IUI/SO-IUI/IVF - successful stories?

Congratulations enhanced garden. Take good care ok?

I recently bfp and is now in my week 8.. Ms still average feeling more pukey now, more uncomfortable, esp at night and the big round boosting feeling is here - as tummy gets bigger.. Sometimes dunno to sleep or watch tv. Anyway all these will pass and tri 2 will be better! Some
Say can even travel, but I'm Kia su so better not. V precious baby to me. All the best! U will look forward to seeing yr baby heart beat! Enjoy yr pregnancy hor!! I'm sure u r so elated now!

Last time I look at people's baby and wished they were mine. I asked why I wasn't able to conceive when I want to. I regretted never marrying early as I knew my hubby for 10 yrs before we settled down. In fact he proposed 8 yrs ago when we were much younger. Who knows by now my kid already 8 yrs old. I did not dream that I ever would take the ivf route..but come to a point that I did not want to waste time. I had lost hope in my life. Some nights were spent in tears asking when my bb is coming. Why me? I did not do any bad things. Checks with doc was also fine - I did not hv blocked tubes, no problem with womb, etc. What's wrong? Why so difficult? I tried Tcm for abt a year and was losing my self worth when I decde I must and will take the ivf route. Why? Because I need a concrete plan to look forward to! And not tring around waiting for things to happen. Also because both of us are not young; my eggs and his sperms cannot wait else another year older again! I know ivf - they will retrieve some eggs and I can have a few rounds of eggs transfer if I'm lucky. My eggs will be at the age when i did my ieggs retreival. Without this concrete plan to look forward to, I'm feel like a helpless non directional person losing all faith and interest in life and I even wanted to quit! So thereafter everyday what I do like weekly acpuncture, Tcm, exercise, healthy food is all in tune with my planned ivf in the next 4 months. Of course during this time I also ttc naturally. But no luck! I failed my first fresh ivf - it was truly truly heart breaking although I was prepared that I may not be so lucky to succeed he first round. Cried everywhere in the car in the toilet when eating etc. U can read it on my blog. Even l the hpt that I buy all expired before they can be used as my menses came every time! That's me, how jiat lat I was. And later on I chanced upon this healing session and I never looked back since! I am so thankful to my Lao shi for helping cinceive the baby with ivf. Next baby I will see her for natural conceiving!

Hi babyseetoh n Tanny
Thanks for your sharing ! I always thought I cannot make it this time ! I was getting to plan all the things I want to do after the cycle fails .. Ha now I cannot go traveling with my hubby family . Infact everybody will be out of town this exams time. Home alone!!
Before that I was shopping for the whole day as if nothing. Frankly I really feel nothing even till now. Just feel like PMS ..
I hope you all will strike !
I was like Tanny married so early 24 years old that time never cross our mind to have kids. Now ten years later ... Then realized it is so hard to conceive n truly believe is God's gift.
Me n my hubby only want One kid. Initially we do not want any kid but now we just want one .. One is enough for us ..
Now got to budget alot of things if bb comes into the world
happy.gif

Tanny,

Congrats to the mommy-to-be, your buckets of tears is paying off
happy.gif
Enjoy the pregnancy journey tho!

I'm in my mid 30s, married late and this is my only concern ttc, I hope to at least have 2 kids, but this would depend on God's will. If the plans go on well, I wish to conceive the 2nd one on our own
happy.gif

Enchanted_garden,

Maybe when you have your 1st child, you may start thinking of a second one as a companion, you'll never know.... Haha!

You can go holiday, just dont do any dangerous activities ie Bungy jump, sky diving, scuba, water sports.... Going for holiday is no difference to going to work. Just be extra careful loh. When I was 5 weeks preggy, I joined hb for a trunk road riding from Spore to Thailand. It was a planned trip, so I dont wanna give it a miss but we both were extra careful during the trip.

Maybe you may consider your holiday again?

hi babyseetoh

My husband and my mum and my inlaws forbid me to go for the trip as there will be hiking on the mountain too! haha..never mind I told my husband I want to go next year!
happy.gif

So will have to plan for activities for the long weekend.. go watch movie.. nua like a pig! or go for a new haircut! haha..
not going anywhere during the festive season?

Hello yoyo,

I visited Eu Yan Sang, Paragon for 4 faithful months previously. They have 2 fertility sinseh, 1 is a local, another is from China. I was seeing Dr Xia Rong, from China. She is only in Singapore for a week every month. So if you have time constraint, she might not be a good choice but you can call EYS Paragon, Tel 6735 8006 to know more.

Each visit is about $250-$300 for 30 days medicine (incl consultation fee of $30 or so). She will request u to chart your daily body basal temperature, cervical mucus, amt of menses, etc. If you're seeing a western fertility doc, do communicate with her of any findings or medicine prescribe. Btw, Dr Xia Rong understand English too.

I also did 2rounds of accupuncture during ovulation period. 3 times consecutively in a particular month, each time is abt 40-45 minutes, abt $60.

Hope you find this useful. Depending on your preferred location, you can ask the IUI/IVF thread for more recommendation.

Baby dusts to you
happy.gif

hello babyseetoh,

thank you for sharing with me and your baby dusts!! one of the sister in the forum recommended raffles hospital. I just signed up a general fertility package with raffles hospital tcm on sat. Its $389 for 5x acupuncture.

Dr say suspect i am not ovulating hence recommend me to do the acupuncture which can help to stimulate ovulation. Did you start TCM way before doing IUI?

I had endo problem and just had my laparoscopy ops last nov. Now trying to conceive naturally...but seems difficult for me. if still cant conceive i have to consider iui/ivf...

hello
I am new to this forum. Wanted to know more about "IUI" as my gynae has recommended for me to go for it. I have been on Clomiphene, day 6 today. Is the "IUI" procedure painful?

Hi Glimmer, Welcome to the forum. IUI procedure is not at all painful though some discomfort will be der during the procedure. Its better to take it easy & relax during and after the procedure. Try to take rest & dont do any tiring activity after the procedure and during 2ww. All the best and keep faith in God.

hi every1. i'm new to this chain, i was posting on another one. all the people on the forums are so wonderful.
well i just did my iui yesterday at nuh so now 2ww. so impatient!

Hello all,

I'm into my 32 week pregnancy now
happy.gif

For those who did your IUI, hope you'll share your good news soon! Stay relax and happy during the 2ww. I know it's a trying period, especially coming to the end of the cycle but try to shift your focus.

All the best!

happy for you babyseetoh!!! swimming to the final lap. Which iui you did? so-iui or normal iui?

I am still trying hard. Just went back to Doc for help... scanning to hit my actual ovulation date. My follicle egg and lining is good this round...so i took the jab to trigger ovulation. Doc initially suggest that i should do the normal iui..but in the end he ask me try on my own. I hope i can grab your baby dusts!!

Hello!!! I just head that a couple of others had conceived naturally after repeated miscarriages/ or unsuccessful ivfs/ iuis. . My healer say thanks for your support and she is glad to hv helped you in realising your dreams!

I'm stilling seeing her but less frequently now - I'm in my 17 weeks doing well but also keeping my fingers crossed!

If u r keen to know more about her, i have written about her previously (earlier post in dec i think) and can read her information at Facebook / search for Yoga Inn. She is Mdm Valencia Tan( based at Waterloo Street).

Jia you everyone!

hi tanny,

can you share more about this yoga inn and her healing session? i also practice yoga but its bikram yoga.

Haha.. I just so happened to be looking clicking around and came to this thread and saw my nick!!

Hi Peggy!!!! recently abit busy.. Didn't have time to go to the SO-IUI thread to catchup on all the posts...

How are you doing? Doing your 2nd round IUI right??

Hi i have succesfull so-iui for first try.... Really blessed.... Really a miracle from God...

Now im 5 weeks 2 days still early but already exciting....
My tips: Just take a lot rest after iui and keep praying
happy.gif

my fist scan will be this 24th,... Keep my finger crossed
happy.gif

Baby dust to everyone.....

I'm 30.... Been ttc for 1,5 year.... Have pcos
Begin with clomid 50g cd 2-7 than helped by hcg trigger shot.... Try that method for 3 or 4 cycles no result....

Than HSG to see that my tube blocking or not, and everything clear
Sperm count everything normal....

Than try another several clomid cycle but didn't succed
Rest for around 3 mths not seeing gynea just doing naturaly....n

Than finaly we decided to go through iui. With injection
16 march puregon 75iu for 7 days
23 mrch scan have 1 egg 13mm, gynea add another 2x150 iu puregon inject
25 march trigger shot 5000iu
27 march iui procedure ( gynae give me progestrone 3times a day)
10 aprl got BFP ^^ very faint line
Doing hcg blood test n progestrone 143,8 and 111,2
12/4 another blood test once in 2 days
Finally today my result come out fine and the first scan will be 25th

I am eating normal like usual, i take supplement concieve well blackmores... And i did bed resting for 2ww not doing housework, not going out...
N the most important thing is pray.... Pray n have faith ^^

hope it helped..... Baby dust to u all....

San2 I'm 32 tis year. Been TTC for 5 years. Had 2 miscarriage. Congrats once again. Ur perseverance n patience reali paid off
happy.gif
. Rest well, eat well n take good care of urself. May u hav a smooth 9 month pregnancy.

Hi there... Didn't want to read and run so just dropping a note to cheer on the TTC-ers. =)

I have PCOS too and have been trying for 2 years before I conceived. Went through painful TCM treatments, Clomid cycles, ovarian drilling, SO-IUI and ultimately IVF before I hit my jackpot. Been quite a journey but I'm 27 weeks pregnant now and thankful everyday for the pregnancy. Stay positive and may you see your BFP soon!

Hi all,

I just completed a round of IVF - 2 eggs retrieved, only 1 was mature. On day of ET, I was made to wait 2 hours and told Dr need to speak to me. All this while I had to hold my bladder. When doctor finally spoke to me, I was told the mature egg was abnormal and didn't fertilize so no ET.

I am not sure what next - any ladies here had success with natural IVF? Or should I just give up ART altogether??

Hi ladies,

I am going to do my first SO-IUI this month. Just trying my luck here if there is any golden advices I can get from you ladies.
happy.gif

Hi, i went thru my 1st round of IVF in NUH (under Prof Wong) in 2010 & got pregnant & delivered a set of twins (1 boy + 1 gal). both of them were healthy & weigh 2.7 kg/3 kg respectively though i did develop bleeding (due to placenta previa) during my 4 th mth & was put on 3 days bed rest.i took evening primose oil + folic acid diligently b4 I went for my cycle + use TCM to "tiao" my body 1st. also most impt, during the 2 ww HL leave,i did not tink abt whether it will be successful anot. i just relaxed + watch alot of comedy cantonese drama at home. i tink it reali helps alot n will not make u so stress.

hi lazygal, how long did you tiao your body? I am still in the process of tiaoing and TTC. Did my laparoscopy to remove my endo in Nov last yr. If still unable to conceive by end of this yr..i be on my way to IVF.

Mind to share ur obstacle to conceive that why go for IVF?

Back