Insurance for expat mums delivering IVF twins in Singapore

Nam

Hi there,

I am expecting my twins through IVF in May 15. Does anybody know of suitable insurance coverage that would cover cost of neonatal ? I already have a policy from GE (taken through KKH) that provides some benefit ($150 for level 2 and $300 for level 3). Is there any other policy that I can add on. I m told that the cost of neonatal in the absence of subsidy for foreigners can be exorbitant and the existing policy may cover only a small part of it .

Is there anyone will similar experience delivering in Singapore and can share information on the expected cost ? Much appreciate your help.

Hi there,

I am expecting my twins through IVF in May 15. Does anybody know of suitable insurance coverage that would cover cost of neonatal ? I already have a policy from GE (taken through KKH) that provides some benefit ($150 for level 2 and $300 for level 3). Is there any other policy that I can add on. I m told that the cost of neonatal in the absence of subsidy for foreigners can be exorbitant and the existing policy may cover only a small part of it .

Is there anyone will similar experience delivering in Singapore and can share information on the expected cost ? Much appreciate your help.
i doubt there is any other insurance policy available (as it is, even for us locals, there are no maternity insurance plans available, and the private shield medical insurance plans some people have here from GE cover only pregnancy complications like pre-eclamppsia and not NICU charges), unless you contact brokers like Mercer for maternity/neonatal insurance from companies like CIGNA. U may wish to check with an insurance broker for advice!

Last edited:
bupa-cover delivery related expenses, with excess. but need 2check if include ivf conceived babies.

axa-lump sum lik sgd5k for baby congenital disease.. covers ivf conceived babies. check their website. but comes with ILP i think...

Hi there,

you can look at some of the international insurer like Allianz but I understand their premiums are not cheap

I'm not sure if this is still useful to you. But you may want to check out Cigna. I heard they have very comprehensive coverage for pregnant ladies and newly borns.

The expats in my office are covered under Cigna.

Bupa I found is the best for pregnancy / neonatal, but it will only cover the baby after 60 days of coverage from the mother, if I recall correctly, unless mother was a member before expecting. Two options I would suggest - one is to contact Pacific Prime (wonderful insurance brokers for expats in Singapore) and they will be able to give you a free comparison across all the insurance plans available, including BUPA, Allianz, Cigna, etc etc. The other is to consider these local prenatal assurance (not insurance) packages. They pay out claims if baby is born premature, or has some of the major 'dreaded' complications, so it can assist in a small way should something go wrong with your pregnancy (which I dearly hope not!). Examples are like PruFirst Gift or AIA Family First Baby. So this won't give you full coverage, but this is one of the few options for getting coverage after you are already pregnant.

hihi, the AIA Family First Baby is a maternity pan that offers coverage for babies conceived via IVF. It doesn't cover costs of delivery but provides some cover in the event of pregnancy complications and congenital abnormalities. Will be happy to share more info with you if you like. I'm a mummy of 3 (going on 4) and a Financial Services Consultant with AIA. Can PM or call me 90027696.

Hi Nam.

Currently in the market the usual maternity insurance is usually for complications only. However GE is coming out with a brandnew and improved maternity plan end apr 2015. one of the benefits is that it actually covers the 15 day (or longer) gap of non-coverage for your other existing health plans.

I am a Michelle, mother of 1, and currently a financial planner at GE itself. I would be more than happy to assist you, you can contact me at 8102 8057. Congratulations with your bundle of joy! Wish you a smooth delivery. :)

hihi, the AIA Family First Baby is a maternity pan that offers coverage for babies conceived via IVF. It doesn't cover costs of delivery but provides some cover in the event of pregnancy complications and congenital abnormalities. Will be happy to share more info with you if you like. I'm a mummy of 3 (going on 4) and a Financial Services Consultant with AIA. Can PM or call me 90027696.

When has the insurance got to be bought? I know the normal one is after conceiving. But IVF one not sure.

Hi there,

Hi! My insurance agent is really good. He is from Great Eastern.. you can call him up to ask. He does personalized needs analysis based on your income, target etc.. He is not pushy, no hard selling. He is patience, detailed and no hard selling. He even provides me with a summary report of all my insurance policies including those not from his company. Aaron: 96433477.

Back