How to confirm pregnancy?

jsim16

hello all :)
I am posting this on behalf of my wife as I am really excited yet confused on what I should expect next.

Spent the past few days reading through many forums but haven’t gotten a good idea what I should do next. Hopefully someone can enlighten me in here!

1. My wife tested positive using the test kit 2 days ago. Counting based on her last period, this would be Week 5 Day 4.

2. How do we confirm the pregnancy? Should I book an appointment with a gynae already to do all the necesary tests?

Getting excited yet anxious on what to expect. Hope to hear from this forum soon!

Hi there!!
Congrats on the pregnancy!! There are few methods, u can proceed to Polyclinic to get a referral for subsidy to KKH/NUH/SGH O&G dept. If you want to get a specific Dr which will be private, you may call KKH appt line directly or go to any GP to write a memo to bring for the 1st appt. :DAlso, at polyclinic they will do another urine test or blood test to tell the Beta level. Beta is usually more accurate to determine a pregnancy. Usually by 6 weeks able to see on the U/S the sac.

Last edited:
hi if u will do usg then the yok and fetal matter can be seen and most likely increased blood flow too.
all the best. u can also go private for few weeks and when all ok switch to subsidized clinic

Hi there!!
Congrats on the pregnancy!! There are few methods, u can proceed to Polyclinic to get a referral for subsidy to KKH/NUH/SGH O&G dept. If you want to get a specific Dr which will be private, you may call KKH appt line directly or go to any GP to write a memo to bring for the 1st appt. :DAlso, at polyclinic they will do another urine test or blood test to tell the Beta level. Beta is usually more accurate to determine a pregnancy. Usually by 6 weeks able to see on the U/S the sac.

Thanks! I don’t think we will enjoy subsidised rates because my wife is holding a LTVP, and is just in the middle of PR Application.

So we can go to the polyclinic and proceed with the blood test and urine test. Are you aware if we will be able to have the results immediately or we would have to wait for a couple of days?

really anxious to have a confirmation from a doctor. Hahah

hi if u will do usg then the yok and fetal matter can be seen and most likely increased blood flow too.
all the best. u can also go private for few weeks and when all ok switch to subsidized clinic

thanks. I am still trying to figure out all the acronyms in the world of pregnancy.

subsidized clinic would mean we are not able to see the same gynae for each consultation right?

Thanks! I don’t think we will enjoy subsidised rates because my wife is holding a LTVP, and is just in the middle of PR Application.

So we can go to the polyclinic and proceed with the blood test and urine test. Are you aware if we will be able to have the results immediately or we would have to wait for a couple of days?

really anxious to have a confirmation from a doctor. Hahah
Hi there!
I cant recall if one of the spouse is Sg citizen, able to get subsidy. But its no harm trying. :D usually for both GP & Polyclinic, for blood test will take few days 2-3days. But if in hospital eg kkh 24hrs O&G dept, you can wait for 2-3hrs to get the answers. But usually that dept priority to emergency cases first. Other method is that, at home, every 2 days use a home test kit to see the progression lines getting darker.

Yes, if subsidy ur wife will be attended by a group/team drs with different drs every visits.

Last edited:
hello all :)
I am posting this on behalf of my wife as I am really excited yet confused on what I should expect next.

Spent the past few days reading through many forums but haven’t gotten a good idea what I should do next. Hopefully someone can enlighten me in here!

1. My wife tested positive using the test kit 2 days ago. Counting based on her last period, this would be Week 5 Day 4.

2. How do we confirm the pregnancy? Should I book an appointment with a gynae already to do all the necesary tests?

Getting excited yet anxious on what to expect. Hope to hear from this forum soon!

Wow~ congrats on the pregnancy!

Hi there!
I cant recall if one of the spouse is Sg citizen, able to get subsidy. But its no harm trying. :D usually for both GP & Polyclinic, for blood test will take few days 2-3days. But if in hospital eg kkh 24hrs O&G dept, you can wait for 2-3hrs to get the answers. But usually that dept priority to emergency cases first. Other method is that, at home, every 2 days use a home test kit to see the progression lines getting darker.

Yes, if subsidy ur wife will be attended by a group/team drs with different drs every visits.

Thanks for the helpful information! I managed to book an appointment at TMC with Dr Benjamin Tham. Read some really good reviews about him plus referral from friends too.

week 5 should be able to see proper signs of pregnancy in an ultrasound

congrats

Thanks! I’ve booked an appointment but it is only happening in one week’s time.

I’m really anxious and can’t wait to see the gynae to check and ensure everything is fine.

My wife is starting to show more signs of pregnancy with higher fatigue levels and some signs of nauseating.

Back