Good Kindergarten in Yishun/Sembawang to recommend???

ceshayne

Hi, any recommendation for kindergarten/childcare in Yishun/Sembawang??
I have been to few kindergarten/childcare but can't find a good and suitable one..
Anyone out to to advise?? Thanks

Where do u stay?my boy in MY LITTLE FOOTPRINT at chong pang.N there's 3 outlets of MY LITTLE CAMPUS in sembawang

Im impressed tat my boy both language has improved .He can receite a whole poem of (SAN ZHI JING).overall satisfied n e fee dun cost a bomb.It can b assisted by e cda.

Hi Angelzk,

How much are you paying for ur boy's school fees? Do they provide nursery lessons? Thanks
happy.gif

Ya...my boy start at nursery now in k1 .E total fee is 200 so to say u only put in 100 then cda put in 100.my boy went for e 3 hr class ,for childcare rate whole day im nt too sure.my boy take sch bus n comp enrichment class too .Can use cda too.

Hi, any parent send there kids to Edelweiss kindergarten or Hope Community kingergarten??
Any comment on this two church kindergarten in sembawang area??

Little School House at Orchid Counrty Clud is also good. Is about $240 per month for 3 hrly class which includes swimming and huge indoor playground.

Hi chuan,

Actual i send my son to their trial lesson (PHYSICAL program). But i find that they isnt very professional in handling SOME kids. Very bad experient that day. My son was being crawl over, push and kick (lightly) by another kid in the same program.

Initally the teacher just pull the kid away. Then he did it again, but the teacher just didnt notice(around 15 kids with 2 teachers) till i show signal to her. She just pull him aside. She never talk to the kid or even try to separate them.

Maybe is just too common for places with kids. But all i need is responsible teacher who show concern for all kids. AT LEAST A SORRY TO MY SON AND MYSELF. That is all we are looking for.

But for their other program i dont have any common..All i know is they uses letterland program for phonic teaching..

regards
Ceshayne

Hi Ceshayne,
Thanks for your reply. I thought parents can go in for the tumble tots program? Do you know anyone who have enrolled their child in the Rightstart program?

How old is your child and which school is he/she in now?

Hi Chuan,

My son is three this year.. He went to the Tumble Tots Physical Play at Jelutung Community Club (Sembawang).. Parent are not allow to enter.. We can only stay outside (separated by a gate) watching them.. Anyway I dunno anyone who enrolled their child their..

But for their other program i dont have any comment..

regards
Ceshayne

Ceshayne, I sent my son to Hope Kindy. The teachers are nice and patient. They have nursery - K2 programme. Starting from K1 2nd term, they will have spelling. Some parents find that abit too kia su. Another Kindy that a fren told me was the one opposite the Old Sembawang Shopping Centre. Maybe u shld go take a look?

Hi Babylove,

Hope kindy is it Hope community kindergarten??
And the one you talking abt opp old sembawang shopping centre is it Edelweiss Kindergarten?? Both church Kindergarten am i right??

regards
Ceshayne

Can try at Blk 310 of Sembawang, this Nursery/Kindergarden very good.
The teacher is friendly & nice.

hi,

edelweiss kindergarten - i really like the place
but not too sure about the teachers - mostly are young teachers

anyone knows what the address for hope community kindergarten? or maybe contact no. or website?

thks!

vivs29,
Little Footprint Schoolhouse
Add: 701A, Yishun Ave 5 #02 - 04 S761701
Tel:6752 3052.

angelzk,
my boy is also at Little Footprints. he is also in K1 tis year. are our kids in the same class? hehe..

Hi Hazehaya..

There's a lot to pay attention to.
1) food..
2) things u see and do..
3) ur emotion
4) ur feelin of the whole process...

Always stay happy. See beautiful things and do lots of reading abt baby.. You won't have time to read through after ur baby arrive..

Anyway congrat..

Cheeryland school House in Sembawang Mart not very good.
Most of the teachers are foreigner and the Principle don't seems to be responsive at handling parents complain. I can say ' bo-chap attitude' . If have better alternative please go look for others.

Agree with flowers (fuhsiapink)!!!!
Yesterday was 4 years son first day to the school (under my 2 weeks trial class), there were 3 feedbacks from my son.

1. Most teachers there are China people and my son feedback that teachers there all speak Mandrin to him (most China teachers).
When registered, the teacher in charge promise they are teaching in English, but the teachers sick on that day. After few weeks which is yesterday he went for the class, the teacher still on sick leave. I start wonder is there really a English teacher there???? So, besides English, all other subject are conducted in Mandarin??

2. My son claim very hungry when i picked up him, and said that the school didn't give him eat. Teacher said that they did give them eat biscuit, but if we afraid afraid he hungry, then can prepare bread or cake ourselves.

3. Morning i forget to bring towel to him, so teacher said that will not help him take bath. I use my lunch time rush to the NTUC downstairs bought a towel and sent to the teacher, remind the teacher help my son took bath, she said ok. When i went to pick up my son, the teacher said they did help my son took bath, but when went back home i want to wash the towel, the towel was totally dry and still fold nicely with cable tie, i wonder how they use it to help my son take bath. I asked my son, my son said teacher never let him took bath!!!
How can they lie to parent??? If when that time i sent, they alraedy finish took bath, and teacher no time to help him one person took, can tell me, we can undersatnd, but not choose to lie to parent!!!!

This morning when i sent my son to school, my son mood is good ans said goodbye to me already.
But suddenly one Indian girl come to me ask me pay the 2 weeks try class in advance. I said that i alraedy paid the deposit, the the teacher who deal with me before said that after 2 weeks if i decide not to join, then the money will be deducted from the deposit, if want to continue, just pay the full month fees with other charges. But she said that the teacher gave me wrong info, she is the principal, and insist to collect money with me. At the same time, my son saw me stand there so long didn't go, then come to me ask me don't go to work, and start cry until he vomit then the principle only asked me to go first.

1. Anything why can't discuss when come to pick up? Morning parent need to rush to work, some more affect the child's emotion.
2. At first alraedy said after 2 weeks only paid, then now said she is Principal, what she said only correct, suddenly ask for money from a mum who was rushing to work.

I always have doubts about preschools because the children are so young but this is what I know of Hope Community Kindergarten Sembawang in case anyone is looking for info. My child is in Hope and she loves it. She's very proud of it, and til now, often says "I am in Hope Kindergarten". When she meets someone new, being in Hope is part of her self-introduction, and if she is in her school uniform, she'd tell them about her uniform. She often talks happily about what happened at school. I can't see what goes on from day to day in school, but I use her reaction about the school and the work she brings back as a barometer of how effective it is.

The P didn't mention it to me when I was checking out the school, but I found out from my child that her class has teachers, not teacher. Last year, there was the class teacher + 2 helping out. This became clear to me when I went to celebrate her birthday. I saw three teachers in the room, and assumed one of them was the Chinese teacher. LOL. I kept speaking to her in Chinese. Turned out that she was one of the two assistants, the Chinese teacher who wasn't in her classroom at that time. The P is quite understated and modest in her demeanour. She didn't brag about the school or the curriculum, no fancy wonderful-sounding phrases, and she didn't even tell me they have such a good teacher-child ratio. She talked more about how they teach, how children learn, why they do what they do. She doesn't really PR with the parents. Not that I mind. On the first day of school, she came out with a group of teachers to gather the children and bring in. She was really focused on leading the children,. I have full respect for that.

When I finally saw photos of what they did in class during PTM, I was pleasantly surprised to note that the school has a good variety of materials for hands-on learning. Easy to see why my child had such a joyful experience, she always assures me that her teachers are nice people. During last year's concert, I saw the teacher who would be her teacher this year. I thought the teacher looked rather intimidating. So when I realised this was her teacher this year, I asked her how her teacher is? She said the teacher is friendly, and so nice, and teaches them. LOL. So I suppose the teacher was just looking grand last year at the concert because she was feeling proud that her K2s are graduating. Looking at the way this teacher marks, her expectations are pretty high. However, my child likes this teacher so I am guessing that she treats the children with respect, which is way more important to me than how high her expectations are. To me, it is pointless if a teacher has high expectations and terrorises the children into trying to meet these expectations. I believe should do it with love, not through reign of terror.

I have not spoken with this year's teacher. Her teacher last year came across as caring and knowledgeable (a bit shy I don't why, looks like a gentle person) during the PTM. Her mindset balances being developmentally appropriate and challenging children.

The classes have their own classrooms that come complete with ceiling to floor walls and a doors. It is not an open concept. When I was there celebrating my child's birthday, the children were chatty but it wasn't very noisy. Just an acceptable level of buzz, nothing ear-drum busting. Couldn't hear other classes unless the doors are opened. It is quite conducive. They have children's art and craft displayed at children's eye level along the corridors.

Thing about this school is... it doesn't have hp nor email nor communication book. They send notices via the children. Hence, parents have to call the school even for the simplest matters. I am hesitant to call at times because I don't want to disturb the teachers while they are in class.

So personally, I am happy that my child is in this school. I hope the school continues its good work, and good-hearted work.

Back