Hydrosalpinx - Dilated Fallopian Tube what to do

Meebok

Been informed by doctor in KKH I have a dilated right fallopian tube (1.7cm in size) and a polyp in my womb.

She said keyhole is the only way to go to deal with both (remove the tube and polyp) and she asked us when we want to do the surgery.

Did all the doctors expect us to make decision whether to proceed with surgery or not within few minutes of their explanation?

I wouldn’t want to remove my tube if the fluid can be drained.

Anybody who has went to TCM and the fluid is gone after treatment

Need your advice.

Hi..
I am sorry to hear that.
But I believe that program that I go through may help you to improve your condition.

Been informed by doctor in KKH I have a dilated right fallopian tube (1.7cm in size) and a polyp in my womb.

She said keyhole is the only way to go to deal with both (remove the tube and polyp) and she asked us when we want to do the surgery.

Did all the doctors expect us to make decision whether to proceed with surgery or not within few minutes of their explanation?

I wouldn’t want to remove my tube if the fluid can be drained.

Anybody who has went to TCM and the fluid is gone after treatment

Need your advice.

Dilated is it meaning there is fluid in your tube? Coz i went kkh and dr told me i have fluid in tube and ask me to consider for keyhole surgery to remove it.. What's your decision then?

Dilated is it meaning there is fluid in your tube? Coz i went kkh and dr told me i have fluid in tube and ask me to consider for keyhole surgery to remove it.. What's your decision then?

Sorry for late response. Yes, dilated means fluid inside. Doctor who was performing the hyfosy test on me said dilated when he pushed saline water in, he didn’t even put the foam in, then he was liked seeing a ghost and abruptly stoped the hyfosy procedure because he ‘worried’ will burst the right tube. It wasn’t a pleasant experience for me as I feel that that doctor was not professional enough during the whole process. He even won’t explain clearly to you as he just came to perform the procedure. And left with 2 assistant to take ultrasound images. That’s it! I had to wait for next appointment to understand more. Nowadays, Dr google is more reliable then the actual highly certified doctor.

And I’ve gone through keyhole surgery on 21/10/2019 (yesterday) at KK. Polyp removal done and they left another small polyp untouched. Wonder why?

I just got 2 incision holes. Why? Because they ran blue dyed in, left tube cleared, right tube also was not blocked and not even fluid inside. No sign of hydrosalpinx! They just closed me up and I’m out of the operating theatre in 30 mins.

No further details why the hyposy test showed I have hydrosalpinx in the first place. Discharge doctor won’t answer you much. Have to wait next appointment with my doctor in 3 weeks times. Very frustrating.

They said I have minor endometriosis but was not removed, which means I have to do another keyhole if the endo worsen in the future? ‍

Currently checking with Dr Google on percentage of misdiagnosis of block tube using hyposy, why it mistaken as hydrosalpinx and what condition will masked the healthy tube as hydrosalpinx.

have you done the surgery yet?

Sorry for late response. Yes, dilated means fluid inside. Doctor who was performing the hyfosy test on me said dilated when he pushed saline water in, he didn’t even put the foam in, then he was liked seeing a ghost and abruptly stoped the hyfosy procedure because he ‘worried’ will burst the right tube. It wasn’t a pleasant experience for me as I feel that that doctor was not professional enough during the whole process. He even won’t explain clearly to you as he just came to perform the procedure. And left with 2 assistant to take ultrasound images. That’s it! I had to wait for next appointment to understand more. Nowadays, Dr google is more reliable then the actual highly certified doctor.

And I’ve gone through keyhole surgery on 21/10/2019 (yesterday) at KK. Polyp removal done and they left another small polyp untouched. Wonder why?

I just got 2 incision holes. Why? Because they ran blue dyed in, left tube cleared, right tube also was not blocked and not even fluid inside. No sign of hydrosalpinx! They just closed me up and I’m out of the operating theatre in 30 mins.

No further details why the hyposy test showed I have hydrosalpinx in the first place. Discharge doctor won’t answer you much. Have to wait next appointment with my doctor in 3 weeks times. Very frustrating.

They said I have minor endometriosis but was not removed, which means I have to do another keyhole if the endo worsen in the future? ‍

Currently checking with Dr Google on percentage of misdiagnosis of block tube using hyposy, why it mistaken as hydrosalpinx and what condition will masked the healthy tube as hydrosalpinx.

have you done the surgery yet?

Not yet, I switch to NUH after hearing bad reviews for kkh and experiencing bad service from kkh doctor and nurse myself..nuh appointment next week and i'll see what nuh doctor say..

How much u paid for the surgery? How many days MC or HL u got from kkh?

Not yet, I switch to NUH after hearing bad reviews for kkh and experiencing bad service from kkh doctor and nurse myself..nuh appointment next week and i'll see what nuh doctor say..

How much u paid for the surgery? How many days MC or HL u got from kkh?

I switched from NUH to KKH. :)

I’m under subsidized patient. Once confirmed to proceed with surgery, they will send us to financial counseling and they will show how to log in to health buddy to see the admission cost. Doctors and nurses wouldn’t be able to tell you before hand because All patients’ cost are different.

I chose B2+ ward, the estimated cost around $8.7k, government subsidy is lesser (up to 25% only) for B2+ ward, my medisave claimable estimated about $2.7K, so likely I need to fork out cash $2.4K.

But i’m claiming my personal insurance, I have submitted preauthorized request to GE, GE is only covering half of the cost (after government subsidy). Claimable for polyp procedure but not hydrosalpinx procedure (sub-infertility treatment as informed by claim officer, is an exclusion) I wasn’t happy about that! o_O

The balance after insurance payout will claim under medisave, then probably some cash payment.

Hospital will do e-filling with insurance company (inform hospital that you want to claim your insurance) So nothing to worry about on claim submission.

But since my procedure is different from initial diagnostic, the final amount should be lesser and we will only received the final bill mail to us in 4 weeks time. :rolleyes:

I get 8 days of HL.

Hope this help ;)

Back