Good divorce Lawyer pls

PapaTan

Anyone has good lawyer for recommendation pls.

Under physical abuse by wife. She slapped me again yesterday. Suspect her will fight custody and assets.

Pls help as I'm aimless and heartbroken now...

Go n make police report. Try to obtain ppo against her.

Use her violence behavior to get child custody.

Assets will be equally divided

Would also appreciate a good divorce lawyer contact for the side of the husband. Have always had a lot of differences with wife but this time she is adamant on divorce even though i am not.

I went PPO last year but backed away infront of judge. Couldn't bear to file against her. She not apologetic and insist I deserved it.

I want out. I just hope to get a good lawyer detail to ensure my child welfare.

I'm thinking of getting PPO today against her though I'm worried she would get crazy. I'm not in real danger cos I could have fought back but couldn't bear it. Will PPO worsen the current situation?

Sharing from my experience, I would suggest that you can get some evidences to justify the divorce such as medical reports, police report, or other valid evidences. Do note that whatsapp messages might not be help in your case. Due to the Women's chapter, men really need more concrete evidence and better lawyer to help contest to stand a better chance. Hard truth.

Source: Straits Times
Article Date: 13 Apr 2020
Author: K.C. Vijayan

Judge dismisses husband's claims of unreasonable behaviour by his wife, including no physical intimacy.

A judge refused a man's bid to get a divorce so he can marry another woman, rejecting his claims of unreasonable behaviour by his wife, including no physical intimacy.
In a rare case, the judge said he was not convinced by the 47-year-old man's claims against his wife, 49.
"I accepted the (wife's) submission that (she) is not the unreasonable person the (husband) has made her out to be, and this was even taking into consideration the cumulative effect of her alleged behaviour," said District Judge Eugene Tay.
"(His) testimony that he is in love with (another woman) and is in a relationship with her, that he is renting an apartment with her at the material time, and that if he does not divorce the (wife) he cannot marry another woman speaks for itself," added the judge in decision grounds issued last month.
Lawyers said a divorce case that goes all the way to court to be contested and rejected is rare, noting that such cases mostly involve post-divorce issues such as child custody and division of matrimonial assets.
The couple were married in 1999 and have a son, born in 2005. The man works in a management position while his spouse is a housewife. They lived together until end-2018, when the man moved out.
Two months later, he filed for divorce under the Women's Charter, claiming the wife behaved in such a way that he could not be reasonably expected to live with her.
He claimed she was short-tempered, verbally abusive to him and very disrespectful to his family.
According to him, she had also failed to show sufficient care, affection and appreciation for him during the course of the marriage.
He claimed that over the last few years, she had increasingly declined to be physically intimate with him, and this had completely ceased since June 2018.
The wife, who contested the divorce, conceded that she had found difficulty in being physically intimate with him since June 2018, but the judge noted the man had testified he did not do anything to help with their intimacy, including seeking counselling or medical treatment for the wife.
The judge found "considerable doubt" over the extent to which the husband was genuinely concerned about it, "but more importantly, for the purpose of this case, whether the decline in physical intimacy between them actually made it unreasonable to expect him to live with her".
The husband further claimed his wife emotionally blackmailed him when he told her he wanted a divorce. She also attempted suicide on two occasions in December 2018, and asked their son to confront him about his affair.
The judge noted the wife did not deny the incidents and said he did not condone her actions.
"However, her overall behaviour and actions should be seen in the context of her being told by the (husband) that he was having an extramarital affair, and that he intended to divorce her and abandon her and the child, all of which would invariably have deeply hurt and affected her, such that she became emotionally unstable," said the judge.
The wife's lawyer, Ms Nancy Thio, argued that her behaviour "should be viewed from the lenses of a woman who is about to lose her marriage... which she had given everything for, and that it is not intentional behaviour of blackmail and manipulation".
Rejecting the man's divorce bid, District Judge Tay said: "I accepted the (wife's) submission that the (husband) had failed to make out his case that (she) had behaved in such a way that he cannot reasonably be expected to live with her."
He also ordered the man to pay $11,000 in costs.
The husband, represented by lawyer Low Jin Liang, is appealing the decision.
NOT UNREASONABLE
I accepted the (wife's) submission that (she) is not the unreasonable person the (husband) has made her out to be, and this was even taking into consideration the cumulative effect of her alleged behaviour. (His) testimony that he is in love with (another woman) and is in a relationship with her, that he is renting an apartment with her at the material time, and that if he does not divorce the (wife) he cannot marry another woman speaks for itself.

I'm thinking of getting PPO today against her though I'm worried she would get crazy. I'm not in real danger cos I could have fought back but couldn't bear it. Will PPO worsen the current situation?

If you are worried about your own safety, you can apply for PPO and at the same time request for an expedited protection order (EPO) which is a temporary order which is valid for 28 days (and can be renewed every 28 days till the PPO hearing) but can offer you temporary respite from her violence. If she breaches the EPO, you can then lodge a police report and she can be charged criminally.

As for your children's welfare, if you can show she is violent towards the child or is mentally unstable, it would help you in custody proceedings.

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, and I hope you're okay. If you're still looking for a divorce lawyer, I'd recommend Mr Godwin Campos. He's a close family friend of ours and he handled a property dispute case for us a while back. I know he also offers legal services for divorce, personal injury etc. He might be able to help.

Used my husband one.can make the Judge follow his wish.I just experienced.The judge all for my husband permission to pay maintenance fees.800dollars for two children.Only I cant hire my husbang lawyer.If u need it,pls pm me.

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, and I hope you're okay. If you're still looking for a divorce lawyer, I'd recommend Mr Godwin Campos. He's a close family friend of ours and he handled a property dispute case for us a while back. I know he also offers legal services for divorce, personal injury etc. He might be able to help.

Godwin Campos is good. We've consulted with him before and he seems really reliable and professional.

hi everyone, i really need a good lawyer for divorce, can anyone please help to recommend please . thanks much!!

Back