if you need a higher dose of the injections, the price is higher. Based on my comparison, the prices for this hear is higher than last year...

This doesn't include the price for the first consultation, subsequent consultations with Prof and any tests he may order before he gives the green light. The first consultation with Prof is $171.20... he's the most expensive one there... for tests, it really depends which test he ordered for you. If you want to know how much my dh and i pay, we document it on our blog: https://dearbabysg.wordpress.com/costs-of-ivf-in-singapore/

Hope this helps dear! :)

Last edited:
May I know how ivf cost with pc Wong on a private basis ?
Would u be able to share :)
I'm also a private patient with Prof Wong.. did 3 IVF cycle with them, full cycle include transfer is about 15K. The only cycle which we didn't get to any transfer cost abt 7.7K.

Hope this help.

Sure thing :)
The entire IVF cycle costs between $12k-$14k. This cost includes the monitoring (i.e: ultrasound scans and blood tests), the two surgical procedures (OR and ET) and the medication. The medication is the biggest chunk of the costs, so if you need a higher dose of the injections, the price is higher. Based on my comparison, the prices for this hear is higher than last year...

This doesn't include the price for the first consultation, subsequent consultations with Prof and any tests he may order before he gives the green light. The first consultation with Prof is $171.20... he's the most expensive one there... for tests, it really depends which test he ordered for you. If you want to know how much my dh and i pay, we document it on our blog: https://pieplusbaby.blogspot.sg/p/ivf-costings-in-singapore.html

Hope this helps dear! :)
Hey dear, Im moving on to Roland Chieng & Virtus after my round 3 with Prof Wong ended in chemical pregnancy whereas u are moving on to Prof Wong..

Was hoping we can chat/private message offline to share experiences if you don't mind....

Hey dear, Im moving on to Roland Chieng & Virtus after my round 3 with Prof Wong ended in chemical pregnancy whereas u are moving on to Prof Wong..

Was hoping we can chat/private message offline to share experiences if you don't mind....
Hi dear, of course I will drop you a PM shortly. :)
Just to let you know, that the facilities at Virtus are top notch... but it doesn't come cheap at all. They also believe in blastocyst and they will recommend you to do the IVF cycle up until the egg retrieval and ICSI, and then take a break for a month or two and come back for the egg transfer.

I am also moving on! had 2 failed fresh cycle. hoping a change will be good :) fingers crossed! all the best to you too!

Hi everyone,

I am Prof's patient and heard my bb hb today at 6w5d.

I had my retrieval end Sept, and did a d3 fresh transfer.

Like many other ivf-ers, i followed a strict diet during D1 of cycle. I was also on acupuncture and TCM powder concurrently.

Just sharing what I did in addition to the stim jabs/post retrieval jabs and progestrone suppositories:

During stim:
daily 6 egg white, 2 portion of fish, 1 avocado
alternate days red bean soup
wore socks to sleep
5 acupuncture session
2 pkts of TCM powder daily

the day before transfer:
1 acupuncture session

transfer day:
1 acupuncture session after transfer

post transfer:
alternate days Chicken Essence and Red Date Longan Water
wore socks to sleep

I hope all of you will get your bfp! The journey is emotional and painful for ivf-ers, so i hope you get lotsa support and love :)

hi everyone. i am also consulting prof wong if i should go for ivf. at the moment waiting for my af in order to do blood test (will be in next month).

i notice some forums say that there might be some discomfort in ET. anyone had discomfort with prof wong ?

if so, what would be the reason for discomfort ?

hi everyone. i am also consulting prof wong if i should go for ivf. at the moment waiting for my af in order to do blood test (will be in next month).

i notice some forums say that there might be some discomfort in ET. anyone had discomfort with prof wong ?

if so, what would be the reason for discomfort ?

It's exactly the same feeling as IUI/papsmear. A catheter will be used to transfer the embryo and is a fairly quick process, like under 5min. Maybe you may feel minor discomfort (not pain) and mild cramps during insertion. I think if you are able to relax, the muscles will be less tense, and you may feel better. If very tense then catheter hard to enter. Also u'll need a full bladder and may feel like peeing during the procedure hehe. When the nurse scan my tummy to check if bladder was full, I almost peed on her :p

After ET they will let you pee, n rest for abt 2-3 hrs before discharging you.

It's exactly the same feeling as IUI/papsmear. A catheter will be used to transfer the embryo and is a fairly quick process, like under 5min. Maybe you may feel minor discomfort (not pain) and mild cramps during insertion. I think if you are able to relax, the muscles will be less tense, and you may feel better. If very tense then catheter hard to enter. Also u'll need a full bladder and may feel like peeing during the procedure hehe. When the nurse scan my tummy to check if bladder was full, I almost peed on her :p

After ET they will let you pee, n rest for abt 2-3 hrs before discharging you.

my pap smear has no feel. only really mild soreness afterwards. hopefully the ET no feel too.
thank you so much for the description <3

my pap smear has no feel. only really mild soreness afterwards. hopefully the ET no feel too.
thank you so much for the description <3

Once u enter the OT, there's so much activity gg on.
A nurse will check yr NRIC. Then scan yr tummy to check if bladder is full. Then doctor will ask u for nric again (to check if they took the right embryo). N u can see yr beautiful embryo(s) on the screen. Then doctor start to trf (trf time I think nothing to see on e screen). Then doctor wishes u good luck n it's done n u get rolled out of OT. Then embryologist comes to pass u the photo of your embryo(s) and tell you it/they are beautiful and all e best. Then u can go pee Liao and back to ward to rest n gaze loving at the gorgeous photo n hope to get lucky :)

Once u enter the OT, there's so much activity gg on.
A nurse will check yr NRIC. Then scan yr tummy to check if bladder is full. Then doctor will ask u for nric again (to check if they took the right embryo). N u can see yr beautiful embryo(s) on the screen. Then doctor start to trf (trf time I think nothing to see on e screen). Then doctor wishes u good luck n it's done n u get rolled out of OT. Then embryologist comes to pass u the photo of your embryo(s) and tell you it/they are beautiful and all e best. Then u can go pee Liao and back to ward to rest n gaze loving at the gorgeous photo n hope to get lucky :)

lol...i like the way u put it <3

Hi ladies,

Can I ask, to get the govt co-funding for IVF at govt hospital, do I have to go NUH as a subsidized patient or can I go as a private patient? I currently booked my first appt with Dr PC Wong at NUH as a private patient. I read the T&Cs to qualify for govt co-funding for ART, it just states to have to be below 40 and SG citizen and doing IVF at govt hospital. Never mention anything about having to be subsidized patient (ie must get referral from poly clinic). Please advise... thanks.

Hi ladies,

Can I ask, to get the govt co-funding for IVF at govt hospital, do I have to go NUH as a subsidized patient or can I go as a private patient? I currently booked my first appt with Dr PC Wong at NUH as a private patient. I read the T&Cs to qualify for govt co-funding for ART, it just states to have to be below 40 and SG citizen and doing IVF at govt hospital. Never mention anything about having to be subsidized patient (ie must get referral from poly clinic). Please advise... thanks.
Private also can get Govt funding.

Hi all,
FYI
Prof Wong leave days:
22/2-3/3
22/3-24/3
5/4
11/4-22/4.

I suppose to go for egg retrieval on 2 of March, but prof will be away, so I should choose another doc. Even if I postpone egg retrieval for beginning of April, he also will be away. So sad, I have to choose another doctor:(
Ladies, do you know who else is doing IVF at NUH? Thinking to ask for Dr Shakina.

Hi all,
FYI
Prof Wong leave days:
22/2-3/3
22/3-24/3
5/4
11/4-22/4.

I suppose to go for egg retrieval on 2 of March, but prof will be away, so I should choose another doc. Even if I postpone egg retrieval for beginning of April, he also will be away. So sad, I have to choose another doctor:(
Ladies, do you know who else is doing IVF at NUH? Thinking to ask for Dr Shakina.
whenever prof goes away (I was his patient for iui n ivf), I will see dr Anu. She did my ET (all the other steps before ET done by prof) n I bfp. She's gentle, patient, and very encouraging! She's my gynae now.

Hi everyone. if i need some clarifications. For the payments of the test and procedures, i understand that the initial tests we would have to bear and is not claimable. However, say gynae say we are ready to kickstart the IVF process.. do we still have to pay upfront those bills for the stimulations etc or it will be incorporated to the govt co-funding? i did come across some response in other topics that for SGH we have to pay upfront and the hosp will refund back via cheque. hope someone can help me clarify this. Thank You.

Im doing my first ivf in april..ive read all threads y'all posted..and it seems more of a 2nd and 3rd try of ivf to suceed..im quite worried about mine now..as u all knw it costs a bomb...how much do u spent in cash for a 2nd and 3rd cycle of ivf? And did yr physician assess what is the prob due to the failures? Pleas enlighten me

Hi everyone,

I am Prof's patient and heard my bb hb today at 6w5d.

I had my retrieval end Sept, and did a d3 fresh transfer.

Like many other ivf-ers, i followed a strict diet during D1 of cycle. I was also on acupuncture and TCM powder concurrently.

Just sharing what I did in addition to the stim jabs/post retrieval jabs and progestrone suppositories:

During stim:
daily 6 egg white, 2 portion of fish, 1 avocado
alternate days red bean soup
wore socks to sleep
5 acupuncture session

the day before transfer:
1 acupuncture session

transfer day:
1 acupuncture session after transfer

post transfer:
alternate days Chicken Essence and Red Date Longan Water
wore socks to sleep

I hope all of you will get your bfp! The journey is emotional and painful for ivf-ers, so i hope you get lotsa support and love :)

Hi dear...did u get pregnant with 1 ivf cycle? Or repeat?

Hi all,
FYI
Prof Wong leave days:
22/2-3/3
22/3-24/3
5/4
11/4-22/4.

I will be doing my ivf in april..but under subsidized..dr shakina? Hmm..i dont quite fancy her anyway...due to last yr..when i told her i wanted to proceed with ivf..as my age is catching up and knowing my situation not ovulating on my own..she told me that " oh since u have menses every mnth..dont worry u are ovulating...and u are not above 35 to do ivf..needs moh approval..why not u try iui for ar least 3 to 4 times first..and what makes you think having ivf done will be sucessful for you? " in which it failed 3 times..
I totally broke down infrnt of her and her junior dr..how could she even say such a sensitive thing to yr patient right..
I knew my condition and last resort was ivf..but she didnt allow me..

Hi dear...did u get pregnant with 1 ivf cycle? Or repeat?
it's my first completed cycle.

my first ivf, halfway thru (ard day 7 i think) kana cancelled cos too little follicles. total i think 7 or 8, but one ovary is too high, so can only reach 3, so prof advise abort that cycle and change to IUI. so that's like 1/2 IVF, not a completed cycle.

The next round, i completed the stimm and went on to ET for day 3 transfer. so counted my first ivf i guess. Got my positive from this round. 25 weeks now.

I will be doing my ivf in april..but under subsidized..dr shakina? Hmm..i dont quite fancy her anyway...due to last yr..when i told her i wanted to proceed with ivf..as my age is catching up and knowing my situation not ovulating on my own..she told me that " oh since u have menses every mnth..dont worry u are ovulating...and u are not above 35 to do ivf..needs moh approval..why not u try iui for ar least 3 to 4 times first..and what makes you think having ivf done will be sucessful for you? " in which it failed 3 times..
I totally broke down infrnt of her and her junior dr..how could she even say such a sensitive thing to yr patient right..

sorry to hear about that experience.
perhaps she could have said it in a more sensitive manner.
it could be NUH protocol for iui before ivf for cases they feel can still try iui.
i started with iui in may, before moving to ivf in aug.
most impt is find a doctor and team of nurses you are comfortable with because they will journey with you very closely, seeing you every few days. so if you dun feel good with them, you may want to consider changing the team to find one who can support your needs and listen to your concerns.
all the best :)

Hello all! I’m new to this forum. I’m glad I found this page! Anyway, I’m 30 this year. Married for 4 years. Had 1 ectopic pregnancy last year. I’m Dr Stephan chew patient. Failed my 1st IUI and will be seeing him on Monday for day 10 scan. I’m planning to do ivf. We discuss before with Dr chew, if my iui fail, we will proceed to ivf. Do u guys think I’m able to start my ivf injection soon? I’ve not done any paperwork for ivf yet.

Hope to hear from you guys soon! Thanks in advance!

Good luck to all the ladies.. Im praying for all of you to get your BFP & a healthy pregnancy journey..
Sorry for this late message, as I’m also considering which doc to go to? Could I ask about your experience so far at Virtus with Dr Roland Chieng. Thanks much.

Sorry for this late message, as I’m also considering which doc to go to? Could I ask about your experience so far at Virtus with Dr Roland Chieng. Thanks much.
Hi girl, my experience with Dr Roland & Virtus had been great! In fact the best cycles as I did 2 egg retrieval that results in 4 blastocysts on mild IVF.

I will be doing my frozen transfer in Jun, and I’m feeling pretty confident with my chances..

Hope this year will be raining baby dust! Good luck to all!

Hi girl, my experience with Dr Roland & Virtus had been great! In fact the best cycles as I did 2 egg retrieval that results in 4 blastocysts on mild IVF.

I will be doing my frozen transfer in Jun, and I’m feeling pretty confident with my chances..

Hope this year will be raining baby dust! Good luck to all!
Thanks so much babe! All the very best to you and everyone too! Will quickly make appointment to see him ASAP :) thanks again

hi...i am creating a chat group for secondary infertility issues and thus going for ivf/icsi.

meaning those who already have child / children but have problem conceiving again.

pm me if keen <3

Oh my, I got the same reply from Dr Shakina as well. I knew jolly well for my case IVF is the best bet I could have. I have yet to proceed with IUI tho'... Is it too late to switch doctors?

it's my first completed cycle.

my first ivf, halfway thru (ard day 7 i think) kana cancelled cos too little follicles. total i think 7 or 8, but one ovary is too high, so can only reach 3, so prof advise abort that cycle and change to IUI. so that's like 1/2 IVF, not a completed cycle.

The next round, i completed the stimm and went on to ET for day 3 transfer. so counted my first ivf i guess. Got my positive from this round. 25 weeks now.

Wow congrats! A bit late but still, congrats! :)

Hi all I just got the referral letter from polyclinic and fixed the appt at NUH in Jul. But am I able to request to see Prof PC Wong? As previously I saw someone mentioned years ago on having first appt at O&G and then will refer to IVF center to see Prof Wong. Thank you.

Hi All

I just had my 1st IVF with Prof and got negative. Does Prof actually share the possible reasons & actions for the next consultation?

Also, I find my body weaken after this process as in I feel giddy easily and suddenly have car sick. Anyone have similar experience?

Hi All

I just had my 1st IVF with Prof and got negative. Does Prof actually share the possible reasons & actions for the next consultation?

Also, I find my body weaken after this process as in I feel giddy easily and suddenly have car sick. Anyone have similar experience?
Sorry, cant help much cause I'm en route to my 2nd IUI before IVF (@ NUH)..
But can I ask how many frosties do you have? :)

Back