Infertility

anvivi2012

Hi All, Anyone out there faced this issue?
I did all my check up at KK Hospital and was being informed by my doctor that my egg quality is very old (like the age of 40yrs old and above). I'm 30 years old currently. In addition, my quantity is also little. He told me i belong to the 1% of women who had difficulty conceiving and didnt really gave me any good advice. I'm seeing a chinese physician now and need to wait for my menses to arrive before he's able to prescibe medicine. My menses had all along been very irregular, sometimes skipped for a few months and this time, it's late for more than 2 months. Anyone out there faced similar issue? It seems so difficult to conceive....

Hi Vivienne,

Hmm did the KKH dr advise u on what ur next action could be? Clomid/IUI/IVF..

Irregular menses can be due to PCOS..

Hi there I would think u can take some supplements like r2 that will help to reset our cells to be younger n better quality. I used to have irregular menses n ever since I took r2 n I have since stopped my menses become regular. I heard that are couples who took it also have good news by getting pregnant! U can pm me n I can send u the details which my consultant gave me.

Hi Vivienne,
I also had PCOS, like you at age 30, my embryo quality was bad like older woman. I did 2 fresh IVF at Sgh but failed. I also tried Tcm at Amk with Dr Zou Yumin to help me ovulate. I also asked my IVF gynae for DHEA to help improve my embryo quality plus eating supplements. Just when I thought I would never conceive, I conceive naturally this Jul and now in week 22 of pregnancy. Do not despair. See a fertility gynae and Tcm, things will improve. If you doing ivf, can go to thread on Ivf for support. Good luck.

Hi Vivienne,
I shared the same story. 30s but diagnosed with low amh. Mind to share your amh result? I was told that DHEA, coq10, royal jelly, vitamin D those are fertility food to us. I just retest amh level but result only will be reviewed on 7jan13. This is after 3 months taking DHEA. But I did not follow strictly for DHEA dosage. Maybe shd followed strictly by now.

I met prof Wong in Nuh. He told me due to my low amh, we have to speed up the infertility treatment. Maybe by 35 we do not have any eggs for IVF anymore. Then egg donors or adoption will be our last resources.

Hi Prosepina,

The supplements you mentioned, do we need all of them? I am only taking Blackmore preconception vitamin now.

HI all, i just bought a bottle of DHEA 25mg from USA. Anyone has any feedback on the supplement? Tried 3 unsuccessful IUI and IVF, low egg supply due to age too... I have thin uterine lining.
Seeing TCM for so many years and different ones, but no use!! Freaking out soon and dont know what to do. Heard about DHEA and just bought but not taken yet.....

Hi ladies,
I heard R2 can helps but it will be good if both husband and wife eat it together. But supplement really v subjective to individual body. If you girls have tried many ways maybe you can try this supplement.

R2 ingredient contains codyceps, ginseng, pomegranate, grapeseed, red orange, olive leaves, broccoli seed.
No harmful chemical. It is meant to renew and recharge your body cell.

PM me know if you keen to know about it.

The Reserve supplement I'm taking has proven to be effective with cells rejuvenation. There are sharing of infertile couple conceived naturally
after hb and wife taking the supplement together. Pm me if keen.

Last edited:
Hi All, Anyone out there faced this issue?
I did all my check up at KK Hospital and was being informed by my doctor that my egg quality is very old (like the age of 40yrs old and above). I'm 30 years old currently. In addition, my quantity is also little. He told me i belong to the 1% of women who had difficulty conceiving and didnt really gave me any good advice. I'm seeing a chinese physician now and need to wait for my menses to arrive before he's able to prescibe medicine. My menses had all along been very irregular, sometimes skipped for a few months and this time, it's late for more than 2 months. Anyone out there faced similar issue? It seems so difficult to conceive....

My suggestion is always to seek second opinion for such cases before deciding on the best appropriate treatment.

Anyone heard of vitex? I'm currently taking due to irregular menses, last menses for 3-4 mths ago.

I'm having same problem as you. I can understand your feeling. I have tried everything but till now not a single bfp. Hubby suggested adoption and now doing the paperwork

Hi all! I am very new here in this forum, and prolly this is my first entry.

My husband and I have been TTC for 5 years but no luck so far, no miscarriages either. We have went for & completed all fertility checks recommended for us (blood test, ultrasound & transvaginal scan, pap smear, hsg, semen analysis) and all tests came back normal.

I guess we are categorised under "unexplained infertility"? I am not really sure.

The doc suggested us to go for SO-IUI, but we are still contemplating.

Anyone faced similar situation like us?

Any recommendations on how to conceive naturally?

Should we go for SO-IUI as recommended?

Do we need to take alot of leave to go for IUI? That's another main concern as we are both in a demanding job/shift work and it is rather tough to take leave & time off.

My husband and I have been TTC for 5 years but no luck so far, no miscarriages either. We have went for & completed all fertility checks recommended for us (blood test, ultrasound & transvaginal scan, pap smear, hsg, semen analysis) and all tests came back normal.

I guess we are categorised under "unexplained infertility"? I am not really sure.

Do we need to take alot of leave to go for IUI? That's another main concern as we are both in a demanding job/shift work and it is rather tough to take leave & time off.
I am also under the category of unexplained infertility.. I tried clomid, iui twice, ivf twice before I am recently pregnant after my 2nd ivf try... 10 yrs TTC..

You should try all options if you really want to have kids... Iui is usually one of the option.. U need to take leaves esp close to the ovulation period. The doc need to scan for the follicle size and determine the best time to put in the sperm.

Got do karyotype? (it wasn't listed so just checking!)

Hi ladies

I’ve just returned 400 red eggs this morning to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang for blessing me a pair of twins. Spreading the baby dust!!

1) Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Miao (Siong Lim Temple, part of Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery)

184 Jalan Toa Payoh
Phone: 6259 5292
Opening hours: 8am – 5pm

2) Giok Hong Tian Temple (Yu Huang Dian)

495 Havelock Road
Phone: 6733 5727
Opening hours: 7am – 5pm

Back