I need some advice

Ellie elf

I am a woman. A working mother with 2 kids aged 2 & 3 years old this year. My husb scolds me publicly for things he is unhappy about, shouting, finger pointing till people would stare. He throws tantrums at home, throws things around and if the children react by crying or crying for me, he would take it out on them. He hit my baby girl’s thigh. 4 fingers mark visible on her thigh after that. He wld hurl vulgarities on me and in front of the kids when he is mad.

I dont retaliate anymore but only explain myself in a sad tone. He wont listen and would challenge whatever i say.

This is him when he is mad (once or twice weekly). He isnt home on many weekends, working. I care for this kids and am exhausted. I take the kids to my parents to help but they are old and have back and leg issue.

When he is not mad, he wld be a very hands on father, the disciplinarian at home, he wld say he needs me as without me, he wld never be where he is now.

We have also been through 3 sessions of counseling prev and its still the same.

I want to know if what i am going through is normal and if i should stay in this marriage.

Back