Implantation Cramps at 8DPO?

abbeyroad

Hi ladies,

We are currently on our first TTC cycle, so still quite new to this and not sure what to expect. This is also the first time I am paying so much attention to whatever is happening to my body.

Maybe I'm being over sensitive, but I'm quite sure I felt a series of cramps during 7-8 dpo. They were sharp and intense, unlike anything I have felt before. Usually I have very little pains during or before AF, at most some mild and dull pain on the lower abdomen. However this was a little bit different, most were felt higher up, on the left, next to my belly button, some were also felt around the lower abdomen. Some being quite intense I had to fold over even while sitting down. After 9dpo, nothing was felt anymore. There was also no implantation bleeding or whatsoever.

Today is the 11th dpo, and being curious I took a pee test with a pregnancy kit. It turned out to be negative :( I must say I am feeling quite disappointed even though it's only the 1st time. Is it too early to test? My AF is due 5 days from now. Do you think those were implantation pains? I almost thought it could be appendicitis, but that's on the right side of the body, so nope.

Any of you felt this before and got a BFP, and on which day did you take the test?

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

Hi @abbeyroad

yes could be implantation pains. But I thot I felt the cramps last month but AF came, so I'm not sure if I maybe I had chemical preg , who knows.

But it is definitely possible you could be pregnant!

If u want to test early, use the sensitive ones. Like clear blue digital or first response (bought from carousell) . I bought another brand called Predictor, haven't tried but all these days can test up to 6 days before period. I try not to test too early, otherwise it will be very expensive

Good luck !!! hope u get positive :)

Hi @abbeyroad

yes could be implantation pains. But I thot I felt the cramps last month but AF came, so I'm not sure if I maybe I had chemical preg , who knows.

But it is definitely possible you could be pregnant!

If u want to test early, use the sensitive ones. Like clear blue digital or first response (bought from carousell) . I bought another brand called Predictor, haven't tried but all these days can test up to 6 days before period. I try not to test too early, otherwise it will be very expensive

Good luck !!! hope u get positive :)

Thanks so much for the info!

Now I am also worried about ectopic or chemical pregnancy. Are you also trying for your first one?

Haha I bought a cheapo one from Watsons. I was thinking if I get a faint line then I'll go get the Clearblue one (those aren't cheap!) to test. Now I'd probably wait till 14dpo morning before I try again, so anxious!

All the best! Hopefully you see a BFP soon too :)

Any good news, @abbeyroad ?
Thank u :)
Yea, TTC for first. was very blur when I first started. Didn't know how to see all the signs my body was giving. Just thot try middle of cycle.

Any good news, @abbeyroad ?
Thank u :)
Yea, TTC for first. was very blur when I first started. Didn't know how to see all the signs my body was giving. Just thot try middle of cycle.
Thanks for asking! Nope turned out it wasn't anything. Hahaha, just finishing up my AF cycle now, better luck next round! AF was also 3-4 days late this month, made me so hopeful :(

How about you? Any news?

Thanks for asking! Nope turned out it wasn't anything. Hahaha, just finishing up my AF cycle now, better luck next round! AF was also 3-4 days late this month, made me so hopeful :(

How about you? Any news?

No lei ... unfortunately :( . yea same, a couple of months my AF was late few days too.
i realised all these symptoms are just normal PMS . I'll try this month not to think too much and relax.

Back