I hate being pregnant so much

bunnizz

Let me get this straight first - I love the baby inside of me and I know I will love it even more when it's out. Also my husband and I have been wanting to have a child so this pregnancy was not something that was unexpected. I know many women would kill to be pregnant and have been struggling so much to get pregnant. I don't deny that pregnancy is a blessing.

But I hate being pregnant so much I cry about it all the time. A lot of it has to do with the terrible nausea that has plagued me since the first faint positive line until now (13 weeks). And it's only been 13 weeks! Many people say relief will come after 14 - 16 weeks, but just as many people also say they suffered from nausea and vomiting all the way till delivery. In the worst case scenario, that's at least another 26 weeks more of this and I don't know how I am going to survive. I have a phobia of vomiting (this is a real thing called emetophobia) and this makes having all day morning sickness 100x worse.

The fatigue also makes it so difficult for me to work. I have to work with sick patients and I feel like I can't give my all at work when I feel so lousy. I'm also studying right now and I'm constantly behind in my studies because of feeling so sick.

Many women seem to love being pregnant. I see cute bump pictures on FB and Instag all the time with the happy smiling glowing mum-to-be, and I wonder why I can't be like that. I have tried to psych myself up by thinking of baby names, buying baby room stuff and thinking about creative announcements but at the end of the day I crawl into bed and cry because I hate how I feel so much right now. I keep telling myself this won't last forever, it will be worth it when I see baby etc but nothing makes me feel better. I feel like I'm constantly trying to keep up a cheerful front but I'm actually spiraling.

Sorry if I offend anybody. I know that there must be some people who understand how I feel. But if you don't and are judging me badly, please don't say anything because it won't help. If you feel the same way as I do, please tell me how you cope. I don't know what else to do.

Hello
There is nothing u can do.just wait for the first trimester to be over and ask for anti vomit pills from ur gynae.
Been there done that and almost went into depression!
Totally understand how u feel.
No choice...this is the path way to healthy preg.take care!

Let me get this straight first - I love the baby inside of me and I know I will love it even more when it's out. Also my husband and I have been wanting to have a child so this pregnancy was not something that was unexpected. I know many women would kill to be pregnant and have been struggling so much to get pregnant. I don't deny that pregnancy is a blessing.

But I hate being pregnant so much I cry about it all the time. A lot of it has to do with the terrible nausea that has plagued me since the first faint positive line until now (13 weeks). And it's only been 13 weeks! Many people say relief will come after 14 - 16 weeks, but just as many people also say they suffered from nausea and vomiting all the way till delivery. In the worst case scenario, that's at least another 26 weeks more of this and I don't know how I am going to survive. I have a phobia of vomiting (this is a real thing called emetophobia) and this makes having all day morning sickness 100x worse.

The fatigue also makes it so difficult for me to work. I have to work with sick patients and I feel like I can't give my all at work when I feel so lousy. I'm also studying right now and I'm constantly behind in my studies because of feeling so sick.

Many women seem to love being pregnant. I see cute bump pictures on FB and Instag all the time with the happy smiling glowing mum-to-be, and I wonder why I can't be like that. I have tried to psych myself up by thinking of baby names, buying baby room stuff and thinking about creative announcements but at the end of the day I crawl into bed and cry because I hate how I feel so much right now. I keep telling myself this won't last forever, it will be worth it when I see baby etc but nothing makes me feel better. I feel like I'm constantly trying to keep up a cheerful front but I'm actually spiraling.

Sorry if I offend anybody. I know that there must be some people who understand how I feel. But if you don't and are judging me badly, please don't say anything because it won't help. If you feel the same way as I do, please tell me how you cope. I don't know what else to do.
Its probably your pregnancy hormone talking.

Is this your first pregnancy? Have you ever suffered a misscarried before?

Its only 13 weeks dont worry you still have long way to go just enjoy the process.

I have a misscarried before on my first pregnancy so every pregnancies afterwards i have this paranoid tendencies. And i really appreciate morning sickness. Is the only way you know your baby is ok.

I am having my 3rd baby now and only 9 weeks and have been nausea 24/7 which sometime i complained to my hb. And i wonder how those working expectant mommy can survive their trimester (but again every pregnancy is different and their tolerant level are different as well).

So dont hate your body and dont hate yourself its part of the package of motherhood. You will not believe this but a lot of mother actually wish they are still pregnant after their baby is born .

I only have 1 advice for you. Get a lot of sleep.
You have been warned ah.

I’m something like you. I work with sick patients, since 6 weeks till now 14 weeks I’ve been vomiting daily. Despite a very good appetite and eating mainly carbs and fast food for the last 2 months I didn’t put on any weight.

I’m so miserable because my tastes have completely changed. My husband doesn’t know what to feed me anymore

Because I’ve had multiple miscarriages before, I also appreciate the vomiting as it reassures me that all is well.

But on days when you’re vomiting almost everything u eat, when nothing tastes good, when you’re so tired, depressed and miserable, it’s easy to forget how blessed we are.

Cheer up! It’ll get better soon, and even if it doesn’t, at least we tahan till we can feel baby’s kicks it’ll make our sufferings worthwhile.

I'm very passionate about what I'm about to share.
I'm a family physician myself and I have worked in O&G department earlier this year and I'm an expectant mother.
I have suffered so much from morning sickness and am still suffering now.
Yes I also thought my morning sickness will end by 12 - at most 16 weeks as the textbook always says, but I'm 24 weeks now and I still can vomit even if I'm not eating anything.
I feel nauseated and tired every day, after work I just lie on the sofa and sleep the whole time.
I would say I lived like a miserable zombie. I couldn't enjoy the fact that I'm pregnant. I couldn't feel the joy of having the baby.
I started taking diclectin quite early - maybe at about 6 weeks, it's really expensive that's why I tried not to take so many in the beginning. But after being so miserable everyday, I started increasing my dosage, up to 4 tablets a day. I could basically function quite normally for a while. Then when 1st trimester passed I tried to cut down my pills and stop it, I had really bad vomiting again. And the miracle is when I resumed the medicine, I'm almost back to my usual self apart from some burping.
I'm so grateful that Singapore has approved this drug since 2017. It's proven not harmful to baby and is 1st line treatment in every guideline. It's expensive but it's definitely worth the money.
I especially sign-up to share my experience because I don't want any woman to suffer unnecessarily from pregnancy!
Please ask your gyne or even family doctor to prescribe it to you - you can use the prescription to buy it at hospitals that have O&G department. Hope this message reaches you in time to help!

Diclectin is a saviour for me when i was pregnant with my gal, i took the pill till i was in mid of third trimester where the vomitting and nausea really go away. I admit that diclectin is expensive but it really helps alot especially if you are working full time and cant afford to take leave or MC so often.

Back