Good confinement lady to recommend

sappy

Hi

I thought i share this ...

I just finished my confiment and had a very good confirment lady (Aunty Yue Fen).

I even extended her for 2 more weeks.

This is my second child, my first child i engaged a CFL as well but it was a terrible experience. Hence, this time i was also skeptical when i was recommended to this CF aunty.

So i was extremely glad that i had this aunty this time round.

She has many years of experience, very patient and loving with my daughter. First few days she is with me, she takes the time to observe my daughter to see how she can best take care of her, and she learns very fast. She cooks very yummy food (my first confirment i had horrible food and i didnt know confirment food can actually taste nice ...) and most important my family all like her very much and she is hygenic!

She has a very pleasent character, very helpful and responsible. when looking after baby, she doesnt on her hp or pick her hp so that she wont be distracted.

If any one is interested you can contact her at 65 8375 6048 (SG) or her house at 0207-6522606 (MSA). (but as i say if she is looking after baby her hp might be off or she doesnt pick up, so you might want to leave a message instead so that she can revert)

Cheers!

Thumbs up for my confinement lady. She really relieved me of all my worries. That's why I want to share this with all the mums-to-be out there. All your concerns will be gone if you engaged her. That's provided her schedule allows. Just say you are recommended by Lixuan you might get a better rate! Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than the cost.

Contact no: +65 93909291

M'sia: 0177164527

Hi,

I have a good CL to introduce too, her name is Siew Ling (秀玲姐). Currently she is doing confinement for me. Her sis is Siew Zhen, another very good confinement lady.

I was introduced to Siew Ling when her sis schedule was full. Siew Ling will tell u to have an "interview" with her so as to ensure both are comfortable with each other. U may ask her any questions during the "interview".

She is very hardworking since the first day she came. She helps with all the housework, cleans up the kitchen after cooking. She also checks with u what type of food u prefer (but of cos.. not for the fussy as she can cook many types of nice confinement food). If u can eat everything she cook that will be better and she ensures that all food has to be fresh. She will also make sure all her work are completed before resting.

Nite time, she will ensure that u will rest well and she will fully take care of the baby. If u are pro-BF, she will oso help to wake u up to feed the baby.

I had extended her for another 2 days to help me out as her permit only allows up to 30 days. She is also willing to guide and teach you on how to look after your baby.

You can contact her at (tell her recommended by Xinyi):

SG line: 81195431 (contactable when she is working in SG)

MY line: 013-7067061 / 012-7609538

just finished my confinement in end Aug 2010... this is my 3rd confinement lady and she is the best that i have... my first 2 cannot make it... so i am really grateful that i found her...

If you need to find a confinement lady, do PM me.. will pass you her contact.

she's from Msia JB

Congratulations to all MTBs, if you are looking for a reliable confinement lady... I hope by penning down my experience here could aid new mummies or mummies to get a better confinement nanny

My first confinement story...

Yes, I agree a good confinement nanny is very hard to engaged and i would like to state my experience with my confinement nanny. I've engaged my initial first CL (58yrs) thru PEM confinement and she kept complaining about her backache and also muscle ache and I still have to take care of her instead! I've a hard time putting up with her, in addition...she also insisted on her 'break/nap time' from 2:15pm to 4:15pm and during that hours she simply does nothing even my baby cries! After four days... I simply let her go and PEM 'persuaded me to get a replacement but wanna charge me S$200!' I said FORGET IT!.

Thereafter, my boss recommended another agency she had her CL. Her name is Mei Hua and is about mid forties... Initially we have some doubts about her experiences (after the ordeal we went through) but she soon familiarize herself with our enviornment and is a great help to us.

The day she arrived was the day I went for my for my infant's jab.... baby was very hard to handle... she had a hard time coaxing my infant to sleep, she was then introduced to my parents-in-law, my elder son, maid and my hubby... next, she would ensure I get some rest before she prepare my bath water, longan tea and getting ready to cook dinner. I showed her around my house and taught her how to use the vacuum cleaner, washing machine, stove and other electrical appliances and show her the kitchen and also the laundry area. After my bath, she asked me if i wanted to pump my breast milk and went ahead to prepare it.... subsequently after pumping i went to rest and took a nap too. I woke up during dinner time and was amazed that she cooked for the whole family and while we're having dinner, she took care of my bb and also give me advise on how to breast-feed my bb. During the ngt, my hubby and I had complete rest and Mei Hua took care of everything. As the days goes by, my bb is able to latch well (thanks for her help) and her confinement food was really superb. B'cos i don't take pig trotters and rice wine chix, she encourage me to try and I ate heartily! On the third week, she also taught my maid baby handling skills and show patience towards my elder boy whenever he tries to jump near my infant. She also gets along well with my both my parents-in-law. During the last week, I was worried that my bb will get 'hooked' to latching on during feeding, I ask Mei Hua to help me... She show great patience and care during the process and I'm really please with her performance and help rendered greatly.

As even now our family members still missed her greatly. Finally, when we realise it was already her last day with us, I gave her a 'big' ang pow and tell her that she 'earned' it herself. Till now, my parents-in-law still mentioned about her during our conversation.

She was indeed a great help and I really wish mummies could get this kinda help during your confinement period. Kindly PM me if any MTB interested in getting her contact. For my upcoming confinement (next year)... it's gonna be the same bliss agency I'm engaging from again. I hope by sharing information... mummies could get more informative about the choices avail and get 'suitable help' during your vunerable period.

My younger sis too engaged AILI from the same agency and we meet up for the second time... and my sis being a first time mum with infant born prematurely... AILI's knowledge really aid us alot and explained infant's feeding 'special method' and skills needing to specially handling premature infant. We really benefit from her "extra lessons" given by her [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and she also explain how to efficiently clean baby girl and things to look out for.... I also learn quite a bit too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I also agreed there are still very 'good' confinement ladies out there too... but mummies needing an extra help during confinement...it's still safest to get from agency when we are not too sure.

Juz one word of caution... pls get a reliable agency... Being famous ones doesn't mean they have integrity too...

P/s: I don get any commission out of this recommendation.

Hi All,

Sharing my experience with all..

Blacklist CL - Aunty Ya Fang. (can go to this link to see pic of her - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8457552/Fang_confinement_list.pdf)

I had this horrible CL which was intro by frds. This CL is so bad tempered, she always argue and quarrel with me and MIL. She always boast on how many years of experience she had and asked us not to teach her what to do. My baby cannot sleep at nite and she simply blame my baby for being a difficult baby and not letting her sleep! She is such a typical superstitious person that she put my husband's underwear near my baby so that baby will sleep! Worst, she threaten us! I have no choice but to ask her to leave after 2 weeks. Pls reconsider if you are thinking of getting this CL.

Recommended CL - Aunty Siew Hoon, Malaysia hp-016 3760125, Sg hp-84203549

Now, I found this wonderful current CL. I think I really make a good choice to ask the previous CL to leave. I simply love her, she is so much different from the previous CL!

Responsible, experienced, good tempered, willing to do all housework, cook nice food, most impt took care of me and baby so well! The previous CL always make my baby cry but this CL is so patient with baby and she sings song to baby to make baby happy! I am really happy to have her.

Motherhood is tough especially after given birth, good rest and someone to take care of baby is what we need. A GOOD CL is very very impt. I hope all can find a good CL. Can call my current CL if anyone cannot find any yet. She is really worth your cent.

This is Aunty Siew Hoon with my baby! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4470078.jpg]

Hi,

I had a Stay-In Msia CF lady to highly recommend.

She is very honest, flexible, friendly, great CF cook, ard early 50 yrs old, got more than 10yrs experience.

She is very good at handling with newborn baby. She is capable at burping my baby in less than a second. She also knows why the baby cried everytime. I am still trying to learn from her.

She can be contact at

HP: 81535205(S'pore line) / +60167209255(Msia line)

NAME: Auntie Chong

Note: She is very popular so MUST book her in advance with deposit.

can someone oso enlightened mi if we need to pay deposit to the CL and oso do we need to give angbao to the CL after they finish?

thks

hihi... if you need, i can give you my cntact for CL.. i have 3 kids and 3 different CL.. my last CL is the best and my MIL is very happy that we have found her.. very responsible and really love kids...I just gave birth in end Jul 2010

Yes, you need to place deposit to "secure" your booking... else the CL have no obligation and commitment to your booking de... reasonable deposit is $100 or $200.

Think is a norm to give ang bao before and after the service. I gave $28 for a start... then after the confinement finish, i gave her $58 cos i think she is really really good.. i am really grateful to have her around...

Hi all mommies here ~ I'm looking for a good CL on March 2011 , My EDD is around 26- 30th March, any nice recommendation CL ?

Please kindly PM me if you have one. Cause this is my #1 bb, and seriously i've no ideal of any good CL ~ Thanks !! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Please ignore all my comments stated above as I was pestered to write it during my 2nd week of confinement. Personally, I don't recommend Auntie Chong after 28days of confinement period.

Please be aware of Aunty Lian if she's recommending her jie mei CL for you.

She charged me $2.2k and asked for $300 deposit.

I thought the deposit is for her jie mei, only to find out later that the deposit was her drink coffee money and the rest $1.9k goes to the CL.

Hi

if anyone interested to get a cl, do pm me.

I am from feb 2011 thread. My current cl is so much better than my previous one. You can meet up with her if you want as she stays in singapore.

For Good Confinement Lady.. U can call Auntie Choo @ hp:98476976

She a non-stay CL can cook delcious CL Food with different method on 28days, Honest & great experience & Flexible lady.....u call her meet her & find out yourself...

@ hp:98476976

Hi All

My confinement lady is also quite good. She is called Xin Hua. She has

20 years' experience. She can cook a variety of confinement food

(including soups and tonics), can take care of baby and do simple

housechores for you if you don't have a maid. She is very

pro-breastfeeding and can do breast massage too. I had quite a hard

time breastfeeding my first kid and she is really a great help.

You can contact her at +60172418030 (M'sia no.) or +6590395121 (Singapore HP).

Hi All

this is Er jie's contact 8243 4257 (sg) or 6016 452 8916 (msia no.)

She is 57 yo but look only early fifties, definately her engery to look aft bb n mom is there. She can cook nice food as well as i am a picky eater yet she can cook to my liking....

she does help out in a bit of laundry hanging, clothes folding, and sometimes mopping the floor if bb is cooperative.

she is really a great help.

ann01jan or other mummies out there,

er jie is still wif me and i let her know of the situation. in fact, she is more than willing to take up any of the jun assignments as Irene is the one who collected the deposit and she hasnt gt any $ from irene. she will only collect the bal from mummies who she do confinement wif.

so she might be a victim too reserving her slots for irene's cases and if any of u juz forfeit the deposit, she oso no income/job.

she will be wif me till 16 may. any mummies wanna meet her can call her actually.....think engaging her is better than forfeiting the deposit.

good luck to your CL hunt....

Hi All,

I'm a new mum in this forum with a pair of 26 days old identical twin boys and I would like to share my experience and recommend my current CL, Meiling and I-kare(www.i-kare.com.sg) agency.

Before contacting I-kare, I too, am looking around for CLs and have no clue whom to get.. thro this forum, I learnt bout i-kare and I contacted May.

After talking to May, I found out that unlike other agencies, i-kare has their own exclusive nannies and May will assign a nanny whom is suitable for your needs.

Meiling, currently with me, is really good and works fast. And I would say she’s a god-sent helper for me.. She helps with the chores, does the laundry and prepares food, not just for me, also for my family members.. And furthermore, she takes very good care of my twins and is very careful with the boys.. **which allows me to have full rest during this period**..

I am not too sure if my experience is useful to you, but from what I have been thro, I feel its best for you to talk to the agencies before deciding what is best for you and for you infant. Getting right help is something that is really important esp when you are in confinement.

We have a confinement nanny to recommend. Her name is Siew Zhen jie. She's been with us for more than a month. We extended her service by about a week because she has done such a wonderful job. It was nearly handsfree for both of us because she practically does everything.

The baby sleeps with her so she does the night shift. Hubby doesn't have to wake up but I have to wake up to pump milk.

Nanny is quite up to date and even knows the difference between what KK recommends and what Thomson recommends. She takes good care of baby, bathing, wiping, changing nappies, feeding, patting her to sleep. Baby is now so close to her to our embarrassment. When we carry baby, she tends to fidgit but when nanny carries, she's all happy.

Nanny does all the cooking, cooks nutritious food for me and mops the floor. Doesn't eat much, doesn't ask to watch TV. Excellent, dedicated worker.

Today is her last day. Dread how we can cope without her.

Anyway, nanny told me that her next assignment for two months is cancelled because the baby came out premature and will be in hospital care for long, long time. So her next employer has decided to forfeit their deposit.

Nanny is available now so grab her if you need one.

If she is still in Singapore, you can reach her at 92440112.

If she has gone back to Malaysia, you can reach her at 60197733251 or 60127393588.

Hi mummies,

Anyone engaged Aunty Mary before?

SG HP : 82619739

Msia HP : 0167421551

She says she fully booked till end this year but recommended me her jie mei Yu Lan.

Asking for $400 deposit

And does not give me Yu Lan's number saying can contact through her.

Aunty Mary claims she is in her late forties,

Just checking if she is reliable before I transfer the deposit to her.

Please help!!!

If not any good CL to recommend?

Hi Mummies, if you are looking for a DAYTIME confinement lady, I would recommend my previous confinement lady. Serene, is a Singaporean and did a wonderful job - good cook, very experienced with baby. She was able to cook very nice food and her confinement food was excellent too. I learnt alot about baby care from her.

You can contact Serene at 97511169.

I am not related to serene, just her ex-employer :)

She's very reliable - and genuinely cares for the kid and for me. We are still in contact 2 years after she worked for me!

For Good Confinement Lady.. U can call Auntie Choo @ hp:98476976

She a non-stay CL can cook delcious CL Food with different method on 28days, Honest & great experience & Flexible lady.....u call her meet her & find out yourself...

@ hp:98476976

Hi Jayne, read that u used I-Kare's services. Sounds good. Gone to their website but did not get much info. Do u hv other friends who hv use their services b4? I m due during d CNY period so I need someone really reliable. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Missy22

Have you found yourself a CN already?

One of MTBs (who is also due around CNY) had cancelled my MIL's services due to unforseen circumstances.

Do PM me if you need further info.

Anyone know of a "budget" confinement lady who is willing to help a low income family for about half the market price as it's 3rd child.. And has no one helping the mum.

Don't need to stay in, but if have would be great...if have contacts please pm me

Mum of this family is due around cny period. anyone can help please, she stays near mrt

Hi,

My CL is currently with me and I must say she's really a great help. Not only looking after both my 3rd baby and myself, washes and cooks for whole family and even offer to bathe and feeds my 2+ gal. Both my children love her cooking and I must say, she's really not bad. Cooks breakfast, lunch, dinner and herbal soup or tonic before I turn in. What more can I ask for.

I can only thank her through recommendation if there's any but she's only available this oct. Next year feb onwards also can. If anyone interested, can call me at 96842167 to speak to her personally. She's a Malaysian Cantonese. Can speak mandarin too but not English.

She's 47, clean, automatic, teachable and most importantly patient with my baby.

My current confinement nanny will b with me till 24th Sept 2011. Shes in her mid forties and is looking for oct 2011 mums to do confinement =)

She does simple hsework , dishes for mummy and my hubby and is frenly. Takes good care of my bb and encourages breastfeeding =) .Her name is amy and she's frm KL. Her sg number is 850 66938 and her mobile number is +60 0172073966 .

Chermaine or whoever u r! Fancy trying to smear other ppl's or company. If you r genuine but you are NOT! From yr posts...

A Singapore Motherhood Portal for the Singapore Parents

Year 2004 and earlier Mums

Top 10 Primary ...

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 6:59 pm - not easy to get the space

Carpe Diem

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:01 pm - each teacher is different

Enopi Maths

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:05 pm - quite good.

MOMMY CLUB - Yr 2007 P1s (Yr2000 Millennium & Dragon Babi...

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:04 pm - i think most important is

Preggie Friends Since 2003

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:00 pm - where to see sample?

SOKA kindergarten

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:03 pm - good for children to lear

Year 2006 Mums

A fresh new thread to locate SAHM of yr2006?

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:06 pm - so fun.

Any mummy stay with mother in law?

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:07 pm - i am so lucky too

Cherie Hearts - Anchorvale CC

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 7:08 pm - ya depend on individual p

Year 2011 Mums

Confinement Lady To Recommend

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 9:01 pm - Upset! i had a very bad

Year 2012 Mums

Any good confinement lady for recomendation?

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 9:15 pm - Upset! i had a very bad

Motherhood, Pregnancies And Babies

! A good Confinement lady to recommend?

chermaine (loocherma - 10/05, 9:18 pm - Upset! i had a very

bad

Look at the time n posts you have posted.... Yr intention was clearly painted! You post at diff threads just to increase the number of posts n finally write one long 'made up' story post...if you are genuine, what is the name of yr nanny? & why pay the nanny on her last day?

I will link this to I-Kare n let them decide if they could retrieve IP address of this registered account from motherhood forum n hope they will take action against for ppl doing false accusation n keep this forum decent n free from harassment...

hi pac,

u again here? you have been faithfully following me everywhere. and u show so much of irritation.

wow, i am curious, may i ask why are you so irritated?

Dear All who are looking for CL can consider my CL - Lily or Yan Jie.

Reason being

1. she cooks very well. Will cook separately for hubby and I (coz she tries not to let hubby take confinement food coz too heaty). If I have guest, she will also cook for my guest if they wants to eat..

2. Hand wash mine and baby's clothes

3. Washes hubby's clothes seperately

4. When my guest is here to visit me, will help me to host them by cutting fruits or pouring drinks for them.

5. Does housework for me. Even things like cleaning of toilet or cleaning my fan coz she say too dusty.

6. Takes care of baby and trains baby. Trains baby to drink at xx time interval, not to spoil baby by carrying her, talks to baby and loves baby..

7. Takes good care of me. Ensures that I eat full full.

8. Listens to "instructions". Example if you are not comfortable with her in any ways, she will change. Like coz I have this open concept kitchen and if she cooks with too big fire, my house will be really oily.. First day, thats what she did and my house is filled with smoke and oil.. But then after telling her, she lowered the fire and mop the floor(for the WHOLE HOUSE) after every cooking.. So nice right? We didnt even ask her to mop, just ask her to lower the fire..

9. The list goes on...

I would like to recommend my confinement lady as well.. Before this, I always find posts that recommends their CL dubious as in why would someone post and highly recommend their CL for nothing.. Now I know..

Anyone interested can contact her at 8242 6108 / 016-746 1157.

Hi Mummies, 

I have also engaged Auntie Siew Hoon (SGP HP: 84203549, Msia HP: +6011 1628 4086) 2 weeks ago & it was a TOTAL NIGHTMARE! 

PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE AUNTIE SIEW HOON if you do not want to go into depression! 

I engaged her after reading a few good reviews on her online too but she disappointed me greatly! I nearly went into postnatal blues. 

On her 1st day, she was very proactive & kept telling me that she doesn't like to be free & likes to keep busy, so she offered to vacuum & mop our house. On her 2nd day, when we woke up, we saw her did our laundry and ironing so we thought she was good! Note: We DID NOT ask her to do laundry, ironing for us. She did it on her own will. 

She started showing her true colors after the 1st week & flared up at me on her 8th day, saying that she was unhappy & wana leave on the day, making both my husb & I helpless as we are new parents! 

Below are the trauma she caused me during the 8 days when she was with me. 

1. My 4 days old baby caught a flu & vomited milk from his nostrils & mouth. Auntie Siew Hoon blamed it on the quality of my breastmilk! She said I took too sweet & heaty food and caused my baby to be heaty. She kept saying my baby is hot and shouldn't be wrapped up so much & guess what, that worsen his stuffy nose. I was so sad seeing my baby suffering from a blocked nose! 

2. She kept saying my milk supply is little, cannot satisfy my baby & so, making the baby cry. 

3. She offered my baby pacifier when he's crying! Have you seen a 4 days old baby taking pacifier? It's really a heartpain for me. I know it's wrong but being new, I let her do her way. :"( 

4. I asked her if there is still enough cheese and bread. If not, I can get my husb to buy more bread, cheese, ham or jam so that she can have some varieties or she can cook mee sua or macaroni for her breakfast too. Then she got SENSITIVE & replied rudely, "I only took 2 pieces of cheese a week & you all are saying I eat alot!" I told her, "Auntie, I'm just asking you if you have enough to eat. I'm worried you are sick of eating bread all the time. We don't care how much you eat as long as you feel comfortable in our house." AM I NOT being nice to her? And she became defensive & asked to go out to buy bread and biscults. I stay in a private & there isn't any supermarket or bakery within walking distance from my house, so I told her to tell me what she needs to buy & I will get my husb to help her buy. And she told me off rudely that "You condo people are so hard to serve. Next time I won't accept any assignment from Condo ppl. You guys won't even allow me to go out to buy bread. So heartless."???!!! Mummies, what did I do or said wrong?? 

5. She complained we stretched her to the max & made her do so many housework. BUT we didn't ask her to do housework at all! I told her I have a part time helper who comes every wednesday! And she still has the cheek to tell me that she did the ironing only out of good will. I said we did ask you to do ironing at all. WTH?!! Now she's putting ALL the blame to us for everything. I even kept asking her to go take a nap & rest whenever the baby zz....Isn't that not good to her enough? 

6. Everyday she cooks almost the same dishes for my husb & me. Not much varieties & seems like she only knows fish & papaya soup can boost milk supply. Other than that, she can't make or offer to cook other dishes or soups that can help in my milk supply! 

7. She complained that we treated her like a maid. Need her to bring the red dates drink to me & collect the cup after I finish. She said why can't I "zhi dong" bring the cup out to the kitchen after I finish. I thought CL's role is to help mummies recuperate & don't make the mummies walk too much during this 1 month confinement? Is my understanding wrong? If I need to do all these, bring the cups & dishes into the kitchen after I finish & walk so much, I might as well do my DIY confinement. After all, it's my few days after delivery & my wound has not healed!! 

8. On her 8th day, she asked to leave on the day itself or give me 3 days notice! OF COURSE, anyone with a sane mind would ask her to leave on the day! AND guess what, she dumped alot of unwashed baby clothes in the pail & really left me in trauma!

9. That's not the end of her. When we asked her to leave, she said we have to pay her 1 day advance payment, meaning we have to pay her salary for 9 days of work, instead of 8 days! What logic is that???! I told my husb, give the money she needs & asked her PACK & GO! 

10. When my new CL came, she was shocked that my baby's umbilical cord is still intact, damp & smelly. She said it will cause infection if it is not cleaned well. My new CL felt sad for baby and me that the previous CL did not do a proper cleaning of the cord for my baby & left me depressed. My baby's umbilical cord has now dropped off just 2 days after my new CL took over, whereas Auntie Siew Hoon just gave an excuse that my baby's cord did not drop off because it is a big cord. Stupid reason! 

I thought confinement is a period for mummies to recuperate & relax & be happy. But she has really left me crying & putting blame on myself. 

Thankfully, I managed to engage my new Confinement Lady from my friend's recommendation. We call her "Chen Tai / Auntie Chen". She's from JB and when she heard my CL left me helpless, she immediately called me a few times to say she will come out immediately to take care of me & baby. 

I highly recommend Chen Tai if you need a good CL. My milk supply has since increased from 30ml to 100ml just 1 day after she arrived. She helped me so much, cooked so well, kept talking to my baby & said "Auntie loves you, sayang you..." and encouraged me in breastfeeding. 

Chen Tai / Auntie Chen's SGP HP: 84558025 or Msia HP: +6012 3840288

Hi Mummies, 

I have engaged Auntie Siew Hoon (SGP HP: 84203549, Msia HP: +6011 1628 4086) 2 weeks ago & it was a TOTAL NIGHTMARE! 

PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE AUNTIE SIEW HOON if you do not want to go into depression! 

I engaged her after reading a few good reviews on her online too but she disappointed me greatly! I nearly went into postnatal blues. 

On her 1st day, she was very proactive & kept telling me that she doesn't like to be free & likes to keep busy, so she offered to vacuum & mop our house. On her 2nd day, when we woke up, we saw her did our laundry and ironing so we thought she was good! Note: We DID NOT ask her to do laundry, ironing for us. She did it on her own will. 

She started showing her true colors after the 1st week & flared up at me on her 8th day, saying that she was unhappy & wana leave on the day, making both my husb & I helpless as we are new parents! 

Below are the trauma she caused me during the 8 days when she was with me. 

1. My 4 days old baby caught a flu & vomited milk from his nostrils & mouth. Auntie Siew Hoon blamed it on the quality of my breastmilk! She said I took too sweet & heaty food and caused my baby to be heaty. She kept saying my baby is hot and shouldn't be wrapped up so much & guess what, that worsen his stuffy nose. I was so sad seeing my baby suffering from a blocked nose! 

2. She kept saying my milk supply is little, cannot satisfy my baby & so, making the baby cry. 

3. She offered my baby pacifier when he's crying! Have you seen a 4 days old baby taking pacifier? It's really a heartpain for me. I know it's wrong but being new, I let her do her way. :"( 

4. I asked her if there is still enough cheese and bread. If not, I can get my husb to buy more bread, cheese, ham or jam so that she can have some varieties or she can cook mee sua or macaroni for her breakfast too. Then she got SENSITIVE & replied rudely, "I only took 2 pieces of cheese a week & you all are saying I eat alot!" I told her, "Auntie, I'm just asking you if you have enough to eat. I'm worried you are sick of eating bread all the time. We don't care how much you eat as long as you feel comfortable in our house." AM I NOT being nice to her? And she became defensive & asked to go out to buy bread and biscults. I stay in a private & there isn't any supermarket or bakery within walking distance from my house, so I told her to tell me what she needs to buy & I will get my husb to help her buy. And she told me off rudely that "You condo people are so hard to serve. Next time I won't accept any assignment from Condo ppl. You guys won't even allow me to go out to buy bread. So heartless."???!!! Mummies, what did I do or said wrong?? 

5. She complained we stretched her to the max & made her do so many housework. BUT we didn't ask her to do housework at all! I told her I have a part time helper who comes every wednesday! And she still has the cheek to tell me that she did the ironing only out of good will. I said we didn't ask you to do ironing at all. WTH?!! Now she's putting ALL the blame to us for everything. I even kept asking her to go take a nap & rest whenever the baby zz....Isn't that not good to her enough? 

6. Everyday she cooks almost the same dishes for my husb & me. Not much varieties & seems like she only knows fish & papaya soup can boost milk supply. Other than that, she can't make or offer to cook other dishes or soups that can help in my milk supply! 

7. She complained that we treated her like a maid. Need her to bring the red dates drink to me & collect the cup after I finish. She said why can't I "zhi dong" bring the cup out to the kitchen after I finish. I thought CL's role is to help mummies recuperate & don't make the mummies walk too much during this 1 month confinement? Is my understanding wrong? If I need to do all these, bring the cups & dishes into the kitchen after I finish & walk so much, I might as well do my DIY confinement. After all, it's my few days after delivery & my wound has not healed!! 

8. On her 8th day, she asked to leave on the day itself or give me 3 days notice! OF COURSE, anyone with a sane mind would ask her to leave on the day! AND guess what, she dumped alot of unwashed baby clothes in the pail & really left me in trauma!

9. That's not the end of her. When we asked her to leave, she said we have to pay her 1 day advance payment, meaning we have to pay her salary for 9 days of work, instead of 8 days! What logic is that???! I told my husb, give the money she needs & asked her PACK & GO! 

10. When my new CL came, she was shocked that my baby's umbilical cord is still intact, damp & smelly. She said it will cause infection if it is not cleaned well. My new CL felt sad for baby and me that the previous CL did not do a proper cleaning of the cord for my baby & left me depressed. My baby's umbilical cord has now dropped off just 2 days after my new CL took over, whereas Auntie Siew Hoon just gave an excuse that my baby's cord did not drop off because it is a big cord. Stupid reason! 

I thought confinement is a period for mummies to recuperate & relax & be happy. But she has really left me crying & putting blame on myself. 

Thankfully, I managed to engage my new Confinement Lady from my friend's recommendation. We call her "Chen Tai / Auntie Chen". She's from JB and when she heard my CL left me helpless, she immediately called me a few times to say she will come out immediately to take care of me & baby. 

I highly recommend Chen Tai if you need a good CL. My milk supply has since increased from 30ml to 100ml just 1 day after she arrived. She helped me so much, cooked so well, kept talking to my baby & said "Auntie loves you, sayang you..." and encouraged me in breastfeeding. 

Chen Tai / Auntie Chen's SGP HP: 84558025 or Msia HP: +6012 3840288

Same with Rebeana, I also engaged Yan Jie for my confinement lady. With her help, I manage to fully breastfeed my baby. This is my third child, and before this I always thought I don't have enough milk, which she prove me wrong by helping me to get enough milk supply. She is very experience and know how to take good care of me and my baby. My son got flu and cough from his elder sis at third week, and Yan Jie really help me a lot to soothe him.

She know how to cook varieties of confinement food/soup and her cooking are nice too. I never engaged any confinement lady before, and Yan Jie is the first one. I dunno about other confinement nanny, but I think Yan Jie is good enough for me, friendly and easygoing...

Hi, I have a good confinement nanny to recommend. She is available for a job after Chinese New Year 2014. Please contact me at 97778880 or Meilian at 83065400 if you require her services. She is pro breastfeeding and can cook a lot of nice soups.

Please ignore all my comments stated above as I was pestered to write it during my 2nd week of confinement. Personally, I don't recommend Auntie Chong after 28days of confinement period.

Hello Yew, can you share your experience with me?

Back