How do I choose a stroller/ diaper bag?

benjamineu

Hi :)

I am interested in purchasing a baby stroller and diaper bag.

I am looking at higher end strollers such as the Stokke Xplory, 4moms Origami or Bugaboo. I would like for them to be durable and have unique features that help me take care of my baby outdoors like being able to change diapers easily, be able to open and close easily, have a cool environment for my baby.

As for diaper bags, I hope to be able to get something more classy and have enough space or pockets for me to sort out my items.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Choosing stroller is pretty much depend on your lifestyle, like whether you drive or take public transport more, go shopping center more or mostly go outdoor like for go for jogging. Higher end strollers are stylish and solid, have their own special features, but their acessories are expensive and not compatible with other brands, this is especially for infant car seat and adapters. So if you drive you may need to consider this. Most important is u try at the store to have a feel of how to operate all the functions and carry it to see how heavy it is.

Diaper bag is very personal and depends on how much things u need to bring out, if u need to bottle feed then you will need something bigger or boxy.

I can only comment on Stokke as I have one. Do note that if u go for Stokke, it's not easy top open n close easily. For Xplory, u will need 2 remove d seat fr d chasis, as u may have known fr d research dat u have done in order 4 u 2 come up wif d final 3 strollers.

I use it quite often cos of d height n sometimes when I really cant get DD into a changing room, I can change her diaper on d stroller.

Actually, agree with nvidia, it's quite how much u wan 2 get out of your stroller. I only have this stroller n I find dat it serves me well. I take public transport (Train / taxi) wif my stokke, just not d bus since Stokke is not a foldable stroller.

Thanks for your comments.

@nvidia, I am looking for something that has more features and is stylish but I also understand that they may require the use of a car for easy transportation due to its weight. May I know what stroller are you using now and what makes you purchase it?

@tiggerpooh: That's great! I like the Xplory and see that there's an increasing number of people using it. Maybe you can tell me more about what makes you think its worth buying? Especially with the high price of the stroller and its accessories?

D following were wat was included when I bought d stroller
1) Chasis
2) Stroller seat (i didnt get d cot)
3) Rain cover (never used)
4) Mosquito net (Never used)

As mentioned in my previous post, I love d height. When I bring my gal out, I am able 2 interact wif her without bending down. Talking 2 her as I push d stroller in shopping malls. I guess dat may b 1 of d reason y u r seeing more Stokke strollers. N also in recent year, Stokke has come up wif more version of strollers other than Xplory. D other plus thing 4 me is when I have tea break or meals outside, I m able 2 use d stroller as high chair.

We did look at other strollers (disregarding d price when we looked arnd), but we always compare them back to Stokke. N we decided dat it wld b a gd stroller 2 buy. Yes, its cumbersome 2 keep d stroller, but since we live just min away fr a train station, I dont see a prob if I have 2 bring my gal out n DH is too busy to drive me. N I could always take d cab (Only thing was 2 teach cab drivers how 2 remove d stroller seat n fold d chasis.)

My gal is 2 yrs now n we still use d stroller when we go 2 d zoo or USS or other full day activities. It has serve us well.

Hope this helps.

For me as I got a infant car seat n base hand down so my choice was rather simple either to use it and get a stroller or not to use it and go for a entire new travel system. The car seat was still in good condition and it will only last for around 12mth when baby outgrow, so decided to just to get a stroller only.

I bought it when my baby was almost 2mths old since we only really want to go out for leisure by then. I got Easywalker stroller, a mid range in term of price. Can clip on the infant car seat with an adapter, very easy to open and close as well as lift up and take out from the car boot. The seat can be fully reclined which is good for napping. Overalll It serves well for transportation purpose as a basic kind of stroller.

I didn't plan to get higher end stroller also because up to a certain age your baby may not want to sit inside, they would either want to walk n run around or ask daddy mammy to carry, this could happen after they can walk as experienced by some of my friends, so I also want the money spent can be justified with the number of usage.

We bought a bugaboo bee after testing out its functionality. To my hubby and I, ease of manoeuvrability and its ergonomics are of utmost importance to us. Secondly, it shouldnt be too bulky and should look pleasantly stylish too (for the little fashionista in me!). We shopped around in the second trimester before placing order for a bugaboo as its definitely a hefty investment at a whopping 1.5k. So far we have tried changing diapers on the bugaboo bee. We also like how it is really really easy to manoeuvre and is sturdy but lightweight :)

To be honest, (dont judge!), we were persuaded by bugaboo's extensive list of hollywood starlets' and the britain royal family's endorsement of the brand before plunging to get one. And so far it hasnt disappoint.

Re: diaper bags, you can check out Ju-Ju-Be. They are highly raved with lots of good reviews, and they have a lot of prints so you can choose one that suits your style. I just bought the B.F.F. last month (my first JJB), brought it on a test run to Perth, and loving it thus far!

Back