How is Lawrence Ang of Sun Plaza?

Wow, went there yesterday and it was super duber packed even it was a weekday .... OMG, we even need to stand along the corridor. Lawrence Ang going for Dec holiday soon ....

my 1st one was also delivered by dr ang, w/o epidural too
happy.gif
he dun encourage epidural and i also dun wan epidural all the while so is ok for me when i get to know his expectation
happy.gif

nw expecting my 2nd one, gg back to him for my next appt this fri to scan the gender, heehee. hope will be able to see
happy.gif

Dr ang will always go for holiday during the sch holidays. His children jus finished their exams and he still need to coach them despite his buzy schedule. Good father ;)

Dr ang now only operate alternate sat, and also close on fri night if im not wrong. will have to check with the nurse on this. But confirmed he is only operating on alternate sat from now on......

Oh ya, forget to mentioned that he will get father to cut the umbilical cord when the child is born
happy.gif
, so father do get ready for this moment
happy.gif
Not sure abt c-sect cos mine was natural birth
happy.gif

Someone mentioned that Dr ang is pro VBAC (Vaginal birth after c-sec)...

But that day when i went to see Dr ang, he said he wont be doing this (he wont wanna take the risk anymore). so if i really insist wanna go for natural for my #2 one, he will probably "pass" me to another Dr to handle. Abit shocked when i heard this, coz i rem someone said he's pro-VBAC?

So let's see how on the later part...
sad.gif

Hi all mummies

Does Dr Ang use forceps or vacuum during delivery one? And does the delivery always planned to be done at night one since his clinic open in the afternoon for induce birth I mean ?
Thanks

Hi athena

dr ang does use forceps or vacuum if need arises.

delivery can be anytime ;) when the baby is ready...

for my case, i was induced in the morning.. so i guess no fixed timing.

Hi freedom

How long does ur delivery process last ? Dr Ang will come back once baby is ready to come out after inducement is it ?

I think no fixed time, my deliveries were then in the afternoon.

Athena, delivery process depends on individually bah. It depends on your body and if baby is ready to come out.

For my case then, Dr Ang would come back on and off to check after induced, midwife would be around. She would call Dr Ang once ready for delivery. His predication for timing were q accurate. He told me estimated time for delivery.

hi athena

my delivery process is quite fast. for my induced birth, dr ang will come back and check on me. before he goes off, he would estimate the timing the baby may be out.. the nurse/midwife would be there to help monitor see whether the bb is coming out and will ask dr ang back when the bb is coming.

the important thing is don't push unless the doc ask you to push.. haha cos i wasn't obedient i pushed. i had a tear.

hi athena

my delivery process is quite fast. for my induced birth, dr ang will come back and check on me. before he goes off, he would estimate the timing the baby may be out.. the nurse/midwife would be there to help monitor see whether the bb is coming out and will ask dr ang back when the bb is coming.

the important thing is don't push unless the doc ask you to push.. haha cos i wasn't obedient i pushed. i had a tear.

Freedom > "the important thing is don't push unless the doc ask you to push"

Yes yes yes, that's what the nurses keep telling me too!

Hi,
My 3.67kg boy was delivered naturally without epidural by dr Ang. My delivery was a swift 6 mins via episiotomy and vacuum..

Very experienced Gynae I must say..

Dear All,
Some personal comments about Dr Ang:
-Convenient location for us living in the North (Sunplaza is next to Sembawang MRT).
-Experienced Dr
-But if you are a first time mum and wish for a longer & more detailed consultation he may not be the best as he is always very "chop chop".

My recent pregnancy in the first trimester was a bit complicated which ended in a day-surgery to evacuate the uterus (termination of pregnancy). When Dr Ang diagnosed that this is a sure miscarriage I wasn't ready to let go, partly it was my first pregnancy and the ultrasound scans and explanation were not entirely satisfactory. So I went to KKH for more detailed scans and a second opionion.

Although after one week, the diagnosis was still the same, I was more willing to let go cos I see the radiologists (who did the ultrasound scans) and the Dr (HF Wong - very patient dr) have done their best in analysing and advising.

If you are having a smooth pregnancy I think with Dr Ang's experience u r in good hands. If you need more consultation time and detailed analysis maybe you would like to try other recommended doctors.

Happy Pregnancy & Happy Motherhood to all!

hi all,

i've been with Dr. lawrence ang since first trimester and i did have my doubts about him at first and whether i would be comfortable with him... but upon the first meeting i really, really liked him already! i guess i got good vibes...

previously before i got pregnant i had been seeing Dr. Peter Chew at Gleneagles just for routine check ups and i didn't really like him at the end... so i could pay alot of money and be with a doctor i didnt really like and the clinic is at gleneagles so imagine the travelling from woodlands every month for scan... or pay 500(very cheap) for Dr. Lawrence Ang who i liked and whose clinic is so nearrrrrr, if i take a cab its $4.
happy.gif

like what most mummies here have commented he's always rushing and on the ball but waiting time wise, i've never had to wait more than half an hour on each of my visits. (i've had 3 visits with him so far). if you have any questions, yes please write them down and he'll gladly answer them and yes if he has time he will actually spend a bit of time talking to you heehee..

however, if you're very kan chiong and kiasu type and you have a million questions maybe Dr. Ang might not be suitable for you... although this is my first pregnancy i'm very relaxed and i eat everything and go out and have fun and try to be happy so for me Dr. Ang is great... chill and cool... i guess there's nothing like knowing you're in great hands...

twinkle-star > that's right!
when i was tested positive in the beginning and couldn't find the sac, he didn't use vaginal scan. instead he asked me to return another day to see him.
And yup, i got one pic per visit.
happy.gif

After 4th or 5th.. He did 3D scan too and gave me copies when the baby was in the right position..

I had Episiotomy and could feel cut but not the pain coz the labour pain was too overwhelming.

may i know that is it true that if dr ang finds it ok, the mummy only see him at week 36 instead of week34 after our week 32 visit? this was what was told to me by the nurse but i wonder if it is true as this is different from the schedule stated in the package and i felt insecure because of this as my baby is breech bb and i wanted a bit of more assurance from more frequent visits to check on bb's condition in terms of position.

Hiyee! If u have any doubts, dun feel paiseh to call up the clinic to ask. I tink if dr ang says ok to see u in 1 mth instead of 2 weeks but u r worried can juz let him know. He will advice. I tot breech bbies may bcome not breech as they may decide to turn ard if we wait a while. My fren gave birth naturally although at first they were quite sure they wld csect coz of breech position. Betta to ask than worry unnecessarily. I also asked him y he din do certain tests for me last time. he explained y n say if I want to do, can do now! So chop!

Hi Christine,
Yes, im under Dr Ang too. After my 32 weeks appt, i have to wait till 36 weeks. but then if you are not feeling well or what, just call them up and ask them to give you an earlier appointment.

Hi All, I have a very very bad exprience with Dr. Ang.
I canceled the package after the 3rd visit. The reason why we cancel is because.
1. 5 Minute for the total consultation time. You dont even have chances to ask him more question.
2. Not gentle enough, also very rush.
3. Long Waiting time.
4. Close on Saturday
5. His nurse (fat and old auntie) have a seriuos attitude problem.

Eventually we change to another Gynae (Dr. Poon King Fu) at Hougang. He dont have the above problem at all. (Just opposite). Dr. Ang is more gentle, and his consulation time is almost 20 minute. You can ask whatever you want, and he will explain to you very very very detail.

Hi Simon/all,

I am seeing Dr Ang as my gynae and I have to justify a few points here.

I think it's well-known that Dr Ang's consultation is always short and sweet, (like many mommies/daddies pointed out before, it's definitely not for the fussies or moms who wants doc to tell them everything without moms initiating the questions) but if you have any questions for him, I'm sure he would answer you and not brush you off. Or rather, that's the case for me... but the pre-requisite is, you must already know the questions you have for him.. & not wait till you are inside the consultation room then think of what to ask.
happy.gif

I guess this is because he has many patients and I'm sure you dont want to be the ones waiting for too long outside.
happy.gif

As for the long waiting time, I guess as long as you reach 15mins before your appointment time, you won't have to wait long.
There was once I was early by 30-45mins, I saw him on time and when I was on-time or 5mins late from the appointed time, I saw him in 30mins' time.

I have seen him once on a Saturday so I think he's closed on alternate satudays.
happy.gif

Have to agree some of the nurses there are quite rude (to me) on my first few visits but apparently they all turned okie after that... and that quite surprised me!
happy.gif

but whatever it is, I think it's always the best to go with your feelings. If you ain't comfy then don't make yourself unhappy.
happy.gif

Hi All,

Last visit, Dr Ang talked to me about different type of delivery. He sound like Cesarean is good for both baby and mummy. Thus I'm quite confuse. Anyone here can give advice?

I think best to clarify with him. In certain cases, c-sect may be a necessity eg. cervix cannot open, physical limitations, bb too big, bb in breech position etc.

I had my first Baby with Epidural.. my second one is due in 3 weeks' time based on Edd but i am still scared of the contraction pain...

should i go for epidural again??

hello,i;m back again:D just wanna share that my #2 also delivered by him just 19th last mth. I'm mesmerised by his accurate professional opinion and his care and concern for patient beyond office hours and call of duty. I was in KKH from 34 weeks for premature first stage labor.. the doctor team cannot decide after 3 days if i should go home because the labor seems to be not progressive but contractions remain regular no matter wad they do and I was already 3cm dilated and partially efface so i could move on to active labor anytime. From 4th day onwards til 10 th day. morning one doctor say i can go home. when i proceed to do discharge procedure and have to do CTG before they finalize my discharge, contractions remain 2 mins apart and strong so another doctor would come and see me and say i cannot discharge. morning one PERSUADE ME to discharge. Evening another PERSUADE me to stay.. every day for 6 days!as if i'm some difficult patient!I never asked to be discharge but everyday this is what I hear from them. different doctor see me everyday even morning and afternoon, all different doc. the doctor i was assigned to never turned up.so being confused, i called dr ang with every move they make from 5th day. day call him say they say i can discharge, he'll give me a date to see him at his clinic, and night i call him say they say cannot discharge then at fist he'll try explaining their worries for possibilities of complications to me for not discharging me or reasons for advising me to discharge with each move they make til eventually he also not sure what are the doctors up to at kkh.. , as early as 6 7 plus morning and as late as evening about same time.everytime some doctor come and overwhelm me with their indecisive conclusion.when i called he could be in the delivery suite, i once heard newborn cries and he toldme he just delivered a baby, or eating his meals but he never got impatient or angry. He never got irritated, ever so fatherly and advising me along.I'm not saying everyone should do that because he needs his personal time especially adequate rest too, but i was worried sick and feeling very helpless that these professionals at KKH cannot be trusted and so i counted on his advice to stay sane and make sure the KKH doctors know what they're doing. if any move seemed weird to dr ang, i'll discharge right away.I finally cannot stand the nonsense and discharged on the 11th day with dr ang's approval and went back to see him immediately and was 5cm dilated and delivered 4 days later safely at 36 weeks. he told me at his office i would deliver on that day itself and I was shocked! but everything was as he had told me. I really felt safe im his care for my two pregnancies.I want to say a big THANK YOU for holding my hands and walking me through this overwhelmingly scary and costly ordeal, bearing with me updating me on the prata flipping advice given to me by KKH doc team and coupled with the stress that my money was flowing like tap cos I stayed in A ward and nobody could tell me how soon I will be discharged until many days later i got to terms that I should downgrade to C class to cope with the bills for the remaining n numbers of days stay.Service in KKH has improved alot from years ago when my sister stayed there, but the doctor team is unbearably unprofessional.saying things like shouldn;t listen to which doctor cos not senior enough, who didn;t do checks just base on recorded check or test results etc...but 2 kids is enough..I'm sad that I wouldn;t want to see him again for pregnancy.I can only look forward to pap smear and IUD, I will really miss him and being under his care. By the way, I went KKHcos he advised me to do so becos per day of NICU care in Mt A my choice of hospital is $1k a day..the reason he did not come and check on me in KKH was becos he cannot override the doctor's decisions and diagnosis, at one stage he asked my ward details i guess he felt tempted to come and check on me. LOL! ;D

hello...anyone with low plancenta managed to deliver naturally under Dr ang? pls share your experience.

Dr ang disappointed me when it came the time for me to give birth. I was taking very long to dilate and he was very impatient. He kept warning me about preparing for a csection n i had to keep telling him that i'm going to dilate n give birth naturally. So it wasnt him encouraging me, it was me encouraging him. Thank god i finally started dilating but no thanks to dr ang.. All he did was to keep calling the hospital n asking the nurses if i had dilated cos i was him last patient for the day. Nevermind that i was irritated, even the nurses were irritated lol. Well i cannot force my cervix to dilate dear doctor. I finally gave birth at 6pm and i hope he had a nice dinner lol. Next baby, diff gynae for me definitely.

lsabella:
glad like that u stick to your heart. i had low plancenta and on the other hand wanted to do ligation. so he encouraged me to do c section. y would i want to do c section when its still more risky than normal delivery? its to his convenience coz he can do c sectiona n ligation at the same time. after i devliered naturally he still discouragecd me to go ligation. what he said...hard to get ma zhui shi at this hr (nite)... i think its more like he wanted to rush to do another delivery...

but whats the reason he wanted your fren to do c section?

Back