How to know if I am ovulating or not?

Weitinq

What are the signs to look out for if I am ovulating? Hubby n me are married for 2 years and we have got no baby yet. In laws pressuring already :(

thanks ladies. i just ordered a dozen on qoo10. hopefully it arrives when menses end so i can start use them on next ovulation cycle.

thanks ladies. i just ordered a dozen on qoo10. hopefully it arrives when menses end so i can start use them on next ovulation cycle.

What I was told is to consume folic acid if you’re preparing to get pregnant as well to prepare your body for it

Hi hi
ovulation test strips (OPK) shows you your body is preparing to ovulate but doesnt confirm it, if you get positive. That said, one of the gynea did tell me it is fairly accurate.

The only way to know for sure is if you take a progesterone hormone test after around CD 21 (depending on the length of yr cycle) or if you monitor your body basal temperature (BBT) and do charting. At least that's what I've read.

One sign that you ovulate is a regular cycle, but that doesn't mean every month there is egg released.

Hi, if you find it hard to read ovulation strips, because test line must be darker than control line, may i suggest clearblue digital ovulation test kit. i used the advanced one with flashing smiley. Also, i chart my BBT to confirm ovulation.

Hi, if you find it hard to read ovulation strips, because test line must be darker than control line, may i suggest clearblue digital ovulation test kit. i used the advanced one with flashing smiley. Also, i chart my BBT to confirm ovulation.

Hi Babylovin,

Do u use any app to record your basal temp?

Any suggestions which app is good to track on ovulation date? Downloaded alot of apps and try and im gg crazy soon.

I use flo and clue app. Both about the same just that flo is catered more to conceiving and can be used even when you’re pregnant. Still, these tracking are not 100% , they are merely calculating based on your cycle lengths. But they are a good reminder !

I use flo and clue app. Both about the same just that flo is catered more to conceiving and can be used even when you’re pregnant. Still, these tracking are not 100% , they are merely calculating based on your cycle lengths. But they are a good reminder !

Hi Cookiemonster11,

I downloaded Clue app but the app is so confusing

hi hi ive downloaded quite some apps but all these apps seem a bit confusing to use >< is there any app out there that can record both bbt and results from ovulation tests and is also easy to use? thanks in advance :)

Tested 9 OPKs turned out negative and feel so dejected so skipped 2 days. Today reach home from work suddenly have the feel to test and expect negative but nonetheless still went to test. (thinking i might have missed my ovulation day since my CLUE app fertile days is over)
End up it's a positive. Time to babydance!!!

Attachments

• OPK Positive 09042018.png
    OPK Positive 09042018.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 491
Hi hi
ovulation test strips (OPK) shows you your body is preparing to ovulate but doesnt confirm it, if you get positive. That said, one of the gynea did tell me it is fairly accurate.

The only way to know for sure is if you take a progesterone hormone test after around CD 21 (depending on the length of yr cycle) or if you monitor your body basal temperature (BBT) and do charting. At least that's what I've read.

One sign that you ovulate is a regular cycle, but that doesn't mean every month there is egg released.

I thought ovulate = release egg?

Tested 9 OPKs turned out negative and feel so dejected so skipped 2 days. Today reach home from work suddenly have the feel to test and expect negative but nonetheless still went to test. (thinking i might have missed my ovulation day since my CLUE app fertile days is over)

Good for u! Jia you! I also used opk today and it’s a dark positive! But hubby not around today. Sigh.

The OPK only test for the luteinizing hormone (LH) , which tells the follicle to release the egg. But it doesn’t guarantee that an egg is released just because there’s a surge in LH. It’s however a good indicator to have BD :)

Good for u! Jia you! I also used opk today and it’s a dark positive! But hubby not around today. Sigh.

The OPK only test for the luteinizing hormone (LH) , which tells the follicle to release the egg. But it doesn’t guarantee that an egg is released just because there’s a surge in LH. It’s however a good indicator to have BD :)

Hubby not around today you still got 3 more days you can BD!
For me, just nice it's a positive for me today so next 3-4 days can BD then i will fly to korea for holiday. Hopefully korea food and cool weather can help in conceiving. hahahaha :D:D:D

Hubby not around today you still got 3 more days you can BD!
For me, just nice it's a positive for me today so next 3-4 days can BD then i will fly to korea for holiday. Hopefully korea food and cool weather can help in conceiving. hahahaha :D:D:D

3 days? I read in OPK box that I only have 12-36 hour window :( another 24 hours left till I see my hubby haha..

So nice babe. I’m sure going for a holiday is good for conceiving nonetheless, ur mind and body is relaxed.

3 days? I read in OPK box that I only have 12-36 hour window :( another 24 hours left till I see my hubby haha..

So nice babe. I’m sure going for a holiday is good for conceiving nonetheless, ur mind and body is relaxed.

Apparently LH surge is usually right before ovulation
12-36hr shld be the window of you starting to ovulate. upon ovulation then egg stays in there for abt 12 hrs
so 24hrs later shld be a nice timing.

yea, do hope this time round going holiday on a just nice timing will help

Apparently LH surge is usually right before ovulation
12-36hr shld be the window of you starting to ovulate. upon ovulation then egg stays in there for abt 12 hrs
so 24hrs later shld be a nice timing.

yea, do hope this time round going holiday on a just nice timing will help

Ahh yes yes, forgotten that the egg stays for another 12-24 hours yay so happy to hear! Hopefully good news for us soon! Spreading positive vibes to you and have a good holiday in kr!

hi, i mean that even if u have a regular cycle , chances are u are ovulating but my obgyn said it may not be every month.

Another clue you may be ovulating is to look out for fertile cervical mucus.
the watery ones to the egg white stretchy type. supposedly most fertile and means body is preparing to ovulate.

i like OPKs too . when i first started, didn't read instructions properly. i thought as long as 2 lines it is positive, even lighter lines. lol. i did get pregnant but unfortunately had miscarriage :(

Last edited:
hi, i mean that even if u have a regular cycle , chances are u are ovulating but my obgyn said it may not be every month.

Another clue you may be ovulating is to look out for fertile cervical mucus.
the watery ones to the egg white stretchy type. supposedly most fertile and means body is preparing to ovulate.

i like OPKs too . when i first started, didn't read instructions properly. i thought as long as 2 lines it is positive, even lighter lines. lol. i did get pregnant but unfortunately had miscarriage :(

Hi grumpet I was testing my cervical mucus today since I have a positive opk result . It’s watery but feel like there’s not enough mucus to make it stretchy?. It’s just wet. or was there not enough specimen? Not sure if you get what I mean

@Cookiemonster11
are u on any medications? sometimes that may change yr CM. or some ppl may just don't produce alot of CM.

Sometimes CM becomes lesser too when u age.
Use sperm friendly Lub only, like pre-seed. not KY jelly.

Some ppl take evening primrose to help, I just bought a bottle ... for overall hormonal balance.

I've even tried taking Rubitussin "guaifenesin" cough syrups.... works for some ladies which thick CM.

Last edited:
@Cookiemonster11
are u on any medications? sometimes that may change yr CM. or some ppl may just don't produce alot of CM.

Sometimes CM becomes lesser too when u age.
Use sperm friendly Lub only, like pre-seed. not KY jelly.

Some ppl take evening primrose to help, I just bought a bottle ... for overall hormonal balance.

I've even tried taking Rubitussin "guaifenesin" cough syrups.... works for some ladies which thick CM.

No I’m not taking any medication, but recovering from a yeast infection so maybe that’s the cause Thanks for the clarification :)

Hi Weitinq,

Do u test once or twice in a day? Im using the strip from q10 and somehow there are light coloured lines, also not sure am i ovulating soon. Which ovulation kit did u bought from q10? Realised that yours have a holder. And i test my basal temp every morning but no increase in temp. Also, i test in the morning and night, but the lines not so dark.

Hi Weitinq,

Do u test once or twice in a day? Im using the strip from q10 and somehow there are light coloured lines, also not sure am i ovulating soon. Which ovulation kit did u bought from q10? Realised that yours have a holder. And i test my basal temp every morning but no increase in temp. Also, i test in the morning and night, but the lines not so dark.

Faint lines doesnt means you are ovulating soon. There is LH surge in our body everyday that explains the faint line. Unless you get a darker lines then you’re ovulating. Then again as I read, we may ovulate but doesn’t means there’s egg released every month:(

@Weitinq where did you get your OPK from can share the link?

Hi Weitinq,

I dont use strips though. like dont quite trust. hahaha
opk are only positive when both lines are equally dark or T darker than C

Hi all, not sure if anyone could help me on this. im a mummy of one baby girl, 14mths now. i got this baby girl after a failed IUI, and succeed with letrozole ovulation pill.

now i would like to try for baby again, i tried since my babygirl was about 5mths old and till now no succeed.
this month is my second month on clomid. but i had forgotten how my previous pregnancy's ovulation test look like.
i have uploaded a pic, any idea is this positive ovulation? color was not as dark as control line.

i got the darkest line on CD 15. on CD 12 doc scan my follicles are about 14mm (thats all the clue i know and i nv chart temp)

Thank you if anyone could help :)

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2513.png
    thumbnail_IMG_2513.png
    228.9 KB · Views: 747
Hi all, not sure if anyone could help me on this. im a mummy of one baby girl, 14mths now. i got this baby girl after a failed IUI, and succeed with letrozole ovulation pill.

now i would like to try for baby again, i tried since my babygirl was about 5mths old and till now no succeed.
this month is my second month on clomid. but i had forgotten how my previous pregnancy's ovulation test look like.
i have uploaded a pic, any idea is this positive ovulation? color was not as dark as control line.

i got the darkest line on CD 15. on CD 12 doc scan my follicles are about 14mm (thats all the clue i know and i nv chart temp)

Thank you if anyone could help :)

from your pic, looks like u might have peaked between 10/5& 11/5 and u prob didn't get confirmed positive (test line is darker than control line) cos u didn't test in between? I will take 2 strong line like yours as a high chance/ fertile window.
Is that your question? your body might have changed after giving birth.

from your pic, looks like u might have peaked between 10/5& 11/5 and u prob didn't get confirmed positive (test line is darker than control line) cos u didn't test in between? I will take 2 strong line like yours as a high chance/ fertile window.
Is that your question? your body might have changed after giving birth.

ya i also think body might have changed too. thank u very much. hehe

This is still considered faint line right?

Attachments

• 2B702164-3F4D-4E83-BB54-32BC7C60D5A3.jpeg
    2B702164-3F4D-4E83-BB54-32BC7C60D5A3.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 258
If ovaluation kit shows negative but cervic mucus is stretchy, how to know whether ovaluation occurs? Basal temp is still low.

Back