Is it me? Lost hope in getting pregnant..help please

mdmman

I have been trying for almost 3 years now. Had 2 IUI and failed. The only diagnose is high FSH of 14. All test clear, no other problems down south. Tried traditional massage, tried IUI, tried alternative acupunture for half a year now, no BFP. DH has 0% progressive sperm. Does progressive sperm play a part? Does FSH really matter?

I'm totally depressed and has ran out of ideas on how to get pregnant. Need help and need ideas on what other means I should go for. Read on IVF but got scared over recent news on IVF mix-up. Trying to stay positive though.. Any recommendations of the best fertility docs?

hello mdmman, I may have a solution for you...this is very exciting as it involves resetting your genes activity to a youth ful activity! This is the latest technology recently launched in US. But dont worry as it uses natural products like ginseng, promengranate and cordyceps in the right proportion (scientifically proven) to affect 52 genes that will affect our mitochondria activities..have heard of one successful case with a couple who have tried for 4 years. I'm really excited abt this new technology and I hope it will help you and your husband too!

Thanks for the replies.

Hi starry, do you have any information or links about the product? Is it medicinal or is it a machine? What does it do?

Hi cos mum, yes I did. Most times we did hit the right time but there are times we didnt as husband is away.

I'm very depressed and lost hope. I really dont know what else to do apart from just praying.

Hi mdmman, this technology was once featured in BBC. there are also a lot of sharing over youtube. Science is so advance that we now are able to quantify and measure the activity level of our genes, thereby making resetting them possible. This is through more than 30 years of research by scientists frm lifegen technology, nuskin enterprise, stanford university and hundreds other scientists worldwide. This is real...
This is just a supplement with the ingredients I've mentioned earlier. I've received great comments from friends and family who has tried.

To me, since this is a food product that is proven safe and effective, I will definitely give it a try if I'm you being depressed and hoping for a miracle....
This may be your prayers answered. I usually don't frequent this forum too, I just chanced upon your post and i remember that one friend shared with me abt her story of this couple who has tried and conceive..This is another simple act on your part, the rest is really God's will!

Try it as a couple and give yourself time, probably 3 mths..if you can reverse ourselves to our youth...hmm the imagination is wide!
You may want to take a look at this link(read with an open mind)
http://www.ageloc.com/ageloc/en-US/ageloc_science/ageloc_nutritionals_science.html

Thanks Starry, I will sure to read it in detail. Appreciate it.

Anyway, can we in Singapore purchase it too?

Sure thanks. I will read it over the weekend and will talk to DH about it. Are you also trying to conceive?

I have two kids already...hehe. Take ageLOC for the effect on vitality, It helps with overall energy as well as mental alertness.Recently let a friend tried as she is taking her masters( in her 40s). She finds tht she is not that lethargic and can absorb more stuff into her brain! Isn't that wonderful?

Hi mdmman,

Like what u have mentioned above, u might wanna try embarking on ivf. Just to share that I tried taking clomid, 1 round of iui and 2 rounds of so- iui and all failed. Tests showed that there were both female and male factors involved. My DH soldiers were not plentiful and strong enuff while like u, my FSH result is high at 17 ie aging ovarian reserve. We embarked on ivf/ icsi recently and while nothing is certain until the day I have my baby in my arms, I m in my early stages of pregnancy.

Coz of my high fsh, my gynae was upfront that even with the max dosage of stimulating drugs (jabs), I will not yield many eggs. Age and quality of the eggs becomes impt since I will not have the qty. I was on growth hormone jabs as well for more than a month before eggs retrieval to improve the egg quality. Btw, m 32 this yr.

Let me know if u need recommendation to my RE. I will PM his details to u. U may also wanna read up more from the ivf support thread about the process and experiences some of the ladies are going thru to prepare yourself if u so decide to embark on this! Good luck and dun give up hope!!! HVe faith that miracles do happen!!
happy.gif

Hi Val,

Thank you so much for sharing. I will be 32 this year too. I heard that if you take the jabs, with high FSH it will not help. Plus the story of the baby mix up in Thomson kind of scare me.

How many eggs did your doc manage to retrieve from you since your FSH is high?

I though of going au naturale but it seems that it is not happening and I lost hope in trying anymore. As ivf is out of the question because I'm afraid after the story came out.

Even so, I also read up that over stimulation may rupture your ovaries. I want to try but yet I am afraid.

Yes, can you please PM me you RE details.

Hi mdmman,

With high FSH, the stim jabs (perhaps higher dosage compared to most ladies) will still be able work stimulate your ovaries for more eggs but dun expect alot of eggs. And for your reference, I was on a daily cocktail of 400u puregon & 150u menopur which yielded only 3 follicles. I retrieved 3 follicles, 2 successfully fertilized and while both implanted, only 1 managed to survive on. I m now pregnant with a singleton.

As for ivf, with the recent news, I believe the ivf centers in Singapore are now safer than before with the audits and checks put in place regardless which centre. Again, that's my personal opinion. What I did too before I embarked on which lab to use (coz my RE does ivf in 2 centers) was to request for an appt with the centre's staff to speak to them and look at how comfortable I m with the chief embroylogist, the nurses as well as the processes and facilities. I chose mount e fertility centre in the end.

While I can't promise that ivf will be the solution but u got to assess if that's your next best option to achieve your goal. For me, my hubby was hesitant to embark on ivf coz it's a tough journey for the couple especially on the wife and it's really worried about the financial strain as well as my health. But for me, it's about exhausting the options available before I raise the white flag and call it quits. We have the advantage of age to our benefit so dun let time pass u by.
happy.gif

I will not paint a rosy picture to u and say that ivf is a breeze. For some ladies, they have tried more than once but have yet to be successful. Of coz, there are some lucky ones who managed to conceived at their first go. Each individual is different.

My RE is Dr CT Yeong from Tow Yung Clinic at Tanglin shopping centre. Clinic number: 67374433.

Btw, AMH is a better measure of aging ovaries but the results should tally up. Low AMH corresponds to high FSH which is also true in my case. I did not try but I read from the web that wheatgrass helps in lowering FSH so u might wanna give it a go? Like I mentioned, I was on growth hormone jabs to attempt tp improve quality of the eggs and my hubby and I went for acupuncture 2-3 times a week for a period of 2-3 months before the egg retrieval.

Phew! Long post but I m sharing what I did and know and hopefully that helps to provide u and other ladies some insights and the courage to fight for your dream.

I wish u all the best babe! Time is impt! Dun let it slip away! ;)

Hi mdmman, IVF is an option for most people, but despite all the attemps, wouldn't it be better if your body is physically ready to accept the growing foetus? I have many friends younger than you and they have tried IVF a couple of time but when its successful, they suffer a miscarriage. Its all abt our health as well. If we are physically healthy, enough nutrition for ourselves, then the growing foetus will not be a threat for us, otherwise it will be a natural process to 'get rid' of the threat. SO, my advise, even if you decide to try IVF, both you and hubby must get physically prepared, be healthy. The vitality is a good option. I used to recommend more supplements for my clients, btw, I'm a pharmacist by profession.

Hi mdmman, I've got some clinical papers forwarded to me by my doctor friend on ageloc vitality...can you PM me and i will forward you the papers!! its so exciting!we can all be in charge of looking and feeling youthful!

Hi mdmman,
My friend also can't get pregnant until they came across a Japan product. It's not oral medication or any painful surgery. If you keen to know more, pls PM me. Thanks
happy.gif

Hi mdmman,

I know how you feel. I hv been married for 11 years. I only got pregnant 10 years after we got married. My bb is 6 mths old now.
I hv visited KK, GE, Mt.A, TCM. hv done iui, ivf but all fails.

I have decided to adopt baby last year, then one of my friend who also got married for 11 years contacted us that his wife just gave birth. He told us to try 1 more time before opt for adoption. He recommended his gynae to us. Who knows his gynae is one of the gynae who hv visited 7 years ago. We stop visiting him due to his charge is very expensive & long waiting time. I can pm you the gynae name & its worth tyring to consult him. btw, my pregnacy is normal pregnancy not ivf/ iui.

Hi all,

Thank you for all your views. It's been nice reading and understanding everything about the painful journey of fertility. It's hard to swallow.

Val Lee, I have been also taking wheatgrass just went for a blood test last Monday. Have not been active as I had my menses and it killed my mood entirely. I do take supplements as well to boost my health. I will keep the RE contact details in case we decide to go.

IVF is in our list but I'm still unsure if I can take the journey. I think I will try to be strong emotionally n mentally before I can go ahead with it.

As for now, I am just praying a lot. I quit my job too so that I can be less stress free. I hope it works.
happy.gif

I am so touched at the replies I get.

Hi Chelz, so happy to hear you got a normal pregnancy. I would totally love a normal pregnancy too.

Thanks trusting HIM, I shall read the link.

My heart still sinks but I am trying to be strong. Today is last day of menses. I hope a miracle from God will happen soon for me.

Hi Mdmman, just wanted to say that i really salute you for the efforts you have made to have a baby. It is not easy even going through IUI procedures.

My hub had very bad sperm results. So he went to see a urologist for treatment. Turns out he has an infection. Has ur hubby seen a urologist?

I know how you feel. I too tried to conceive for nearly two years now. I had a miscarriage recently at 12 wks. Morale is very low. Praying hard for a miracle too....

Anyway, I feel that perhaps a urologist can help to diagnose the male side.

Hi, if you believe in taking nutritional supplements to improve you and your partner's overall health which will help to increase your chances of getting and staying pregnant, please email me at [email protected].

I can share with you the vitamins and minerals that are effective in re-balancing your hormones and improving sperm production and mobility.

Hi everyone, i have since quit my job and went on a holiday for the whole month in march. My last post was in feb and i totally gave up.

After having so much fun with dh in march im starting new job in april which is suppose to be less stressful. To my surprise it was the same stress. Towards end of april, i was already in so much stress and my back hurts a lot. My menses came in spotting period for about a week.

I decided to see my gynae the day i tendered cos the pain was unbearable. To my surprise and God's wonder, i was pregnant without realising it. I was so thankful that i need not go for ivf. Thank you everybody for the support.

I believe that putting my faith in God and praying to him helped me the most.

Once again, thank you everyone. I am just praying for my pregnancy to be smooth until birth. A million thanks to the Creator.

Back