Hong Kong Disneyland

hi,

1) macau day trip i will recommend the must go to the castle n also lots of shopping n food over there.

2) if u not intend to book a hotel at Disneyland, must bring stroller for yr young one to take afternoon nap n many cafe for u to take a break. i will recommend u to stay till 7pm for the fire works show, must not miss tat, is nice!

Just to share,

Coach just open its outlet store at citygate outlet mall :
Opening hours : 10:30 - 21:30
L2-246, Citygate Outlets, Tung Chung

Mummies who are going HK and checking out this coach outlet store, do let us know whether there is any good buy!!

<font color="0000ff">May I know for Prudential Hotel, what's the difference between Superior and Deluxe room?</font>

Hi folks

I am looking at HK for the period of 13th Dec to 20th Dec and want to rent a service apartment reason

1) Bigger
2) Cooking facilities
3) More convenient with kids.

However, most HK service apartment is minimum one month stay. Wondering if any mums want to pool dates for HK for Dec so we can share the apartment and split the cost?

Looking at http://www.royalviewsuite.com.hk/
2 bedroom apartment. Cost is HK$ 20,200.00 HK$24,500.00 + broadband additional HK$300 per month. Works out to around HK$ 6,000 per week.

Hi mummies,

Would like to find out if it's easier to rent strollers in HK? I.e from Disneyland, Ocean Park and the shopping malls? Thanks.

When I was at Disneyland, I saw strollers were available for rental. Not sure if it's the same in Ocean Park or shopping malls.

Hi,

Am going HK Disneyland in Dec. As I don't have airport transfer, is it convenient to travel from HK airport to Disneyland with luggage?

hi latio,

you can easily catch a cab to disneyland. are you staying at the hotels there? else you can take the mtr from the airport but it involves some train changing and if u have kids and luggage to lug ard, easier to take cab. not very expensive
happy.gif

Hi P_P02,

Yup I'm staying at Disney Hollywood Hotel. The Disney website state that it only takes 23 mins from airport to the park so I'm wondering if is it convenient to just take the MTR there. I only have 1 kid so thought it is easier and cheaper travelling via MTR. Can share roughly how much it cost to travel by cab? And I understand we cannot take any cab, only certain cab goes there right?

hi latio,

that's the same hotel i stayed at. it's quite nice
happy.gif
if i remember correctly, it was about HK100 or so getting to the hotel. but if you travel by mtr, i think you have to get on the airport express, then get to a particular station, tung chung, if i remember correctly, where u change train and then you have to get the train to another station where you switch to the disneyland line...after which you have to take the shuttle to the hotel.

though you only have 1 kid, after a 3.5hr flight, i'm not sure if you wanna drag kid and luggage around like that...the cab colour is blue i think or green also can. there will be clear signs to tell u. take the lantau island cabs. you can also check at the airport. not difficult
happy.gif

have a great trip
happy.gif

Hi P_P02,

Thanks for the tips. I thought it is a direct line from airport to sunny bay, din study the MTR track properly, din know that still need to change to tung chung line then can go to the disney line.

hi, i went last year, last week Nov, already quite packed, even on weekdays. i was worse when i went Ocean park too. During Oct-Dec period, I'm sure the crowd will be there bah. And don't be surprised by the PRC (sorry not racist) when you are there, they simply don't Q up. But if you are booked the hotel there, I believe there is a promo going on, whereby you can enter the park for 2 days. So anything you can't finished you can just visit the next day.
happy.gif

hi Mummies

personally, i think u can bring ur stroller to HK, it is v useful in Disneyland and the big shopping malls.

last yr, i went with my 2 yr old, without stroller, and she wants to be carried all the time, ended up hubby and I were dead tired :<

transfer from HK airport to disneyland is pretty easy and convenient, so dun worry. u jus ask the train receptionist at airport, they will direct u.

Can anyone share more about the character breakfast at Disneyland hotel? Do we hv to book in advance? How much?

I remember i had made a posting on the b/f @ disneyland hotel. Pls refer to previous pages of this thread for details or just visit disneyland HK website..

Yes, need to book in advance. Hope u have their annual pass, got some discount.

Hi Summer,

Don;t think there is any website that can book @cheaper rate.
I booked directly and bought their annual pass to get discount on room rate.

llynn:
try the Corner cafe at main street.. not too bad and good service.
or the royal banquet at fantasyland-like food court style and more variety.
In the morning, can try to eat breakfood with the disney characters @ Plaza Inn (need to book in advance) and u can go into disneyland even before it is opened.
The rest are so-so..don't expect too much type of food..

thanks kwala..planning to buy annual pass..

If need to hv 2 meals at Disney, any suggestion which restaurant for lunch/dinner:

Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel:
Grand Salon
Crystal Lotus
Disney’s Hollywood Hotel:
Chef Mickey
Studio Lounge
Hong Kong Disneyland Theme Park: Plaza Inn

Hi llynn,

Depend on your budget and schedule.

If u stay in disneyland hotel, u can have breakfast with character (sorry, can;t remember which restaurant)-need to pre-book.

Crystal lotus-chinese food but v expensive and nothing v special abt it, just v classy type of restaurant.

Can't remember grand salon, if it is the one at the hotel lobby one then it serve simple food. But the breakfast is not too bad. it a small international buffet spread.

Hollywood hotel:

Chef mickey is a better choice. I went for their buffet breakfast. lot of variety.. i think their is buffet meal..
Studio lounge is more like a bar for drinking ..

If at Disneyland, Plaza Inn is not too bad a choice. They serve congee so it is good for young kids. Still got discount for annual pass holder...

Hope I remember everything correctly cos I went > 6mths ago liao

Hi would like to ask whether anyone knows how much is the park entrance ticket for adults and kids? Also for the play 1 day and get another day free offer for hotel guests, do we still need to get tickets for all?
If we get an annual pass for 1 child, will the rest of the family members have discount for the character breakfast?

Hi Jeng,

not sure what the entrance fee now. U can just go to the disneyland website and check.

For the play 1 day free another, dont quite understand your question. U need to buy a day ticket and then the ticket back will indicate that u get the next day free. I think need to buy the ticket when check in the hotel and they will tell u the term and condition.

Just produce your annual pass when u ask for the bill and discount will be for that bill.

Hi kwala,
thx for your info. Checked the website. Was actually trying to see is it more worth it buying the annual pass for 1 child.
Am I right to say that the character bf at Disneyland hotel is better than Hollywood hotel?

Hi jeng,

as far as i know there is no bf with character at hollywood hotel.

For the annual pass, u need to calculate the discount u can get off the hotel rate + food and see if it is worth to buy.

Last time, I stay in disneyland hotel for 3 days and got 30% off room rate...so it is quite worth to get the annual pass..

Hi,
I've just booked my Cathay airtix &amp; accom online @ Disney's Hollywood Hotel. May I know if it's ex to transfer from airport to hotel by cab? Or taking train is better?

hi YB,

just year i travelled from airport to disney hollywood by cab. think it was about HK100? not sure if rates have gone up. you can check the web for info. i feel taking train a bit troublesome...but that's just me
happy.gif

hi YB, when r u going? I am also going there.. in Nov.. think I will take cab fr airport to hotel.. since is relatively 'nearby' abt hkd100-150. But going to Hk Central, will take MTR to avoid the traffic jam..mummies who went HK before.agree??

hi mummies.. one more question, did any of you prebook for lunch or dinner? I am already planning for breakfast for these

Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel:
Enchanted Garden
Disney’s Hollywood Hotel:
Chef Mickey
Hong Kong Disneyland Theme Park: Plaza Inn

Wonder is it Ok to get dinner/supper at other eating outlets in Disney? Anyone can share your experience? \
thx thx!
rgds

i am thinking of bringing my children to HK Disneyland too. It is my boy's dream, but my husband stingy. He can afford but he not willing to spend.Sigh.

Hi mummies, we are going to HK Disneyland on 26 Nov. We've booked a room in Disneyland Hotel but didn't realise we need to book in advance the b/fast with the Disney characters. For the booking, do we do it upon arrival, or should we do it now? My son's looking forward to this b/fast, and I hope we don't miss this. Thanks in advance for your advice.

csb,
I just came back from HK Disneyland. R u staying at Disneyland Resort Hotel or Disney Hollywood Hotel? Priority booking for b'fast @ Disneyland Resorts only applies to guest NOT staying in Disneyland Resorts Hotel.

I stayed in Disney Hollywood Hotel &amp; we can still book the b/fast @ Disney Hollywood Hotel OR Theme Park upon check-in. However, characters b'fast only available @ theme park &amp; Disneyland Resorts. B'fast @ theme park will be tim sum whereas disneyland resorts offer buffet b'fast.

Btw, HK is super cold now. On the 3 days that we're there, we hardly see the sun &amp; the wind is very strong. My gal kept complaining her hands are very cold. So make sure u bring gloves for your child as the shops @ disneyland doesn't sell gloves.

Hi YB,

Thanks for the alert about the coldness. Can I find out how old's your girl and how many layers of shirts did she need? Or did she have a ultra-thick jacket? I'm thinking of giving my 6-year-old 2 layers of t-shirts. Is this sufficient? Sorry if I sound clueless.

csb,
My gal is abt 3.5yrs old. She was wearing 1 cotton t-shirt, 1 sweater &amp; 1 thick winter jacket with pants+leg warmers+socks. Yet, she still complained her hands &amp; legs are cold. U may wish to bring thick socks or tights/leg warmers &amp; gloves/hat for ur child.

It's better to dress ur child in layers as u can take the jacket on/off when u r indoors/outdoors. The temp is not very low but the wind can be very harsh, esp at night. Do note that during autumn/winter, by 4pm, the sky will turn dark.

Hope ur son enjoys his trip to Disneyland. My gal absolutely LOVE it. Not to mention the numerous popcorn carts found all over Disneyland &amp; our stay @ Disney's Hollywood Hotel (my gal called it Mickey's house). She even cried when we're already on plane heading to SG &amp; kept insisting on going back to hotel. :p

Hi Mummies,

I'm planning for a trip to HK Disneyland during the 1st wk of Jun. Can I know:

1) Between Hong Kong Disneyland &amp; Disney Hollywood Hotel, which one is better in terms of price, location (nearer to Disneyland) &amp; facilities (newer &amp; more child friendly)?

2) Besides Disneyland, also planned to visit Ocean Park, Madame Tussauds Museum, Nong Ping Cable Car &amp; Victoria Peak so which part of HK is the best location to stay (centralised to all attracttions)? e.g Kowloon or Mongkok or??

Appreciate ur help!!
happy.gif

Hi bluesnow, we stayed at Hong Kong Disneyland the facade of which I thought looked more beautiful than Disney Hollywood Hotel's. The room was comfy and nicely done up. We were there for just 1 night, and the highlight for my son was the breakfast with the Disney characters. I understand that Hong Kong Disneyland is more expensive. As my husband did the booking, I don't know the rate and the difference between the 2 hotels.

Hi bluesnow
we've just come bk fr HK on 1 Jan. We visited all the places that u had mentioned. We stayed at Island Shangri-la (HK Island) and getting to the peak via peak tram is a breeze as the station is very near to our hotel. As for Disneyland, we stayed at Disneyland Hotel. Agree it looks nicer than Hollywood. Price wise, Disneyland is $500+ while Hollywood abt $350+. However do note the free shuttle bus always picks up passengers from Disneyland hotel before Hollywood so expect a longer queue and wait if u choose Hollywood. Similarly on your way bk to hotel from theme park, guests from Disneyland hotel get to alight 1st since it's the 1st stop.

Hi Csb &amp; Jeng,
Tks so much for the info!
happy.gif

Hi Csb,
So breakfast with the Disney characters is at Chef Mickey restaurant @ Hong Kong Disneyland, not Disney Hollywood ya? Do the characters appear everyday &amp; are there any timing? Whom did u see btw? My gal is really hoping to see Mickey, Minnie or Goofy there =) Also, is the stay incl. of brkfast or do we have to book separately? Which room type did u stay in? Is it big &amp; comfotable enough for a family of 3 &amp; are the shower heads removable for easier showering of kids?

Hi Jeng,
How long is the shuttle ride from Disney Hollywood Hotel to Disneyland? Are there any brkfast with Disney characters as well? Which room type did u stay in? Is it big &amp; comfortable enough for a family of 3 &amp; are the shower heads removable for easier showering of kids?

Oh btw mummies, heard the restaurants in Disneyland are always packed so gotta booked in advace.. is it true? Any nice ones to recommend &amp; any to avoid?

Also, any nice dim sum or chinese restaurant/shops u mummies can recommend in Kowloon area? I'm planning to stay @ Prudential Hotel in Kowloon since Jordan MRT is just right underneath so very convenient. All the main shopping areas are also just nearby &amp; within walking distance too =)

Tks so much mummies!
happy.gif

Hi bluesnow,
I stayed in disneyland resort seaview room so I can't tell u much abt Hollywood hotel. All the characters your child likes will b there. We saw goofy, Mickey n Minnie n Pluto. Extremely friendly. Kept coming back to the table to play n take photo with us. Great fun. Room wise, enough for a family of 4. Kids can listen/watch bedtime stories from phone in room. They love it. Gals can hv makeover to become any of the disney princesses for a price in Disneyland hotel. Overall it's a happy place. The toilet has no removable shower heads.

Hi, any mummies had brought their kids on e crystal cable car to e big Buddha ? Is it very terrifying? My 7 yr old boy would like to sit in it but I have a gal at 3 yr old . Can I bring my pram in it too?
It's my first time to hong kong, would like to seek advice on transportation too, usually with kids is it more convenient to travel by train or bus? R their mtr having e same peak crowded time as mrt in sin?
Would appreciate kind advices
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

Planning for a trip to HK in early June &amp; wondering what's the temperature like? Can anyone share? Ok to wear leggings, sleeveless top &amp; sandals? Any jackets required? Tks a million!!
happy.gif

Angelzk the crystal cable car is quite okie and cost a little more. Quite enjoyable but it will last abt 35mins of ride. If you are scared of heights, then just take the normal cable car with normal view so you wouldn't be in fear throughout the ride. U can bring in the pram but it must closed.
Transportation are fine. Trains usually more crowded in peak hrs like am and evening. However the trains are pretty fast and frequent.
I bought their Octopus Card as it is easier. You can refund it at the end of your journey
Frankly in hk everywhere is crowded for me.

dim sum:1.
新樂酒樓-Shamrock Hotel 彌敦道223號新樂酒店地下 佐敦地鐵站C1出口 Jordan MRT C1 Exit.

there's another place for nice dim sum at silver.. cannot remember.. will ask my hubby and let u girls know
R) SEAFOOD
at carp gate (lei yu mun). far away though. this place has many small fresh seafood shops. you point at what you want, tell them which restaurant you're eating at (many restaurants there for you to choose from), and they'll have the seafood delivered straight from the tanks to the kitchens of the restaurants. very very fresh, but of course pricey. but definitely cheaper than seafood in singapore. seafood is more special also. lots of interesting shellfish

For food, I would highly recommend the steamboat at this restaurant, but pls make sure to make reservations or you could end up queueing for long long time :
Tao Heung Restaurant (Winsdor House, Causeway Bay)
Tel - +852 28319155

Hi

I will be going to Hong Kong and staying in Nathan Hotel in May.
Any good recommendation for food (tsim sum) and factory outlet for shopping

Thanks

Hi,

For the disneyland annual pass 35% off hotel booking promotion, must I buy an adult or child annual pass?

Do you call the hotel reservation hotline or book through the online system?

Thanks

hi, i just came back from HK last sunday and forgot to return the octopus cards as we were rushing to catch the flight
sad.gif
have 3 adult octopus cards - each with a refundable deposit of 50HKD, and balance of at least 17-51HKD in each card (we can't remember how much exactly, but the minimum is 17HKD cos I remember using it just before the flight to purchase stuff from disneyland and the balance in my card was 17HKD). Looking to just get back my deposit of 150HKD, ie 30SGD, for the 3 cards.

if keen, pls PM or sms me at 94235480. Thanks!

Back