IUI/SO-IUI/IVF - successful stories?

Haha..I hope to share here
happy.gif

Babyseetoh- happened to see this thread. My ger is 5mth old now, "created by SF Loh under IVF", my miracle little baby. I've done 4 soiui and 4 cycle of clomid with so much TCM. Nothing works. My last try of ivf, if no strike, i will opt for adoption. And i suceed. I would say staying ZEN and positive is v impt and dun give yourself unneccesaary stress. Hope everyone here carry your little one in their arm soon.

Hello Babyaidan,

Thanks a million for sharing your successful story here. I'm very grateful and will keep ourselves going
happy.gif
I wish you a blissful life ahead and enjoy your motherhood from time to time.

May I know what do u mean by being zen?

Hi BabySeeToh, dragonhopes and Babyaidan,

I will be starting soiui next month. 1st timer, so I am quite excited. I've stoped taking my fav saba and seafood withnhigh mercury levels, crabs and reducing coffee intake.

BabySeeToh and dragonhopes, which stage are both of you in?

Babyaidan, thanks for sharing your success story. It is really encouraging. I guess everyone Tcc-ing has their fair share of disappointments and once in a while it is good to hear the good sides of the process.

iwannababe,

I'm 5 weeks preggie now
happy.gif
happy.gif
after 2 tries of IUI. Me too, since I found out I was preggie, I stopped drinking my favourite coffee. Can't wait to taste one soon.

Yes, do watch out what we eat daily and set on the right footing. We all been thru the ups and downs throughout our journey of TTC but most importantly is to bite the bullet, face and beat every challenges that are thrown to us. Stay strong and positive is the key to "success"!

Wishing you best of luck in your coming so-iui. Do visit the active thread that dragonhope mentioned.

Baby dust to you!

hi all,

abt this time last year, KKIVF called me to inform that i was preggy. i was so happy as it was my 3rd ivf cycle and i tot it was gonna be unsuccessful since the only 2 embryos i had were not fantastic.
but i'm really happy that 1 of them survived and become my beautiful little girl who is coming to 5 months old soon.

i want to encourage all of you out there who are still trying not to give up.. miracles do happen!! when my 2nd cycle turned out ectopic, i nearly gave up. but with encouragements and support from my loved ones, i decided to try again and i'm glad i did..

best wishes!!

Hi all,

For the past 5yrs, I have tried many many ways and went to many tests and I was telling myself IVF will be the last chance that I will be giving myself.

I had my IVF done July 2010 and I got preggy in Aug 2010. My bb is now going 8mths already. I have no symptoms during the ET... I understand that I could be a mental torture to wait. BUT BE POSITIVE!!!

Hi all,

Does any of you have the same situation as me? I am diagnosed with low ovarian reserve and failed my first SO-IUI last month. Unsure what I should do next...another IUI or IVF.

Hi DiamondT,
I'm diagnosed with low ovarian reserve too ..... my doc suggested IVF although he did say the chances is also very slim. Every try is a hope. I'm going through my 1st IVF now .... ER on Thursday.

WHat did your doc say? Who are you seeing now?

Hi Dee, I've been posting in few threads, guess I am desperate for advice....I'm seeing SF Loh at KK..did you try IUI before? How's the jabs with IVF, painful? The one for IUI was ok, pretty painless. How many eggs are you producing do you know? I also have a tilted uterus.

Hi DiamondT,
I can understand how you feel.

I tried Clomid before and got pregnant but miscarried before I knew I was pregnant. When I was referred to Dr SF Loh, he straight away put me on IVF. Never try IUI b4.

The jabs with IVF is pretty manageable. It's just a prick. My stage 1 only 1 jab a day. Stage 2 has 2 jabs a day, until my last 3 days due to an additional med, became 3 jabs. Sounds intimidating but you will get the hang of it after a while. I kinda enjoyed it ... lol ....

My IVF process has been quite easy actually .. I didn't get much side effects at all. But my 1st and 2nd scan didn't have very good results. I only have 5 follicles! And the size and lining is not good as well.
My first scan: biggest only 9.5, lining 5
My 2nd scan: biggest only 14.5, lining 6
After my 2nd scan, Dr Loh changed my medication and thankfully my 2 biggest now is 19 and 17.

2's very very little but better few than none. I have a lot of medical histories which complicates and impact fertility (you can read about it in the other thread, link below ... just shared with the girls there). My AMH is only 0.3. Dr Loh told me upfront my chances with IVF is very slim and no doctors and hospitals will want to do IVF for me because don't want me to tarnish their records. But I still insisted on trying, otherwise I would have completely no other options. IVF's most people last resort I think.

Actually what's the difference bet IUI and IVF? What did Dr Loh say about your condition?

More girls are on the other thread:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/154014.html

Most importantly, you must not give up hope.
My ER is tomorrow.
But what I did was to take one day at a time, pass each hurdle as I come to it, think positive and keep my faith. I'm not sure how's the outcome tomorrow after ER but I'm thinking positive and keeping myself happy & stress free now.

At the same time, go tiao my body .... go TCM, acupuncture, drink longan red dates, red bean soup, egg white, brazil nuts, raspberry tea etc etc. Did you go tiao your body?

My best friend also have tilted uterus but she has gone on to conceive 2 beautiful kids after that. So you mustn't lose hope. Just keep on trying.

Hi all
I did my 1st IUI on 28th Nov @ CHR NUH and today is exactly 14 days (end of the roller coaster ride) after the IUI procedure. Should i test now or wait for another week to be more confirm? So far i had cramping and feel bloated for the past few days. I do feel exhausted too at time.

I am afraid the result would turn out negative. Normally how soon will you know that your IUI is unsuccessful? With in a week?
Pls advise ladies.

The other thread http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/412490.html?1313245613 is closed.

Hi Alimgirl,

FYI, I conceived thru 2nd IUI @CHR NUH. I'm now into my 22week pregnancy.

I supposed your last menstrual cycle was around mid Nov? I know it's a torture to see when you want to do a home pregnancy test. Like you, I was so afraid of seeing a negative result and I tahan till exactly 30 days from my last cycle then I did the test and bingo!

If you can wait, then keep yourself busy by distracting your mind. If not, you should be able to test by now. *touchwood* If turns out negative, don't be despair, try again on alternate day.

Good luck!
happy.gif

Alimgirl,

As long as you don't see your menses, your chance of getting pregnant is high. I can't tell whether I was pregnant as I have zero symptom. Those symptoms only kicked in after 1.5 mth.

My gf who is pregnant have all the symptoms that she usually get every month as a sign of menses.

So there isn't much of a tell-tale sign.

Thank you BabySeeToh for the quick response.

Can i also know how many eggs you had then and what is the sperm count for your hubi?

As for me i only had one egg which ovulated successfully on Day 15 (the day which my IUI was carried out) and my hubi sperm count was 20 million according to Dr Chew from NUH.

Will AF report after the 2ww if the IUI is unsucessful? During your 1st IUI which was unsuccessful, how soon did ur AF report?

Just making myself comfy till day 30 which falls on Thursday 15th Dec 2011. I am gonna test on that day. HEhehhe so till then i wanna stay positive.

Haiz so sian....when i see so many others getting preg so easily unlike me, just to get pregnant have to go through so much mental and physical torture.

Alimgirl,

I don't know how many eggs I have as the nurse told me tt they only measure the biggest egg... Not sure if it's something to do with subsidised rate...

My egg (2nd IUI) was 21mm on CD12, I took the jab on CD13, then CD15 was my IUI. My HB's troop count is merely 2.5m. Just passed for the minimum benchmark. Or rather my 2nd time IUI, I just went thru the motion as I was so afraid of another disappointment.

My AF reported on CD30 after 1st failed IUI. ( My usual cycle day 27-31) So it very much depending on your cycle, no AF means got chance/hope). Both my IUI were performed by Dr Chew and I'm very grateful to him although he is a man with few words.

Your HB's semen is abundance! Imagine yours is 10x more than my chance
happy.gif
Just relax yourself. If you dont feel insane, you can talk to your bb inside the womb
happy.gif

BTW, once u have tested positive (fingers crossed), you'll call CHR to inform them and the nurse will direct you to make appointment with O&G to do a scan to confirm
happy.gif

Relax yeah!

Babyseetoh

You are making me more anxious now. hehehe i am taking things easy also...dont wanna be to disappointed later.

My menses is always irregular...so i dont have a fix usual cycle that is why it is difficult for me to predict. My egg was 19mm on Day12 and i took the jab on CD12 itself and did the IUI procedure on Day14. Dr Chew did a scan on Day14 before he did the IUI to confirm that my egg had ovulated. After all the procedure he didnt say much tooo. After we enquired how good the semens were then only he replied "very good its 20 million so dont worry." These were the few words he said. I guess he also dont wanna give me high hopes.

Anyway i shall wait till this Friday and see how things goes. Were u given progesterone gel for application after your IUI? According to the nurse this is to support the pregnency if it happens. I am given the gel for 15 days use.

Alimgirl,

No I wasnt given with any progesterone gel. Isit for oral use?

I think after 15 DPO, implantation should have taken place, you can possibly try to do HPT. Counting down is a really trying process, mind torturing too. Let me remind you, after you're pregnant, you'll be counting weeks, after weeks, months after months and from 1 trimester to another trimester. So take it slow and easily k.

In the meantime, pamper yourself, go out for a date with your HB. Stay happy and think positively
happy.gif

Babyseetoh: Its a vaginal gel, which is applied directly.

Today is my day17 DPO, still have no courage to do the pregnancy test but having PMS symptoms for the past few days. Feeling depressed at times too, which is not healthy. Staying positive always also not easy as the matter is always in your mind. I pray that GOD make me strong enough to go through the next few days and accept whatever comes by. Anything can happen just keeping my fingers crossed
happy.gif

Alimgirl,

If it's bothering you, then can do HPT for peace of mind. Even if the double line dont show up, can try again, as long as no AF, then you' still can cling on to hope. Don't bother with all the symptoms, it's never reliable.

Read some pregnancy books now while you still have the free time. Once you're pregnant and hit by those morning sickness, you wouldnt have any mood/energy to do much.

In the meantime, keep taking your folic acid k. Waiting for your good news!
happy.gif

Ok finally I took the test it's BFN and there is light bleeding today, so there goes my hope now have to pick the bits and pieces to redo the whole process! I really hope some miracle do happen for me. Maybe it's early pregnacy bleeding or something like that but I guess the chances are slim. I used the guardian test kit. Is the test results reliable or should I test again after few days? Any one pregnant and had such bleeding before? Need advise pls.

Dear ladies,
I am 34 years old and have been TTC for one & half years and no success. Last week, we have done some tests and found out that my hubby SA tests was not so good. Sperm count & motility are low. Sigh...so sad.

My gynae recomended to try IUI with clomid for me and hubby are to start on multivitamin immediately.

Any one can advise me should I try IUI or don't waste time and try IVF instead?

I am currently seeing Dr Yvonne Chan at TMC. She is a good gynae and I m very comfortable with her. But, she don't do IVF. So, I am not sure if I should start my IUI with her or should I consult Dr Loh who eeryone rave about?

Hello ladies.

I have been active in the IVF thread and I have recently bfp! I have heard my baby's heart beat last Friday. It was a tough journey and I'm sure many of you have even more difficult journey than mine. I just want to share a wonderful person who has helped me a lot in this ttc journey. I hope she can help you too. She is Mdm Tan from Yoga Inn who does healing sessions for me.

Here is my little bfp story and I hope she can do miracles for you too!

http://mybfpstory.blogspot.com/

Alimgirl,

Did you test again today? Last time I just used Watson house brand for HPT. All these should be accurate. Don't over-pressure yourself, blood test is really not necessary.

If it's not meant to be, then try again next round. I never succeed on my 1st try too. Remember that u need a strong womb and healthy body now to support a 40weeks pregnancy, so don't oversee your physical &mental health in the meantime.

Relax & chill!

Hi Kittykatty,

I'm 36, ttc for 1.5yrs too. I just conceived thru IUI in July. My hb & I fertility wasn't that ideal too, ie his SA volume and I wasn't ovulating tho I have monthly menses.

HB always talk abt IVF, to him it's a quick fix. I personally am sceptical, as I find IVF is invasive, mental torturing and high cost yet not success guarantee.

When you go for IVF, you'll sure have high expectation and if it doesn't work, it will add on more stress on you. Since doctor suggested IUI+Clomid, you should give it a shot.

But I must say that you yourself have to tune (pu) your body at the same time. I went for TCM and accupuncture faithfully for 4month to 'tiao' my body. My TCM sinseh check my monthly body basal chart which she found that my post-ovu temp wasnt high enough (progesterone level) and the volume of my menses wasn't that much. My menses only lasted 1.5days after taking clomid, so she suspected clomid thin my womb lining. I told the gynae abt the issue but that's nothing they can do. So I'm grateful that the sinseh adjusted the TCM dosage and eventually my BBT turned out beautiful!

I'm happy that those TCM laid a good foundation to prepare my body for pregnancy. So far I've been sailing thru my preg Week 23 although there were a few pregnancy issues here &there. That's why I always believe in keeping good health for the sake of a later worry-free pregnancy journey.

Talk to your hb and read up more on IUI vs IVF pros & cons. Go to the thread, 'IUI/IVF anyone?' it's an active thread and u may get more support frm there
happy.gif

Babyseetoh
I tested again and it's bfn confirmed and my bleeding is heavy now thus it's menses. I have already booked my appt for the next soiui. I think the iui failed bec I only had one egg in the left and the sperm might not had swim the right direction. Well we have got to try another time we will see how it goes this round. Had consoled myself but it was difficult to break the news to my Hubi and parents.

I think all happens for a reason.

Alimgirl,

I'm sorry it doesn't work for you this round. Work on it again next cycle but don't over-pressure yourself, have an open mind if it's a BFN. My hb used to console me every month, thats how I draw strength and fight on.

We never tell our family members abt our IUI move, so no external stress, save on explanation too.

Everytime when I was obsessed with the TTC thots, I'll do exercise to sweat it out. Otherwise I'll go library to read up on pregnancy related books. If you hve not started, maybe u can read up some pregnancy &birth stories to gear up yourself. Even for myself, to-date I still have so many diff topics that I wanna read on to prepare myself when our baby is here. Once the little one is here, we won't have the luxury of time to read.

Never give up and 'never say die' is the way to go girl!!!

alimgirl,

I used to worry that what if those sperms enter the wrong side of the fallopian tube and miss the ripe eggs. So silly. I read before that the sperms know how to 'sniff' their way to the eggs. I'm also sceptical about it. I'm sure some 'soldiers' are lost in the 'jungle' too. That's why there's an ideal min sperm count for a higher chance of conception.

Don't be bothered with this. Anyway, did your hb take any vitamins? My hb was given Vit C & E.

Babyseetoh
Thank u for the encouragement and motivation it really helps and I have stop crying for the failed cycle and looking forward for the next cycle.

For my Hubi he was not given any vitamins as the doc keep on saying his sperm count is good but the morphology is only 1%. should I ask the doc for some supplements?

Alimgirl,

You're most welcome, I came from where you are now, so I do understand all those frustration, disappointment, mentally draining, full of question marks where has gone wrong, how can you do better next time..... Feelings. I'm glad that I have various channels of relieving my agony, one of them is thru the encouragement from the forumers. You're NEVER alone k!

Your hb's SA is indeed good. But no harm taking vitamin C & E. Afterall these are daily supplements. You can off-the-shelf from NUH or outside pharmacy
happy.gif

**Vitamin E is another powerful antioxidant and has been shown to increase fertility when given to both men and women. It has been suggested that the antioxidant activity of vitamin E might make the sperm more fertile**

Dear BabySeeToh,

Congratulations to you. I am happy to hear that you are on your way to motherhood soon :eek:)

Thanks for sharing & advice. I feel so much better & positive. I definitely will not give up without a fight.

I will try clomid + iui first. And, hope for the best. At least it won't cost a bomb. By the way, how many times have you try on IUI? Is it your first try?

Yes. Agree with you that is important to "tiao" our body. I have seen Dr Tan Siew Buoy a couple of months back. Have to brew the medicine. I stop after a few times as its too heaty for me and I fallen sick instead. Do you mind sharing who is your chinese sin seh?

Thanks again!

Hi ladies,
I am new to this thread but certainly not new to this iui procedure as I am on my 2 ww waiting time which is due on the 23 dec.
This is my 2 attempt with KKH but I have a strong feeling that it may not be successful this time. 1st tried failed I cried and cried .. worst thing was my SIL just gave birth.. wah the feeling was unbearable . I dare not even lay my eyes on the new born baby.. took me quite a while to pick up the pieces. My hubby ever told me, " God has the power to give you , He has the power to take it back as well"
Alot of Questions in my mind indeed.. always keep asking why why why.. ppl ask me to pray for this and that.. but no answer.
Trying to keep it positive going but every time see a baby my heart just melt. I have not tred TMC perhaps if this time round fails should really go and tiao my body for the 3rd try.

Good luck ladies!

Hello kittykatty,

Thanks, Becoming pregnant is still unreal to me at times and I wonder whether I'm dreaming. Now I can finally have the pride to shop for bb stuff. Still half a pregnancy journey to go.

I'm glad that you're giving IUI a shot
happy.gif
I got preggy on my second IUI + clomid attempt. First, we tried clomid + natural. Then, I skipped 1cycle of clomid but I ovulated and we proceed onto our first IUI but not successful. Second attempt then suceeded although I do not have a strong pregnant instinct as compared to my 1st IUI. Anyway, the rests are history now.

Just to share, my TCM sinseh is Dr Xia Rong from Eu Yang Sang, Paragon. No need to boil the med, just mix with warm water. My monthly prescription cost me arnd $300. You have to observe your BBT, your menses volume, cervical mucus, maybe giddy spell (if low blood) etc and communicate with your sinseh. The more ques you ask, the better it is.

Give yourself a time frame for IUI, I know we always want fast results, achieve our goals asap but parenting is something that is beyond our control, we can only try our best.

I hope you are like me, no need to venture into IVF
happy.gif

Loads of baby dusts!!!!

Enchanted garden,

The 2ww is always torturing. Basically the whole cycle is like a roller coaster, being the highest peak is IUI day. Not to mention the rock bottom moment.... I personally experienced lots of emotional coaster, moodiness, agitatable, mood swing, etc.

Hang in there! Your prayer will sure come true!
happy.gif

Hello BabySeeToh,
Thanks again for sharing your journey with us. At least we know we are not alone going through this tough journey.

Dr Xia Rong is not cheap ya. But if its work I really don't mind giving a try. At this point, I will try anything....

Pray hard I will succeed my first IUI attemp. Most likely will schedule it right after Chinese New Years so that at least there are some time for my hubby's soldiers to improve with the multi-vitamin.

Baby dust to all of us here!

Hi alimgirl,
My hubby was given Vigor-Ace to improve his soldiers. Not sure if this can be found in pharmacy but you can check it out. It contain vit A, C, E, Zinc & selenium.

Hi BabySeeToh
Thanks for your encouragement. I think my 2nd try will most properly not successful as I used a pregnancy kit to try this morning though today is the 10th day waiting .. My frd told me to wait another 2 more days.. However I can feel my PMS..

Your TMC is at Paragon? I am drinking this Ensure nutrients drink as my frd got preggie after first attempt of IVF last year.
She told me this nutrient drink is very good as it helps implantation more smoothly.

Hi Kittykatty
Good luck on your first try. I can understand how you feel .. I went thru the first try in June this year. My first try was pretty smooth as I was on clomid for 3 days then Puregon jab for another few days and I did my iui. My 2nd try was more tiring as I was not on clomid, I was on Puregon Jab for 15days!! Literally go down to KKH everyday! Can you imgaine the time spend on waiting ...
AFter my AF reports earlier than expected I cried buckets of tears.. my SIL still can ask me am I excited to know the result? I really do not know.. I cannot use the word "excited" to describe my feeling at that time. All I know I need a little faith, a little prayers, a little luck.. The rest really up to God ba...

Is this blackmore vitamin good? I am staring at this when I was at Gurdian. Maybe I can get it and try.

Best of luck to all of us!
happy.gif

Hello kittykatty,

TCM is indeed not cheap. I was running out of resources and patience therefore I give tCM a try. While TTC, I always so obssessed in reading up on fertility boost, I even bought some online material when I'm desperate on certain period of the month. Then, I came across with some westerners who highly recommend TCM, so I asked myself why not, since I'm a Chinese myself, why am I sceptical about it.

If you can afford it, why not. Rather than spending >$10k on IVF. You can get more TCM recommendation frm the other thread That I mentioned before
happy.gif

Enjoy all the festive seasons, have a happy and relaxing mood then start your IUI journey k
happy.gif

Enchanted_garden,

Looks like we started our first IUI in Jun 2011. Hahaa... May I know which gynae you're seeing? I did cry every month when AF reported. But after the breakdown session, I re-collect myself and face the next cycle and the next.... Even when I tested BFP, I cried too!!!!

If Ensure works for your friend, no harm trying. We must try all sorts of method though. I took Blackmore Conceive Well for more than a year, in between I alternate between other brands. You can check it out at Unity. If your have friends in UK, Boots carry a variety of brands too.

After 1yr+ of consuming, I venture into TCM, I took both together but of course dont take them at the same time. Maybe 1-2 hours apart.

I sincerely hope you'll succeed this round. In the meantime, eat and sleep well k!

happy.gif

Hi Baby seetoh
how you know I started in June this year?? you see me ya? keke.. Acutally I was refer to Dr Mariamme Hendrick at KKH then refer me to KKIVF .. so I am not seeing any particular Gynea at the moment.
Today I went back to KKH for blood test and it showed Positive! I still cannot believe my ears just now. but still need to go back on Friday to retake my blood test again as my hormone level is still low. frankly I was telling myself have ok don't have never mind enjoy like a single! ha.. so i really prepare the worst information. So this new came unexpectated for me as well.
happy.gif

you too! must take care!

Enchanted_garden,

Congrats! I re-read your post so as to ensure I read it correctly tho. It's indeed an earlyxmas gift. You can finally smile in your dream. Yay!
happy.gif

In the meantime, remember to keep taking folic acid. MUST-must eat all your favourate foods while youcan now before the morning sickness kicks in. I used to be a foodie but when MS strikes, I really behave out of norm. So eat, eat & enjoy now!

Oh yeah, do google what you can/cannot eat when you're preggy also!

Take good care
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi baby see toh
So when this morning kicks in huh?? Wah these 2 days I can feel a little bit nuaseous Liao .. Then I got to eat my fav food! But I cannot take too liang stuff either.. Ya got to google what to eat n not to eat. Thanks!
Baby dust to all

Enchanted_garden,

The MS can kick in anytime depending on individual. Some lucky ones never experience it at all. If u feel nauseous, lost if appetite & indigestion, it's part&parcel of the MS. Sometimes you'll feel hungry in the niddle of the nite. So get some biscuits, bread, cereal to standby when it strikes.

The big no-no food is dang-gui. So make sure those soupy dishes do not contain dang-gui. Must be extra careful during this 3months crucial period
happy.gif

Back