Gynae Dr Tan Yu Fen Pamela @ KKH?

Hi all.

anyone under Gynae Dr Tan Yu Fen Pamela? How is she?

and her consultation days and timing?

Thank you in advance

I am having my first appointment with her on 2 Dec. As I wanted to be admitted under the Private Suite at evening slot, the hospital arranged Dr Pamela Tan for me. Her rate will be around $130 for evening consultation. Hope others can share their experience with Dr Tan here! :) Thanks in advance.

I have been seeing Dr Pamela Tan since my first trimester, since most of the female gynaecologist are fully booked in December when my baby is due. Dr Pamela is friendly and approachable but not the kind to chit chat for long. So don't have to expect long waiting time when you book with her unless she has delivery matters to handle. When she does the ultrasound scan she is gentle and explain in detail what is happening. I feel safe to be under her care. I see her at the Private Suite, and she is only available for bookings in the mornings. I know she was on the medical team for the 2015 Himalayan Health Project.

Hi! I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and would be having an appointment with Dr Pamela Tan next month. I think this is the only thread of her I can find. Just want to know what to expect (this would be my first appointment!). Thanks for sharing! :D

I had my first appt with her half-way through my pregnancy. So I brought all my past medical reports from the previous gynae to her. The clinic will help to make copies of those documents for their recording. During the consultation, she helped to run through those reports and other than that, its the usual routine consultation. She is quite friendly so don't worry!

I have Dr Tan as my gynae. She's warm and gentle and I've heard from my gynae friends that she's very competent. She's not that chatty though, a bit reserved, so if you need someone gregarious to set you at ease she may not be right for you.

Hi All! I delivered my baby at 37 weeks naturally, coz my water bag leaked. I was in labour for 24 hours but with the help of epidural at wasn't in too much pain except during the final pushing stage. Dr Tan came in to check on me occasionally, I was admitted in the evening. She came in v early in the morning to see me then routinely thru the day. The midwife which was very very experienced helped me thru the delivery. Dr Tan came in right at the final moments to receive the baby and sew me up. She couldn't come earlier as she was engaged. Surgically everything went well. To conclude, I think the midwife is important at the pushing stage, coz its them who will be assisting you guiding you, cheering you on. There is the on-duty doctors who will make their rounds and check on your while you are in labour. I think gynae is there more to advise medically what to do shld anything goes amiss and of course to receive the baby and stitch you up. Dr Tan did come to see me at my ward the next day to check on me to make sure everything is ok. Overall I think Dr Tan was professional.

Dr Pam Tan is my gynae. What i like most about her is that she is very thorough with her explanations. She is very caring and patient. If you are pro normal delivery, she will be suitable for you. I heard recently that she has started her own private practice at Thomson Medical. http://www.drpamelatan.com/

Hi, it’s been a while on this thread. Any experienced mum/dad can share more about Dr Pamela Tan. How’s her stitching skills and bedside assistance during labour?

Back