I'm panic!!! Am I being mommy for the first time???

mimii136

Dear all mommies,

Im a new member, and also new to all the preggy stuff. I've had my pregnancy test yesterday and this morning, 3 times in total, 1 is negative, the other 2 seems like positive, coz the 2nd line is blur.
According to my calculation, it was only about 10 days since we tried to conceive. So am I pregnant already? Should I take a pregnancy blood test already?
Im so new to all of this and has been overwhelmed since morning, my heat beat is so fast n I cant concentrate on anything yet. It's like mixed feeling, im both excited yet also so worry.
Seeking for all of your advice on this :(

Have you missed yr period. Think gync wont do a blood test usually, only urine test usually too. Scan is appx week 8. Just dont carry heavy stuff and take gd care of yourselves during this time. You can try call and book a gync appt in advance thou.

Have you missed yr period. Think gync wont do a blood test usually, only urine test usually too. Scan is appx week 8. Just dont carry heavy stuff and take gd care of yourselves during this time. You can try call and book a gync appt in advance thou.
Thanks @Daledale Actually my next mens should be around end of this month. As i said earlier, its only abt 10 days since the day we try to conceive, so im not sure if its too early to check or not

Dear all mommies,

Im a new member, and also new to all the preggy stuff. I've had my pregnancy test yesterday and this morning, 3 times in total, 1 is negative, the other 2 seems like positive, coz the 2nd line is blur.
According to my calculation, it was only about 10 days since we tried to conceive. So am I pregnant already? Should I take a pregnancy blood test already?
Im so new to all of this and has been overwhelmed since morning, my heat beat is so fast n I cant concentrate on anything yet. It's like mixed feeling, im both excited yet also so worry.
Seeking for all of your advice on this :(

Hi dear, Maybe you want to wait for 1-2weeks more?
I had my both pregnancy test blurr one line. So 50/50 I would say.
But weeks after I started feel nausea, all. so went to polyclinic for a check.
Only had urine test to confirm if positive or negative.

If positive, doctor will advice you to go for Gynae appointment usually at weeks 8.
that's where they will scan to see the sac and heartbeat :)
Advice not to do any scan earlier that week 7-8 cause some couldn't detect the sac since too early.

Meanwhile, please take good care of yourself. Do not carry heavy things, and avoid certain food.
You can start google and take care what needed :) Hope for the best for you

Hi dear, Maybe you want to wait for 1-2weeks more?
I had my both pregnancy test blurr one line. So 50/50 I would say.
But weeks after I started feel nausea, all. so went to polyclinic for a check.
Only had urine test to confirm if positive or negative.

If positive, doctor will advice you to go for Gynae appointment usually at weeks 8.
that's where they will scan to see the sac and heartbeat :)
Advice not to do any scan earlier that week 7-8 cause some couldn't detect the sac since too early.

Meanwhile, please take good care of yourself. Do not carry heavy things, and avoid certain food.
You can start google and take care what needed :) Hope for the best for you

@DoubleQ Thank you so much dear. Think i will just wait tho, a bit too much excited already :p:p:p
DO u have any recommendations on the gynae, im staying around TIong bahru area there. And also because I'm foreigner, there are lots of info that im not so sure abt

Last edited:
Thanks @Daledale Actually my next mens should be around end of this month. As i said earlier, its only abt 10 days since the day we try to conceive, so im not sure if its too early to check or not

Think a bit too early to test now. Pregnancy kit most accurate from day 1 menses missed. But it is a gd sign thou.

Last edited:
@DoubleQ Thank you so much dear. Think i will just wait tho, a bit too much excited already :p:p:p
DO u have any recommendations on the gynae, im staying around TIong bahru area there. And also because I'm foreigner, there are lots of info that im not so sure abt

Understand your feeling :)
I don't dear.. I'm all along a subsidize patient. Don't worry as of now, once you get the positive news, you will know the EDD.
Then join in the whatsapp group of the month that your EDD.. There's lot of mummies sharing info and care of each other.. :)
It's ok if you are local or foreigner, we are still human :)

try to make an ovulation test. It is а non-standard advice but if the ovulation test is positive and you are 100% that your ovulation was 10 days ago .... Congratulations !
Dear @Sia White, I did the ovulation test n it was positive, but when i try the pregnancy test, it turns out negative :( quite stress these days

DPO 10 can be quite faint on the pregnancy test. Try between dpo 15 onwards? Maybe you can see a clear line already. My first pregnancy once I tested positive on dpo10 straight I book appt to gynae for pregnancy stabilization pills, so that time gynae help me to do blood test to see if this pregnancy is viable already.

Understand your feeling :)
I don't dear.. I'm all along a subsidize patient. Don't worry as of now, once you get the positive news, you will know the EDD.
Then join in the whatsapp group of the month that your EDD.. There's lot of mummies sharing info and care of each other.. :)
It's ok if you are local or foreigner, we are still human :)

Hi DoubleQ,
Noted that you are subsidize patient. Which hospital you are going? And how is your experience with their service? Thanks.

Hi DoubleQ,
Noted that you are subsidize patient. Which hospital you are going? And how is your experience with their service? Thanks.

My #1 is at KKH, not every experience there is bad one.. I'm just the unlucky one I guess. I was left unattended for 3hrs after my waterbag burst. Where else they decided to push me for emergency cser as my baby already stress and poo inside. But they didn't attend to me for 3hrs, so I decided to push myself. I push it with my hub and one widwife around. After that they took my baby to NICU for 2 weeks with plugs and tubes around. I didn't manage to hold him and latch for milk. The reason they give was, that day many people giving birth, they don't have enough Gynae to assist.

I'm expecting now and opt for NUH, hoping my luck was good this time and have a fruitful labour :)

But not all mummies encounter bad experience, I heard a lot fruitful experience at KKH too.. :)

Is it normal to feel bloated and very tired in the early stage? I feel very sleepy and at times my tummy feels very big. Sometimes feel very bloated and do not want to eat. Also getting a little forgetful...

Is it normal to feel bloated and very tired in the early stage? I feel very sleepy and at times my tummy feels very big. Sometimes feel very bloated and do not want to eat. Also getting a little forgetful...

Yups this is normal during pregnancy.. :)

Hi experience mummy
Can I ask is there is a possibility that the number of weeks shown on the u/s picture different from the manual calculation from the first day of last menses ?

Back