Good divorce lawyer pls

PapaTan

Dear all,

With heavy and saddening heart, I seek ur recommendation on good divorce lawyer.

I have been mentally and physically abuse since our marriage. My wife forced me to risk my job by fetching my 8yo daughter whenever she tired. She played handphone late nite and asked me to fetch the next day. We quarrelled frequently and she insists. She even threaten to call my boss and makes me lose job if I dont listen. I need to vacuum the floor mon-wed after work. All she does was washing clothes, hang dry clothes. I also engage a helper to clean every Friday.

Theres lots more which I shall not elaborate.
I'm mentally exhausted. Everything must follow her ways her instructions. For past 8yrs, I endured for my girl. Taking risk from work to fetch and rushing back to work. When things about hygienic, cleanliness, methods, I will get shouted at infront of my girl.

I hope you good soul can advise me a good lawyer. Thank You in advance.

Dear all,

With heavy and saddening heart, I seek ur recommendation on good divorce lawyer.

I have been mentally and physically abuse since our marriage. My wife forced me to risk my job by fetching my 8yo daughter whenever she tired. She played handphone late nite and asked me to fetch the next day. We quarrelled frequently and she insists. She even threaten to call my boss and makes me lose job if I dont listen. I need to vacuum the floor mon-wed after work. All she does was washing clothes, hang dry clothes. I also engage a helper to clean every Friday.

I'm mentally exhausted. Everything must follow her ways her instructions. For past 8yrs, I endured for my girl. Taking risk from work to fetch and rushing back to work. When things about hygienic, cleanliness, methods, I will get shouted at infront of my girl.

Divorce not the solution. Get a helper will solve it. Talk to her rationally, make her pay half the helper expenses.

There are many other instances where I get scolded at, shouted at. It's not a matter of helper anymore. Seek good lawyer recommendation

I’m also facing similar situation as you. My Husband plays games till early morning, goes to sleep, ask for food when he wakes up and plays games/watch tv till he “feels ready” to go work. Sometimes skip work coz he feels tired or sick.

Ignore the housework & basic cleaning up unless I keep nagging (and end up getting reprimanded for being in a bad mood or talking to him in a nasty tone). Hell I even have to call him up for work repeatedly each day. All these and he has difficulty paying the bills & expenses.

I would like recommendation for an affordable and reliable divorce lawyer too pls.

Last edited:
Many suspect my wife to be OCD. She controlling everything and decide what's right and what wrong. Since the birth of my child, I have been working mon stop for her. Accepting and agreeing to her demands. If I dont, mean I dont love her.

She a housewife with monthly allowance from me. I support the family, house bill, car and my child education. Unfortunately, she has sole account of our savings which I regretted.

I made an appt with PKWA law firm this Tuesday. Not sure but I will try. Update again.

Many suspect my wife to be OCD. She controlling everything and decide what's right and what wrong. Since the birth of my child, I have been working mon stop for her. Accepting and agreeing to her demands. If I dont, mean I dont love her.

She a housewife with monthly allowance from me. I support the family, house bill, car and my child education. Unfortunately, she has sole account of our savings which I regretted.

I made an appt with PKWA law firm this Tuesday. Not sure but I will try. Update again.

OCD or controlling then she needs to seek help, can take medication to control. Go for counselling. You divorce her, you still got to give her money until she finds a job, pay for child maintenance, need to sell house. If you ok, then go ahead. PKWA look for Dorothy.

We been through family service and underwent counselling. Midway, she decided theres nothing wrong with her and insist we dont attend. I agree it's how submissive I am and how wrong it was. I cant force her and have to follow for my girl.

She dont understand how controlling she is. She demands matter to be her way and upset if it doesn't. Problem is her family still supportive of her action.

I actually crying frequently and even as I'm typing. I'm lost, upset and depress now actually. I hope for miracle or rainbow. Which I know will never happen to my situation...

Is there a difference if I file for divorce first or she file first?

No difference, she will still be controlling after divorce but from what you mentioned, yes you will need a very good lawyer that can really fight. Your wife is not going to give in.

Dear all,

Is not easy for 2 difference people to live in a roof. Every family has it’s problem.
There’s a reason why your wife is OCD /clean freak? Is it because your girl has sensitive skin? Or health issues that need the environment to be clean?
Or maybe by helping her were the way she can feel your love.

Your girl is 8 ,P2 only.
If you love your girl I would advise you to give your wife a chance and give your girl a complete family.

Wait after your girl Psle, go to Sec 1 when she is independent able to take care herself.
By then, then you decide to divorce or not.
Divorce means double expenses.
You already tolerate 8years, give each other another 4 years to try.

When your girl is 13, divorce will be easier for everyone as she is independent. She can visit you or choose to live with you.
Divorce at 8, every Sat u bring her out and return to her mum same day or next day?
She will be sad weekly.

Maybe she is not suitable to be a home maker or better if she works?
Or hire a full time maid to do the housework?
Or re arrange the duties again?

Anyway, you have a girl, no choice .
You need to endure because of her.
Is your responsibility.

Is there a difference if I file for divorce first or she file first?
personally i suggest you file first if you really decided to do so. There is a difference between a "plaintiff" and "defendant", further men always at losing end for divorce in most cases.

Think for your child before taking the next step, because there is no turning back.

Back