IVF at KKH

melodychua

hi, i am new to this forum. wanna check is any mummy who try IVF at KKH, can share wit me..

previously i try IUI at NUH but is unsuccesful with 3 try, went to TCM still no hope so now trying to conceive with naturally.. finally my hub give me GREEN light to go for IVF, but we need more information before proceed.

hi, i am new to this forum. wanna check is any mummy who try IVF at KKH, can share wit me..

previously i try IUI at NUH but is unsuccesful with 3 try, went to TCM still no hope so now trying to conceive with naturally.. finally my hub give me GREEN light to go for IVF, but we need more information before proceed.
Melody - why didn't you continue IVF at NUH after the failed IUI? I am also doing IUI at NUH. Just first round so far and was told to do 3 IUI before considering IVF

Because when I doing my IUI at NUH.. Happen to see 2 diff doc..both have diff requirement during the process..
And they advise me to go few more try before i consider for IVF..
i hear from my gf if want to do IVF shuld go KKH as they are more prof and experience..
so actually i quite confused too..afterall my records is wit NUH..

anyway gd luck and all the best to ur IUI process..

Melody - why didn't you continue IVF at NUH after the failed IUI? I am also doing IUI at NUH. Just first round so far and was told to do 3 IUI before considering IVF

Hi I did my iui and ivf at Kkh. First iui was a failure and cried like mad. Now on my ivf treatment 2ww and next Friday going for blood test. Wish me luck!!!!

u did IUI one time? which doc uu seeing?
cool..good luck to UU babe!!

Hi melody, I walked in privately to Kkh which is very expensive. And that time the only Doctor available was dr. Sadana which is the head of this reproductive department. She recommended that I went for iui first and if fail then try for ivf. Which I am doing it now. Actually I don't know how should I feel cos don't wanna be too positive scare the disappointment but yet was told to be positive and happy.

Hi melody, I walked in privately to Kkh which is very expensive. And that time the only Doctor available was dr. Sadana which is the head of this reproductive department. She recommended that I went for iui first and if fail then try for ivf. Which I am doing it now. Actually I don't know how should I feel cos don't wanna be too positive scare the disappointment but yet was told to be positive and happy.

Icic...when i was in NUH after 3 times of IUI, was recommend by the doc to try few more times before IVF..
anyway i will be meeting appt next wk with Dr. Tan..how exp it is?

B positive..and 加油哦!!
good news wit uu

Hi if u have decided to try IVF, jus go any polyclinic get referral letter to KKH or any other public hospital, it will be under subside rate, ard half price cheaper than original price.. Gd luck

Hi if u have decided to try IVF, jus go any polyclinic get referral letter to KKH or any other public hospital, it will be under subside rate, ard half price cheaper than original price.. Gd luck

Thank you..last week i call in..the nurse tell me if i seeing Dr Tan for ivf..it will be still consider as private..
Any advise..thank uu again

Hi yes he is the head so is under private rate at original price on consultation fees only, the rest of the treatment shld b the same...

So you mean even seeing him, is still best to get referral letter so as to get cheaper rate?

If u get a referral letter to kkh, they will randomly pick a dr in charge of your case. May not be Dr Tan. If you want Dr Tan, u need to call in to kkh directly. Your consultation, blood test etc will be charge as private patient.

If u get a referral letter to kkh, they will randomly pick a dr in charge of your case. May not be Dr Tan. If you want Dr Tan, u need to call in to kkh directly. Your consultation, blood test etc will be charge as private patient.

icic..thanks for ur info...

Hi Weili..... I wish you the best of luck for your blood test. I'm scheduled for my IVF with Dr Sadhana in March. i went tru IUI Jan 2015 but failed(cried buckets too) i didn't have the courage to continue IVF then, only got the courage back late 2015....

@Weilineo Hi Weili, i wish you all the very best of luck and baby dust to you!
I am scheduled for my IVF at KKH in April 2016... very nervous though.
@Haryani Hi Haryani, May i know how do i get to choose a doctor and stick to just him/her throughout? I prefer to have the same doctor from the start to the end. Hope to hear your advise.

@Weilineo Hi Weili, i wish you all the very best of luck and baby dust to you!
I am scheduled for my IVF at KKH in April 2016... very nervous though.
@Haryani Hi Haryani, May i know how do i get to choose a doctor and stick to just him/her throughout? I prefer to have the same doctor from the start to the end. Hope to hear your advise.
I started with Dr Sadhana right from the start, i called in KKH appointment hotline and made an appointment as a pvt pt. and since then, i was under Dr Sadhana....

I started with Dr Sadhana right from the start, i called in KKH appointment hotline and made an appointment as a pvt pt. and since then, i was under Dr Sadhana....
Thank you for your response @Haryani .. My journey with KKH began back in 2013 when I was desperately trying to conceive. I went to Polyclinic to get a referral letter from them to go to KKH for fertility checks (and was diagnosed with polyps growth and had hysteroscopy surgery). Due to the referral letter, my record with KKH is categorized as a non-private patient i guess. I hope to find out if I can appoint a permanent doctor throughout the entire IVF procedure..

Hi @Jules07 !
I am also scheduled for IVF at KKH in April!
Weheeee! I'm so excited for you! (and for us).. but very nervous though (especially the thought of self injecting and so forth).. This is my very first time doing all these procedures. I've been trying for 5years and thought that this is the final solution after going on natural remedies (massages, herbal medications, etc) for years. Totally didn't know what to expect (and i seldom have hospital visits, except for a day surgery to remove polyps back in 2013)- I'm so blurr to all these, hence, the many questions asked (hehe!)...
As per my period calendar prediction, I will be having my period on 3rd April (and my period is always on the dot!-weird) so i guess, I will be calling KKH that day for the next steps and so forth.
I wish u all the best for this, hope we all make it and we can finally have our own bundle of joy(s) ..

Yap Yap, it's my first IVF too!

KKH is suppose to call me up end of this month to schedule a date or what, but so far no calls yet ... maybe I ring them up later and check.

Feeling rather nervous about the injection thou ....

And yeah! All the best to both of us and hope our first IVF will be successful!

Hi ladies...im newbie...Im from Jakarta, Indonesia...may i know the original cost for ivf without subsidy? Im planning to check in KKH with Dr. Tan..should i make an appointment like 1 or 2 weeks before since i heardthe queue line is pretty long? Thank you sisterss :)

Hi, can I know how old are u now? Traditional massage is not helpful? I'm also trying to conceive. I'm 38 now..
Weheeee! I'm so excited for you! (and for us).. but very nervous though (especially the thought of self injecting and so forth).. This is my very first time doing all these procedures. I've been trying for 5years and thought that this is the final solution after going on natural remedies (massages, herbal medications, etc) for years. Totally didn't know what to expect (and i seldom have hospital visits, except for a day surgery to remove polyps back in 2013)- I'm so blurr to all these, hence, the many questions asked (hehe!)...
As per my period calendar prediction, I will be having my period on 3rd April (and my period is always on the dot!-weird) so i guess, I will be calling KKH that day for the next steps and so forth.
I wish u all the best for this, hope we all make it and we can finally have our own bundle of joy(s) ..[/QU

ImageUploadedByForum1455236113.778229.jpg

Clearblue digital ovulation kits plus pregnacy kits. All for $50!
Please pm me. Can send by postage or self collection at Fernvale.
Bb dusts to all!

I wish u all the best for this, hope we all make it and we can finally have our own bundle of joy(s) ..
Hi @Jules07 May i know how much is subsidized and how much to pay in cash?

Hi all, I will b returning 30 red eggs to ZSNN at Toa Payoh on 21st Feb (Sunday) from 11am onwards. Pls do go down and grab some eggs!
Baby dusts to all!

Hi all, I will b returning 30 red eggs to ZSNN at Toa Payoh on 21st Feb (Sunday) from 11am onwards. Pls do go down and grab some eggs!
Baby dusts to all!

Hi! Am keen in getting the eggs! Just wonder if i should take 1 for my husb as well?

Last edited:
Hello,

I registered myself to this forum and I am a new member.

Do go for the pre-IVF briefing, regardless where you are considering your fertility treatment. I'm continuing mine at NUH and prior to starting IVF treatment, my husband and I attended the lecture (free!) conducted by Prof P C Wong. I found that the information shared gave me a rough idea of what I will experience under the treatment although there is SO MUCH information to remember. I would definitely bring a pen and notepad to jot down the essential information and ask a lot of questions! Don't feel shy to ask questions, even if you think they are silly. For all you know, everyone else is thinking of the same thing but just to shy to raise it? All the best to you, if you are just about to start your fertility treatment, IUI or IVF. :)

Hi Ladies

Had my IVF consultation session with Dr Tan KK from KK..Was informed need to attend a counselling session which cost around $350 to $420. I understand SGH and NUH are free, how come KK charge this counselling session and yet so expensive???

Prior to this session, the couple need to take blood tests. Anyone has idea on the charges of this blood tests?

Hi PomPeePee I cannot find any information online about it! Can share more?

Hihi, the pre-ivf briefing lasts abt 45 mins to 1 hr where the doc or nurse will share with u via powerpoint slides the ivf process. The briefing will include other couples who intend to embark on their ivf cycle soon. There will be some consent forms for u to sign and a file will be given to u to bring home. It contains some leaflets and details abt the first visit to KKIVF centre. :)

Hi ladies,
Just wanna check i'll be going for SIS in March and a consultation with Dr Tan HH in mid April.
May I know after this procedure what is the next procedure?

As I'll be travelling in Nov, I hope I can delay the IVF self-jab until Mid Nov.
However i'm not sure if my SIS report will expire by then.

My blood test was done in Feb 2016.

Do also let me know the timeline for the IVF procedure if possible.

TIA! :)

Hihi, the pre-ivf briefing lasts abt 45 mins to 1 hr where the doc or nurse will share with u via powerpoint slides the ivf process. The briefing will include other couples who intend to embark on their ivf cycle soon. There will be some consent forms for u to sign and a file will be given to u to bring home. It contains some leaflets and details abt the first visit to KKIVF centre. :)

Thanks for the info!!

Hey ladies, Im bummed. I just did D&C and on HL now. So now i finally got courage to do IVF, do will make appointment at KKH. They say IVF slots are in June. Wish me luck

Pompeepee & MarshmallowBB, have you ladies considered doin ivf at NUH?

I read that NUH doctors are nice but dont hear much about the success hype. Im desperate for success and kkh has all my records. So i guess im stucked at kkh.

Oh and im desperate cos im turning 40 in July. So all the help and info is appreciated. Do you know any ladies above 40 and trying for ivf? I wanna know the costs. Cos i cant afford bombs.

I read that NUH doctors are nice but dont hear much about the success hype. Im desperate for success and kkh has all my records. So i guess im stucked at kkh.

Hi Cheetarr, nope. So far I m pleased with KK's services and I will remain with KK for sure. Can't wait to start my 2nd fresh cycle soon. Hehehe.

Hello ladies, i am new here. Juz went to Dr Tan at KKH today, gonna proceed with IVF treatment.. the earliest date shld b in june.. can i check, must take folic acid to prep the body now? i ask dr tan, he say no nid to take anything.. but my orher gfs ask me to take..
and i have "cold" womb, mentioned b4 by TCMs.. but i cannot take chinese medicines coz menses go haywire.. so excited n scared..

NUH a bit too far for me ... the travelling is a killer! So I guess I will stick to KKH.

Back