IVF 40ish support group

Also, someone told me before, the mother s womb is a much better place for embryo to multiply cells, than inside the lab. If only have a day 3 embryo and doc has given green light to transfer, why not transfer? The chance for the day 3 embryo to grow to blastocyst to fetus etc will be better inside mother s womb. The idea of cultivate into blast, is to achieve pregnancy faster ( cause those abnormal embryos most likely will stop growing and not reaching day 5).

Also, someone told me before, the mother s womb is a much better place for embryo to multiply cells, than inside the lab. If only have a day 3 embryo and doc has given green light to transfer, why not transfer? The chance for the day 3 embryo to grow to blastocyst to fetus etc will be better inside mother s womb. The idea of cultivate into blast, is to achieve pregnancy faster ( cause those abnormal embryos most likely will stop growing and not reaching day 5).
for me, i am a believer in blastocysts, I never achieve BFP under day 3 embryos. Perhaps each person works differently...

If it's just about implantation then it's not much difference to do pgs. But my concern is the miscarriage, or worst case, having baby born with genetic problem. I know we can do further screening during pregnancy to decide to abort, but that stage would come as very painful decision mentally and physically. To me that's the main benefit of pgs. Wonder if anybody has gotten good experience with pgs, so far?

If it's just about implantation then it's not much difference to do pgs. But my concern is the miscarriage, or worst case, having baby born with genetic problem. I know we can do further screening during pregnancy to decide to abort, but that stage would come as very painful decision mentally and physically. To me that's the main benefit of pgs. Wonder if anybody has gotten good experience with pgs, so far?
i would think that PGS is for those with hereditary illnesses as well as those with recurrent miscarriages.

if you are 40 plus and have not time to try out too many embryo transfers or go through too many miscarriages (each failed trransfer or miscarriage can set you back many months) maybe PGS test has value so u don't waste time with clearly unviable embyos. Eupliod embyos can still fail to implant.

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well.. I just failed my 3rd ivf yesterday.. 3 rounds of egg retrieval, 4 embryos but unfortunately none of them implant. I’m currently with NUH Prof Wong. I think Prof Wong and CHR has been v professional and supportive. But since I have finished my co-funds, I’m thinking of switching to another hospital. My main purpose is actually to change lab. I’m hoping another lab can help me yield higher number of embryos. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well.. I just failed my 3rd ivf yesterday.. 3 rounds of egg retrieval, 4 embryos but unfortunately none of them implant. I’m currently with NUH Prof Wong. I think Prof Wong and CHR has been v professional and supportive. But since I have finished my co-funds, I’m thinking of switching to another hospital. My main purpose is actually to change lab. I’m hoping another lab can help me yield higher number of embryos. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Hello Hoonie, if you are looking into private, you can consider Tan Heng Hao from Alpha, he used to come from KKH and he is renowned for his magic hands.

Hello Hoonie, if you are looking into private, you can consider Tan Heng Hao from Alpha, he used to come from KKH and he is renowned for his magic hands.
Hello, I actually saw Dr THH last month. He doesnt seem to be very confident about my case. He told me that some women cant get pregnant no matter what they do. Its quite disappointing to hear that from him coz I read many good reviews about him on this forum.

Hello, I actually saw Dr THH last month. He doesnt seem to be very confident about my case. He told me that some women cant get pregnant no matter what they do. Its quite disappointing to hear that from him coz I read many good reviews about him on this forum.

sorry just to check..did he reject u on the spot..or he still continue to ask u to see him?

sorry just to check..did he reject u on the spot..or he still continue to ask u to see him?
He thinks that nuh has already done what they can for me. He didn’t reject me directly, but told me to go home and think about it. And it’s v disappointing to hear that.

He thinks that nuh has already done what they can for me. He didn’t reject me directly, but told me to go home and think about it. And it’s v disappointing to hear that.
to be honest, if the doc has no confidence in taking up your case, perhaps you should consider looking up other docs...

to be honest, if the doc has no confidence in taking up your case, perhaps you should consider looking up other docs...
Yes, I agree. That’s why I’m hoping to find doctors who are more experience at older patients. Would appreciate anyone who has any relevant experience to share.. TIA

Yes, I agree. That’s why I’m hoping to find doctors who are more experience at older patients. Would appreciate anyone who has any relevant experience to share.. TIA
Hi Hoonie, how old are you, mind I ask? Then i ask my IVF peers with good experience with their docs.

Hi Hoonie, how old are you, mind I ask? Then i ask my IVF peers with good experience with their docs.
I’m 40. All our tests came back normal. I was on 4 rounds of clomiphene, 3 IUIs and 3 IVFs. All failed, no pregnancy before too. I respond poorly to stimulation and have low fertlization rate. According to my doctor, my eggs quality is not good. Really appreciate your help. Thank you!

I’m 40. All our tests came back normal. I was on 4 rounds of clomiphene, 3 IUIs and 3 IVFs. All failed, no pregnancy before too. I respond poorly to stimulation and have low fertlization rate. According to my doctor, my eggs quality is not good. Really appreciate your help. Thank you!
Ok, you might have 2 options:

1. My peers in their 40s sought the help of Roland Chieng from Parkway. There are hits and misses as in most managed to BFP but MC along the way, some managed to bring home a baby. An acquaintance in her mid 40s managed to BFP and is awaiting delivery now.

2. I know I said it many times in the forum. I was 40 when I was under Dr Liu Shuling from KKH. She did the whole process from ER to delivery. I have no qualms that she is professional, detailed and open to ideas.

P/S: Not sure what religion you are in, I did pray to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang and Song Zi Guan Yin before embarking on my pink project.

You may want to do your research and good luck!!

Hi everyone. For those who have done et, is it normal for the doctor to not cleanse and wash the vagina before insertion of the tube to put the embryo in and also to not show on the screen clearly the bubble carrying the embryo into the uterus? My doc seemed to be in a rush during the transfer…

Hello.. I just did mine and they showed on screen my uterus, catheter, blastocyst and all. Its magical. My 1st time and I thought it was the standard.

Actually I did ivf with dr tan hh from alpha and I felt that he was too busy. Worried that it might affect the success of treatment. Wonder if anyone have the same feel with him now?
to be honest, popular doctors are usually very bz, so if you want to go to popular doctors, got to be prepared...

Actually I did ivf with dr tan hh from alpha and I felt that he was too busy. Worried that it might affect the success of treatment. Wonder if anyone have the same feel with him now?
Hi. Which milestone are u now? I think busy doctor may not review our case carefully too. Or they might be overconfident. I am a private patient with KKH, but no high expectation to get full attention from doctor. Still got to do our own homework and reading somehow.

I felt so too.. . but if you ask further , he is kind enough to reply… for example.. when he was about to hop to the next room.. I looked at my husband and said “ I haven’t asked finish my question “… dr tan then pop his head back and ask me to continue my question.
As I feel, he is a good and honest doctors .. is a no frills and budget conscience guy .. he seems to not like his patients to spend unnecessarily..

I felt so too.. . but if you ask further , he is kind enough to reply… for example.. when he was about to hop to the next room.. I looked at my husband and said “ I haven’t asked finish my question “… dr tan then pop his head back and ask me to continue my question.
As I feel, he is a good and honest doctors .. is a no frills and budget conscience guy .. he seems to not like his patients to spend unnecessarily..
that's why he was sooooo popular when he was in KKH....he is a wonderful doctor, if only he is still in kkh....oh well

Just turned 40. Low AMH. Been trying to conceived after mc in June 2023 but no success. Met Dr Steven and he suggested my best bet is ivf and recommend me to try 1 cycle. So he prescribed rovisit for now. Just wondering should I or should I not since the AMH is low...

Just turned 40. Low AMH. Been trying to conceived after mc in June 2023 but no success. Met Dr Steven and he suggested my best bet is ivf and recommend me to try 1 cycle. So he prescribed rovisit for now. Just wondering should I or should I not since the AMH is low...
Do not give up. Low AMH means you have lesser egg. Most important factor for IVF is ovarian function. You should try IVF and see how your ovaries respond to the drugs. At least no regrets.

Hello! Do u have PCOS? If not, what’s the purpose for revosit ? Did doctor explain ?

Hello! Do u have PCOS? If not, what’s the purpose for revosit ? Did doctor explain ?
No PCOS. He prescribed that to improve the eggs quality. In case I want to do IVF. Given my age, the egg quantity is low and quality also will be poorer.

Hi hi,
I have had 3 ER, managed to get good number of follicles and matured eggs can only get 1-2 fertilised and so far have not had any viable embryos.

Dr attributed to age (>40s) and he said there is nothing much he can do.

Anyone has similar experience and succeeded eventually, possible to share with which doctor please? I’m thinking of seeking a second opinion.

Doc did a scan and said left have 4 eggs, right have 2 eggs. Any idea what does this mean? Every month ovulation we will release 1 egg. Does this mean, after next 6 months I will not have anymore egg and no chance to conceived anymore?

Hey just throwing some hope
I'm mid 40s and expecting first child thru ivf

Kkh protocol, day 5 embryo, grade b. It's untested embryo.

Don't let the gynaes and insurance people get u down, it's possible to hVe a baby after 40

Don't let the gynaes and insurance people get u down, it's possible to hVe a baby after 40
yes, i would like to add on too, i got my daughter in 2022 at age 40. Achieved 3 viable embryoes from ER and all thrown into freezer till Embryo Transfer. She's a grade C, day 5 embryo.

Yes, I agree with sherise. dont let the docs and insurance people get you down. it's just that you have not found the right doctor yet.

My doc is Liu Shu Ling from KKH.

Doc did a scan and said left have 4 eggs, right have 2 eggs. Any idea what does this mean? Every month ovulation we will release 1 egg. Does this mean, after next 6 months I will not have anymore egg and no chance to conceived anymore?
No, it's not like that, we are born with many eggs, so every month the body just release 1 egg and if it's not fertilised, it willl shed its lining hence menstruation begins.

IVF process is about growing the eggs with medication and then extracting the ones that meet the size criterion, to fertilise with your hubby's sperm to become embryos.

No, it's not like that, we are born with many eggs, so every month the body just release 1 egg and if it's not fertilised, it willl shed its lining hence menstruation begins.

IVF process is about growing the eggs with medication and then extracting the ones that meet the size criterion, to fertilise with your hubby's sperm to become embryos.
Thanks. But what does this 6 eggs means? He scan and saw only 6. This is worrying.

Was this your first transfer ? was it fresh, or medicated FET or non-medicated FET?

I just failed my first FET grade B at kkh

i asked for pre embryo testing but i couldnt do it because my current ones are already frozen. gynae at KK was against it, saying not foolproof and taking cells out of so little cells is harmful.
May I ask who was your ivf doc at kkh? Thanks

Back