Install CCTV to monitor maid?

s33856

Dear mummies,

Anybody install CCTV to monitor their maid? Any if you do, do you inform your maid about it? Will the maid be more effective and cautious in their work? Please share your view. As I like to hire an experice Filipino maid to look after by 4-month old baby.

Thanks to my camera at home, found out my previous maid threw tantrum at my 2 yr old daughter and take afternoon naps! She also did not feed my children properly as she was busy starring at the tv, just simple shove the food into their mouths and fed my son rice with her fingers. So I personally feel CCTV is very important esp when you have to leave maid alone with small children.

As to the cost, there are some costing from $400 to $2000. Ours is a low cost one sourced from Funan Centre and has to be attached to the computer. It's cheap cos it's not a live feed, thus you have to check it on the computer regularly.

<font face="Book Antiqua"> I spent a total of S$1450 to install 3 CCTV camera. It can be viewed online using internet explorer & set to do motion recording.

We didn't inform our maid.. just got the contractor in to install when she's home lor. Honestly I dun see any difference in her attitude, prob she tot we cannot make do w/o her so dun really bother. I'm jus waiting to kick her out of the house</font>

Hi Jenifur

May i have the contractor contact that had done the installation for u? Is the CCTV hidden or exposed?

Thank you.

which are the area you install cctv? please advise... i am thinking of my kitchen, living room and my son's bedroom... yeap, she is sleeping in the same room as my son...

Hi...if anybody is interested in getting a camera, can PM me. I bought it with the intention of monitoring. But then, I just didnt have the time to get it fix and dun know how to either. Brand new.

For anyone who is interested in installing the CCTV system can contact this number at 9760 2180. I install at my house. 4 cameras including installation is about $1500. The reason I install it is to monitor on my maid when I am working in my office.

hi i also install 6 camera at my house which cost me around 1800 i could even see it in the office. You can contact 91809267 to find out the price and offer.

Hi anyone who wants to install cctv at home can also contact Tony at 6899 3093. He would offer you with a value-for-money deal and you can view the image at office too.

hi, don't waste your money to install camera in your house. Just get a dummy camera. it cost around $40/- and u don't even have to maintain it

I had just installed a 3 cameras CCTV cost about $1.3k, i can't view from office
sad.gif
as am not allow to download activeliv in office

Hi Jynnsan,
Unless you work in a bank or financial institution, you can actually request for a clientel software to view from your office if you computer is not allowed to download activeX in your office. You should ask from your supplier for the software.

Hi Jynnsan,
Most of the CCTV system have a clientel software for you to view thru the internet in the event that the computer that you are using have block the activeX application. You can check with you supplier.
If your supplier cannot help you, you can always let me know the model of your DVR and I will try my best to assist you.

if ur maid is looking after small bb (who can;t give u feedback), then suggest u fix the camera.

if u fix the camera, make sure its those motion activated type + infra light - else whole day recording - i;m sure u wont check it finally. (too much to see)

if u record, make sure u daily going to check, else no use to record.

if u have a camera, tell ur maid, our intent is she behaves, not catch her.

if u catch her doing something - tell her u saw. dont keep quiet, else she thought is ok, or u dont know.

if u have a big kiddo (who can give feedback), then suggest u dont do it, the stress of spying on maid is really too much........why not focus on the kiddo,and try to trust the maid.......if she break ur trust........just change......dont bear wif them.

am looking for cheap and good CCTV installation in my place for 2 reasons:
1. i suspend my maid steal money
2. i afraid maid abuse my kids (1 year old)

any contact?

Hi Von,
You can contact me at 9760 2180 if you are interested to find out regarding the cost to install the camera in your house. I will also give you a demo website to view in case you want to know how it looks like to monitor your maid online. Basically, it depends on the number of camera that you want to install.

Hi, i'm looking to install cctv at home to monitor maid too..hope can record as well as view from office.....any good recommendations without getting killed by the cost? - thanks!

My good friend's philippine maid available for hire this coming december 2009.

Rare find. Good English. 4 years in singapore already. Likes and very good with kids. Can cook.

$450 and 2 weekend off. nego maybe.

Hi, for the cctv, I have a good recommendation. http://www.microfun.sg/
I'm currently using their system. I can see my maid and my 2yrs old baby from office through this system. This system uses webcam to record and has surprisingly clear image. cos it uses webcam, it is really cheap, $98 per year. very well catered for home/shop use monitoring system.
and you do not need to dl anything in office, can see through internet. can DIY, just buy a webcam and dl their system if you're IT savvy or ask them to install also can.

I also bought microfun software at $58/y, installation is easy by myself. I can see my kids from office now even i go abroad, but you must on the computer.

If you need to install CCTV, can contact me. My Hubby does it freelance. Will not cost you alot and you can view the camera via internet.

Good day all,

Anyone interested to install surveillance systems such as CCTVs, Intercoms, Access controls and Alarms? can contact me
happy.gif

athena lee (shannii), if you have all the webcams connected to your computer, you should be able able to view them with microfun's application. The thing is you may have difficulty linking all webcams to the computer, if your house is quite big. It may be be overcome using wireless network webcams. I have not tried the latter.

Personally I feel Microfun is an easy to DIY and really affordable surveillance program to set up. Just hundred odd dollars (to S$200+ or more for more advanced web cameras) for the cams and the program, compared to a thousand for cctv.

You can PM me and i'll give you the price to fix up all those camera for you plus the DVR and PSU as well.

Hi Newmorning

thanks for replying

microfun need DIY, i find it hard for me as i am not v savvy on this kind of things.

i looking for cctv installation curently, some propose about 1600 for 4 camera made from taiwan, dunno if it is worth it.
thanks anyway

I installed cctvs in my house in two years ago. That's when my first maid started doing really really strange things. This is what warranted the need for cctvs. Indispensable.

I'm not a DIY tech person. I engaged this company that my relative used. They install for retail and companies too. 4 cams about 1400, I think. 8 cams, 2700.

His name is Bernard. So far so good. Devices ar still working. Thank God...

Actually all u need is a internet connection at home (Modem: Wifi or cable) and a IP camera.
Set up mine for less than $150. bought from challenger early tis year.
If u want, i sell u for half price as i will be sending my maid back to agency. Wife stop working next week so dont think need the IP camera anymore.
Email me at: [email protected]

Hi,

You may visit our online e-shop @ e-shop.ubscorp.sg for CCTV.

Please do feel free to contact us @ 96208536 if you have any further enquiries.

Best regards,
Mary

Im looking for a cctv system to be place at my shop. As im not always in the shop, i would like to view what is my workers doing.

After some research in the internet, there is a feature that i could view remotely from my computer or my pda with the internet.

But the only problem is that my shop did not have any internet service. How can i place this system in my shop?

If your shop doesn't have Internet it's not a problem. We have deployed various of construction sites which doesn't even have internet connection. And they are able to view it across the world. Email us if your interested. [email protected]

Hi

I'm looking at installing a cctv at home to monitor maid and to deter her from bringing men home.

Any suggestion?

Hi, anyone can provide installation of CCTV service?
Do I need to have internet connection?
Please contact me 81806300. Thanks

Back