Indo domestic helper

xorion

Dear mummies, I live in a 4-rm HDB with a 6 month old baby, planning to get a indo helper as I’m planning to get back to work in Nov 2018. Was told by the agency the following, wondering if it’s accurate?

Monthly pay: $550 (agency package around $2.5K) for a 24 year old with 3 years indo experience.

By right every week must give 1 day off else compensate the day off. So we are thinking of giving a day off a month and compensate 3 days.

HP can use 1-2 hrs at night.

Dear mummies, I live in a 4-rm HDB with a 6 month old baby, planning to get a indo helper as I’m planning to get back to work in Nov 2018. Was told by the agency the following, wondering if it’s accurate?

Monthly pay: $550 (agency package around $2.5K) for a 24 year old with 3 years indo experience.

By right every week must give 1 day off else compensate the day off. So we are thinking of giving a day off a month and compensate 3 days.

Yeah.. Usually agency package is inclusive maid loan like 4-6mths. Once u pay to the agency, u need not pay the maid for that period.

Mine $620 with a day off. She dont want any off day. She get to nap when my kids nap in the afternoon too. She woke up at 5am and go in to rest at 8pm. In between she also get rest with us when we watch tv together. I allow her to use hp during kids taking nap when she dont have work to do and also after 8pm finish work. She want to play hp till 12am i dont mind as long her work still up as usual. Unless she lacking, then i will take back the hp. I told her that.

BUT!! please only allow her to hold her own hp after her probation if she do good. During probation dont give or else she will never focus work. During probation, u can allow her to call hometown like twice per month.

Yeah monthly salary sounds about right. The agency fee seems a little to the high side. You can try the maid agency i am using for comparison. Been using this agency for my past 2 helpers and everything seems ok. You can try searching for Best Helper or Best Helper Pte ltd. Not so sure what is their website.

Hi,

My high demand LO 4 months+. Currently i am thinking to get a helper for my mil so she has time to rest at day time. I am in hesitate shall i get indo or Philippine helper. I also think to let my mil back malaysia if the helper able to take care my LO without my mil. Can you share more about your thought why choose indo? Thanks :)

Yeah.. Usually agency package is inclusive maid loan like 4-6mths. Once u pay to the agency, u need not pay the maid for that period.

Mine $620 with a day off. She dont want any off day. She get to nap when my kids nap in the afternoon too. She woke up at 5am and go in to rest at 8pm. In between she also get rest with us when we watch tv together. I allow her to use hp during kids taking nap when she dont have work to do and also after 8pm finish work. She want to play hp till 12am i dont mind as long her work still up as usual. Unless she lacking, then i will take back the hp. I told her that.

BUT!! please only allow her to hold her own hp after her probation if she do good. During probation dont give or else she will never focus work. During probation, u can allow her to call hometown like twice per month.

Hi,

Can you share more how to pick a indo helper? I am planning to get a helper to take care my LO (4 months+), but my LO is a high demand baby. My mil currently is taking care at day time, she dont even has time to cook/ rest. I am still in hesitate shall i get indo or Philippine helper. My intention is after train up the helper, my mil can back malaysia and we can take care LO with the helper alone.... Tough to stay with mil... haiz

Yeah monthly salary sounds about right. The agency fee seems a little to the high side. You can try the maid agency i am using for comparison. Been using this agency for my past 2 helpers and everything seems ok. You can try searching for Best Helper or Best Helper Pte ltd. Not so sure what is their website.[/QU

Hi Sam,

Best helper located at Bukit Timah? I hope to get a reliable agency too

Hi,

Can you share more how to pick a indo helper? I am planning to get a helper to take care my LO (4 months+), but my LO is a high demand baby. My mil currently is taking care at day time, she dont even has time to cook/ rest. I am still in hesitate shall i get indo or Philippine helper. My intention is after train up the helper, my mil can back malaysia and we can take care LO with the helper alone.... Tough to stay with mil... haiz

Hi Wingwing. I feel getting a indo helper is better then a Phili one. Tried a phil helper before but they seems to be more outspoken and disobedient at times. A Indo helper is easier to train as most of the time they are more "obedient" and follows your instructions better.

Try getting a helper with some sort of experience, you do not want a helper that does not know what they are doing. How i chose my helper is that they must be a mother themselves and like kids. Try to get your agency to arrange for a phone interview so you can get to speak to the helper. Its not guaranteed they will be good but it improves your chance.

So far the helper i gotten from my agency is doing well and i feel rest assured leaving my LO with her. Anyway i gotten my helper from Best Helper, they have been very reliable and helpful in assisting me in choosing my helper. You can call my coordinator, Mr Phng (8660 5975). He has been most helpful. Good Luck!

For my new fresh helper, I only return her hp on Sun and she return me Monday morning.
If you allow her to keep her hp, pls do not give her your free wifi, otherwise she will play her hp once she is free and no heart to work.
Actually I don't recommend employers to let them keep their hp with them. Very distracting.

Back