How do you know whether your baby has double eyelids?

hopeful81

hi,

does anybody knows how to see whether your baby has double eyelids? how long it take for the double eyelids to show?if they dont have it now, will they have it when they get bigger?

My girl is double eyelid, my boy is single eyelid.

For my girl, once she is out of my tummy, the doctor immediately said "Oh double eyelid!"

My boy now 3 years old, still single eyelids, never change.

So I think don't have means don't have lah.

My male cousin was single eyelid when he was born. After 3 to 4 months, he had double eyelids. My boy, who is 19 months, is born with single eyelids and still is.

My eldest ger double eyelips once shown on the 2nd day after born. Afterwhich disappear to nowhere till now close to 24mths. Some ppl comments tat certain child's double eyelips may only appear when grown up. Hopefully so...

As for 2nd daughter (coming to 3mth). She was born wif beautiful big eyes with deep double eyelips, hope it remains as it is always...hahaa
kao_sticktongue.gif

My dgt born with single eye lids. One eye developed double eye lid when she's 2, her other eye's double eye lid juz became prominent recently. She's coming to 4.

haha..

My cousin was born with single eyelids. 18 years later I realised she suddenly had double eyelids. She mentioned something about a doctor and cosmetic surgery... maybe this help??

Btw, if you have eyelips, can you use lipstick instead of mascara?

My younger girl born with only oneside double eyelid. The other side is either inside or don't have as my hubby eyes are deep and his double eyelids are deep in.

this is very interesting... i always thought i was a weird one... now i know.

i was born with single eyelids. until i was about p4, one eye developed the double eyelid. then like that, one eye have, one eye don't have until later... i think upper sec or what, then the other eye also developed the double eyelid. So weird right?

So my 3 kids, my son's eyes like mine, but from day 1 got double eyelids on both eyes. my girl's eyes like her father. so no double eyelid, also don't look like going to have. my baby's eyes are more like mine, but without double eyelid. so i think she might develop them as she is growing up....

my niece was born with single eyelids. only developed double eyelid when she turned one. It just appeared one day. Now she's 4 and the double eyelids v prominent.
My gal 6 mths old now, born with single eyelid
sad.gif
hope she develop hers eventually as hubby has very deep double lids while i m single lidded, sigh

my niece was born with single eyelids. only developed double eyelid when she turned one. It just appeared one day. Now she's 4 and the double eyelids v prominent.
My gal 6 mths old now, born with single eyelid
sad.gif
hope she develop hers eventually as hubby has very deep double lids while i m single lidded, sigh

gee.. this is an interesting thread!
for me, my hb is single eyelid whereas i've double eyelids. Unfortunately! both my sons r born with single eyelids... but recently, my 4yr old son's left side became double eyelid!but i tot he looked nicer with single eyelid... hahaha.....

my son born with prominent double eyelids but after few weeks, become less prominent and sometimes can't see, sometimes back to double. Anyone same case? mine double eyes lids, hubby less prominent, oso not sure is it double or single, hehe..

I was born single eyelids. Become double eyelids in secondary school. My hubby born single eyelids, 32 years later, 1 eye single and 1 eye double lids. My hubby's brother's son was also born single eyelids now double eyelids, recently only - he is 8 years old.

Think if the double eyelids are hidden, slowly will come out.

my daughter was born with only 1 beautifully defined dbl eyelid and the other is single. the difference is quite drastic and my PD diagnosed her with an eye condition called Ptosis when she was abt 6mths old.

He recommended surgery when she is abt 3-4yrs old and the surgery will correct her eye muscle and also at the same time, create a dbl eyelid to balance out both eyes. Fortunately, he said her condition is quite mild. only concern is that she will develop myopia on her smaller eye.

anyone has the same condition?

Hi storm,

Just happen to read this thread. My gal was diagnosed with Ptosis when she was 4mths. Is your daughter seeing a opthamalogist now? My daughter is and same thing lor, the doctor told me that she has to go for surgery to correct the muscle. She will have to use the tissue on her thigh to pull up the muscle. yup, you have to be watch out that she will not develope lazy eyes. My daughter developed into lazy eyes but has since be corrected. Unfortunately, in the end she has myopia.

hi berry

i havent brought her to opthamalogist yet. she's only 12mths old now. has yr daughter gone for the surgery yet?

if so, did the surgery help in balancing both eyes?

dorie,
my too, I all the way only 1 eye double eyelid and the other eye single eyelid, then P3 time, dunno what happen, double eyelid liao.
my hubby, more funny, double eyelid for both eyes at 32 year old. haha.. he undergo lasiek to correct eye sight, not comestic surgery... very funny.

Hi Storm,

My daughter started seeing opthamalogist at 6mths old. She is 7 this year. She has not gone for the surgery yet and she is very small size (she is born with genetic defects). She is only about 98cm now and the doctor said that she has to reach a normal 5-6 years old child's height in order to proceed with the surgery. The doctor told me that the surgery will be able to balance both eyes.

My gal is coming to a yr old but stil no double eyelids. Can see the double eyelids only when she wakes up fr her slp, opening her eyes at the moment. Hb and me have double eyelids. But stil cant c her double eyelids yet.. so long wait ah?

For me, my darling shown her double eyelid and dimples when she was born... Now she's already 2 weeks old, still can see the deep lines of the eyelids...

But for my son, who is 6 yrs old, he only shown his eyelids when he's about 1 yr old...

this is really interesting thread. I had always thought that you are either born with double eyelids or not and that doesn't change when you grow older. Seems that I was wrong....

yar.. interesting thread. and i thot i am the only weird one.. Me and my hubby both got double eyelids.. and i thot my ger will have also.. she's 3 weeks old now.. eyes still quite big but look like single eyelid leh. However, when she was borned and in hos.. i thot she got a bit of double eyelids.. now disappear.. a bit upset.. keep asking her where he double eyelids gone to.. bad mother.. hehe.. but i think all babies still look cute lah whether double or single... but still hope will come out lor..

My son was born with single eyelid. His eyes were so puffy that my friend commented that he looks like Master Yoda!

He developed double eyelid in his left eye around 2 months. Then for a few months he had one side double eyelid, one side single. The other side only developed around 6 months.

My #1 was born with single eyelids, then as she got older, get double eyelids when sleepy, and abt 10mths, she now has lovely double eyelids.

My #2 was born with v obvious double eyelids, then now seem to be disappearing...she's 4mths+. My mom says she's like me, born with double, grow up the double eyelids disappear.

my daughter now 28 months... her double eyelid will come & go. There was a time that the double eyelid appeared for weeks time.. now dissapeared again.. haha..

both me and my hubby have double eyelids but both my sons came out single eyelid!!! hopefully the double eyelids will show soon...

Both me and my hubby also have double eyelids, but when my son came out cant tell. Even when he was a few months old, his double eyelids was sometimes can see and sometimes not. It is only now that he is 11 months old that is really obvious. I think so long if both parents have, most likly the child will have too.

Interesting thread!
Both me and hubby have double eyelids, except my hubby eyes are deep set. When my boy came out, heng ah! Double eyelids with dimples on both sides. But few days later, both disappered. Now at 11 weeks, only when he drink milk, I can see the faint lines. When eyes are wide open, single eyelids. Can hardly see his dimples now.

Interesting !!!!
Seems like the double eye lid can come and go
anyway i have double eye lid, huuby too but not obvious, its hidden.
My daughter has a pair of small eyes like her daddy but single eyelid.
double eyelid will come out only when she wake up for the first few sec then its gone : )

My daughter was double eye lid before , but after she get the " Chalazion" her eye shape totally changed. Now she is recover from it, but how come her double eye lid change to single eye lid? Will the double eye lid comes back? Please let me know if anyone can help me with this. Thank's~

I have double eyelids but my hubby has single eyelids. when my girl was born, her double eyelids weren't obvious at all. one side started showing at 3 months.. the other side at 6 months! so queer right haha..

but now her double eyelids are obvious
happy.gif

didn't know that double eyelids can "disappear".. hmmm..

Ai @ http://sakuraharuka.blogspot.com

ya, if both parents have double eyelids then bb very high chance also got.

for those who got it when they grow older like when 20 yrs old and above, think is more like the skin from the lids sagging that develops it.

No one can predict whether the child would have double eyelid or a single eyelid. It depends on which gene would dominate.

Just to update my post on -  

Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 9:24 pm:       
my son born with prominent double eyelids but after few weeks, become less prominent and sometimes can't see, sometimes back to double. Anyone same case? mine double eyes lids, hubby less prominent, oso not sure is it double or single, hehe..

Now my 5 years old boy has prominent double eyelids.

Back