Gynae cost and packages

icyparadise

hi mummies, my first visit to the gynae cost about SGD480. I think this is a little on the high side but it includes blood test, ultrasound scan, vitamins etc. The antenatal package cost SGD1200++ from 16weeks onwards. Would you mind sharing your gynae cost and packages if you have already found out such details? Any recommendations for gynaes that deliver at NUH?

Hmm.. I jus wen to 1st visit today.. $180+
Consultation, scan, folic acids and standby medication incase of threaten miscarriage

My gynae does not offer package. 1st consultation with scan, consultation, vitamins and folic is $160.50. Subsequent visits will be at $80 for consultation and scan excluding medication.

Hi Eunice, Your gynae charge seems reasonable. Where you went for consultation?
I am expecting #2 previously when having my #1 did not have fixed gyane, consultation and deliver at KKH. as I encounter trainee doctor who took an hour to sew i am abit worry to go back to KKH. Been reading the forum for the past 1 week private gynae are way too EX! when i wan consulting at KKH, people around me can tell me it's about the same cost for private gynae so what is true?

I went to Dr Lim Teck Beng at Mount E. The subsequent charges yet to include gst so if you need extra supplements like fish oil then will be charged accordingly. Also expecting my second one... just saw him 2 weeks back.. but the waiting can be quite long sometimes. Because he has a lot of Indonesian Chinese clients.

Is he the in-house doctor at Mount E? Can PM me contact to make appt with him? You was with him for your 1st one too? How much you spend for deliver at Mount E?

Eunice, can pm me the contact too? I'm not sure whether I should change gynae... my first visit vitamins/folic acid/medication cost me $145, consultation was $105, scan was $65, blood test $90, I was charged for the nurse taking my blood, blood pressure, height and weight at $43. Then all that add up I had to pay an extra 7% for GST. Have I been ripped off?

My 1st visit costs $100 includes scan, folic acid $6
2nd $180 scan, blood pressure, urine test plus blood test, folic acid $6
Package $500 start at week 16 (till birth) which is my 3rd visit includes scan, blood pressure, urine test, vitamin $12
20weeks Detail scan at mt.a $90
This gynae at kovan only deliver at mt.a or tmc

**Sorry, just checked on my receipt package should be $600 instead of $500**

Last edited:
@dragon_baby , normal delivery $1000, elective c-section $1850

I elective c-sect in Mt.A yr 2012 paid total cash close to 2k for 4bedded, baby and me.

I'm going to tmc to c-sect this year, choosing 4bedded instead of 2bedded in order to save about $500

Dr. Adrian Woodworth under Thomson Women's Clinic.. He was my gynae for my son in 2010. Pkg started frm my 1st visit which was at 7 wks. $580 only and if I'm not wrong shld still cost the same. Some ppl dont like his chop-chop consultation but for me as long as my baby's in safe hands then I'm ok.. And not forgetting the affordable pkg haha!

Hi agaga, that's inclusive of hospital charges?

Hi Mrs morgan, the pkg for Adrain woodworth is from 7 wk to birth? what is his delivery charge?

Yes can start pkg anytime.. But test for downsyndrome at 12 wks and detailed scan at 20 wks nt included. Hav to do it at TMC and make payment there. Delivery pkg for normal del $1k, forceps/vacuum $1.3k, caesarean $1.6k.. Take note that these are from 2010. Better chk if it's still the same. I delivered at Mt. A, 2-bedder, assisted del with epi, paid $1k+ cash.

@dragon_baby , yup all inclusive that's the amount we paid, $1900 (admission deposit $1200 + discharge $700). and this amount is inclusive of horoscopic timing, as in we choose a special timing for c-sec so my gynae charged us extra $400 (included into the $1900)

This is during year 2012

Sorry ladies was not in town. Just got back yesterday night. I did nor deliver at Mount E. Chose Mount A. The cost will have to look through before I can reconfirm. Was having an episode of bleeding when I was overseas will be going down to visit him later. Will snap a photo of his cards n pm u ladies who need.

Hi ladies I also looking to see if there are any cheaper but good gynaes out there. I visited Dr Adrian Tan from ACJ Clinic at TMC. He was recommended by another friend. My first visit was 188 inclusive of GST include only first consultation 108 and ultrascan 68 no vitamins as I had my own Iberet Folic Acid. My friend told me the charges would be even more expensive when I go for my 12 and 20 week scan :O. Please let me know if my package is reasonable and if there are cheaper alternatives? Thanks!

hi mummies.. im looking for a female gynae. any recommendations?
im looking at dr joycelyn wong fr tmc but i just got to know she no longer have her packages..

Hi ladies I also looking to see if there are any cheaper but good gynaes out there. I visited Dr Adrian Tan from ACJ Clinic at TMC. He was recommended by another friend. My first visit was 188 inclusive of GST include only first consultation 108 and ultrascan 68 no vitamins as I had my own Iberet Folic Acid. My friend told me the charges would be even more expensive when I go for my 12 and 20 week scan :O. Please let me know if my package is reasonable and if there are cheaper alternatives? Thanks!

Usually the package is only for consultation and scans. No package for week 12 and 20 scan. These are more slightly more detail scan den normal routine scan.

Week12 is Oscar scan to screen for Down syndrome.

Week20 is detail scan. To scan bb organs in more details.

I'm with dr Benjamin tham. His package start on week12, $650 before gst, 11 visits. Includes consultation, scan, urine test. Multivits, fish oil and other medications if needed need to pay separately.

He is not those chop chop kind. Waiting time also not so long type.

Package $500 start at week 16 (till birth) which is my 3rd visit includes scan, blood pressure, urine test, vitamin $12

hihi

can I have the gynae contact at kovan pls ?

thks

Hi Eunice, Your gynae charge seems reasonable. Where you went for consultation?
I am expecting #2 previously when having my #1 did not have fixed gyane, consultation and deliver at KKH. as I encounter trainee doctor who took an hour to sew i am abit worry to go back to KKH. Been reading the forum for the past 1 week private gynae are way too EX! when i wan consulting at KKH, people around me can tell me it's about the same cost for private gynae so what is true?

Hi, yup it's true, went there for 1st visit and paid $230... and it take me 3 hours waiting time

**Sorry, just checked on my receipt package should be $600 instead of $500**

Hi agagag.

Can I have the contact details of the gynae and clinic at Kovan? Thank you so much:)

Hi
Currently I'm with Gynae Dr Phua at Kovan, his charges for down symdrome is abt $500 plus, anyone got a cheaper rate? As i'm budget , cos nv expect to hv 2nd bb so fast.

hi xiaomashi1981
I'll b gg for dr benjamin tham.. just book appt for next thurs.. his staff mentioned.. 1st consultation + oscars scan abt $500.. after which he have pre-natal pkg frm 12wks.. I'm in my 11wks now.. oso didn't expect to have 2nd BB so fast

Hi
Currently I'm with Gynae Dr Phua at Kovan, his charges for down symdrome is abt $500 plus, anyone got a cheaper rate? As i'm budget , cos nv expect to hv 2nd bb so fast.

Tmc got package.. Oscar plus detail scan ar $490 before gst... If Oscar alone I thk $300 before gst...

I see Dr Loke Kah Leong at Tampines. Had my 1st boy with him, now seeing him for my 2nd child.. Can't remember how much the 1st visit was but his charges are $50 for consultation, $50 for ultrasound. $600 package starts from week 16. He delivers at Parkway East but goes to Mount A for an additional charge. Wait to see him could be quite long esp if he's off to deliver. Doc with few words but takes the time to answer any questions you may have. If u dun ask, he won't say.. He's pro-natural so won't push you to c-sect unless necessary.. My last visit, we asked if he supports induction of babies and his answer was 'no need to challenge nature, let it take it's course, unless there is a medical need too' Takes quite a long time to stitch up after birth but for me, the stitches healed wonderfully and I did not have to take any pain-killer after birth..

I'm not sure what Oscar charges are cos I chose not to take the test but FA scan is done at Thomson and costs $140+..

hi xiaomashi1981
I'll b gg for dr benjamin tham.. just book appt for next thurs.. his staff mentioned.. 1st consultation + oscars scan abt $500.. after which he have pre-natal pkg frm 12wks.. I'm in my 11wks now.. oso didn't expect to have 2nd BB so fast
Thanks, I think i still stick to Dr phua, but only the down syd, thinking to get a cheaper one to chk..

Anyone has a gynae to recommend that delivers at mount a? Would very much like to have dr Ben tham but only concern is the delivery at tmc. Any mount a gynae that is very much like him? Patient and approachable, don't want those "chop chop" kind with less that 3 sentences for consultation.

Anyone has a gynae to recommend that delivers at mount a? Would very much like to have dr Ben tham but only concern is the delivery at tmc. Any mount a gynae that is very much like him? Patient and approachable, don't want those "chop chop" kind with less that 3 sentences for consultation.

I think dr Tham also can deliver at mt a ba... Tho I ask him before if he only deliver at tmc, he say it's up to me.. all his patients choose to deliver at tmc.. Cuz his clinic just downstairs.. If anything he can just come straight right up.. A lot better then delivery at another hos.

hi mummies, my first visit to the gynae cost about SGD480. I think this is a little on the high side but it includes blood test, ultrasound scan, vitamins etc. The antenatal package cost SGD1200++ from 16weeks onwards. Would you mind sharing your gynae cost and packages if you have already found out such details? Any recommendations for gynaes that deliver at NUH?

Which doctor is this? seems very expensive....

I think dr Tham also can deliver at mt a ba... Tho I ask him before if he only deliver at tmc, he say it's up to me.. all his patients choose to deliver at tmc.. Cuz his clinic just downstairs.. If anything he can just come straight right up.. A lot better then delivery at another hos.
Thanks! I will check it out with him.. Hopefully he does. Hehe

Usually the package is only for consultation and scans. No package for week 12 and 20 scan. These are more slightly more detail scan den normal routine scan.

Week12 is Oscar scan to screen for Down syndrome.

Week20 is detail scan. To scan bb organs in more details.

I'm with dr Benjamin tham. His package start on week12, $650 before gst, 11 visits. Includes consultation, scan, urine test. Multivits, fish oil and other medications if needed need to pay separately.

He is not those chop chop kind. Waiting time also not so long type.

Hi pooopi

Can I check with you if the package can be paid by Medisave?

TIA!

Hi pooopi

Can I check with you if the package can be paid by Medisave?

TIA!
Up for $450 can be claimed via Medisave (Pre-delivery expenses). When u sign up the package, the nurses will ask u to keep the receipt to hand it to the hospital during delivery admission, they will then process the claim for u.

Dr Tham will charge extra if delivering at Mt A

Up for $450 can be claimed via Medisave (Pre-delivery expenses). When u sign up the package, the nurses will ask u to keep the receipt to hand it to the hospital during delivery admission, they will then process the claim for u.

Thanks GetawayJunkie!

Does anyone know how much does it cost to do the 20 week detailed scan with Dr Benjamin Tham?

Thanks again!

Thanks GetawayJunkie!

Does anyone know how much does it cost to do the 20 week detailed scan with Dr Benjamin Tham?

Thanks again!

The scan is done at the hospital, not at Dr Tham's clinic. TMC has a package which covers both the detailed scan + Oscar at $500+ (can't recall exact amount).

Not sure the detailed scan alone costs how much.

Last edited:
Ya.. Total fees would include
Hospitalization costs - room, delivery rooms etc
Doctors fees - cost of doc's involvement - cheaper for natural birth and more ex for c-sect..
Additional costs - medicine, testings for baby, formula for baby etc..

I was in a 1 bedded in Park Way East
2 yrs back, natural w/o epi.. Total bill was $5kplus if I dun recall wrongly..

XiaoMashi, detailed scan is done by TMC. Dr Phua do not charge u anything and it is standard pricing. U will not get anything lesser than that.

Thanks joinblack.

Does anyone know how the $1650 + $450 is claimed from gov? Do we pay the bill first and then claim or will the hospital just get from gov?

Thanks joinblack.

Does anyone know how the $1650 + $450 is claimed from gov? Do we pay the bill first and then claim or will the hospital just get from gov?

I thk the delivery fee the hos will claim for u.. When u discharge got bill ma.. There will deduct out the medisave part and u pay the cash portion only.. As for the $450 u need to bring ur receipt so the officer can claim for u...

Thanks poopi!

I'm trying to compare the prices between a gov and private hospital. Other than delivery cost that gov hospital is cheaper, consultation seems similar if u stick to 1 dedicated gynae.

Thanks poopi!

I'm trying to compare the prices between a gov and private hospital. Other than delivery cost that gov hospital is cheaper, consultation seems similar if u stick to 1 dedicated gynae.

Hmm.. From my view la.. I'll go for private..

Cuz govt u can't walk in de even u have Gyane of ur own.. U have to go 24hrs o&g.

For me cuz higher risk so I on and off go in without appt.. And most imptly I get to see my own Gyane.. And not some trainer doc who don't know my condition...

That's my thinking la.. As for price, I would say not much diff.. I rather pay slightly more to go a Gyane who can see me regularly and most imptly as and when I need him I know he will be there...

Depending on whether mother and baby are high risks or not.. My understanding is that all very serious cases will end up being referred back to KKH as they are the most equipped hospital to manage emergency and critical cases for women and babies... So if there is any reason to be concerned about complications during birth for both mum and child, then I recommend going to KKH.. (Tat being said, I never stayed in KKH before, so really can't comment on level of service there)

Back