How Long Apart to Conceive #2

It all depends on yourself, how much u can cope and r u ready. I delivered my son in dec 07, and just delivered my daughter last week. For me, i did not want to wait too long or i will find it harder to adapt or go through it all over again. Besides i did not want the age gap of both my kids too long.

Hi Sherline, Zolldoll is right. Depends on you, your husband, and the amount of support that you have.

My #1 was delivered in June 2008 and I will be delivering again in Mar 2010. 21 mth age gap.

I decided to try again for #2, cos of many factors:

- I'm turning 31 next year. Want to have 2 or 3 kids before mid 30s.

- I have strong family support in the area of child caring. my parents look after my #1 on alternate nights. Hb and I do the other nights. During the weekdays, my dad supervises my maid who cares for #1. My grandma and aunt pop by one weekday a week to play with my #1 - so my dad gets his "day off". Weekends are times my hb and I spend fully with our #1. My parents are still rather young - 57 and 61, so can tap on them a little longer. My mom still works full-time.

- Our home has enough space for 1 or 2 more kids, without needing to move house yet.

- my job is quite secure in the current economic climate and my boss encourages me to have another child soon.

- my husband will go overseas on work for 9 months starting Mar 2011.

True. it all depends on individual n support tht u have.

As for me, i gave birth to my gal in 2004. She is 5 yrs old now. I conceived my first one few months after marriage. Then in 2008, I gave birth to my 2nd child, a boy. He just turned 1 in june. So my 2 kids they are 4 yrs apart.

When i was preggy with my 2nd child & told my gal about it, she was happy when she knew tht she would be expecting a younger one. Though she dun understand at first, gradually she began to understand better. She followed me thru my monthly checkups sometimes & she was excited to see her lil brother thru the scan thingy. Even now she adores her lil bro so much & has learnt to be more responsible & a caring gal.

Me & hubby felt tht we concerntrate on the first child as much as we can before we decide to have another one. Now with the big sister around, my boy even has much more love around him.

cactus! so fast #2.. hehe congrats hor...

i m still procrastinating...

Thanks all... Still can't decide if I shld try for #2. Reason being thinking of changing job now. Will see how it goes...

3 years plus liao.. now think of no. 2 i also worry leh.... scared need to go over the babies thing again... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Sherline - good to start early, but changing job is a big factor since now 4 months maternity leave :p However, don't keep waiting ler.. else age affects fertility.

Jazz - you got the itch, quick quick! Don't wait too long!!! Else really too tired :p Your wee one is lonely ah?

Me gave birth last year May, and just only August hehe. The first 2 years will kill me, but we will survive...

My first child was born in 2006. I was 26 then.

Was quite scared abt the pregnancy thingy and birth...

Now my boy i 3 and I finally decided I wanted No. 2, it seems like so HARD TO CONCEIVE... sighs...

Guess it's up to individual - I am planning to try for 2nd one soon as age catching up and my bb is only 7th mths old ...

me too..wanted to have another 1 real soon as the 1st already 18mths if not will be big age gap but think think financially will be very tight...some more new house coming soon ..haiz...really hard to make the decision...

yes sometimes its the financial strain that makes us think 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 times about having a second baby...

ya, its me again...my son coming 2 yrs old but still think and think about the 2nd one lei.... everybody was asking, when when when to have a didi meimei for him. Haiz.... stress

Mine will be EDD Sep, my #1 will be 22 months by then. A 2 yrs gap is perfect. I am also worry about financial strain, luckily most of the baby stuffs we already have, so just need to top up some.

It's always my dream to have 2 kids ideally.. 1 boy n 1 girl. But after giving birth to my baby boy which is currently 7 months.. I m really having 2nd thoughts. Being a mummy is so tough... I even suffered abit of depression after giving birth n my son still wakes up in the nite...

Mummies out there: when do u think life will start to become easier? According to my frens..life will only be 'worst' w children starting to run abt n the start of horrible 2. I m only afraid that I will regret my decision of wanting to have a no. 2

Back