How long does it takes to divorce?

xian186

Hi, I am going to divorce with my husband due to him having an affair outside. Went to legal aids and I had failed the mean test by a slight amount and they had refer me to Pro Bono.
From what I know, Pro bono will only attend to cases referred by legal aids. I had already got myself registered at pro bono. But I would like to know around how long then I can meet the lawyer and finish this divorce process?

Do you have children and property to split?

I had just completed stage 1 of my divorce. The marriage based on my wife's infidelity uncontested.

Stage 1 took me 3 months. I figure stage 2 will be another few months.

I really want my children to be with me.

James, I have a 3 years old daughter and he had agreed to give me care and control of her, and we had also agreed on the maintainece amt to be given to us for both my daughter and me. We had no property under our name.
Stage 1 already took 3 months? Gosh I waited barely one month and I was pretty impatient already coz seeing him everyday at home is so emotionally wrecking.
I had read your post at other thread and I sincerely pray for you that the judge will let you have your children as you are a good and responsible father.

If both agree to the same divorce reasons. Chances are you will need only 6 weeks.

I got divorced based on counterclaim by me on her adultery. That is why it took some time.

If it is an uncontested divorce, no. Even the plaintiff and the defendant need not be in court. That is because the guilty party has already admitted to the affair.

If it is a contested divorce, yes.

Back