if you are a sahm ,would u prefer to send ur kid to half day or fullday preschool?

if ur budget allows full day at least time is well spent.

if you are very involved in play & edu (know what to teach for child) half day

Put the money aside,will u feel guilty that ur sending ur child to full day while we can actually bring them home since we are not working?

My son was in a 4 hour child care and he didn't like school. So now he is home school.

The whole reason of me stay at home is to spend time with him. No way will I send him to full day child care. In my growing up years, my parents were busy working, i do not want the same for my kids. Kids grow up too fast.

My son was in a 4 hour child care and he didn't like school. So now he is home school.

The whole reason of me stay at home is to spend time with him. No way will I send him to full day child care. In my growing up years, my parents were busy working, i do not want the same for my kids. Kids grow

The whole reason of me stay at home is to spend time with him. No way will I send him to full day child care. In my growing up years, my parents were busy working, i do not want the same for my kids. Kids grow up too fast.
So u self teach him at home?

Would you be doing any work at home while your kid is away? If yes, full day, consider yourself as working? If not, half day cause the guilt is gonna eat you up! Haha I have been through this decision making too! But currently baby (11mths old) still at home with me full time taking care of him :)

I think the age of the child plays a big part. And, of course, what the SAHM does when he's at school.

If money is not an issue, put the child in full day. You will have more flexibility. Can take him back at noon or in the evening. Anyway 1 till 3plus is napping time.

Ya..by putting her in fullday..i am so free and doing nothing.that y i feel guilt.if i have to go out to work then at least i feel better that i hv no choicr cos i need to go out slog.
Anyway..at the age of 4,do they really learn so much in sch?

@Skiasia
Yes I teach him at home. I try to achieve half hour of sit down work with him from Monday-Friday. He goes to the playground every evening to
I believe in a wholistic learning environment for my kids. I spent a later part of my education overseas thus I don't believe in force learning environment. Sure child care kids seem to learn more, but are they able to bring this knowledge with them later in their lives?

Last edited:
@Skiasia
Yes I teach him at home. I try to achieve half hour of sit down work with him from Monday-Friday. He goes to the playground every evening to have social interaction w his peers.
I believe in a wholistic learning environment for my kids. I spent a later part of my education overseas thus I don't believe in force learning environment. Sure child care kids seem to learn more, but are they able to bring this knowledge with them later in their lives?
I can afford for my kid to go for fullday child care, but I choose to spend as much time as I can with my kiddo, to create as much fond memories for him and myself. Kids grow up too fast.

Anyway..at the age of 4,do they really learn so much in sch?

Not so sure, but from what I've gathered so far, it's good to go to school be it full or half day or playgroups, so the child can learn some social skills. I have this relative who sent their 18mo child to a 3hrs playgroup. Her character was very shy and quiet at first but after going to school, she became like a sunshine! Like and introvert transformed into extrovert. And learnt how to take instructions, interact with people (other then family) have some discipline and other things along this line rather then only hard knowledge.

But if you are capable of home schooling that can keep up with these, I would agree it would benefit your kid more. It is rather tough in many aspect so I guess more parents are placing their kids into school instead.

Of course every child is different.

You are a 21st century mum. Thumbs up!

Force learning environment can cause destruction to the children quietly. The topic itself is way too deep to even think about it. Assuming we were not looking at compulsory classes like kindergarten, primary and secondary schools, I will gladly let my children to lead me instead of me as a parent, to lead them into minor decisions making. :)

I have seen so many young baby girls taking ballet classes. Initially it just amazed me because i find them so cute in those pinky dresses. And on a second thought, they enrolled into the classes because of the parents or because they asked for it?

The reason why I am a full time mum is because I want to spend time w my kids. Thus no point sending the kid to full day child care.
In my opinion, I had a "sad" childhood, barely seeing my parents, albeit surrounded by many material things...

The reason why I am a full time mum is because I want to spend time w my kids. Thus no point sending the kid to full day child care.
In my opinion, I had a "sad" childhood, barely seeing my parents, albeit surrounded by many material things...

I have just left my job and am serving notice now. Really such a hard decision as it's a well
Paying job but always felt so empty when at work because I miss my child and almost all colleagues at work ignore me so i get the feeling like what am I even doing at work when everyone treats me like that, when I can be at home with my child to loves me and wants me to be present ?! Also I think I'm fortunate as my Husband job and pay is not bad and can well support us... well Not to the extent where we can splurge on a car and condo. We made the conscious decision to live as if only on one income since we married so I can quit my job anytime. :). Thanks for sharing as it affirms my decision

i would put them (coz i have twins) under flexi ones... one week 15hours or something like that...since im sahm, my priority is taking care of them. if i put them full day, i mind as well go back work. my hub & i believes in spending time and educating our own kids in our own way. so put them in schools definitely go against our belief.

so if put them at flexi ones, i can go spa once per week, chillax in cafe, gaming and do something i enjoy would be very beneficial for my sanity :p

then again i still searching for one that is more towards outdoor activities or some sorts of fun stuffs. i hate putting them into hardcore academy now.. they going studying like mad once they enter pri 1.... don't want to put them thru these sh1t when they still young...

Back