How do you ladies manage your finance for your TTC journey ?

I am quite bewildered when I read some ttc ladies here failed IVF after IVF and also failed IUI but still continue to do cycle after cycles of new IVF/IUI, visit another TCM, change a gynae, etc.

Are these ladies actually 'high flier' who earns at least $4k - $8k take-home pay per month ?

Besides subsidy (which also won't cover more than 50% for every failed attempt), did the ladies saved up alot for their TTC journey ?

I do know of someone who earns about $8k per month but she is a Director of a property organisation. She spent abt $30k on her second IUI child though she failed one IUI. Currently, she has 3 young kids. She is intending to get a 4th child but of different gender and she and her husband went 'gynae hopping' just to consult how to conceive another gender of a child. Omg !

Like no need money like that !

For me, I am just an OL admin lady who only earn $2k - $3k per month and I am hesitating to go IVF/IUI which has a high chance of failure (from what I gather here in this forum).

Any ladies also got money concern like me ?

Last edited:

I believe those whom want to plan/went for ivf/iui, will be financial stable before going.
Like mentioned, ivf/iui is not cheap.
Each couple have their own way. Maybe is hubby earn more? Maybe both have savings? Maybe both shared equally or something? Moreover ivf/iui usually is long process. Maybe can only do once per year? So average calculate is probably 4-5k spending per year on such?

To be honest if both husband and wife is SC, with Govt subsidy and medisave. Each IVF cycle takes about 4-5k cold hard cash only. The rest are all subsidised but this is only applicable to the subsidised treatment.
Plan ahead and prepare your finance well. Even when you’re pregnant there will be cost to be incurred along the way.
Be prudent in spending will goes a long way

Good luck!

I am quite bewildered when I read some ttc ladies here failed IVF after IVF and also failed IUI but still continue to do cycle after cycles of new IVF/IUI, visit another TCM, change a gynae, etc.

Are these ladies actually 'high flier' who earns at least $4k - $8k take-home pay per month ?

Besides subsidy (which also won't cover more than 50% for every failed attempt), did the ladies saved up alot for their TTC journey ?

I do know of someone who earns about $8k per month but she is a Director of a property organisation. She spent abt $30k on her second IUI child though she failed one IUI. Currently, she has 3 young kids. She is intending to get a 4th child but of different gender and she and her husband went 'gynae hopping' just to consult how to conceive another gender of a child. Omg !

Like no need money like that !

For me, I am just an OL admin lady who only earn $2k - $3k per month and I am hesitating to go IVF/IUI which has a high chance of failure (from what I gather here in this forum).

Any ladies also got money concern like me ?
I think when one has made up their mind to go for it, they will do whatever it takes money wise.

For me, we spent quite a bit privately on rounds of planning around the cycle with meds, then 2 rounds of IUI and it didnt work. That costed a bomb in a span of 6 months. We could not save $$ those months. Then we decided to go ahead with IVF and went with the one that we could somehow afford. Planned ahead for 2 rounds if first one fails. We used interest free IPP on our CC and hence broke it down to 12 months (much more manageable)

Thankfully it worked out the first cycle. But we ended up spending twice that amount during delivery as I gave birth to preterm twins.

Eventually you need to sit down and plan your finances around it. Look for alternatives, IPPs, save up first and so on.

We're not high fliers but we worked within the subsidies and MediSave usage to try and maximize those while minimizing our cash outlay.

But of course you definitely still need a bit of cash savings for this because there are things not covered within the program and also for when the MediSave withdrawal limits get lesser.

We also told ourselves that we'll work within the grants and if we exhaust them, that will also be when we stop.

Back