Is it ok to drink chicken essence during pregnancy? won't cause high internal heat?

missjessiebabe

I'm a 20w ftm. Many mummy friends recommend me to drink chicken essence to take care my body and baby. As I know chicken essence is kinda tonic, will it cause high internal heat or make me fatter???
I only know brand's chicken essence, do you know other brands, mummies? Any recommendation? What flavor is suitable to drink during pregnancy?

Hi, I also drinks chicken essence during my pregnancy. You can choose the brand Tian Yuan Xiang, their chicken essence is rich and tasty but low in calorie and fat. They also have some flavors of chicken essence such as 四神, 杜仲, 石斛, 空白 are suitable for pregnant mummies. I think it's gentle and won't cause internal heat. If you have any concern, better ask your gynae before drinking it.

Attachments

• 0000606.jpeg
    0000606.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 798
As for chicken essence, I just know Brands..but their essence of chicken has strange smell, I don't like it actually....
Does Tian Yuan Xiang's also have that strange smell? I'm at my 1st trim and have serious ms...is it suitable for me to drink this? I feel nauseated all the time. especially after having meals....

careful with chicken essence...moderation because baby can grow too big. you can try brew & drinking red dates tea, it helps to "create" blood and boost circulation. One of my friends never took any tonic during her pregnancies and she said the only thing she took a lot is red dates tea. she was so rosy during her pregnancies and babies were both so rosy cheeks too.

I just went to tian yuan Xiang today as well and bought the 杜仲,haven't tried it yet... maybe tmrw if I can wake up to do it before work ...
Anyone tried this before ?
I'm into 11 weeks of my pregnancy... still first trimester :/

I bought chicken essence from Eu Yan Sang and Hock Hua...the original type without herbs. They both taste the same to me. After drinking, I cannot go back to Brand's anymore because the caramel in it somehow makes it taste disgusting.

I've tried Brand's, Eu Yan Shang and Tian Yuan Xiang's chicken essence. For me, Tian Yuan Xiang's quality is the best because it's rich and delicious without any fishy smell. Eu Yan Shang's chicken essence is quite normal. The only brand I won't recommend is Brand's because of its unpleasant smell. Every time when I buy Brand's home, it will be placed for a long time as my hubby and los don't like its taste.....

@lolli_77 I also drank their 杜仲 flavor during pregnancy. It's really tasty and I did feel the effects after taking everyday!

I've tried all of them and tian yuan xiang tastes really good and effective. just kinda expensive....
any mummy here wants to get bulk selling price with me together?

I am using Eu Yan Sang now and also bought the new black chicken concentrated Essence which is better. I take every alternate day.

I don't know why would anyone take Brand’s! It's not even 100% chicken Essence!

I used to drink eu yan sang but now I drink tian yuan xiang becus lots of my friends recommend this brand to me, and I also found this is a famous brand both in Taiwan and Hong Kong. I also bought chicken essence with american ginseng for my hubby to boost his qi and energy. He really likes the taste of tian yuan xiang.

I made my own chicken essence using kampong chicken. It's not that difficult to make, you can try. Just need to roughly smash the chicken meat and bones so that it yields more essence :)

I made my own chicken essence using kampong chicken. It's not that difficult to make, you can try. Just need to roughly smash the chicken meat and bones so that it yields more essence :)

yes good tip, I tried it too, taste yummy with pinch of salt. Wondering if it is ok to take it once a week during the first trimester?

Attachments

• B94394B9-27F0-43A0-BA82-56332CB70DFE.jpeg
    B94394B9-27F0-43A0-BA82-56332CB70DFE.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 199
  • C24144C2-E5CA-4A41-81C5-CD4EF078C283.jpeg
    C24144C2-E5CA-4A41-81C5-CD4EF078C283.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 186
  • DC615504-EC26-4F5B-AF07-E008853800B6.jpeg
    DC615504-EC26-4F5B-AF07-E008853800B6.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 186
Recently I've tried this Yudian Chicken essence and the taste was really delicious and the richness of it is really pure... I think I am only sticking to this chicken essence because I've tried a lot of chicken essence and Im really not into the taste of it maybe because of my pregnancy taste more stronger and I also found out that some of the brands include other ingredients on it and I don't like it i just want pure chicken... and I am too lazy to make for my own...

Back