I did hurt my son because of sport..

isabelle49

Hello and nice to meet you,

I am Isabelle from France, living in singapore. I need to first apologize for my terrible english but I hope you can still understand my write.

I am a single mother of a 15 years old kid. He has a passion for karate and practice it with love since 8 years. Now he's a brown belt. I am a yoga coach.

One evening, while I was back from my training I find my son lying on the sofa and all the home was in mess. I asked him to tidy and he answer me he is watching karate on TV, I can do it myself and anyway I don't have to complain because my training is not hard and everybody can do it...I asked him a second time and he continu to tease me with my lessons... I told him that if it s really what he think he can try a lesson with me and he'll see. He laugh and said well try karate and you you will see! I asked him if he was challenging me he said yes I do!But come on Im a brown belt we all know I will knock you down.. bla bla bla...

Well, he was certainly right but I am curious to every sport so I accept but with a bet, the looser will do the chores alone for 1 month. He laugh and said sure but he warned me again and again about how he will "KO me", "kicked my *** badly".... All right kiddo, let's make the first karate vs yoga fight ever!

So we did it.. and I think it has not turn exactly as he exept...

Since that, he don't want to go in karate... He doesn't want to talk to it anymore and he look a bit depress. He did ask me to explain what I want for the chores, i told him nothing, I will do it...but he's seems sad now and seems not passionate anymore by karate...

I feel bad for what I ve done... I think I ve been to far...

What can I do for him to not stop his passioon for that??

Thanks

When he asked for any chores, just tell him to do some...

Challenge him to reach his karate at certain level then you both have a “match” again?

doing chores shouldnt be seen as a punishment. i mean, he should be happy that he's relieving his mom off certain duties. it cant always be the mother who does all the chores at home. talk to your son, encourage him through positive affirmation and hopefully all will be good!

Back