Incompetent Cervix = Cerclage + Bed Rest

greengin

Dear all,
I was 21 weeks when i had a rescue cerclage. Was funnelling with bulging membrane. Dr managed to stitch me up and i am to remain on bed rest till delivery. I will be visiting Prof Tan on thursday, referred to by my gynae. All had been well for the 18 days.. till yesterday. I had bad cramping even as i am typing this post.

Just wana find out if anyone have advise or successful stories to share? Whether its bed rest or recovery from cerclage. What do u do at home when everyone is out at work?

Thanks in advance for any sharing.

Hi I was on bed rest also for most of my first pregnancy. Every time I go to work I get spotting. Even after my first trimester. On complete bed rest I remember moving from chair to chair to toilet at one point cos cannot move much.

I stayed alone in my house then most of the time till hubby home. Parents come by to drop food off. I kept myself occupied by working part time and watching Korean or Chinese dramas or reading.

Hi I was on bed rest also for most of my first pregnancy. Every time I go to work I get spotting. Even after my first trimester. On complete bed rest I remember moving from chair to chair to toilet at one point cos cannot move much.

I stayed alone in my house then most of the time till hubby home. Parents come by to drop food off. I kept myself occupied by working part time and watching Korean or Chinese dramas or reading.
Hi! How far did u made it?? I am still experiencing cramps. I am worried its contractions. Did u experience cramps after cerclage?

Hi my story is similar to yours
Dilation 5cm with bulging membrane at week 20
Opted for emergency cerclage and bed rest until weeks 33 or 34. Then venture out for short trips for meals coz I was feeling terrible cooped in the house and the doc was against total bed rest
My case was complicated by Low AF and also GD.
But I held on until 36 weeks then remove stitch
Didn’t go into labour even then so at 37 week plus on doc advice I chose to induce
During bed rest can be boring worrying and fustrating
I set up everything I needed near bed
Laptop, books, games, colouring materials
When hubby is home we play games and watch movies together
Jia you mummy. Hope my case bring you hope that despite cerclage there’s chance we can go full term too.
If you have any questions or need to talk about anything feel free to contact me :)

Hi my story is similar to yours
Dilation 5cm with bulging membrane at week 20
Opted for emergency cerclage and bed rest until weeks 33 or 34. Then venture out for short trips for meals coz I was feeling terrible cooped in the house and the doc was against total bed rest
My case was complicated by Low AF and also GD.
But I held on until 36 weeks then remove stitch
Didn’t go into labour even then so at 37 week plus on doc advice I chose to induce
During bed rest can be boring worrying and fustrating
I set up everything I needed near bed
Laptop, books, games, colouring materials
When hubby is home we play games and watch movies together
Jia you mummy. Hope my case bring you hope that despite cerclage there’s chance we can go full term too.
If you have any questions or need to talk about anything feel free to contact me :)
Hi Mei Hui,
I m lying on the hospital bed as i type this reply to u. Was warded to SGH after consulting Prof Tan. Hehehe

I just hit my 1st milestone. 24 weeks. Had my 2 shots of steroids & 24hr mag iv. Next milestone for me will be 28 weeks. Took Class B2 coz got subsidy. It is quite cooling here with the cooling vent.

Your story is truly inspiring!! I hope to have the same outcome as yours.

Hi, glad to know you are doing well.
I was warded in KKH, and it was nice getting to know mummies who are warded there due to similar conditions, as we could share tips and encourage each other.
Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Hi there
I just did my cervical cerclage at kkh yest. Was wondering is it claimable via insurance which is integrated with our medisave?

Hi there
I just did my cervical cerclage at kkh yest. Was wondering is it claimable via insurance which is integrated with our medisave?
Hi, i am not sure if can claim but i have submitted to GE. Pending for their approval now. Any luck on your side?

Hi, glad to know you are doing well.
I was warded in KKH, and it was nice getting to know mummies who are warded there due to similar conditions, as we could share tips and encourage each other.
Hope everything goes smoothly for you!
Hi Mei Hui,
Did u stay long in hospital? I was given the option to go home but i aint risking it. Me too scared. Am thinking of only going home after 28 or 32 weeks.
Yes it is great to know other horizontal mummies too!! Lol thats what i call myself. The mummy before me on the same bed was from TMC too, 22 weeks & twin pregnancy. She was there till 34 weeks!! I say this bed is lucky bed!!

Hi Mei Hui,
Did u stay long in hospital? I was given the option to go home but i aint risking it. Me too scared. Am thinking of only going home after 28 or 32 weeks.
Yes it is great to know other horizontal mummies too!! Lol thats what i call myself. The mummy before me on the same bed was from TMC too, 22 weeks & twin pregnancy. She was there till 34 weeks!! I say this bed is lucky bed!!

Hi I stayed in hospital from 20 to 24 weeks. After that went home on advice of doctor. Coz they say staying in hospital increase risk of infection too, as hospital lots of bacteria and germs. After discharge went back weekly for check up and injections. Guess depend on personal comfort level. How are you feeling? Hope no more cramps?

On the insurance question I didn’t manage to claim anything

Hi,

I just suffered a miscarriage due to CI. Plan to try again half a year later. Anyone has done cerclage at KKH and able to advise on the cost? Also any Doctors to recommend as well as the success rates of cerclage?

Lost my first pregnancy at 17 weeks and devastated :(

Hi there

Hi Suhasini.
May I ask the cost of the surgery? I’m also diagnose with short cervix n very worry of t
Financing it. :(

Hi ladies.. I had a M/C at 19 weeks a year ago due to CI as well.. now am back to TTC-ing.
Inbox me if any ladies here would like to keep in contact and show support during TTC again.
I'm also looking for recommendation for gynae who can help me in my case.

Hi, I lost my baby boy too on 24 Mar 2020. Am dealing slowly, tore my heart as me n hubby been trying for almost 7 years. Have PCOS. Did u try and have a baby? How do u cope with the fear? Im scared to ttc in the future.

Dear all,
I was 21 weeks when i had a rescue cerclage. Was funnelling with bulging membrane. Dr managed to stitch me up and i am to remain on bed rest till delivery. I will be visiting Prof Tan on thursday, referred to by my gynae. All had been well for the 18 days.. till yesterday. I had bad cramping even as i am typing this post.

Just wana find out if anyone have advise or successful stories to share? Whether its bed rest or recovery from cerclage. What do u do at home when everyone is out at work?

Thanks in advance for any sharing.

As I have a relatively much shorter cervix than usual, I only discovered when I started to dilate at 25+ wk when I have my #1 9y back. Did a cervical cerlage + bed rest all the way & I managed to give birth to a healthy baby via csect at 38w! For my next 2 babies, we did the cerlage earlier at 3m+, no need bed rest but don’t over exert/tire my body too & both born around 37/38wk too

Back