IUI first or straight to IVF

Ahjoah

Hi ladies,

I'm 36 this year and took a year off work for family planning. To be honest my hubby and I never really tried for a baby as I was always travelling for work.

I did multiple tests last year at NUH (including HSG) which showed all is ok. I also went for TCM treatment with Dr Tan at Clementi but stopped as it was time consuming and I thought it was pointless cos we didn't have much opportunity to try (unfortunately I was always travelling during ovulation period).

I am considering going straight for IVF instead of doing rounds of IUI (a number of my friends failed a few IUI cycles which were emotionally draining before having to go for IVF).

Any ladies skipped IUI and went straight to IVF? Should I just go through IUI first anyway since doctors said there are no issues so far? Also are there any implications with government grants for fertility treatments?

Any personal thoughts, experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Why not try 1 or 2 cycles of SO IUI first...this might help you understand your body better (if you react well to meds, if the follicles grow, if you ovulate, it gets you used to jabs)

Might be a good start as sometimes directly doing IVF could be daunting with all the jabs, meds and so on. But definitely have a plan, timeline as to when you will move on to IVF if IUI fails and check on both options at the same time so that things dont get delayed

Hi ladies,

I'm 36 this year and took a year off work for family planning. To be honest my hubby and I never really tried for a baby as I was always travelling for work.

I did multiple tests last year at NUH (including HSG) which showed all is ok. I also went for TCM treatment with Dr Tan at Clementi but stopped as it was time consuming and I thought it was pointless cos we didn't have much opportunity to try (unfortunately I was always travelling during ovulation period).

I am considering going straight for IVF instead of doing rounds of IUI (a number of my friends failed a few IUI cycles which were emotionally draining before having to go for IVF).

Any ladies skipped IUI and went straight to IVF? Should I just go through IUI first anyway since doctors said there are no issues so far? Also are there any implications with government grants for fertility treatments?

Any personal thoughts, experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hello,
Personally I think IUI is worth a shot if you haven’t tried any ART before. But definitely give yourself a cut off as to when you are going to move forward to more invasive procedures. Also know that the chances of IUI are low. I feel that it helps to go in with the right expectations. I’m 33, like you, I don’t have much of an issue but I would like to start a family soon. I started off with non medicated IUI and then SO-IUI. The latter is like a taster to the jabs I will be taking for IVF. All the best to you!

Hi ladies. Anyone of you here has gone thru IUI process miltiple times before finally successful getting pregnant? I have some questions to ask if anyone dont mind assisting.

Back