Help on fertility treatment advise

Evelyn5248

we have trying to conceive for past 2 years and its getting tough and stressful to our marriage after series of fertility check up and doc confirmed there is no issue between me and my husband. My eggs count is in optimal level so as my husband sperm. Yet, we still couldn't get to conceive.
KKH doc advise us to take Super Ovulation IUI considering our current condition before we opt for IVF. We went for 2nd advise from Thomson medical, doc there said since i have optimal level of eggs might as well go for IVF. Otherwise, its a waste if i produce more than 3 eggs during SO IUI, they will have to call off the process and re-arrange it.
We are initially trying to plan for IVF for this december, but was being told the doctor will be on leave during christmas season, so being scheduled to next February instead. During this period of time, i would like to try some other method that would be able to help me to conceive if possible.
I heard from one of my Malaysia friend that she get her gynaecologist to help on monitoring her ovulation and break the follicle on the ovulation before the trying for baby at home. May i know if we have do that service available? Which gynaecologist will you recommend?

How do they break the follicle? I dont think there is such a thing

One other way is you take certain meds that actually makes you ovulate and then monitor your ovulation day by using ovulation predictor kits.

we have trying to conceive for past 2 years and its getting tough and stressful to our marriage after series of fertility check up and doc confirmed there is no issue between me and my husband. My eggs count is in optimal level so as my husband sperm. Yet, we still couldn't get to conceive.
KKH doc advise us to take Super Ovulation IUI considering our current condition before we opt for IVF. We went for 2nd advise from Thomson medical, doc there said since i have optimal level of eggs might as well go for IVF. Otherwise, its a waste if i produce more than 3 eggs during SO IUI, they will have to call off the process and re-arrange it.
We are initially trying to plan for IVF for this december, but was being told the doctor will be on leave during christmas season, so being scheduled to next February instead. During this period of time, i would like to try some other method that would be able to help me to conceive if possible.
I heard from one of my Malaysia friend that she get her gynaecologist to help on monitoring her ovulation and break the follicle on the ovulation before the trying for baby at home. May i know if we have do that service available? Which gynaecologist will you recommend?

Hi,

i think what you meant by breaking the Follicle is referring to the “ Trigger Shot”

This is usually for couple who are on very close monitoring or undergoing IUI treatment. They will usually get a trigger shot (To push the egg out of the follicles) before going for IUI.
If your period is 28 days cycle, probably you can go into the clinic and check the size of your follicle at day 12-14 to see the size of follicles. And get your doctor advice from there.
Oh and i saw a couple of ladies got pregnant with the help of tian yuan xiang (pregnancy plan) chicken essence!

jiayou!!

yea...I guess trigger shot is the thing. My friend have mentioned about it to allow the sperm to bypass the breakthrough process into follicle. does it consider as part of IUI process? if that's the case, then what's the different between IUI and normal injection process proposed by gynae?

yea...I guess trigger shot is the thing. My friend have mentioned about it to allow the sperm to bypass the breakthrough process into follicle. does it consider as part of IUI process? if that's the case, then what's the different between IUI and normal injection process proposed by gynae?

IUI is your husband sperm will be washed and prepared , then your gynae will insert a catheter into your uterus , which the sperm will bypass the cervix , and by doing IUI, it gives the sperm a headstart to meet the egg because it doesn’t need to swim through the cervix .
if you have no problem in ovulating ( optimal follicle size ) , the trigger shot is not needed , because it is usually used for assisted reproduction treatment.
for example polycystic ovaries , cant ovulate well , thats why use medication to make the follicles big , ultimately the trigger shot is typically used on day 14 of your cycle , to push the egg out of the follciles to meet the sperm .

so maybe you go check out with your gynae regarding the egg size , then you can ask if you need / can use the trigger shot . After the trigger shot is done , go home & do, because it is better for the sperm to wait for the egg. & usually ovulation will occur 24-48 hours after trigger shot ( where peak LH surge occurs ).

Have you tried using OPK ?

IUI is your husband sperm will be washed and prepared , then your gynae will insert a catheter into your uterus , which the sperm will bypass the cervix , and by doing IUI, it gives the sperm a headstart to meet the egg because it doesn’t need to swim through the cervix .
if you have no problem in ovulating ( optimal follicle size ) , the trigger shot is not needed , because it is usually used for assisted reproduction treatment.
for example polycystic ovaries , cant ovulate well , thats why use medication to make the follicles big , ultimately the trigger shot is typically used on day 14 of your cycle , to push the egg out of the follciles to meet the sperm .

so maybe you go check out with your gynae regarding the egg size , then you can ask if you need / can use the trigger shot . After the trigger shot is done , go home & do, because it is better for the sperm to wait for the egg. & usually ovulation will occur 24-48 hours after trigger shot ( where peak LH surge occurs ).

Have you tried using OPK ?
thank you very much on your respond. yes I used OPK to track my ovulation. I did ovulated but then miracle just not happened on me.
end up....making babies become a pressure to our marriage relationship and we are not enjoying it anymore.

thank you very much on your respond. yes I used OPK to track my ovulation. I did ovulated but then miracle just not happened on me.
end up....making babies become a pressure to our marriage relationship and we are not enjoying it anymore.

Then i supposed they recommended IVF for you and your husband because when they extract your egg , they will be able to see the quality of the egg. Not a bad idea actually, i saw some lady here did fertility massage before going for IVF to improve their egg quality & uterus lining. Like a preparation, Maybe you can try?
Jiayou!

Then i supposed they recommended IVF for you and your husband because when they extract your egg , they will be able to see the quality of the egg. Not a bad idea actually, i saw some lady here did fertility massage before going for IVF to improve their egg quality & uterus lining. Like a preparation, Maybe you can try?
Jiayou!
in fact,they want me to try on SO IUI instead of IVF. The doctor advise to try at least 2-3 times of SO IUI before go with IVF. I never heard about the fertility massage before. does anyone have any recommend fertility message to share?

in fact,they want me to try on SO IUI instead of IVF. The doctor advise to try at least 2-3 times of SO IUI before go with IVF. I never heard about the fertility massage before. does anyone have any recommend fertility message to share?

Hmm but i dont quite understand why you can ovulate and yet they still advice you to go for SO-IUI . Super ovulation IUI is usually for people who can’t ovulate well ( SO- IUI include medication + injection ) to boost ovulation. You checked with your gynae about it already?

hmm u can go the search button here and look for Angelia Massage, she is quite popular. alot of threads about the massage , you can find some info from there.

Hmm but i dont quite understand why you can ovulate and yet they still advice you to go for SO-IUI . Super ovulation IUI is usually for people who can’t ovulate well ( SO- IUI include medication + injection ) to boost ovulation. You checked with your gynae about it already?

hmm u can go the search button here and look for Angelia Massage, she is quite popular. alot of threads about the massage , you can find some info from there.

yeah....according to doc..this is classified as unexplained infertility. so having SO IUI is the best entry level as fertility treatment they would propose. I am also not very sure with it.

yeah....according to doc..this is classified as unexplained infertility. so having SO IUI is the best entry level as fertility treatment they would propose. I am also not very sure with it.

Ohh!! I see i see .
maybe you can try the massage or Tian yuan xiang chicken essence ( pregnancy plan ) to build up your body a few months before trying IUI.
Baby dust to all of us ! :)

Yea this is our issue too and that’s why we decided on IUI/SO-IUI. I used test strips to test for surge and have to tell hubby it’s time to BD. He feels pressured after a while. Both of us also travel so it makes it even more difficult.

Doc says technically we are both healthy. He recommended SO-IUI cuz higher chances to ensure lining and follicles grow. Hubby sperms considered normal and I have high egg reserve too.

Yea this is our issue too and that’s why we decided on IUI/SO-IUI. I used test strips to test for surge and have to tell hubby it’s time to BD. He feels pressured after a while. Both of us also travel so it makes it even more difficult.

Doc says technically we are both healthy. He recommended SO-IUI cuz higher chances to ensure lining and follicles grow. Hubby sperms considered normal and I have high egg reserve too.
All the best!Baby dust to all TTC!

Doc has recommended SO-IUI for me but I’m hitting 40 in a few months time and in my heart I cannot bear to miss the co-funding from government for IVF. My issue is ovulation and my hubby is normal. Now in a dilemma should I try SO-IUI first or just go IVF straight since I’m considered old already.

Though IVF success is higher and I’m not working for now but overall more disruptive to the body. Really cannot come to a firmed decision on which to attempt first.

Doc has recommended SO-IUI for me but I’m hitting 40 in a few months time and in my heart I cannot bear to miss the co-funding from government for IVF. My issue is ovulation and my hubby is normal. Now in a dilemma should I try SO-IUI first or just go IVF straight since I’m considered old already.

Though IVF success is higher and I’m not working for now but overall more disruptive to the body. Really cannot come to a firmed decision on which to attempt first.

Go with any options you preferred! Sometimes cannot consider too much, especially near 40s :)
Try discuss with your SO on which to go first.

Go with any options you preferred! Sometimes cannot consider too much, especially near 40s :)
Try discuss with your SO on which to go first.
i personally think might as well go ahead with IVF after my SO IUI. The similarity of SO IUI and IVF are alike. The toughest part is the process of injection and emotional control over your hormone surge. By doing IVF, you would be able to know the quality of your eggs and higher chance of getting pregnant since its fertilised. SO IUI is only helping you to ovulate and ease the effort of sperm to swim all the way up to the ovary. It doesn't assure any possibility of fertilised. After SO IUI,you and your husband will still have to go back and try on your own to further increase the possibility of being conceived.
I do agree with goes with what you are more comfortable with.:)

i personally think might as well go ahead with IVF after my SO IUI. The similarity of SO IUI and IVF are alike. The toughest part is the process of injection and emotional control over your hormone surge. By doing IVF, you would be able to know the quality of your eggs and higher chance of getting pregnant since its fertilised. SO IUI is only helping you to ovulate and ease the effort of sperm to swim all the way up to the ovary. It doesn't assure any possibility of fertilised. After SO IUI,you and your husband will still have to go back and try on your own to further increase the possibility of being conceived.
I do agree with goes with what you are more comfortable with.:)

I second @Evelyn5248. Infact, I failed a total of 7 IUI/SO-IUI before I muster my courage to do IVF. But if I could turn back the clock, I would have gone straight to IVF instead of wasting time and money on IUIs. Not that IVF can guarantee a success but with ICSI, you kinda get a fertilization straight-away instead of doing-the-deed and waiting for fertilization to happen in an IUI/SO-IUI scenario.

Agreed with milogal88 and Evelyn5248 as well
IVF have better success rate than IUI.
But sometimes both can still failed (just like me where I failed 3x IVF and 1x IUI)
I got success through fertility massage instead.
So well, don't give up any chance if you want a baby :)
Definitely goes with the one you prefer/comfortable with

Thank u all for your thoughts and advice!
Hope I can make it on time.

Likely I will go ahead with IVF if everything is smooth for me.

With regards to ICSI the doctor told me there might be some side effects like if bb is a boy the penis is not normal I couldn’t understand her meaning. Anyone knows? Thanks all!

With regards to ICSI the doctor told me there might be some side effects like if bb is a boy the penis is not normal I couldn’t understand her meaning. Anyone knows? Thanks all!

Not sure about penis not normal but I did come across this article previously: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/10/161006101459.htm

We have a support group whereby our IVF babies are conceived in 2016 and the mummies with boys including my boy has normal penis. So I'm not sure what your doc meant. But I would say, abnormalities can happen to any preg, be it natural conceived or via ART.

For penis abnormal, I think is mainly due to male infertility or due to male sperm. But I aren't very sure of it. Think heard/read from somewhere before. You should clarify with the doctor on what he/she meant

The doctor mentioned a term for it but I don’t quite get her. This is the only thing she highlighted for ICSI. I’m not really concerned since I’m more prone to IVF.

The doctor mentioned a term for it but I don’t quite get her. This is the only thing she highlighted for ICSI. I’m not really concerned since I’m more prone to IVF.

I see. I've never heard of it. My IVF doc also didnt mention abt it previously. Don't think and worry too much first. Maybe she just wanna cover all angles and highlight to u the possibilities of it. All the best!

Back