IUI/SO-IUI/IVF.. LET'S SHARE AND BFP TOGETHER!!!

Gd Morning Sue Dazey,

Why dun u call the clinic to check?they will be the best ppl to ask as they know ur condition..

Hi Santhiya..
Ive called the ctr and they say gp is fine..just asked for med safe for pregnancy.
I've gone to the doc and they gv me cream n wash..no oral med.
Just hope this itch goes away soon... driving me nuts!

Hi Santhiya..
Ive called the ctr and they say gp is fine..just asked for med safe for pregnancy.
I've gone to the doc and they gv me cream n wash..no oral med.
Just hope this itch goes away soon... driving me nuts!

Do take care of urself during the 2ww..i heard taking chicken,beef,wheat and dairy products is not good as it contains oestrogen which is not good for conceiving..try to avoid. :)

The cost is depend on the medication. For mine is estimated around 10k to 12k. I agree that the waiting time for scanning n see doctor is super long. I always felt that the senior nurses there are more experience then the doctor lor. Hee..hee... maybe I always asked the nurse more questions compare to doctor. I start my essence with empty stomach in the morning. As I mentioned before, I took daily. After laposcopy, can feel whole body very weak.
Hi bearge, 10-12k is before medisave reimbursement is it? Hehe, mee too, i also talk to the nurse more than my doc. haha

How's ur bt ?

Hi bearge, 10-12k is before medisave reimbursement is it? Hehe, mee too, i also talk to the nurse more than my doc. haha

How's ur bt ?
Hi tinga, 10 to 12k is the total bill. We can use medisave 6k and government grant the balance. My re take bt no good. My mense came yesterday. I am having very bad cramp. I think my body is trying to push out all everything as I saw blood clot. My hpt was positive but reading is very low. So cannot make it. Will only get to see my doc on end sept. from there will check what goes wrong and see my next move. I don't think I will try again for the next cycle as I can feel my body the damage. Health is very important so I must bu back. The failure was a emotional roller coaster for myself and my hubby. Guess what we can do, we have done.

Ladies here, JIA you and stay positive. :)

Hi bearge, sorry to hear that. I totally understand ur feeling. Felt so bad when af came, trying to control my tear in the office, can't stop my tear when I back home. Haih..
Now trying to 收拾心情,wait for af to over and try naturally this time round.. I will visit doc in October if this month still fail.

Have u done iui before ur ivf, bearge?

Hi tinga, ya. Done once iui few years ago before my laposcopy with tmc. I don't think that gynae is good that's why didn't go back to her again. Comparing iui and ivf.... My iui did not have any medication. Only one injection to trigger the egg before the iui procedure follow by some pills for support during tww. Is totally different with ivf. Ivf takes time and effort. I need to make effort to inject my own self daily. Go back hospital quite often for scanning on the grow of follicles. Is a quite painful waiting period. I always went there at around 7.30am. The scanning q number will only start jumping around 8.25am, as the doctor only see patient at 9am.. So by the time everything done, it takes me 2 and half hours.

Iui is transfer the good sperm after sperm wash into your body, which the troop will find their way to meet your egg, right? And then find their way to lining. As for ivf, the doc will transfer the embryo into your body which cut the step for their traveling to meet. The embryo will find their way to stick onto the lining. Hope my explanation is right.

Discuss with your doctor and ask for their professional advise. I may only start my fresh cycle again end of the year or after cny. As I don't have any frozen embryo for FET, so I need my body in good condition before go for another round of medication injection again.

Hello everyone
I'm new to this forum...I'm scheduled to go for my first iui on Monday.
Been ttc for close to 2 yrs.
just went for my pregnly jab at Kkh earlier
Did a scan this morning, have 1 follie at 19mm, 2 at 14.5mm ...lining is abit thin at 6mm( ideal is 8mm)
So I have estraderm patches on my butt :)

Hi Everyone, I am new here.
I am currently in my 2ww for my 2nd SO-IUI. Things are not really good for me as well as basal temperature has dropped for the last 2 days ... Today is 9dpiui and no more sore bbs. Feeling very lonely and depressed during the infertility journey... See alot of preggy colleagues makes me more upset. Some more I also visited tcm doc for months but still nothing ... Very sad ....

I am currently in my 2ww for my 2nd SO-IUI. Things are not really good for me as well as basal temperature has dropped for the last 2 days ... Today is 9dpiui and no more sore bbs. Feeling very lonely and depressed during the infertility journey... See alot of preggy colleagues makes me more upset. Some more I also visited tcm doc for months but still nothing ... Very sad ....

hi celsham..can totally empathise with you... it's not an easy journey for us, hvg to go thru' iui/ivf/icsi. But we are putting in lots of efforts to make our dreams become a reality...tt is strength in itself.

we can feel sad, we have to feel sad, must acknowledge our sadness before we can move on..... do take care and let's continue to hope and pray for the best. :)

i've gone thru 2 failed IUI and 1 failed SO-IUI...

Hi celsham.... Don't loose hope....I can understand your pain.....don't feel lonely ...you can hav lots of friends to support you from this forum ...stay strong n think positive.... miracles may happen :) baby dust to you ...

Just came back from my first scan from KKH after 8 days of puregon..I had numerous follicles on right side with sizes ranging from 8 - 19.5mm but left side had only 5 follicles between 10 - 12 mm... and my uterine lining has increased to 9.5mm!!!! So happy... Tomorrow have to go back for one more scan..mostly likely will be having my HCG trigger shot tomorrow night and ER might be on Thursday!! keeping my fingers crossed!!

Just came back from my first scan from KKH after 8 days of puregon..I had numerous follicles on right side with sizes ranging from 8 - 19.5mm but left side had only 5 follicles between 10 - 12 mm... and my uterine lining has increased to 9.5mm!!!! So happy... Tomorrow have to go back for one more scan..mostly likely will be having my HCG trigger shot tomorrow night and ER might be on Thursday!! keeping my fingers crossed!!

Hi Santhiya... So u hav active right ovary and a lazy left :) :) ... Keep us posted on updates...baby dust to you :)

Hi ladies,

I am returning red eggs at toa payoh shuang lin shi this sat 21sep 12noon.

I conceived after taking red eggs fr a returning couple. Hence I am doing the same to bless more couples.

If u r interested, see you on sat.

Hi rainbowsweet and saru

Thanks for the encouragement. Today is 10dpiui and still nothing. Guess I have to wait for my AF to come. Looks like have to proceed with IVF...the doc diagnosed me with PCOS but I only produced 1 18mm follicle this month on 225 unit of gonal f ...my body is just so strange ...

Good luck to u santhiya :)
Thanks Tinga..
Did my second scan today..have 7 follicles size between 17.5mm to 20mm and 6 follicles between 13mm to 16.5mm at right side.. Left side had 5 follicles between size 8mm to 16.5mm... And my lining has now increased to 11.1 triple stripe... Feeling confident now..will be going for ER on Thursday... Hope to have good embryos to BFP.. :D

Hi rainbowsweet and saru

Thanks for the encouragement. Today is 10dpiui and still nothing. Guess I have to wait for my AF to come. Looks like have to proceed with IVF...the doc diagnosed me with PCOS but I only produced 1 18mm follicle this month on 225 unit of gonal f ...my body is just so strange ...

hi celsham..hmm..u never know..as long as AF not here, let's keep hoping ok!!!

Hi ladies,

Can i check how much do u all spend on the jab itself?

I had my SO-IUI done with Dr Ben Tham at TMC this Apr and BFP but later mscarriage at 22w.

I was referred to KKH when i was prematurely dilated to Dr June Tan by Dr Tham. I went back for the review with Dr Tan, she refer me to KKH Dr Tan Heng Hao.

I am wondering if there will be any price different if i were to go KKH and TMC. I need a highe dose of jab compare to normal lady. My ovaries are very stubborn.

To see Dr Tan Heng Hao, we also need to pay private price right?

Any done SO-IUI at KKH with Dr Tan HH before?

Hi ladies,

I have some extra/leftover medicines to let go. Please pm if keen

1) Dostinex/Cabergoline 0.5mg - 4 & 1/2 tablets Exp: 04/2014

2) Metformin 500mg - 25tablets Exp 07/2014

3) Progynova 2mg - 16tablets Exp: 06/2017

4) Estradem MX 50 - 1pc Exp 05/2014

5) Conceive Well Gold - for 11days Exp Nov/2013

6) Red Raspberry Leaves 450mg x 100capsules ( 1 unopened bottle & 1 about 85% left over ) Exp: 04/2018 & 03/2018

7) BD Ultra Fine II 1cc Insulin Syringe - 8 pcs

8) Organic Raspberry Leaf - 12 wrapped tea bags Exp 10/2015

9) Immunocal - 22 pouches Exp 02/2015

10) Crinone - 5 sticks Exp 07/10/2015 for 3, 20/02/2014 for 2

Hi ladies
i'm new here.. had went through 4 cycles of clomid & got no results.. for the past 1.5years my period did not come on its own & it's all induce through gynae :(
got frustrated after trying for almost 2 years & have decided to give IUI a try.. but I've some questions hoping that someone can advise?

Basically, I will be on duphaston for 10days to induce my period. After period Day 2 - 5 take clomid, Day 4 - 9 injection & then monitor n adjust accordingly.
1) Full payment for the IUI to be made after the procedure or every trip to gynae? cos I'm trying to see if I can claim the bill from company like medical claim..
the clinic nurse told me during visits to gynae don't have to make payment but i'm not sure if any clinic you went to can break down the bill instead of one lump sum (eg: $2,000)?
2) understand that after menses around day 8 onwards have to go back clinic every alternate days to do the scan, roughly how many trips is needed? so that I can plan my time-off/leave
3) am I able to travel? i'm travelling during year end, not sure if it will affect anything.. by rough estimation/calculation I shld be doing the procedure around mid-dec..
4) what to expect after the gynae "trigger" the ovulation? they will insert the clean sperm in the clinic & we just wait?

thankful for all your advice.. really hope we won't be disappointed anymore, it's so demoralizing.. :(

Hi @izumi86 , Ya u dnt need to pay for the treatment on every visit. But if u are required to purchase the injectibles or medicines then that needs to be paid when u get them at pharmacy. After your iui, you can pay for your iui, sperm wash, scans etc. Not sure if u can claim cos normally fertility treatments are nt claimable. But the bill does show a breakdown. Where are u doing your iui?

For myself I went for scan on cd 7, 8,11,13,15. I was told to use OPK and if negative go for scan and inject until opk positive. But I didnt get positive until I do trigger shot even when one my follicle is already 22mm.

Regarding your travel I think u should check with the nurse or doctor. They will be able to advise u on that.

For me I went for trigger short sat night 8pm and then iui mon morning. DH gave his sperm at 8am then we just wait for it to get washed and then iui at 11. Iui procedure took less than 5 mins. You can rest there for like 10-15 mins and then go home. All the best for your iui!

hi all, I'm in a dilemma , don't know to go for IUI or straight to IVF..... been trying for 2 yrs.. currently seeing TCM at clementi and 1st apt with Dr Tan Heng Hao. Still waiting for my blood test report( 2 day of mense) before going Dr Tan next appt Dec. By that time, I got to decide IUI or IVF....
Anyone did IUI by Dr Tan HH? I know he's good in IVF but it a tough journey and I'm afraid of failure... cause my sister did twice and failed. HB is not very keen in these process, even question me why I have to go thru all these TCM, IUI or IVF.... i felt so sad when he say this ......

Hi yoyo12, I am with Dr Tan HH for ivf. All things looked good till after the embryos were transferred. It didnt worked out and can only find out when see doc next week. I think we are mentally and physically strong to handle the injections, medcinies and scans. But when the outcome doesnt turn out the way you want, it is emotionally devastating. But as the ladies in the forum had shared, the whole experience will make us stronger. It will take time but give yourself the time. Most importantly, hb's support is impt. So try to communicate with him and get him involved as much throughout (whether iui or ivf) so that he knows what you are going through.

Thanks sayap, haiz..... My Hb thinks that we are both normal, why should we go for all these, I guess he is ego lah..... anyway I still considering. As I'm in my new job for less than 1 yr, I can't take frequent leaves for scanning(my boss wont like it, during interview , she already told me that is unfair to the company if I got pregnant so fast) . So maybe IVF wasn't an option for me.... but I worried and wonder will Dr Tan HH help me with IUI (I'm on Gov subsidy) or other doctors....
Anyway... I would like to share what food did TCM Dr Tan Kian Sing asked me to avoid:
Fruits- Watemelon, Grape, Logan, Lychee
Raw meat
Vegetable : Shanghai Green (can be found @ ntuc)
Seafood: Crabs (especially steam kind)

Dr Tan KS asked me to chart my BTT every morning when I wake up. He wants to see my hormone level?

I alrdy had it removed. So now is to tiao n get ready for next cycle. Do u know usually how long to tiao? Abt 2 to 3 mths shd be ok right to start next cycle?

I'm not sure how long to tiao... maybe you go visit a TCM. Dr THH did not ask me to remove, he say its fine...

Hi @izumi86 , Ya u dnt need to pay for the treatment on every visit. But if u are required to purchase the injectibles or medicines then that needs to be paid when u get them at pharmacy. After your iui, you can pay for your iui, sperm wash, scans etc. Not sure if u can claim cos normally fertility treatments are nt claimable. But the bill does show a breakdown. Where are u doing your iui?

For myself I went for scan on cd 7, 8,11,13,15. I was told to use OPK and if negative go for scan and inject until opk positive. But I didnt get positive until I do trigger shot even when one my follicle is already 22mm.

Regarding your travel I think u should check with the nurse or doctor. They will be able to advise u on that.

For me I went for trigger short sat night 8pm and then iui mon morning. DH gave his sperm at 8am then we just wait for it to get washed and then iui at 11. Iui procedure took less than 5 mins. You can rest there for like 10-15 mins and then go home. All the best for your iui!

Hi @aquamarine10 thanks for sharing! i'm with dr Irene chua. just had my first dosage of purgeon today. was not informed about OPK & forgotten to ask just now. that can be purchased at watsons/guardian right? is it necessary to buy that to test? I will be going back this Thursday for a scan to see how i'm reacting to the current dosage (was given the lowest to start with).

What is the ideal number of follicles & lining to proceed with IUI??

I hope everything goes well & able to proceed with the iui procedure & get a BFP!! *crossing fingers*

Hi izumi, Baby Dust to you! Can I check if you are taking many leaves for the scan? And are you using CPF to pay for the whole process?

Hi there! I have a new box of GONAL - F 1050 IU/1.75ml brought from my gynae in Oct . Due to some family planning, we decided to cancelled our IUI plan. If you or know anyone required GONAL-F, pls email me at [email protected]. Thanks.

Hi @izumi86, yes u can opk kit at guardian or watsons. I bought mine on ebay. Will take much longer time to be delivered though.
I think its not the number of follicle they look at. They see the growth of it. Ideally if your follicle is already 18mm they will arrange for your iui. Ideal lining is 9-10mm. Baby dust to u.
Hi @yoyo12 for iui I just took time off for scans. Every appt took abt 2 hrs. Iui they will give mc. As for medisaave I didn't use so to keep it for ivf in case I need.

Hi @yoyo12 thanks! mainly I took time-off / got the clinic to issue me mc.. did not use medisave as well, will be paying by cash

Thanks, @aquamarine10! i'm scheduled to go for the implantation tomorrow.. hope everything goes well, the last appointment there's 1-2 "good looking" follicles.. hopefully there will be more by tomorrow.. crossing my fingers & toes hard!

Back