Good Confinement Lady

Hi Shirley

She charges 2k for 28 days. According to my mum that is about the market rate now.

My previous confinement lady for my 1st child cost me 1.8k but was a nightmare for me.

Initially when my mum got her for me i was so skeptical. When she first came i kept hovering over what she was doing, checking etc.

Thats why this time i was so happy that i had aunty Yue Fen who takes so good care of my baby and myself. It was only after this time i realise a that a good confinement lady makes world of a difference.

Cos she takes very good care of my baby and me that why i took the effort to share coz i personally had a bad experience, since i am lucky this time, i hope it would benefit someone else as well ... coz delivering a baby is tiring enough...after that if we still have to face with

a lousy confinement lady i fully understand the nitemare and stress.

By the way you can just call her to chat with her to see if you are confortable before you decide if you wanna engage her. She know me by my chinese name HuiLing only.

If you need any more info i be glad to help ^_^ just let me know. Will try to help if i know.

Cheers and good luck!

Hi Serena, thks for all the info and advise..I'll contact her to find out more..agree with u that 2k is the market rate now..as long as she takes good care of my bb that's the most important thing..

Cheers,

Shirley

Hi Serena..

I tried contacting Auntie Yue Fen but didn't manage to reach her..I've left her a sms but she didn't reply leh...its been 1 week plus...hopefully she can reply real fast if not I need to sought other CL liao..

cheers,

Shirley

Hi Shirley

You can try calling her house number. I just called her yesterday to help one of my ex-colleague to enquire.

Cheers!

Serena

Hi Shirley I just received a call from aunty yue fen. I think she just turn on her phone n saw yr message. I think she will be returning yr call soon. Cheers.

Hi,

I have a good CL to introduce too, her name is Siew Ling (秀玲姐). Currently she is doing confinement for me. Her sis is Siew Zhen, another very good confinement lady.

I was introduced to Siew Ling when her sis schedule was full. Siew Ling will tell u to have an "interview" with her so as to ensure both are comfortable with each other. U may ask her any questions during the "interview".

She is very hardworking since the first day she came. She helps with all the housework, cleans up the kitchen after cooking. She also checks with u what type of food u prefer (but of cos.. not for the fussy as she can cook many types of nice confinement food). If u can eat everything she cook that will be better and she ensures that all food has to be fresh. She will also make sure all her work are completed before resting.

Nite time, she will ensure that u will rest well and she will fully take care of the baby. If u are pro-BF, she will oso help to wake u up to feed the baby.

I had extended her for another 2 days to help me out as her permit only allows up to 30 days. She is also willing to guide and teach you on how to look after your baby.

You can contact her at (tell her recommended by Xinyi):

SG line: 81195431 (contactable when she is working in SG)

MY line: 013-7067061 / 012-7609538

Hi i need a comfienment lady soon as my EDD is 15 oct 2010 .

any recommendation ? and also not so expensive ?

Hi i need a comfienment lady soon as my EDD is 15 oct 2010 .

any recommendation ? and also not so expensive ?

Hi I would like to advice AGAINST this CL if u happened to be referred.

Her name is ZhenZhu (Pearl), unbelievably inexperienced & no integrity.

I called Fong Jie as recommended in SMH forum. As she is booked then, she refers another CL called Xiao Cui to me. When I am about to give her the $300 deposit, she told me she may not make it since I may deliver early base on the #1 experience. And on the spot refer me to her friend who tagged along.

Zhenzhu mentioned she had 7 yrs of experiences, care for her 4 children & do confinement for her sis etc. Xiao Cui asked me not to worry, as all of them had the same professionism from the same hometown (Kota Tinggi- JB).

Though not very please to be re-divert to another CL but i dont have a choice as too near my due date. So I requested to take a snapshot of her passport after paying the deposit.

So the nightmare began... I called her when i had delivered which was 3 wks earlier my due date. She mentioned that she can come only 5 days later as she was still in last few days of another confinement and she needed to go home to stamp her passport & attended a relative's wedding...

Then when she arrived finally after i struggle to tend to my #1 & the newborn for several days.

Luckily, mum managed to give great help but as my grandfather happened to pass away, she needed to attend his funeral & many other stuff.

ON COOKING...

Always hiding in the kitchen, cutting, packing, boiling etc. After 2 hours+ in kitchen, I dont see a sumptious meal. It is the usual confinement food, undercooked or overcooked! The expensive 'mei rou' (the lean part of the pork belly) become tough & chewy;

A large drumstick can be uncooked near bone area when boiled for nearly 2hr+ ??;

Pork stomach soup can be bland when boiled with 1kg of good quality ribs;

Green vegetable can be so overcooked that I can hardly bite & can hardly find the leafy part when served!

And the worst part is that the meaty part is always missing - like chicken breast, fleshy part of pork knuckle, or portion of the fish just don match the amount that my mum had bought!

I am a person who dont cooked often but not an amateur cook, so at least I can figure out how big a portion of half the chicken or an egg or a piece of meat...

The mee-suah is so soughy that I questioned her if she hardly cooked for all the confinement that she had done!

I had mentioed that she can eat with us, my husband & daughter and when my parents are around but she kept saying that she dont eat much and will eat our left-over food. I guess she was already full when cooking, so all the juicy part of the soup/ dishes were stomached. My MIL is also surprised that we cant find much meaty part in the black-vinegar pork knuckle that she brought over as she had added extra meat for me! So now we know where they had gone!

She put so much longan, ginger, dangsheng & don-know what ginseng tonic in the red-date tea that I am over-heaty, milk supply reduced and my baby developed heat rashes all over face, back and body!

My mum observed it's the red-date tea and immediately after instructing her to increase the red-date portion & omit the ginseng & ginger, my milk supply comes back my baby rashes were all gone!

ON BABY CARE...

She didnt know how to test the water temperature for baby bath! Dip her 2 arms (up to the upper arms level) constantly in the tub to check the temperature... I keep hinting her that she is washing her arms and my baby is bathing in her rinsing water, still cant get what I mean!

I had to show her to test my wrist or my elbow... I thought this is the most basic thing that a CL had to know! Faintzz

I also need to constantly remind her to wash her hands when tending to the baby esp after cooking!

Every morning, I had to remind her to BATHE my baby, as I were doing my post-natal massage before noon. And if anyone put moisturizer from butt then up to the face, that will be her!

My mum caught her wrapping my baby in her blanket in the middle of the night, likely trying not to let him make noise. She didnt know the correct method to swaddle the baby with the cloth nappy so he will not wriggle & risk to cover his face...

As I am fully breastfeeding, I usu have the milk pumped out in glass bottles in the fridge for her to do the night feed. For the 1st few night, she finished feeding 3 bottles (70- 100ml) without knowing what is the capacity of the content, simply heat up & feed when baby whined. When questioned how much my baby drinked, she didnt know & cant even tell how many Millimeters as she knew Ounces! I gave her a board to record down the amt of every night feed!

She even asked if I want to keep the left-over milk that my baby cant finish. Her previous client (keep mentioning that she is a Universiy-graduate) had instructed her to do that as it would be a waste of breastmilk!

I am like rolling my eyes & warned her never to do that to my baby!

For some days, she is not able to get up/ overslept, I thought could be due to the late night feeds etc... Only after she left, I realised that half a bottle of Martell is gone and nobody in my household drinks!!!

My newborn only had 1 small cabinet shelf of clothing, and she can mixed up with my #1's or cant group the similiar type like socks together etc...

She wetted the baby's socks several times when washing the baby's butt during diaper change. I cant imagine if that happened overnight when my baby had to sleep with wet socks!

My baby is relative easy to care as he mainly sleeps through the day in his cot without much carrying/ rocking after his feeds and he latched for all his day feeds. She can spend her time in the kitchen, only came out if not for the baby occasional cries...

She cleaned the house only when my husband is around - to show him she is working hard??

I complained to my husband on the 1st week that I think that she is really incompetent! On 2nd thoughts, as she got a mild temper, we can keep her as a helper as my mum can only help on some occasions.

I really blew my top, when she served the fish cooked in wine when my 2 yr+ old daughter is eating with us. She asked why children cant take wine??? No wonder, when she took alcohol when she was pregnant, got scolding from her sis... OMG, this woman got no common sense too!

Then when she bought some herbal capsule supplement (with my husband) from the TCM shop, I queried about the functions, she asked me to read the instruction manual myself as she is illiterate!!! Her family is so poor that she only attended school till Pri Sch. So whatever she knew is only HEARSAY...

On the 2nd week, I really cant put up with her for taking no initiative, no common sense, no organising skills, no general knowledge, not to speak of child-caring knowledge!

That morning as I had the soughy mee suah with wine so I asked her to do bottle feed. She simply grabbed a bottle from fridge without washing her hands and dipped it in hot boiling water! I had reminded her the 1st few days that it should be warm water so the nutrients in the breastmilk will not be killed/ boiled!

She was telling me how strong are her 4 children as she also breastfed them... right! During her confinement month only!

I demanded her to tell me truthfully that how long she had worked, 7 years or 7 months? She then told me only for 2yrs. Her friend will take the $300 as a recommending fee, as she is pretty new in the industry so she took only $1.7K. Asked her to pack and leave with immediate effect after my #1 had left for school and leaving my new born with my parents in the room.

I confronted Xiao Cui in Msia, on the phone with a good hr+ dressing down. She indicated that it was Fong Jie who collected some "telephone fees" from her etc... She had no complaints from other clients when she recommended ZhenZhu to them...

My mum found some small packages/ boxes of meaty parts tuck in deep corners of the fridge which i believed it was for her own comsumption when fixing the meals. I am not stingy to give her good food but really cannot tolerate such underhand method!

This is my 2nd experience with a Msia confinement lady. Although the 1st one recommended by my friend is pretty stubborn in insisting to feed water to baby when hiccupping etc, she is rather efficient and organised in handling the baby.

For those who are really looking out for a CL, pls don just look at the price.

My sis also sacked her CL after a week (though highly recommended by her friend) for sneaking food, stealing the rice wine and lack of child caring knowledge (imagine she cleaned the baby girl's butt from back to front)...

Even recommended by your friends/ relatives/ Forum (preferably someone who had used her service before), remember to do an inteview on not just the no. of years of working experiences but whether updated on the caring methods, and if willing to exchange pointers in child-care, since we spent the effort & time to attend antenatal classes on contemporary methods. Simply cant use the same old grandma's methods to care for our children now in my personal opinion!

Good Luck & Take care all Mummies!

I would like to recommend my confinement lady who i think she does very good job during my confinement, she especialy cook very good food, my husb still miss her food after so many months..

you can reach her at 93767940 or 0167557687 (Malaysia), her name Ah Lek, you can tell her that you got her number from "su hua"

My confinement lady is also quite good. She is called Xin Hua. She has 20 years' experience. She can cook a variety of confinement food (including soups and tonics), can take care of baby and do simple housechores for you if you don't have a maid. She is very pro-breastfeeding and can do breast massage too. I had quite a hard time breastfeeding my first kid and she is really a great help. You can contact her at +60176088006 (M'sia no.) or +6590395121 (Singapore HP). Btw, she is a PR and hence, don't need a work permit to work

I just finished my confinement, I'll definitely recommend my cl auntie Connie, she's very responsible, caring n love baby and take good care of the house, she's not calculative, if got time she'll help me with housechores, she cook dinner for me n hubby, also wash our clothes, u can give her a call, u'll like her after talking to her, her contact is 905583-26 for sg and +60127656289 for msia. Just tell her u r recommended by winny when u call her

For Good Confinement Lady.. U can call Auntie Choo @ hp:98476976

She a non-stay CL can cook delcious CL Food with different method on 28days, Honest & great experience & Flexible lady.....u call her meet her & find out yourself...

@ hp:98476976

Back