IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi vanilla

But when I asked my doc how many days of mc was given for iui, I wan told max only during the day he did the treatment, he din mention about the 2ww Lei, I m confused

Hi nervous babe,

For IUI, MC is only given for the day of IUI procedure.. As there's no invasive procedure and it's pretty similar to trying naturally, there isn't a need to really be on leave for the whole 2 weeks while waiting for the result.. You can go on with your usual daily activities, but of cos we'll normally try to take it easy during this period.. Hope this helps
happy.gif

Nervous: 1 day? My Gyane wanna said: 'ok all done. Give u 2 days mc enough?' I was like no need mc la. I'm a insurance agent so mc also no use.. Lol.. So I jus told him I don't need mc..

As for the 2 weeks wait. It's just a waiting time to know if preg or not. So no need mc de la.. Haha.. Activity just As per normal. I went for a badminton jus now but only played 1 game cuz I felt tired.. Haha.. So 2 hrs I only played like 20mins.. LOL..

Yup.. Baby dust to all of us!!

Sprinkle the baby dust all over me please.. Hahaha.. =D

Hey ladies,

Jus wondering after iui do you girls feel this lower abdominal pain when peeing.

I had this discomfort, pain or pressure when peeing after the iui. I tested for uti but it wasn't.

I'm wondering if it is normal.

It's like when u relax and pee it should be a very nice feeling but now I felt like peeing is a chore.. When I relax I felt the pressure or pain..

I certainly hope it's not any infection.. It makes me worried. I google and some say it's normal as they feel e same.

But I wanted to hear more from you girls to give me more assurance..
happy.gif

Got it now, thanks min 81 & vanilla.
How many times do we need to visit the clinic for iui?
Also need to go back to measure the growth of follicles?

Hi nervous babe,

Is yours natural IUI with no meds at all? You are under prof wong right? How many visits you make for the scans will depend on the growth of your follicles.. 1st scan will usually start on CD12.. For my 1st IUI, i had one scan on CD12 and follicle was ready for trigger.. The trigger jab was administered that evening and I went back for the procedure 2 days later.. For my 2nd IUI, i had to go for 3 scans on alternate days starting CD12 before my follicle was ready..

Nervous babe,

Have you had all your blood tests done and reviewed by prof? If there's no issue with you and hubby, Prof will usually suggest a natural IUI first.. That means no stimulation phase at all, only need to go for scan and do IUI based on your natural cycle.. But if you're not able to ovulate on your own, SO-IUI may be suggested.. Injections will be used for stimulation of your follicles.. However, the process is not as tedious as IVF and the dosage of stimulation meds will be lower as well..

Hi ladies,

good monday morning to all... Just quietly following this thread. 7dpiui today, not experiencing anything special except bloatedness and acne, which I believe are caused by duphaston. Beta testing scheduled on 3/5 if no menses by then.

Seems like many of us in 2ww now, all the best to all!

Jo: me too.. Not much feeling... Jus feeling the pain when I pee on the both sides of the ovaries.. Not sure what's wrong..

U felt that after ur iui? I had this feeling since on e day of iui... Like a few hours After iui...

Hei gals, is my 10dpiui. . Dont feel much too. . Scheduled for beta test next tues! Bb dust to all! Hope all our aunties don't visit us this time! Haa . . Take care!

yukimi & jo: both of u girls are schedule for a blood test on 18dpiui leh.. haha.. If like another 5-6 days nv come, very high chance have le lo.. =D

Hopefully, like you girls said the stupid aunties can all book a europe or tour around the world trip for the next 9 months... LOL..

Only come back 9 months later.. I paid for her tour packages liao leh... I spent so much lo... Just for her to go gai gai... So she better jolly well go "GAI" lo... haha..

Shoo Shoo Shoo... =D

haa vanilla.. you are so funny...

Yup hope all our aunties go Europe together for the next 9 months haaa..! Visit us later haa..

Yup is KKH SOP to test beta test on 18 DPIUI..

All the best to all of us! Lotsa BB Dust...!

haha Vanilla, you're very cute! yes I also wish auntie will not visit, am taking duphaston right now, been given 19 days dosage, from what I understand, it will delay our menses. I did feel some cramps in abdomen, not sure if it's ovaries or uterus, but now no longer much feeling...

Hi
Anyone know if can use balance puregon (opened) in next cycle (next month)? Thinking not to waste the balance if this cycle failed.touch wood!!!

Hi MoreBBs,

did your doctor recommend another round of SO-IUI in the very next cycle? Mine recommends we skip a cycle and try in the following one. You might want to check with the IVF centre about it
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

Need advise. If hubby sperm count low and weak, is SO-IUI gng to work? Or SO-IUI only gd to try if no ovulation? Tried IUI twice few yrs bk but no luck so thought of gng IVF directly but the cost too high. But heard SO-IUI no use on me if hubby sperm count low since it helps more for woman to ovulate.

Happy blossom: I think it's both in IUI; meaning woman have to ovulate and sperms has to be good. SO helps a woman to ovulate and IUI means sperms needs to be able to fertilize it. For IVF, if u go to govt hosp, u can use both Medisave and govt co-fund and it will be ok. cost is about 8-14k, depending on how much stimulation drug is needed and this depends on how u respond to the drug. All the best!

Happyblosson, men's sperm count and quality tends to change over time as well, not sure how many SAs your husband has been through? But I do feel the best person to give you advise is still a fertility doctor, they will be able to look at your test results, and let you know the treatment that gives you the best chance of conception, it could be SO-IUI, IVF or ICSI. Don't worry too much about what treatment you should be using, the more important thing is going to a doctor you can trust.

Hi Jo, becos I left much puregon fr this current cycle n not pin much hope, so thinking if can use in very next cycle to save some $, lol

Hi more bbs, I have left over puregon too. My re says can keep for 1 month if left in fridge. So should be able to use for next cycle if is within a mth.

Happy blossom: yup think the best person to consult will be your re. With the recent increase in govt subsidy for ivf, the cost of ivf is more manageable too.

Hi ladies! those on 2ww and those that going to iui soon. I wish you a lot a lot of follicle dust and baby dust!

I have been down with tonsil infection. Last saturday went to gynae, and the scans result only show gestational sac. I am so scared like hell. I told hubby don't make appointment too early T_T well 4 may need to go back for another scan, and i think i am dying in waiting. Worse than 2ww.

He he, don't know why i feel much comfortable posting here compare to post on December 2013 forum.

Cleo: what is tonsil infection?

How far along are you now? If less den 6 weeks seeing a sac is normal. Some even 8 weeks also can't see hb but bb alright..

Don't think so much ya.. Everything is gonna be alright!!

Grabbing lots of baby dust from u!!! Am 6dpiui today!! Hopefully it's gonna be bfp this month!!
happy.gif

Hei gers... need your opinion... I saw light brown discharge just now.. Damn scared and heart drop when I saw this.. Went on to test HPT... If not, i cant zzzz...suprisingly is a BFP..

Is already 14 days past my trigger shot...12 days past IUI.. is this BFP accurate? But why am i having this brown discharge...?

thanks for reply ladies.

doc actually advised me to go for so-iui for 3 times at least b4 ivf but i was thinking if so-iui no use for hubby low sperm count then might as well save the money n go for ivf directly?

hubby went re-test again few mths bk n results was much worse then b4...haiz....now i really dunno what to do since we already TTC for 5 yrs!

so-iui cost abt 2k as per wat my kkh doc mentioned....i dun mind to go for it but now my gf told me if hubby sperm count low so-iui will not be successful for me...so i m super sad with no hope

Yukimi: I thk high chances it's bfp!! Congrats!! Hopefully the baby dust can continue in this thread!!

Sprinkle you girls de baby dust on me ba!! LOL... I need it very badly!! HAha.. I'm 6dpiui le lo.. Haha... =D

Anyway, regarding e brown discharge, maybe u can call up ur Gyane clinic and ask them about it? I thk their advice would be more pro ba... Don't worry ya!! Things will be fine!!

Happy: I thk maybe u can seek 2nd opinion or u can voice out to ur Gyane regarding ur concern.

cleo: im with dr khong too! always waited a long time but seen him like less than 5 mins. hubby always purposely talk to him to drag his time. he asked me to went thru a lot of test n surgery for abt 1 yr now like u said he cycle n cycle process.

now he advise i go for so-iui at least 3 timese b4 ivf but my worry is hubby sperm count low so whether to spend $ on so-iui anot cos dr khong always talk so fast and short.

btw...is dr khong the one who do so-iui for u?

WOW Yukimi! Congrats! it should be accurate. And the brown discharge is usually the implantation bleeding. How strong is the positive line? Ha ha you must be anxious for the blood test, cause after that it will be official plus stamp chop. If your discharge is not stopping or getting darker, you might want to check on your gynae or go to kk 24 clinic for a piece of mind. Once again congrats!

@VaNiLLa: tonsil infection, tonsil is the 2 round lump thing on the throat there. My case, my tonsil is already big than average people, they act as the guys at the front row battle. Instead of having common flu and common ailment. My tonsil will act up first lol. Everytime i got tonsil infection i always want to do the tonsillectomy (removing the tonsil) but after i recover i forgot about it. Hubby saying that i keep repeating broken records for years. He he... cause i scared the risk is higher in adult compare to child tonsillectomy.

When i went first time for scanning is on last saturday 20 april, i was only 5 weeks+. Yes i hope everything will be alright as well >.<

6dpiui, 1 week to go can try hpt if you curious lol! baby dust!

@Happyblossom: if your husband sa result getting worse despite of treatment (eating supplement) i think your best bet it to go ivf route. Cause SO-IUI is only injectibles on the women side. Making you ovulation with a healthy egg. Maybe your gynae thought that healthy egg can make the sperm easier to penetrate it (i don't know lol) but if i am not wrong 3x so-iui before ivf is a standard practice to treat the infertility. The gynae on kk also send me for SO-IUI for 3 cycle before i can go to IVF route. But if the problem lies on male fertility i think ifv is the best route. Also you mentioned you tried iui before and failed. Good luck ttcing.

Vanilla: haiz.. worried... the positive line is pretty faint... but tested early and tested at night... but also worried it is due to remaining hcg due to trigger.. is all about waiting game here.. nothing is confirmed yet..
sad.gif
..will test it tml morning again... hope i can zzz well tonight

Yup will give a call to enquire tml... see if i should increase my duphaston to 2 tablets..:p

Happy: There's a lot of factors actually. 1st is age 2nd is your ovarian reserve. If your age is catching up (e.g 35), good to go ivf early. Higher success rate at early age. But if you are young, can still afford to try iui a few times.

Ovarian reserve is measured by AMH. If is low, no point trying for so many IUIs as this will only stretch your reserve.

Agree with Vanilla to seek for 2nd opinion...

BB dusts to all.. hope god can bless all of us with our long awaited bbs...!

@Happyblossom: oh i was typing and you posted a new one
happy.gif

Yeah... dr khong the flash gynae. I swear he goes round and about before decided to send me for SO-IUI. I think if took me half year before i got green light for SO-IUI. But luckily for our case, my hubby sperm is normal, so the problem is only with me can't ovulate. I think you can request for ivf, my suggestion to skip the SO-IUI. I also told dr khong that, i didn't want to eat clomid anymore cause it doesn't work for me.

No the one who do the scans is the technician, the one who do the scans review is medical officer (who changing on a few days basis) and the one who do the iui is any medical officer who are free that time lol. Well it because we pay the subsidy rate i think? Then if you got pregnant they will refer you back to the gynae who send you. Like my case they made appointment for me to see dr khong, i didn't went though.

Cleo and Vanilla.. dont congrats me yet.. it is not confirmed...
sad.gif
.. maybe due to my remaining trigger (paranoid) so worried about my discharge now..

Cleo wish you all the best in 9 mths pregnancy! Take care of your tonsile infection...!

Hi girls tested in the morning! The positive line is much darker now! But still got brown spotting. Will call Kkivf later. Bb dusts to all!

Yukimi: congrats!!! Pls sprinkle your baby dust All over me!! Haha...

Cleo: I see... Hope u recover soon..
happy.gif

Twinkle: hops u can sprinkle baby dust on me!!!
happy.gif

Congratulations Yukimi! Excellent news to start the day! Hope I would be able to join you and make the announcement soon. It's 10dpiui today and hubby and I are taking a trip this Sat, a mission trip that I've been wanting to take for a long time, my Beta test still a long time away (next Fri). Now just feel super bloated and lotsa gas and abit of heartburn this morning but at this point, I don't even know if there's any implantation yet so just taking things one step a time... Hope there'll be an explosion of baby dust here!!

Congrats again Yukimi! this time for sure it is a BFP! They said its normal so don't worry too much. as long as it was not fresh blood i think. Also you still taking duphaston right? so it should be alright!

Good luck on your iui cycle twinkle.

VaNiLLa, MoreBBs, jo78 and other ladies on 2ww baby dust explosion for all of you!

Cleo: packing them into my luggage and oPen them this coming sun!! Keke...

I don't think I can wait so long till 12dpiui to test. I'll test on 10dpiui instead.. Haha...

Wish me lots of baby dust girls!!!

But I thk Jo will be testin first right?? Haha.. Waiting for ur baby dust with another luggage bag, big big one!! LOL

Thanks girls! I'm really glad to have you girls in this journey with me! Hope more good news will flow in soon! Jo you are having very positive symptoms! All the best for your test next Friday!

Yup vanilla is really excited! Update us the results when u test at 10dpiui.

Bb dust explosion here!!

Morebb: no eh.. Dont have those very distinct kind...

I rmb when i had my 1st born, I feel the implantation cramp which is like af cramp and aching on my thigh. About 6-8dpo. But now, totally nothing... Haha...

So........... I feel not so high hope... But 1 day nb see red still got chance... Haha.. But my temp also not so high... Always so close to e cover line... Lol...

I also don't kno when I Oed cuz I nb felt e I cramp this time, maybe I Oed during I'm sleeping.. Haha.. I usually will feel e cramp.. Very distinct kind de.. 100% plus guarantee kind.. Haha..

So throw a lot of baby dust on me!!! =D

eh? 10dpiui can test liao? It's my 10dpiui today! But I'll skip testing this early, for fear of getting BFN and wasting my expensive Clearblue HPT.

Also due to my previous exp of BFP HPT and no sac found (Doc called it a chemical pregnancy), I would rather wait till 18dpiui for the blood test which means Vanilla will get your BFP before me!

Trying to overanalyze the symptoms are driving me crazy, and my menses won't come anyway because of the Duphaston. If I change my mind, I think I will test when I return from Thailand on 1/5... Hoping to hear more positive news over the weekend, although I won't be logging in until middle of next week!

Jo: ya.. That time I test pos at the night of 10dpo.. It's a very obvious positive le.. Not faint kind.. Haha..

I not using cb, I using those cheap de. Only use cb to confirm.. Haha..

Hopfully I'll be able to spread baby dust as well!!
happy.gif

Yukimi: Haiz.. I lost my boy at 25 weeks due to placenta abruption. Details I don't want to go into it cuz its very long.. I'm very long winded so I'll start from the start.. Lol..

In short it just happen so fast when I reached kk they already cannot detect my boy's hb. I had to have birth naturally to my boy.

Worst thing. I went thru a normal pregnancy would have de labour and all pains. I can't even have a birth cert of my boy. Or a death cert. in sg, to have a birth cert baby has to be 28 weeks at birth... I was like wtf??!!! So till now I also very upset by this stupid rules... :~(

So ya lo.. My boy was born on 3rd Feb 2012, named Castiel Tan Lele, weighing only 776g. A dragon baby which everyone wanted so badly. I had it but lost it the moment I had him. Haizzz.. It's been more then a year and I had not lay a single egg.. Haiz...

To make things worst, my cousin had his 3rd child on the exact same day this year which happens to be last day cut off day for a dragon baby. I was like WTH??!! Why god has to be so cruel to me??!!! Losing my son is not enough and I had to face another child who shares the same bday as my lost son??!!! I don't hate that child but I really can't bring myself to accept that child with a open heart or arms.. Perhps this is my thinking for now. Maybe when u have another baby my thinking will change ba.. But for now I still have my stand and still thinking that god is very mean and cruel to me... Among all days, 364 days to choose, have to be that 36'5' day....

Haiz... Ya.. So that's my story of my first born.. Haha...

I still think no one understand how badly I wanted to get preg and hold my baby in my arms for so long le lo.. Unless they have been thru it... Hee Hee.. =)

Anyway, keep rooting for u girls!!! Hoping that you girls baby dust will take effect on me.. Haha...

So tempted to test!! Keke.. =D

Omg... VaNiLLa, i feel for you
sad.gif
although i only had a missed miscarried before, but i also feel the pain of loosing (1st pregnancy) i can't even imagine the pain to go through normal labour knowing that your baby is no more. I mean i experienced very pain contractions of miscarriage but i think the feeling is still different.

And me too to date, if i see some women take their pregnancy for granted, i always envy them, like they don't have a care in this world. And yet they still can hold their healthy baby, and not realize how LUCKY they are!! with my 2nd pregnancy, i was so paranoid, and everytime to visit gynae i always stomache ache in the morning cause i was so nervous. Until now seeing my naughty boy in front of me, i never stop to be thankful for what i have. Cause he is so perfect! (although he was born with Hirschsprung's disease, but to me he is still perfect) pls google to know more about the disease lol.

TTC for 2nd baby although its different with no.1 i think the pressure is still the same, worse this time i didn't ovulate since i gave birth. I think my body really crashed after delivery. And i didn't do proper confinement cause most of the time i stay at the hospital with my son. See my son so lonely at home, i really want to give him siblings lol. Actually its my dream to have a lot of children lol.

Well this time the paranoid is still there, in fact i have this insomnia at night, hope can see bb hb on the next scan.

Have fun on your trip jo78!
MoreBBs, how many days post IUI are you? you are still on the game right?

VaNiLLa, when is your 10dpiui? i hope you will get what you hoping for all this time!

Yukimi, can't wait till saturday to get the official BFP from kk huh? get plenty of rest and don't think too much!

Baby dust to all of you ladies. And of course the sticky vibes through the 9 months as well!

I feel for you vanilla! Thanks for sharing with us. Let this bb be always in your memory! fertility journey is very tough for us. Let's be positive and look forward to our long awaited bb!

Cleo, I'm 6 dpiui, not much feel, only bloated n a lot gas after dinner, is tat a symptom too ? Lol

Vanilla, understand tat how u feel towards the other bb, even me also don't like to see other ppl bb, jealous
sad.gif

Good luck to us.

Wow Vanilla... so sorry to hear about your son. It must've been crushing to suddenly have all your hopes vanish into air overnight. But don't blame yourself, nor say things like "you haven't laid an egg", neither the miscarriage nor the wait to become pregnant your fault. It must suck to see your nephew everytime to be reminded of your unborn child, it's easy to ask you to let go but I know it's very hard to do, but ultimately, letting go will leave you with more peace of mind I feel. Anxiety to have another one to replace your loss is understandable but it's self-torture to keep thinking of things that are not meant to be. I believe your baby is in heaven... and I personally believe that's the best place to be, althought it's cruel that you're separated from him, but one day you will see him again.

Be strong and keep the happy thoughts... we are all behind you...

On a lighter note, Happy Friday ladies!!
happy.gif

Back