Good confinement lady to recommend

aspialle

my nanny is a m'sian , charging me $1700, i pay her direct in cash on the last day, 28 full working days.i give her one angbao when come and one when return.i think her rate now is around $1800.

she do all the cooking, breakfast if needed (for me i eat bread), lunch and dinner, sometimes helps me in laundry (whole house) and hand wash bb clothes.she mops the flr after dinner, take care of bb and me , sometimes she even help me mop the house like once /twice a week.Of course she take care of night feeding so i can sleep well. Her cooking is fine for me,if u got preference can let her knw cos she is very open to what the owner wants.

she does not act bossy at all, very friendly and does not force me to do tings i dun like .
hope it helps
happy.gif

her name is Yuqin and hp at 93585586 , u can let her know i am chen tai recommend, hope she can give better rates.

Hi,

I want to recommend my current Confinement Lady -Aunty Sabrina who just finished the confinemnet with me. She is very good with the baby and also a great cook (Cooks confinement food for me and normal food for my hubby). She is young (45 years) and quite energetic and a very pleasant personality who does not pull a long face. She is from Penang and has been doing this for 6 years. She has alot of experience, so she is able to advice on baby tips such as bathing, nappy changing, feeding habits etc. and also confinement dos and don'ts. She speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, Teochew, Malay and English too (so good for those of you who have foriegn spouses).

You can contact her directly at:

- Singapore mobile: 8105 5776
- Malaysia home: 0164681225
- Email: [email protected]

Please note that I am not an agent or getting any commission from this but doing this as a favour to Sabrina since she has been very good.

Hi,

I do have a good and experienced confinement nanny to recommend. Am a mother of four and I must say I'm real lucky to have gotten her for my fourth confinement. She's very knowledgeable and able to share a lot of things with me, cooks excellent soups, takes good care of my baby and myself. She's so much better than all my previous confinement nannies.

If any MTB is interested, you may contact her directly at 020127356664.

I would like to share with you the confinement aunt who is very good and help me a lot during my first Childs’ totally new hand and do not know anything. Very worry and stress. She is doing confinement work with me during my first baby. She take tender care for your babies from bathing them to feeding, laundry and all in order to allow the me to have all the rest l need. She cooks for me with delicate and chosen food. She had a very good cooking skill, like cook the vinegar ginger pig leg, a variety kind of soup, like fish and papaya soup ,according to her is to increase the production of milk during breast feeding, like cook dumpling and variety of dishes. She ever work with Hong Kong family and Myanmar family. So she knows how to suit the individual preference .She is very experience in babycare.Pleasant, honest and hardworking. Also advice on Do's and Don's for confinement practices. We also keep in touch and always call her to ask the baby minor problem. Cause children growing change every stage. End up l employ her 2 months. [email protected]

Hello all,
in case those recommended ones are taken up already...

I'm currently doing confinement and find that this Msian aunty very good.

Has knowledge about looking after baby and me e.g. dun eat yam for 3 months from delivery else 'down there' will itch for life... haha.

She will cook 3 different soups everyday, lunch, dinner and before you ZZZZ.

Also knows how to massage to relieve breast engorgement 'cos she learn from Thomson the lady name Wong Boey Boey (something like that)

From what I know, she's only free from Feb onwards. She stays with you 30 days for $1900 btw.

Feel free to PM me if you want her number lah. Can call her ask questions no obligations :)

I would like to recommend my Confinement Lady, Siew Zhen.

She did confinement for me in 2007 and is currently doing for me now for my 2nd delivery.

She's energetic and experienced, having been in this line for 7yrs, cooks well and is able to handle my baby and my toddler well. Best of all, she doesn't keep nagging me on the dos and don'ts of confinement and is also experienced enough to advise me a bit on breastfeeding.

Her contacts:
92440112 (Singapore Hdp)
019-7733251 (M'sian Hdp)
012-7393588 (M'sian Hdp)

Do contact her if you are interested to engage her services.

Hi all.. my mum is a confinement lady. She is fanatistic in cooking confinement food. She knows how to cooks the "hong zhao" aka red wine chicken soup or noodle and other confinement food.
* Hakka also have HOng zhao. But i personally think hockchew style nicer.

Anyway, my granny makes the red wine so no need to headache where to find red wine for her to cook for u.

The only thing is .. she dun stay overnite. AND she is a SIngaporean.

She just came back from US after doing confinement for other people mid of this year.. If interested.. leave me a PM and I will forward ur numbers to her.. or u can sms her @ 8189 3393.

u all no need to pay levy and all for those looking for confinement nanny.. she is singaporean.

P.S. I dun earn any commission.. but she is really good.. she does my confinement..

hi i need a confinement lady in mid-April 2010... anyone with good recommendation pls PM me... thanks alot!

Hi, I would like to recommend my confinement lady, Auntie Mei Ying, who is currently doing my confinement for me till next week. She is in her late 40s and is a Singapore PR.

She cooks very delicious confinement food and food that helps in milk production (green papaya wth thread fin soup, pig trotters soup etc) and even cooks for my hubby, we both like her cooking.

She has her ways with her baby as she was a nanny before and my boy quietens down whenever she carries him and coaxes him to sleep at night. She is very systematic, fast and efficient in whatever she does. I picked up a lot of tips on baby care from her and my confinement is made more pleasant with her around, to take care of us.

If you are keen to engage her, you can contact her at:
82430128 (Singapore number)
012-6075593130 (Malaysia number)

Hi,

I came across this forum when I was looking for a confinement lady. Initially I wanted to engage Yuqin as recommended by Aspialle. But too bad Yuqin was unable to take up my assignment and she recomended her friend, my current confinement lady to me.

She is Auntie Fong (aka Fang Tai), in her 50s (quite modern, not the very old and traditional kind), a nice friendly and accomodating lady. She has 20 years of experience being a CL, and has lots of experience in taking care of babies.

My baby boy is a slow drinker as he tends to fall asleep halfway while drinking, he will take up to an hour to finish drinking 80ml of EBM. Auntie Fong is very patient in coaxing him to finish up. My boy also has jaundice, and she will carefully blindfold him and sun him daily till his jaundice fades.

My father in law is staying with us, and she's willing to cook for his lunch and cook dinner for him and my hubby. She also helps with sweeping of floor (daily or almost daily) and mopping (after cooking for kitchen and weekly for other parts of the house) and even offered to help me clean my toilets and change my bedsheets for me. She's neat and organised and even helped me re-organised and tidy up my very messy kitchen cupboards!!!

As for marketing, my place doesn't has wet market nearby. So every weekend, my hubby will drive her to the wet market and she will do the marketing for us.

I like her cooking and she will prepare different food for me every meal. She does my laundry for me, and washes baby's clothes by hand. My hubby and father in law do their own laundry, but she will help them fold their clothes when dry.

All in all I have no complains and would like to recommend her service.

Her contact number is: 9082 9717

She speaks in Mandarin and Cantonese.

Hi,

If you know of any good confinement lady who is available from mid/Mar/10 onwards, pls PM me thanks!

Hi all, I'm a FTM2B and have been a reader of this forum since oct and hv learnt alot frm all the mummies here!

my edd is 7 june 2010 and would like to look for a good confinement lady who can stay with me.

I'm realli inexperience in this area and would realli appreciate if all the mummies here can share their experience on how to look for a good confinement lady i.e. what kinda questions i shd ask when i 'interview' her, what kinda stuff to look out, etc.

tho i know the mkt rate is around 2k, but i'm hoping if i can find one thts ard 1.8k (i wouldn't mind if its even lower! :p)

Also if the mummies here could share about other cost involved other than the CL fees, ie. confinement food, angbao to CL, etc. to better plan for my budget.

Hi all,

I would like to recommend my confinement lady, QinJie who is from Malaysia.

She was recommended by a good friend who had a good experience with her. On top of taking good care of her and baby and good cooking, QinJie was able get along very well with her MIL and grandmother-in-law who were deemed as very "difficult" people.

QinJie is just about done with her 1 month with me and i am also very happy with her services as she got along with my maid and also taught her many things regarding looking after baby and also chinese cooking.

If you are interested in engaging her, pls contact her at [email protected]

Hi

I have a good confinement nanny to recommend.
She is from M'sia. And she is a person easy get along & don't calculative.
Do work responsible & clean. Her food is nice & very helpfull to teach me on how to look after the baby b4 she leaving.
Can get her at 02-0193406368 or with country code +60193406368. Name Yin Gu (英姑)

Hi

I also hv CL to recommend, very happy with her service and friendly, good with baby and good personality too, nice cook, her previous clients usually ask for her service again for the next child

email me at [email protected] if intrested

Hi all.. my mum is a confinement lady. Modern and english speaking. She is fanatistic in cooking confinement food. She knows how to cooks the "hong zhao" aka red wine chicken soup or noodle and other confinement food.
* Hakka also have HOng zhao. But i personally think hockchew style nicer.

But nowadays dun have difference in dialect la.. everyone wants red rice wine to cook confinement food..

Anyway, my granny makes the red wine so no need to headache where to find red wine for her to cook for u.

The only thing is .. she dun stay overnite. AND she is a SIngaporean. For those who wan overnight one u can ask her.. negotiate with her.. but most of the time she does not stay overnight.
She was on Strait Times Sunday Times for the confinement nanny last year end. Her cooking skills are good I would say and she is experienced.
If interested.. leave me a PM and I will forward ur numbers to her.. or u can sms her @ 8189 3393.

u all no need to pay levy and all for those looking for confinement nanny.. she is singaporean. She does overseas assignments too.. she has been to different parts of the US.

P.S. I dun earn any commission.. but she is knowledgeable and experience .. she does my confinement too of cos 

Hi all, please beware of CL auntie Kiew. I'm currently engaging her as my CL and so far the experience is very bad. I hope to share my experience here so nobody will continue to employ her. She is not fit to be in this line.

She claimed that she has 5 years experience as CL but she doesn't cook the traditional confinement dishes.

Has anybody heard of eating fried bee hoon or fried rice during confinement? Has anybody heard of drink leftover soup from the night before for confinement? No! And when my MIL confronted her of such absurdities, she was very defensive and claimed that what she cooks, I should just eat. She also said that others before me also just eat whatever.

Not only that, she is very stubborn and refuses to listen to others opinion. When we specifically told her not to add such and such ingredients into my confinement food, she still put. When we confronted her, she claimed it is ok and refused to just follow our ways.

She is also very sneaky when it comes to money. Can you imagine, so far we have spent close to $400 on food marketing when it is only day 8 into my confinement.
Day 1: She went with my husband to get some groceries from ntuc as market was closed. Not sure how much she spent.
Day 3: She used up close to $150 to buy 1 week of food.
Day 6: she claimed that the food can only last a day more so she needs to go to market. When asked,"Haven't you already bought a week of food the other day?" she claimed that because I requested her to cook hearty breakfast and lunch so now not enough food. So I gave my sis-in-law $300 to accompany her. In d end she used close to $200. When I asked her what she bought, she just said, fish, meat, and vege. I asked her how long the food can last. She said about 6 days. I wonder how come food for 1 person for 6 days can chalk up $200? She still said fish not enough need to buy somemore in 2 days' time?!!?

When my MIL asked her about the bills, she grew very aggressive and heated argument with my MIL. If she has clear conscience, she would have just told outright exactly what she bought...

She is also very lazy just want to do things easy way. When I first suggested use cloth nappy for my boy she gave many excuses, say poo will cause bum to rot la, diff to wash the stain off cloth nappy la, etc etc. So we ended up using disposable diapers. But my MIL wanted me to insist she use cloth diapers so I told her to use. She gave me a black face. Even then, she doesn't check on baby regularly to monitor poo or pee. I always have to check and then tell her myself. She doesn't wash up the dirty cloth nappy immediately or even when she has time. She will soak to the next day afternoon to do the washing. Sometimes she will just throw in the nappy together w my laundry into the washing machine, no doubt to have easier job...

Other cLs will cook hot soupy food for breakfast and confinement set meal for lunch and dinner. But she expects me to eat bread and milo or cereal for breakfast. And lunch she will cook one dish of friend rice or bee hoon, or just a soupy noodle dish. No doubt easy job for her, but hardly confinement food...

So pls beware of employing her. She is a glib talker but doesn't do as much as she talks. Now I have to send her back and look for other plans, barely a week into my confinement. Pls dun walk in my shoes...

hihi, like to recommend my cl, aunty ah lan, +60 16 704 1081
confinemt was reali torturing for me, lucky tat i hav her to take gd care of my precious babe n me who is weak..

Dear all,
I would like to share my experience with 3 confinement ladies during my confinement now.
I booked Auntie Meiling from Negri Sembilan based on recommendation from website. Her tel no is 83004910 (SG)/ 60168957034 (MY)
In end Apr, I gave Auntie Meiling a call to tell her I'm due soon, probably early May. She was shocked and asked me why so early. I said 2-3 wks is very normal. She then say another client of hers supposed to EDD 1 Apr but just delivered on 20+ Apr. I asked her how can that be, since usually latest is 41 wks. She said she dunno. Fine.
After my delivery, I gave her a call again. She then exclaimed :'Oh, I'm doing confinement for the client who just delivered.' So I asked her how. She offered to recommend someone to do on her behalf. Having no other options, I agreed.
The CL that came after I discharge is called 'Ah Guan'. She's 47yrs old, also from Negri Sembilan. Long hair, dark and doesn't look modern. Here are the other observations:
1)According to my maid, she doesn't know how to use the rice cooker. My maid has to teach her. Pots are not scrubbed clean and my whole kitchen is oily and messy after she cooked.
2)She has never seen my Pigeon Steriliser. She claims other families use other brands???
3)For 3 meals, she used the same method of cooking veg, ie, using sesame oil and gou qi to fry with veg. There is variation in the meat dish though. I asked her if she can vary her cooking style, she claims this is how confinement should be throughout the month.
4)She cooked the pig kidney and liver soup twice and both times both ingredients are hard and overcooked. Doesn't she know both don't need much cooking??? She didn't know how to answer when I asked.
5)Pt 2/3/4 led me to worry whether she really has any exp. She claims she has, but only in KL. All her dishes taste awful and even my hubby commented that. Then her face turn black. Auntie Meiling also said that when I called her. I asked her why did she recommend someone like that to me and she said she thought she'll be ok.
Both claimed the method of doing confinement in KL is different. They eat very light and can eat the same dishes throughout the month. True? I dunno.
6) She doesn't respect privacy. When I'm napping, she will come in and ask me to have lunch or dinner. Even after seeing me sleeping, she will keep coming in till I go out. I told her before I don't eat early. But she's used to eating early so she can cook like at 3pm and dinner is ready at 5pm! My dinner time is 7pm...
7) 1st day I told her I can't take too much wine or ginger as I'm bf. 2nd day all 3 meals and each dish has heaps of ginger on it. I asked her what happened and she pretended to say 'oh, that's what I told other clients before but they said not true'
On 3rd day early morning after she carried bb over for nursing, she came into my rm to cry and said her dad fell and she needs to go home. My hubby immediately woke up and called a cab for her and we paid her 2 days salary.
Auntie Meiling called shortly and asked y did I not call her to tell her Ah Guan is leaving. I said I'm still nursing and Ah Guan can't wait to leave. She told me she's lying and I shouldn't have paid her cos she already took $100 from her. I told her this is between the 2 of them, they should settle themselves. But I was upset that I got cheated. Auntie Meiling said her current client is willing to let her go to help me. I was suspicious whether she is good or not since the client let her go after only a wk. But I decided to go ahead to try. She seems alot better than Ah Guan on the 1st day, more knowledgeable and more modern. However, things start to slide after that:
1) Day 2, she increased my bb's feed from 60-70ml to 100ml at night w/o asking. I had EBM and portion to 70ml. He's only 1 wk old! She wiped out all my EBM stock and passed comments that my BM is so little after each pump. Gynae n PD advised she is overfeeding and we told her to reduce. She's unhappy and keeps hinting that bb is hungry and don't want to sleep at night.
2)She requested to buy good food like drumstick to cook for the maid (more like she wants to eat)
3) Complains that it is very troublesome for her to cook for the maid since she can't eat pork.
4) Always talking on her mobile. Her ringtone is very loud and keeps on ringing. I wonder if my bb can sleep wells since he sleeps with her.
5)Requested for $200 advance payment on day 2 though I have already paid her $300 deposit. Wanted some time off to go and meet her friend to buy things.
6) Told me she might not be able to do full 28 days cos her next job is on 7th June (3 wks away from my EDD!) I'm quite upset that she doesn't intend to do full right from the start, so unprofessional! Now I realised her Apr 1st job is supposed to be Apr 30th and I bet she took it knowing that short gap to my EDD in mid May.
On day 3 night, she told us that her mum is in coma in hospital (sounds familiar???) She needs to go back the next day and asked if I want a replacement which she will recommend. I told her let me think about it. But she proceeded to call her friend and arranged.
On day 4 when she's going to leave, she said her friend who is supposed to come suddenly fell sick. Asked me if I want to look for my own or still need her to recommend. Thankfully my friend gave me her CL's contact and luckily she's available.
That ends my misery of the 2 CL's from Negri Sembilan. I have nothing against people coming from there (sorry I can't remember which town), just upset that both are similar in pattern (unwilling to take criticism, used the same old excuse)
Please please take extra caution and not hire this Auntie Meiling. Seems like she is more interested to earn commission from her hometown friends than doing a proper confinement for us. She is fair and quite chubby with mid-length hair, 44 yrs old. Has a house in JB as well.

Sorry for the long post above as I'm really upset. Now I would like to recommend my 3rd CL - Auntie Meizhen who is from JB.
She is 62 yrs old and is very experienced. My hubby commented she seems the most modern though she is the oldest. She is very cheerful and can communicate well with me. Her other strengths are:
1) She's a fantastic cook. I don't eat pig trotters in vinegar but she cooked it so well that I ate all. She varies her dishes alot that it is so appetising and not boring at all
2) She takes very good care of bb. She bathed bb in herbal water and although my bb is only 2 wks old, his rashes has subsided alot and no more new ones popping out
3) She is very fast and efficient and automatic. She doesn't need much instructions and she can figure out herself where things are kept and what to do etc.
4)She is very chin-chai. She enjoys cooking so much that sometimes she will cook special dishes for the maid (spicy type) when my maid said she loves her dishes. She is also ok to cook more if our family members visit. She is also willing to teach my maid to cook and how to take care of bb.
She is like a mummy taking good care of me. Really lucky to have her after my bad encounters. She has just re-started after stopping for 2 years to help her daughter. I hope you all will benefit if you hire her as well (note: I don't gain anything from promoting her)
Her contact no is 60108232696

I am a new mummy. I found this wonderful CL. I simply love her!

She is responsible, experienced, good tempered, help to do housework, cook nice food, took good care of me and baby! She is M'sian, JB. Her religion is Cantonese. She speak Mandarin, Malay, Hakka, Cantonese, Hokkien, Teo Chew and some English.

A GOOD CL is very impact. I hope all can find a good CL. Can call this CL if anyone need the services.

She often do confinement in Singapore. You can contact directly to Aunt Mary @ +60108847576 (international line) / [email protected] / www.marychengny.blogspot.com

Hi MTB,

I would like to recommend my confinement lady Auntie Ah Wey @ 83035009 (SG)+60177358212.

She took care of my sil and nephew in Sept 2010 and myself in Aug 2011. She does not mind cookingfor the whole family, moping the floor and doing the dishes. Most importantly, she take good care ofthe mummy and the baby, all WILL BE IN GOOD HANDS. She is clean and hygienic.

Highly recommended.

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 3:32 pm:       
Hey all

Im soo grateful to my CL that I want want to recommend her to others. How can I go about doing it? Can't help in other ways other than giving her ang pow so I want to help by recommending her more businesses.. Anyway for those who have friends/relatives who are looking for CL, mine is really good..

Reason being

1. she cooks very well. Will cook separately for hubby and I (coz she tries not to let hubby take confinement food coz too heaty). If I have guest, she will also cook for my guest if they wants to eat..

2. Hand wash mine and baby's clothes

3. Washes hubby's clothes seperately

4. When my guest is here to visit me, will help me to host them by cutting fruits or pouring drinks for them.

5. Does housework for me. Even things like cleaning of toilet or cleaning my fan coz she say too dusty.

6. Takes care of baby and trains baby. Trains baby to drink at xx time interval, not to spoil baby by carrying her, talks to baby and loves baby..

7. Takes good care of me. Ensures that I eat full full.

8. Listens to "instructions". Example if you are not comfortable with her in any ways, she will change. Like coz I have this open concept kitchen and if she cooks with too big fire, my house will be really oily.. First day, thats what she did and my house is filled with smoke and oil.. But then after telling her, she lowered the fire and mop the floor(for the WHOLE HOUSE) after every cooking.. So nice right? We didnt even ask her to mop, just ask her to lower the fire..

9. The list goes on...

Before this, I always find posts that recommends their CL dubious as in why would someone post and highly recommend their CL for nothing.. Now I know..

Anyone interested can contact her at 8242 6108 / 016-746 1157.

Cai Mei Ying or Aunty Mei Ying

A warning to mothers looking for confinement nannies, its better to go thru word of mouth rather than forum recommendations. I engaged a nanny, Cai Mei Yin or Aunty Mei Ying thru rigorous search on this forum but she turned out to be my worst fears come true. I am not sure if her services are still touted and recommended online, but if u are doing your research based on forum searches as I did, pls use your discretion!

- I did not heed the warning signs. When i met with her to place deposit, she criticized the mother she was taking care of at that time, that she never did 'tai jiao', that's why the baby now sleeps very late resulting in her not being able to sleep early too.
- she also said she has to nap every afternoon.
- I asked her what herbs I could buy in advance, for her to prepare tonics for me, she said oh, the usual. I told her I really have no idea so could she advice? Can she tell me some so i can buy first? I need to be prepared. She named about 2 herbs, then said I can ask any old people around me, like my mother or mother in law.. Don't they know? Else I can ask medical hall.
- I booked her way in advance for 2 months, but on the first day or work, she says she has a double booking and could not turn down the other party. So she could only work less than a month. She said she was sorry but I should have a mother or mother in law who can take over. !! Despite taking my deposit of $200 when we met before I delivered.
- Turns out, this nanny herself needs nannying. She says she can't sleep too late at night, complains that pillow cover is too slippery and she can't sleep well. She also revealed that her shortest stint is 5 days with a family cos they were boring people, they slept too early, around 8pm and did not watch tv. With her clear warning, we left the tv on specially for her, bought Chinese newspaper in case she was bored.. She still complained of boredom. Another of her warnings was that I had to giver her an ang pow on first day of work, else things would not go smoothly.
- in terms of caring for baby, she refused to test the temperature of heated breast milk before feeding baby. She would just hold the bottle with her fingers and deem it ok. She refused to test by having a drop on her wrist. Even when I tell her that different brands of bottles will feel differently, they may be different in thickness, material etc, so just touching the bottle is not an accurate gauge. She was wrong many times, and one time wrong is one time too many! That's one time of too hot milk into my newborn's mouth/throat/stomach!!
- she does NOT wash her hands after wiping baby's poo. Everytime. Despite repeated appeals. She got angry and offended as she says she has been doing this all along.
- she does NOT wash her hands after touching the broom or dustpan. She will proceed to handle baby, touch baby's cot sheets etc.
- at night, she watches tv and I vividly remember her scurrying when baby cries, cos oh, she forgot to wash the bottles again. So baby has to wait, AGAIN. Too bad for the hungry newborn.
- In terms of cooking, every meal was almost the same. She even says, it's not difficult to cook confinement food, its just frying everything with ginger and sesame. Only variation is the type of vegetable we provide, and whether it's rice or noodle version. After a few days, you will realize she is not a genuine confinement nanny. Tonics? Besides the pre-packed all-in-one tonics that we bought from eu yang sang, she was not able to offer more, neither in advice nor in brewing anything else.
- she revealed that she was all along a factory worker and only became confinement nanny cos of the good money and that it's nothing difficult at all.
- Btw, she is young. She is in her late 40s, a Malaysian but Singapore PR, husband works in Singapore and daughter studying in spore. Her contact number is 824301xx and 07-55931xx. Pls use your own discretion rather than rely on raving forum reviews. I paid for it with my health at the most crucial time when I hired and depended on her to 'take care' of me and my baby. She failed on every count.

Hi, I would like to recommend my confinement lady too. She is very experienced, cooks well and boils very nourishing soup to boost breastmilk. She even was hired to Australia to do confinement.

You can SMS me at 98470741 should anyone of you be keen. She is currently doing confinement for me till mid July. She will be available after that. Thanks!

Hi , would like to reccomend my fantastic CL , was really lucky to have her as i initially hire one cl who was money grabber , ask for higher pay , air ticket to penang , minimum $200 ang pow and final straw was that she insist on "helping" me buy expensive things like abalone .. so i sacked her ..

Luckily i got this CL who initially retired to take care of grandson .. now she just decided to come back and i got her.. finishing my confinement next .. she is god send ..Her name is auntie Hui Feng ..

My baby is extremely fussy and cry for milk every hour . She is quite pro breast feeding thus dun mind staying up the night to take care . She wakes up ard 6 am just to start preparing my meal .. everyday breakfast , lunch , dinner is like restaurant style .. so far , into my 26 days of confinement i only have 2 repeated dish ... She make very good food even for my husband and my fussy mother and a separeate set for my dad. So daily , she cook 3 type , one set for me , one for mum and husband , and one set for dad who is vegetarian . SHe also is quite clean and can tell she love baby. Extrememly patient and kind , not wasteful at all ... imagine when i was in hospital , she brought my confinemnet food even when i ordered hospital meal , then she say dun waste and she can help me eat the not nice hospital food if nobody eat .. very nice and sweet lady ..
There was once my mum bought meat bao and she told me that better not eat as not sure what type of meat they use , might not good for me ..so the next day she immediatey hand made meat bao me ... how many CL would do that !
She also help to teach my new maid how to care for baby , how to do housechore , and maintain my maid cleanliness such as min 1 day bath 3 time cos taking care of baby .. she also talk sense into my maid when my maid got lazy ,.. so really is making my every penny wrth .. she make me feel that she is more of mother than a CL .. very motherly and yet not naggy .. she is modern and flexible and also respect our privacy alot.. she totally understand that having our first baby, we naturally will want to see baby more so even when hubby came bk late from work , she dun mind leaving the room when hubby come in to see so that we can have family time ... so very considerate ...
she is also not pushy in the confinement rules, she will tell u what to do but if you decide not to, she will respect too .. (etc like me i die die no give bottle till 3 weeks so for 3 weeks she patiently spoonfeed my baby thru the night ). The only thing she very admandant about is mummy have to drink enuff soup .. so she gave me 3 big bowl a day and insist i drink cos it will help produce milk ...
She is also frenly to all guest that comes and dun mind cooking extra for them .. i duno what bad point to say abt her as i have yet to find any ,, can only thank her by posting good review and reccomendation .. i will post all pics of food she cook .. but she mention that she is able to cook different thing and so much everyday cos we have alot of ingredients in the fridge .. so for those who hire her , if you want to eat something u have to have the ingredient ,,,

I extended my confinement with her and now really cant bear to let her leave .. i guess all who employ her is lucky .. i am not related to her and fund her by a forummer recommendation too .. so since i am so free doing my confinement now i can give very detail review ... haha .. For those who ineterested please email me at [email protected]

7428398.jpg

7428399.jpg

7428400.jpg

Hi Mummies, 

I have engaged Auntie Siew Hoon (SGP HP: 84203549, Msia HP: +6011 1628 4086) 2 weeks ago & it was a TOTAL NIGHTMARE! 

PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE AUNTIE SIEW HOON if you do not want to go into depression! 

I engaged her after reading a few good reviews on her online too but she disappointed me greatly! I nearly went into postnatal blues. 

On her 1st day, she was very proactive & kept telling me that she doesn't like to be free & likes to keep busy, so she offered to vacuum & mop our house. On her 2nd day, when we woke up, we saw her did our laundry and ironing so we thought she was good! Note: We DID NOT ask her to do laundry, ironing for us. She did it on her own will. 

She started showing her true colors after the 1st week & flared up at me on her 8th day, saying that she was unhappy & wana leave on the day, making both my husb & I helpless as we are new parents! 

Below are the trauma she caused me during the 8 days when she was with me. 

1. My 4 days old baby caught a flu & vomited milk from his nostrils & mouth. Auntie Siew Hoon blamed it on the quality of my breastmilk! She said I took too sweet & heaty food and caused my baby to be heaty. She kept saying my baby is hot and shouldn't be wrapped up so much & guess what, that worsen his stuffy nose. I was so sad seeing my baby suffering from a blocked nose! 

2. She kept saying my milk supply is little, cannot satisfy my baby & so, making the baby cry. 

3. She offered my baby pacifier when he's crying! Have you seen a 4 days old baby taking pacifier? It's really a heartpain for me. I know it's wrong but being new, I let her do her way. :"( 

4. I asked her if there is still enough cheese and bread. If not, I can get my husb to buy more bread, cheese, ham or jam so that she can have some varieties or she can cook mee sua or macaroni for her breakfast too. Then she got SENSITIVE & replied rudely, "I only took 2 pieces of cheese a week & you all are saying I eat alot!" I told her, "Auntie, I'm just asking you if you have enough to eat. I'm worried you are sick of eating bread all the time. We don't care how much you eat as long as you feel comfortable in our house." AM I NOT being nice to her? And she became defensive & asked to go out to buy bread and biscults. I stay in a private & there isn't any supermarket or bakery within walking distance from my house, so I told her to tell me what she needs to buy & I will get my husb to help her buy. And she told me off rudely that "You condo people are so hard to serve. Next time I won't accept any assignment from Condo ppl. You guys won't even allow me to go out to buy bread. So heartless."???!!! Mummies, what did I do or said wrong?? 

5. She complained we stretched her to the max & made her do so many housework. BUT we didn't ask her to do housework at all! I told her I have a part time helper who comes every wednesday! And she still has the cheek to tell me that she did the ironing only out of good will. I said we did ask you to do ironing at all. WTH?!! Now she's putting ALL the blame to us for everything. I even kept asking her to go take a nap & rest whenever the baby zz....Isn't that not good to her enough? 

6. Everyday she cooks almost the same dishes for my husb & me. Not much varieties & seems like she only knows fish & papaya soup can boost milk supply. Other than that, she can't make or offer to cook other dishes or soups that can help in my milk supply! 

7. She complained that we treated her like a maid. Need her to bring the red dates drink to me & collect the cup after I finish. She said why can't I "zhi dong" bring the cup out to the kitchen after I finish. I thought CL's role is to help mummies recuperate & don't make the mummies walk too much during this 1 month confinement? Is my understanding wrong? If I need to do all these, bring the cups & dishes into the kitchen after I finish & walk so much, I might as well do my DIY confinement. After all, it's my few days after delivery & my wound has not healed!! 

8. On her 8th day, she asked to leave on the day itself or give me 3 days notice! OF COURSE, anyone with a sane mind would ask her to leave on the day! AND guess what, she dumped alot of unwashed baby clothes in the pail & really left me in trauma!

9. That's not the end of her. When we asked her to leave, she said we have to pay her 1 day advance payment, meaning we have to pay her salary for 9 days of work, instead of 8 days! What logic is that???! I told my husb, give the money she needs & asked her PACK & GO! 

10. When my new CL came, she was shocked that my baby's umbilical cord is still intact, damp & smelly. She said it will cause infection if it is not cleaned well. My new CL felt sad for baby and me that the previous CL did not do a proper cleaning of the cord for my baby & left me depressed. My baby's umbilical cord has now dropped off just 2 days after my new CL took over, whereas Auntie Siew Hoon just gave an excuse that my baby's cord did not drop off because it is a big cord. Stupid reason! 

I thought confinement is a period for mummies to recuperate & relax & be happy. But she has really left me crying & putting blame on myself. 

Thankfully, I managed to engage my new Confinement Lady from my friend's recommendation. We call her "Chen Tai / Auntie Chen". She's from JB and when she heard my CL left me helpless, she immediately called me a few times to say she will come out immediately to take care of me & baby. 

I highly recommend Chen Tai if you need a good CL. My milk supply has since increased from 30ml to 100ml just 1 day after she arrived. She helped me so much, cooked so well, kept talking to my baby & said "Auntie loves you, sayang you..." and encouraged me in breastfeeding. 

Chen Tai / Auntie Chen's SGP HP: 84558025 or Msia HP: +6012 3840288

Hi,
If you looking for a Good responsible confinement lady. You can try mine. My baby already 15mths old, until now, i will still call her for baby advice and she is always there to advice me.

She can cook good confinement food and Good with baby.
Her name is Auntie Ah Li, email me if you need her contact. ([email protected])

Hi Mummies... and Daddies

I'm looking for a good and responsible CL that's available in Mar13

Preferably one that cooks well too ( I'm quite a fussy eater
blush.gif
)

And also. Do we need to give them Ang Pow beginning and end of confinement?
What's the market rate to give?

Many thanks in advance!!

Hi Prificelia,

I can recommend my CL to you.

You can have a word or meet up with my CL before you engage her.

She has done my first kid, 5 yrs ago and now doing my 2nd baby. She is a good cook and never take nap in the afternoon and wake up at night to feed my baby.

Pm me for her contact

Hi mummies,

My mum is a confinement lady with around 19 to 20 years of working experience in this line. Anyone looking for confinement lady in or after August 2013 is welcome to email [email protected]. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Peggy

Hi mummies,

I'm doing currently doing my confinement (in my 4th week) and would like to recommend my CL, Lan Yee.

1. Cooks really delicious and nutritious meals and soup ( including papaya with fish, black beans, etc) to increase my milk supply. She seldom cook the same dishes. She prepares meals for my hubby too. On alternate day, she will also prepare herbal soup (black chicken with dang gui, etc).
2. Cooks red dates drink daily. She also boils herbal water for showering from week 3 onwards.
3. Very knowledgeable - know what to eat and what to avoid.
4. Most importantly, she is very patient with my baby. My baby is very difficult to take care coz he always wake up in the middle of the night n quite bad temper. But she has been very patient all this while. She is able to wake up whenever the baby cries or make funny noise, even at night.
5. Supportive of bf and encourages me to let baby latch on more often to create more breast milk.

I am grateful to have her to help me take care of bb and me. She was previously in London for a few months in 2013 and was only back in mar 2013 hence has not taken up any job from sept - nov 2013. For those who are interested, can contact her directly

She is currently in Singapore and will be back in Malaysia in mid May. Her contact no is +65 81496895 (Sg) or +60 16 9188648 (mal). You can also pm me if you would like to know more about her.

How soon do u find a confinement lady at how many months pregnant? How much is a confinement lady for 9am-7pm or full day? Thanks for guiding
happy.gif

Hi all,

Anyone got good confinement ladies to recommend, d be good if any moms here use before? I have booked my friend's CL in July but she last min in Sept fly me aero plane, I read e forums and read a lot of very scary experiences.... so wanna anyone got good CL to refer?

My EDD is on 4 Feb 2014.

Thank you in advance

I have a good confinement lady to recommend.
She helps me to look after my 3 kids and even my new born baby without any extra charges.
She wakes up early in the morning to prepare breakfast for my kids and bring them to n fro sch. Shes does all the marketing & even teaches my new maid to cook and learn many household chores. She is very fast and clean worker. Most of all she cooks yummy confinement food and takes good care of all my children. She wakes up at night to feed my newborn & treats my kids like her grandchildren . Im really please with her service.
Shes book very fast, luckily I book her 3mths in advance.
If u would like to have a good confinement lady, let her know u are recommend by li juan.
u can contact her straight @

8405 5342

hi..can pls help to advise more as i need 1 cl ard mid dec...my edd. thanks alot.

Hi Prificelia,

I can recommend my CL to you.

You can have a word or meet up with my CL before you engage her.

She has done my first kid, 5 yrs ago and now doing my 2nd baby. She is a good cook and never take nap in the afternoon and wake up at night to feed my baby.

Pm me for her contact
hi..can pls help advise n recommend.
my edd is mid dec 2013.

thank you very much.

hi
Hi mummies,

I'm doing currently doing my confinement (in my 4th week) and would like to recommend my CL, Lan Yee.

1. Cooks really delicious and nutritious meals and soup ( including papaya with fish, black beans, etc) to increase my milk supply. She seldom cook the same dishes. She prepares meals for my hubby too. On alternate day, she will also prepare herbal soup (black chicken with dang gui, etc).
2. Cooks red dates drink daily. She also boils herbal water for showering from week 3 onwards.
3. Very knowledgeable - know what to eat and what to avoid.
4. Most importantly, she is very patient with my baby. My baby is very difficult to take care coz he always wake up in the middle of the night n quite bad temper. But she has been very patient all this while. She is able to wake up whenever the baby cries or make funny noise, even at night.
5. Supportive of bf and encourages me to let baby latch on more often to create more breast milk.

I am grateful to have her to help me take care of bb and me. She was previously in London for a few months in 2013 and was only back in mar 2013 hence has not taken up any job from sept - nov 2013. For those who are interested, can contact her directly

She is currently in Singapore and will be back in Malaysia in mid May. Her contact no is +65 81496895 (Sg) or +60 16 9188648 (mal). You can also pm me if you would like to know more about her.

hi..can advise.my edd is mid dec 2013.so lookingfor a gd cl.

thank you.

hi

My confinement lady was fabulous. Employed her for 3 confinements. She is very clean, will bathe or change clothes after cooking. She is a great cook and knowledgeable in confinement food (what to eat, not to eat, when to eat what etc).
She wakes up early to prepare for the day. She is a light sleeper so she wakes me up to bf the baby at night and burp her or changes her diaper at night. she doesnt mind cooking for the whole family (hubby and my 3 elder kids)
Call her at +60149820338. Her name is Aunty Pin Ru. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Hello,
Any mummies who had confinement done by a Ya Lian jie? She was recommended by another nanny, Siew Ling Jie and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with her. Thanks!

Back