Help! Bb cries before naps

pebsb

Since 2m old, my baby cries and fuss before naps and wakes up at the 30min mark. He is now 4m - how can I get him to nap without crying and have longer naps?

We checked diaper, wind, reflux, temperature etc; tried carrying/petting at 25-min/giving pacifier/white-noise/a different bed but failed. Baby has no issue sleeping at night though.

My MIL suggested feeding him so that he can nap better as that's how they feed babies in their times. I researched and it was always recommended to feed AFTER sleep. Baby is now on the babywise / EASY 4-Hr schedule and full bf. TIA

Hi Pebs,

My baby is now in her 3.5 months mark and she has the same issues as you have described. My baby is not on any schedule though we introduced before but my baby could not follow one.

As you have mentioned, it is advised to feed after baby wakes up. However, I felt sometimes it would be better to feed a little before nap/sleep time if that would help your baby sleep. Intially I researched a lot on what are things that mothers should or should not do, and I realised that regardless of what methods we use, our baby's sleep, growth and development come first. So, even if right now I am giving my baby a little milk before she goes to nap/sleep, I believe she would outgrown this phase as she grows up, and sleep is something crucial that every baby needs for brain development. Sometimes, warm milk could soothe and calm a cranky baby down, and mine is an example.

Hope this helps.

Hv u tried the sarong?

Maybe he is hungry? Try gv alittle milk before nap. No need to follew so strict schedule for young bbs. Trial and error abit and u might find he prefers some another arrangment.

Is the diaper soiled? Mine didn't like a wet bum I remember and will wake if we don't change out the diaper. Also check if clothes are too warm + if he's hungry for milk.

Back