IUI at Raffles Hospital

Nadia van Dam

Hi ladies,
Just curious if anybody has experienced the IUI procedure at Raffles Hospital and if you have anything to share? I am looking into this for the first time, starting the procedure in July. I am a foreigner so not under the Singapore government plan, and my insurance doesn't cover IUI/IVF so will be paying for it personally. If you have any experiences to share, I would be most grateful to hear about it!

Hi ladies,
Just curious if anybody has experienced the IUI procedure at Raffles Hospital and if you have anything to share? I am looking into this for the first time, starting the procedure in July. I am a foreigner so not under the Singapore government plan, and my insurance doesn't cover IUI/IVF so will be paying for it personally. If you have any experiences to share, I would be most grateful to hear about it!

Hi Nadia, i did IUI twice and once Ivf at raffles hospital, all failed. how are you? was your result good?

Hi ladies,

I did at IVF at Raffles under Dr Sheila Loh. I had my son through that IVF. I must say that I was very impressed with Raffles. It's more expensive than the Public Hospitals but the confidence and experience that Dr Loh has really helped. Waiting time for appointments are shorter. Scans are done by the Dr herself. Medication is dispensed at the fertility centre. The nurses are also very helpful. Dr Loh's nurse Michelle is a gem. She will be the one accompanying the patient in the OT too.

Hi have any one tried Evie before and what’s your experience? Which of the raffles doc u guys recommend? I tried iui once before but failed so I am considering to try Evie.

Hi Hopefulgirl

I’m currently starting my 1st natural iui with Dr Sheila Loh. Did you manage to get Evie iui?

I did SO-IUI with Dr Sheila Loh at Raffles. It was not successful. And then i went to NUH to do an IUI, also not successful but i rather do it in NUH for a couple of reasons:
1. Cost - without a doubt, Raffles would be much more expensive
2. Time - most of my wait time at Raffles is an hour plus sometimes even 2. I am just not sure why their time management is so bad. It’s not like i get to talk to her for 30 minutes either, her consultations with me usually like 5 minutes
3. Attentiveness and care - during my first few appointments with Dr Loh, we discussed about my fertility problems (very irregular periods, hormonal imbalance etc) but that is all we ever do - discussion. She doesn’t do any ultrasound until i decided to stop taking her Clomid after 5 unsuccessful rounds and start SO-IUI. She doesn’t request for any bloodwork to check further on my hormones and or order scans for my uterus. She doesn’t prescribe anything or suggest anything that might improve my condition. She relied on some basic fertility test that i did a year ago which may already be invalid. Same goes for my husband, she never order any sperm test for him, only prescribed some antioxidants. His sperm result from a year ago showed mild male factor.

But the last straw was at the end of SO-IUI. When it failed, that was when she started looking at those test results that i sent her and said maybe we should do a hormone test and scan instead. I was quite upset because that was what I have been trying to get her to do right from the beginning. Anyways there was no love lost when i moved to NUH whose care is so much better.

Back